PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear anything about the turnip being in trouble at UT?

Leroy Jenkins
12-21-2020, 12:31 PM
There is rumor of an internal "impermissible benefits" investigation going on at UT as a faction of unhappy UT boosters are searching for cause to cut him loose.

TNDawg35
12-21-2020, 12:54 PM
Their “QB” got his feelings hurt by being benched and turned over all kinds of stuff. They are looking to get away from Pruitt without paying the buyout from giving him a raise earlier in the yr. The RB kid from Memphis is in deep shit also.

Filter doesn’t want to fire him, but the boosters have Freeze lined up and are trying to push Pruitt out. QUICKLY...

Leroy Jenkins
12-21-2020, 01:16 PM
https://media1.giphy.com/media/26gs7RXX8IWnnCbRu/giphy.gif

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 01:22 PM
I figure Fulmer would replace Pruitt with Fulmer.

Leroy Jenkins
12-21-2020, 01:30 PM
Gonna be interesting because Pruitt is Fulmer's boy, but the boosters don't like Pruitt. I guess Phil is going to have to decide if this is the hill he wants to die on.

StateDawg44
12-21-2020, 01:35 PM
Apparently, Guarantano's dad is the one who reported the violations with text messages. Guarantano announcing he was entering the portal minutes after the game even more suspicious now. Even though he had already lost his spot.

Just what I'm hearing up here. Haven't seen it reported anywhere.

BrunswickDawg
12-21-2020, 01:47 PM
Phil and Freeze? I can't think of a pair of despicable, back-stabbing, cheating, SOBS that deserve each other more. It's like the redneck version of Days of Our Lives.

Indndawg
12-21-2020, 02:04 PM
I laughed.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2020, 02:15 PM
They are under investigation by the NCAA and they are doing a internal investigation. It is all around recruiting violations. They must have stepped on Saban's toes.

msstatelp1
12-21-2020, 02:37 PM
I'll laugh my ass off if they hire Freeze and Mullen has to face him every year.

MetEdDawg
12-21-2020, 04:34 PM
Now Tennessee is apparently not going to attend their bowl game due to Covid.

Now whether that's real Covid issues or Ole Miss type Covid issues is still to be determined. But either way they won't be playing in the Liberty Bowl.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2020, 04:37 PM
Now Tennessee is apparently not going to attend their bowl game due to Covid.

Now whether that's real Covid issues or Ole Miss type Covid issues is still to be determined. But either way they won't be playing in the Liberty Bowl.

How can you have positive test today? They just played Saturday. Contract tracing would put all of A&M out. I am calling BS on the Covid. I think they are fixing to get hammered by NCAA and self imposing.

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 04:39 PM
How can you have positive test today? They just played Saturday. Contract tracing would put all of A&M out. I am calling BS on the Covid. I think they are fixing to get hammered by NCAA and self imposing.

Must be the OM variety

dawggoneit
12-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Maybe Army can fill their spot

Dogbone
12-21-2020, 04:43 PM
Maybe Army can fill their spot

That would be awesome!

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 04:51 PM
SEC needs to refund tickets to MSU fans & send MSU to the Liberty Bowl.

The Liberty Bowl payout is $3 mil more than the Armed Forces

Additionally, that opens up Army to go to the Armed Forces, which makes sense

BeardoMSU
12-21-2020, 05:04 PM
It's ****ing shameful UT accepted that bowl invite knowing damn well they'd back out not even 24 hours later. My God, what a bunch of douches.

Reunion Dog
12-22-2020, 03:08 AM
Peyton Manning will be AD @ TN.. If a certain former Governor would have gotten the Chancellor job in Oxford... Peyton was 1st new hire... And gonna bring his 2 brothers... The new Poole family was almost done... And they would have KICKED John Boy & Nelle's a$$es 24/7/365

Jarius
12-22-2020, 08:08 AM
I heard the offensive tackle at Tennessee that is involved in this is going to get Ole Miss dragged into it as well.

Hambone
12-22-2020, 10:09 AM
Man, if Ole Miss gets back into trouble after just coming off of probation.......

Jack Lambert
12-22-2020, 10:14 AM
I heard the offensive tackle at Tennessee that is involved in this is going to get Ole Miss dragged into it as well.

True or not it's is ashamed that anytime a SEC school gets in trouble Ole Miss is always mentions in it. They have the worse reputation. They have surpassed Auburn in that regard.

Saltydog
12-22-2020, 10:32 AM
So, if the NCAA is starting to snoop around does it really make sense to bring in someone like Hugh Effing Freeze to clean up a program. I think this would cross his name off the list quickly.

MetEdDawg
12-22-2020, 10:42 AM
I don't think they want Freeze to clean the program up. I think they want him to exploit recruiting further and smarter.

Fulmer doesn't care about a clean image. He wants to win because he knows ultimately no matter what happens you are remembered by wins. Freeze can bring those wins.

Saltydog
12-22-2020, 11:28 AM
Agreed but I'm referring more to the optics of the situation. So, the NCAA is possibly being made aware of some things and then you bring in one of the biggest cheaters in CFB history. You're probably right though, Fulmer won't give two shits about that.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Agreed but I'm referring more to the optics of the situation. So, the NCAA is possibly being made aware of some things and then you bring in one of the biggest cheaters in CFB history. You're probably right though, Fulmer won't give two shits about that.

The College President should step in if necessary ... Hiring Freeze while UT is about to be under investigation is like a big screw you to the NCAA ... no need to have them add a microscope to their tool bag when a magnifying glass would have been all they brought

Jarius
12-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Paying players is going to be legal in under 12 months. Who gives a shit if Freeze has a history of cheating? It is not going to be considered cheating shortly anyway.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2020, 01:13 PM
4th or 5th transfer in two days ... now their QB

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1341437409746182144

msbulldog
12-22-2020, 01:22 PM
Man, if Ole Miss gets back into trouble after just coming off of probation.......

Their off probation but there still within the 5 year window for repeat offender status.

msbulldog
12-22-2020, 01:24 PM
I don't think they want Freeze to clean the program up. I think they want him to exploit recruiting further and smarter.

Fulmer doesn't care about a clean image. He wants to win because he knows ultimately no matter what happens you are remembered by wins. Freeze can bring those wins.

Smarter and Freeze is an oxymoron.

West Tn Dawg
12-22-2020, 10:36 PM

One can only hope so!!!!!