PDA

View Full Version : Looking at our 2021 schedule we could end up with only six home games.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2020, 05:09 PM
Hopefully we can work things out with NC State to play that game in Starkville or it could end up being like the year Tulane backed out and we ended up going to Umass.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 07:32 PM
I think if they back out which I think is likely- we'll just play someone else at home. Probably a G5 team like Tulane.

CaptainObvious
12-21-2020, 07:40 PM
Yes. I would think if your P5 opponent backed out, you would be given the leeway to schedule a G5. If someone needs to be punished for the cancellation of a P5 game it should be the team that backed out.

Choctaw Dawg
12-21-2020, 07:45 PM
Why would they back out? I get that there will not be a return game for us now to Raleigh but it doesn't seem to be much harm to just play a away game in starkville if you are NC State.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 08:10 PM
Why would they back out? I get that there will not be a return game for us now to Raleigh but it doesn't seem to be much harm to just play a away game in starkville if you are NC State.

They want to make sure that we play our road game against them in Raleigh. The issue is we are booked out with P5 games into the 2030's. I don't blame NC State and it's not MSU's fault here either.