PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa's best player opts out

KOdawg1
12-24-2020, 11:51 AM

He won the Nagurski Award this year, which is awarded to the best defensive player in college football. He had 54 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, four sacks and four interceptions. He also added a forced fumble, fumble recovery, safety and two touchdowns in eight games.

Good news for us.

starkvegasdawg
12-24-2020, 12:08 PM
If he's scared he should just say he's scared.

Matt3467
12-24-2020, 01:12 PM
Ehh same thing happened a few years ago when Iowa lost their "best" player on offense. Don't remember his name but he was a TE.

Todd4State
12-24-2020, 01:14 PM
Ehh same thing happened a few years ago when Iowa lost their "best" player on offense. Don't remember his name but he was a TE.

Yeah. Well we had a Moorhead.

Maroonthirteen
12-24-2020, 01:44 PM

Players lost the Outback bowl.

Abrams busted a coverage and let a guy get wide open for their long TD pass.

I believe it was Gay. Throat slash after stopping them on 3rd down. Penalty Extended the drive. They got points out of the drive instead of none and a punt.

Fitz had no time to pass that day. If only Moorhead had his players.

Fitz hit Quidry in the chest for a later, go ahead TD. Nope. Miss, ball pop ups and an INT. Zero points.

Defense couldn't 3 and out Iowa on the next drive. Iowa marched down the field, took time off the clock and kicked a FG.

Moorhead had us in position. Players didn't execute.

Matt3467
12-24-2020, 02:13 PM

I believe it was Gay. Throat slash after stopping them on 3rd down. Penalty Extended the drive. They got points out of the drive instead of none and a punt.

Fitz hit Quidry in the chest for a later, go ahead TD. Nope. Miss, ball pop ups and an INT. Zero points.

Defense couldn't 3 and out Iowa on the next drive. Iowa marched down the field, took time off the clock and kicked a FG.

I seem to remember Osirus Mitchell dropping a TD too but I may be confusing games. He's done that a few games.

Jarius
12-24-2020, 02:46 PM

Players didn’t execute for 2 years under Moorhead because he was a shitty coach who allowed his players to be undisciplined.

R2Dawg
12-24-2020, 03:24 PM
Players didn’t execute for 2 years under Moorhead because he was a shitty coach who allowed his players to be undisciplined.

Boy hard to blame that loss or any loss that year on the D. Problem that year in any game wasn't the D.

DownwardDawg
12-24-2020, 03:36 PM
I seem to remember Osirus Mitchell dropping a TD too but I may be confusing games. He's done that a few games.

He let it bounce off his chest and hands and get intercepted in the end zone.

chef dixon
12-24-2020, 03:46 PM

I'm pretty sure that was Guidry

ZedFedder
12-24-2020, 03:53 PM
It definitely was Guidry.

KOdawg1
12-24-2020, 06:15 PM

Guidry.

Osiris had his big drop vs. Florida. I still say if he catches that ball, we win that game.

msstate7
12-24-2020, 06:21 PM
Guidry.

Osiris had his big drop vs. Florida. I still say if he catches that ball, we win that game.

If we win that game, Moorhead is still our coach. Losing to mullen with us being the better team was the beginning of the end for joe.

PGHBulldogBG
12-24-2020, 11:44 PM
If we win that game, Moorhead is still our coach. Losing to mullen with us being the better team was the beginning of the end for joe.

Unfortunately, I won a lot of money on that game along with most our games in 2018

basedog
12-25-2020, 04:33 AM

Yes, big time loss for Joe and Msu!

DownwardDawg
12-25-2020, 12:35 PM

I'll never forgive Joe for losing that game. That still hurts.

Bdawg
12-25-2020, 04:16 PM

There second string got drafted too. Think one was first round and one second, or maybe I remember both being first around cause they talked a lot about it. Either way, they both were good.

FISHDAWG
12-25-2020, 04:24 PM

If Moorhead opted out we win that one

Matt3467
12-25-2020, 08:35 PM
If Moorhead opted out we win that one

Unfortunately it wasn't Moorhead that dropped a TD pass. Not his fan either but Osirus has been a problem in 3 admins.

R2Dawg
12-25-2020, 09:45 PM

I agree. It was a major turn for sure for Joe that he did nothing to reverse (except Auburn game then he reverted back).

parabrave
12-26-2020, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, I won a lot of money on that game along with most our games in 2018

I won alot this year except for the egg bowl. If I'm a player that is going into the draft ranked in the 1st 2 rounds dam right I'm sitting out.

schddog72
12-26-2020, 08:40 PM

He will NEVER be forgiven for that drop; never!!

starkvegasdawg
12-26-2020, 09:08 PM

In his defense it was dropped right over shoulder into his hands perfectly.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
12-27-2020, 12:04 AM

He won the Nagurski Award this year, which is awarded to the best defensive player in college football. He had 54 total tackles, 11.5 tackles for loss, four sacks and four interceptions. He also added a forced fumble, fumble recovery, safety and two touchdowns in eight games.

Good news for us.

Good! Now we have a chance to win??

MoreCowbell
12-27-2020, 09:44 AM

The Florida game drop was worse. I still cringe thinking about that.

Matt3467
12-27-2020, 01:53 PM
Here's my Christmas gift for all of you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wAHQR5FBUo

Specifically 7:20 and onward.

Also 12:03

Todd4State
12-27-2020, 02:56 PM
Here's my Christmas gift for all of you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wAHQR5FBUo

Specifically 7:20 and onward.

Also 12:03

More like a lump of coal.

BigEasyDawg
12-28-2020, 03:01 PM
There second string got drafted too. Think one was first round and one second, or maybe I remember both being first around cause they talked a lot about it. Either way, they both were good.

Yup, Noah Fant at the Broncos and TJ Hockenson with the Lions. Both have been really good NFL tight ends so far

CaptainObvious
12-28-2020, 04:55 PM
See. I always thought the coaches job was to coach em up during the week, and the players
Jobs were to execute on The Weeknd?s. Unfortunately, there were times this year when our players looked like they had been ?executed? on the weekends.

Tbonewannabe
12-29-2020, 09:19 AM
I agree. It was a major turn for sure for Joe that he did nothing to reverse (except Auburn game then he reverted back).

The Auburn game looked different because Moorhead was talked into that game plan by Hudspeth and another coach, at least that was the rumor. After the game, it was the famous I guess I took my coaching pills quote but we also never saw those plays and game plan again.

Like a lot of coaches, Moorhead was more happy to lose his way than run a variation of that offense.