PDA

View Full Version : Good things going forward

tcdog70
12-20-2020, 01:55 PM
1. Watson can play linebacker well
2 the Mule can be be a big time threat on the fade. Nice catch and throw.
3 Craft has done a good job this year. Thanks to a walk-on
4.Mike might even start running the ball when the box count dictates.
5. Wonder if Osiris might come back and catch 80 balls next year.
6. 21 &23 can only get stronger and better.
7. Ruiz coming back is a big deal.
8. Cream Br?l?e is the next big time defender.
9. Ya?ll have a Merry Christmas and let?s win the bowl game.
10 oh yes-the Rebs proved they are shitty by not playing A&M then lose to the Tigers. Still have a losing record.

Dogbone
12-20-2020, 02:13 PM
1. Watson can play linebacker well
2 the Mule can be be a big time threat on the fade. Nice catch and throw.
3 Craft has done a good job this year. Thanks to a walk-on
4.Mike might even start running the ball when the box count dictates.
5. Wonder if Osiris might come back and catch 80 balls next year.
6. 21 &23 can only get stronger and better.
7. Ruiz coming back is a big deal.
8. Cream Br?l?e is the next big time defender.
9. Ya?ll have a Merry Christmas and let?s win the bowl game.
10 oh yes-the Rebs proved they are shitty by not playing A&M then lose to the Tigers. Still have a losing record.

Hail State!

parabrave
12-20-2020, 03:03 PM
Brule' is going to only get better.

RougeDawg
12-20-2020, 03:08 PM
Watching the game from the endzone I saw a few things that were improved. The line seemed to look somewhat more coherent. But the biggest improvement was the patience of our young RB?s. They did not immediately hit the hole they were supposed to run through. They were patient to allow the holes to develop and then his them. Marks even ducked in behind the linemen a few times, waited and then bounced around when the blocks were engaged.

Similar to the receivers having to learn a new scheme, the running scheme is also unorthodox. May be hard to explain on a message board, but the air raid running game is much different than the read option. It will take time for everyone to get it. Not to mention receivers finally catching some deep and difficult passes, also helps the run game.

This week the blocks on OL were there. Maybe that is because of the difference in talent between auburn and Missouri. Our guys were picking up blocks and moving to block someone if they weren?t blocking someone.

Bottom line, if the receivers make the plays all year, that they made last night, we are 5-5 at minimum and most likely 6-4.

hp22
12-20-2020, 06:35 PM
1. Effort: say what you will about the results and the frustrations along the way. This team played hard every time they went on the field. I never questioned effort. I take that as a sign they are buying in.

2. The secondary: what everyone thought would be our biggest weakness now looks to be an asset moving forward. Forbes, Furdge, Emerson, Peter's, Preston etc.

3. I left Collin Duncan out of the above list because he needs to be singled out. He has improved each game and was all over the field yesterday.

4. What's Pickering status going into 21? I worry about losing guys like Spencer and Kobe. Got to have someone step up.

5. Brule can be big time. The early results on Watson look good too.

6. I like both our freshman backs. One runs hard, the other is elusive.

7. Our receivers improved throughout the year. I cant wait to see Walley and Tulu. I think Heath makes a stride. And Leach has some coming in.

8. QB: Roger's is poised back there and hit some real high Mark's for a FR. He looks to be a leader too. Competition in that room will make everyone better.

There were plenty of "what in the hell" are we doing moments. Lots of adversity and frustrations. Culture clashing also occurred. Let's see where we are this time mid october. We have plenty of questions to answer.

For all the doom and gloom and sky is falling posted on here, we have some things to be excited about. Playing a crap ton of freshman at key times and a roster under 50 for a month is a challenge. They didn't back down. I hope obviously things somewhat normalize late spring 21 to an extent and we can have a much more normal go at it next year. Let's win another in 10 days and build.

Lord McBuckethead
12-20-2020, 07:16 PM
Does Heath still have 2 to play 2 with this year's non-eligibilty year?

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 07:31 PM
Does Heath still have 2 to play 2 with this year's non-eligibilty year?

Yes. It's like this season did not happen.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 03:38 AM
Watching the game from the endzone I saw a few things that were improved. The line seemed to look somewhat more coherent. But the biggest improvement was the patience of our young RB?s. They did not immediately hit the hole they were supposed to run through. They were patient to allow the holes to develop and then his them. Marks even ducked in behind the linemen a few times, waited and then bounced around when the blocks were engaged.

Similar to the receivers having to learn a new scheme, the running scheme is also unorthodox. May be hard to explain on a message board, but the air raid running game is much different than the read option. It will take time for everyone to get it. Not to mention receivers finally catching some deep and difficult passes, also helps the run game.

This week the blocks on OL were there. Maybe that is because of the difference in talent between auburn and Missouri. Our guys were picking up blocks and moving to block someone if they weren?t blocking someone.

Bottom line, if the receivers make the plays all year, that they made last night, we are 5-5 at minimum and most likely 6-4.

I saw the the same things you did. I will add that we are starting to develop a downfield passing game for the first time since 2015 and that's going to set this offense off. I think we make a big jump on offense next year. We just have to develop the defense a little bit more and they will make a jump as well.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 03:45 AM
1. Effort: say what you will about the results and the frustrations along the way. This team played hard every time they went on the field. I never questioned effort. I take that as a sign they are buying in. This was nice to see all year even when we were struggling. The effort that we got under Moorhead was disappointing.

2. The secondary: what everyone thought would be our biggest weakness now looks to be an asset moving forward. Forbes, Furdge, Emerson, Peter's, Preston etc. I think we missed Janari Dean too. Once he is healthy I think he will be a good leader for us on the field. We need to add Perkins and a grad transfer safety though.

3. I left Collin Duncan out of the above list because he needs to be singled out. He has improved each game and was all over the field yesterday. I agree. He has made two of the most impressive interceptions on the year for us.

4. What's Pickering status going into 21? I worry about losing guys like Spencer and Kobe. Got to have someone step up. Pickering will be back.

5. Brule can be big time. The early results on Watson look good too. I think Brule is a future all SEC LB. Watson I guess we can bulk him up into a MLB since there is a need there. I think we may go to the portal to find a MLB if we can as well.

6. I like both our freshman backs. One runs hard, the other is elusive.

7. Our receivers improved throughout the year. I cant wait to see Walley and Tulu. I think Heath makes a stride. And Leach has some coming in. Knox, Moore, and Harmon could contribute in the rotation next year. I also want to see what Caleb Ducking can give us.

8. QB: Roger's is poised back there and hit some real high Mark's for a FR. He looks to be a leader too. Competition in that room will make everyone better. Abraham is the perfect addition for this team. He's a veteran and there will be a competition. I'm not sure who wins it but I think they push each other.

There were plenty of "what in the hell" are we doing moments. Lots of adversity and frustrations. Culture clashing also occurred. Let's see where we are this time mid october. We have plenty of questions to answer.

For all the doom and gloom and sky is falling posted on here, we have some things to be excited about. Playing a crap ton of freshman at key times and a roster under 50 for a month is a challenge. They didn't back down. I hope obviously things somewhat normalize late spring 21 to an extent and we can have a much more normal go at it next year. Let's win another in 10 days and build.

Good thoughts.

Bdawg
12-21-2020, 12:40 PM
Thinking of next year, how is Purvis and D. Russell doing? They both good to go next year? Are they contributors?