PDA

View Full Version : Basketball - MSU vs Miss. Valley State

RocketDawg
12-21-2020, 08:07 PM
Any idea why the Tennessee game is so late ending? Still had almost 5 clock minutes left when it was time for our game.

parabrave
12-21-2020, 08:51 PM
38-22 2mins left in 1st.

parabrave
12-21-2020, 09:54 PM
Now that was fun watching Garcia slamming that

msstate7
12-21-2020, 09:59 PM
This isn't our year, but this could be a really good team next season

parabrave
12-21-2020, 10:08 PM

It's going to be fun watching these guys. And I think we will do better than most people think. There is good team chemistry with our top 3, all team players. Johnson has been stepping it up lately which gives us 4 reliable scorers. And most importantly NO DRAMA QUEENS. Tulu is looking more like L Roberts every game. Our bench is getting better also,

trob115
12-21-2020, 11:00 PM
I like our teams grit. We shoot 65% ft for the year, and we are 7-1.

BiscuitEater
12-21-2020, 11:29 PM

Exact same quote from last year when it looked like Perry and Woodard would be here leading the team in '20-'21.

No one knows what next year's team will look like! No one!

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:46 PM
Exact same quote from last year when it looked like Perry and Woodard would be here leading the team in '20-'21.

Fair enough, I don't think Stewart, t. Smith, and Molinar are gonna leave, but who knows

StarkVegasSteve
12-22-2020, 08:42 AM
We need to get Deivon Smith going a little more. Really has struggled scoring the ball the last few games. Now 7 rebs and 4 ast. from the PG position is something to like from the freshman but man.....18 minutes and only 1 pt. He needs to be a key cog in that second group along with Davis. I think he'll get going as the season progresses.

StarkVegasSteve
12-22-2020, 08:45 AM
Also, just awesome to see Issac Stansbury get in there at the end last night. So many good memories of that family's time at MSU. I'll always remember all 3 of Rick's kids running out on the court with the team.

MCsMGs
12-22-2020, 02:53 PM

No one who knew anything about MSU basketball expected Perry back this year.

msstate7
12-22-2020, 02:54 PM
No one who knew anything about MSU basketball expected Perry back this year.

I did think there was a chance we'd get Woodard back. It really sucks he isn't here now Bc this is a tourney team with him.

MCsMGs
12-22-2020, 03:49 PM
I did think there was a chance we'd get Woodard back. It really sucks he isn't here now Bc this is a tourney team with him.

Yeah, I thought we had a slightly better than 50% chance that he would come back. There were/are a lot who thought Perry should come back, but no one who knew anything thought he would come back.

RougeDawg
12-22-2020, 05:07 PM
I see a team getting better by the day. Even Ado showed some athletic moves last night.

If Stewart and Molinar can keep shooting from outside like they are, we can hang with anyone. We should have a chance at .500 in conference play at a minimum. Keep improving and we will be a headache for just about everyone. Good to get Kentucky early too.

thf24
12-22-2020, 05:29 PM

I think it was known from much earlier on than anyone was talking about '20-'21 that Perry most likely wouldn't be returning, and we knew for about as long that Woodard was at the very least going to have draft stock on raw potential alone. You're right, anything's possible, but no one on this year's team is even on the NBA's radar right now.