PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like the regular college season going into late Dec?

Indndawg
12-21-2020, 02:03 PM
There's something about football when its actually cold that I enjoy. One of the few good things about the 19's

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 02:09 PM
There's something about football when its actually cold that I enjoy. One of the few good things about the 19's

I love it ... screw a bunch of Christmas shopping. I know we need the cupcakes and this season has been rough but so much more interesting .... "God help me - I do love it. I love it more than my life."

Irondawg
12-21-2020, 02:25 PM
I too have enjoyed having it this late

StarkVegasSteve
12-21-2020, 02:33 PM
I really enjoyed it. Not having to sweat your ass off at the first 3 home games of the season was quite nice IMO.

DawgNsuds
12-21-2020, 02:44 PM
Absolutely

Lord McBuckethead
12-22-2020, 02:50 AM
I agree, they need to start the season mid september and let it edge into December in my humble opinion. Not sure what to do about finals and such, but football is better when it isn't 107 deg at 11 am for the first 3 games.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2020, 08:17 AM
I don't watch Basketball so the later the better ... I think The conference championship games being played the week before Christmas is the way to go. The current contract for the 4-team playoff ends after 2023 - not sure exactly what they will do but I hope someone that matters prefers this December football and finds a way to make this stay around other than the usual conf championship games being played the first week of Dec

Mjoelner34
12-22-2020, 10:25 AM
I've been a fan forever for pushing the start of football and baseball back a month. The only thing worse than a 95 degree football game is a 42 degree baseball game (and vice versa).

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2020, 10:42 AM
I like it as well, but the problem is that students aren't on campus & the college football needs students on campus & at games.

In normal year, attendance & atmosphere would've suffered greatly with a season this late.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-22-2020, 11:10 AM
A lot better than college football in August and first two weeks of September

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2020, 11:52 AM

YES. I also liked the later start. Football is a cool/cold weather sport.

TrapGame
12-22-2020, 12:05 PM
Not only do I like this late December football but I also like the 10 game conference schedule. I'd like us to go to this format.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2020, 12:32 PM
Not only do I like this late December football but I also like the 10 game conference schedule. I'd like us to go to this format.

David Pollack suggested to eliminate divisions and take the top two teams in every conference and let them play for their respective conf championships. Change the scheduling to 8 conf games and 4 ooc games but those 4 ooc games must each come from a different P-5 opponent - My heart says yes but my head says NO... I also like the 10 conf only games, but in a normal year this just isn't practical for us unless we have depth like Bama

BB30
12-22-2020, 12:34 PM
I like it as well, but the problem is that students aren't on campus & the college football needs students on campus & at games.

In normal year, attendance & atmosphere would've suffered greatly with a season this late.

Eh, if the team is worth a crap there will be plenty of fans there even if its later. If the team is bad there probably won't be that many.

DAWGS1
12-22-2020, 06:14 PM
Yes I do. Not so much in August and early September.
Start week after Labor Day like the NFL
Absolutely not to 10 Conf games.
I like having 4 non- conf but maybe make 2 of 4 P5 opponents.

lastmajordog
12-22-2020, 06:28 PM
August and September “sweat fest”........yall can have it.

Gypsy_RoadDawg
12-23-2020, 08:30 AM
I like it going later in the season. The heat of late August and September make it miserable of fans and players both. I've liked the 10 game SEC schedule it's made each week very interesting. It's probably not in the best interest of MSU however long term.

RougeDawg
12-23-2020, 01:36 PM
Starting the season later is great with respect to watching the games in person. Was much better watching in a jacket in December over soaked shorts in September.

That being said, the late season cuts into the best part of deer season for most of the state. That will hinder some attendance. The 6:00 auburn kickoff did allow me to make morning hunt and game in same day but Mizzou kick didn?t allow it. People will have to make choices and the product on the field will dictate that.

Maroonthirteen
12-23-2020, 03:56 PM
It would have to be an exceptional State team to fill up or have a good crowd in mid December. The Rut is on then in central MS and lower.