PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State vs Central Arkansas (Women's Basketball)

jdelta02
12-20-2020, 03:50 PM
Gameday
Miss. State vs Central Arkansas (Today 3:00 pm, Starkville MS)

jdelta02
12-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Halftime

Miss. State 41
Central Arkansas 14

Jessika Carter 15 pts, 9 rbs

ZedFedder
12-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Glad to see us rebound better.

jdelta02
12-20-2020, 06:18 PM
Miss. State 72
Central Arkansas 49

Jessika Carter 29 pts, 15 rbs, 3 blks

Stat sheet stuffer.....
Freshman Madison Hayes with 8 pts, 8 rbs, 4 assists, 1 blk....24 minutes off the bench. The freshman is definitely scrappy...same as from her high school days.

(Few Notes) Central Arkansas outscored Miss. State by 4 points in the second half. Miss. State outrebounded Central Arkansas 45 to 36 for the game. Rickea Jackson..7 pts, 2-12 fg, and 0-4 from 3 pt range, 0 rbs. Keep your head up Rickea...lots of basketball left to be played.

Irondawg
12-21-2020, 12:35 AM
I hope we got that out of our system today as we?ve got some serious work to do to be a contender. Today was a bit of a step back even though you might look at the box score and think otherwise.

It?s going to be interesting how coach adjusts the rotations in conf play. Nobody is really demanding to earn more minutes based on their play. Somebody will play well one day and then be a total non-factor the next.

Jessika and Rickea will get their 30-35 a game and after that I have no clue what she will do but I?m not going to be shocked if we do what Vic ended up doing and playing Rickea a lot as a stretch 4 to create a mismatch

Wiggins is also a total wildcard as I have no idea what Nikki thinks of her. I could see her getting 20 minutes and I could see her at the end of the bench

jdelta02
12-21-2020, 12:31 PM
Xaria Wiggins is experienced, and makes plays on both offense and defense (including being one of the team's better defenders). Also, she's played in quite a few big games in her career. Remember, she played really well in that first game against South Carolina last season. SEC ready player, will just need to get back up to game speed, ect. Her return definitely helps make this team better, especially defensively.

Also... Aliyah Matharu and Yemiyah Morris. Freshman..Madison Hayes coming along as well.

Irondawg
12-21-2020, 12:48 PM
Morris I think will be mostly glued to the bench in conference play unless we are getting destroyed by size alone in a game or Carter gets in fouls trouble.

Nikki yanked her out very quickly when she gave up and offensive rebound due to not attempting to block out late in the game yesterday. She’s improved some but I don’t think she’s the type of player Nikki favors either