bobcat91
12-20-2020, 01:56 AM
All of the folks who want to see Leach fail go back into hiding. T

DEDawg
12-20-2020, 02:11 AM
Go to bed old man

Hambone
12-20-2020, 07:30 AM
But if he wins they can’t call for Cohens head.

Man, yesterday was fun to keep up with.

bobcat91
12-20-2020, 10:06 AM
Go to bed old man

Get off my lawn***

Bdawg
12-20-2020, 10:12 AM
That was really fun to watch. I hope this is the version of the leach system we are going to see going forward. Just get us in the right plays!!!! Maybe that was on Will. I don't care if we throw every play or call more runs like last night as long as we are getting the right play called at the line of scrimmage. Great to see our OL do what they did last night.

BeardoMSU
12-20-2020, 10:21 AM
That was really fun to watch. I hope this is the version of the leach system we are going to see going forward. Just get us in the right plays!!!! Maybe that was on Will. I don't care if we throw every play or call more runs like last night as long as we are getting the right play called at the line of scrimmage. Great to see our OL do what they did last night.

Also adding the fact we lost our best defensive player on the first possession of the game and still more or less dominated them, yesterday was a lot of fun.

Coach34
12-20-2020, 10:43 AM
Good game yesterday. Was good to see us finally run the ball some.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:07 AM
Good game yesterday. Was good to see us finally run the ball some.

Thank the QB for that

parabrave
12-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Thank the QB for that

When Will had that Scramble in the 1st, the Mizz defense change after that.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:26 AM
When Will had that Scramble in the 1st, the Mizz defense change after that.

I was talking about the run checks. That is the QB. Leach is never going to call a run play. Ask anyone who has ever played for him

dstatechamps
12-20-2020, 12:03 PM
It's because most of our fans suck. We are all-americans at "yeah, but....."

parabrave
12-20-2020, 12:03 PM
Will also didn't throw off his Back foot many time yesterday. That has been one of his main problems this year. Ah I forgot to add his receivers finally found the open spot.

BrunswickDawg
12-20-2020, 12:05 PM
I was talking about the run checks. That is the QB. Leach is never going to call a run play. Ask anyone who has ever played for him

Exactly - I posted this in the game thread yesterday. The running in Leach's system is all about the QB making the call based on what he sees. Yesterday is the first real Leach Air Raid game we've played because Will really began to understand the defense and was taking what they were giving him - which was check to the run. In turn it opened up the passing game and we had an offense working the way it was intended for the first time all year.

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:11 PM
If we EFFECTIVELY (key word there) run the ball 35% or greater, then we'll have success. Yesterday was the first time all year we got push from the big boys up front.

Joebob
12-20-2020, 12:11 PM
If Will keeps progressing the way he has, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with Sawyer next year. I know that Sawyer has the better arm, but Will has already gone through one year of the learning curve under Leach and has shown that he can run this offense.

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:20 PM
If Will keeps progressing the way he has, it's going to be interesting to see what they do with Sawyer next year. I know that Sawyer has the better arm, but Will has already gone through one year of the learning curve under Leach and has shown that he can run this offense.

Sawyer playing baseball is going to hurt him. If he wants to be the starting QB, he'll have to give up baseball. QB is a position that can't be mastered with half the reps.

Coach34
12-20-2020, 06:35 PM
Winston and Murray managed it pretty well.

With Sawyer not showing up until June or later- he will pretty much end up being a RS in 2021. I dont see any way he would be significantly better in 2021 than Rogers with his football intellect and year of experience- plus Spring practice.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 07:23 PM
Also adding the fact we lost our best defensive player on the first possession of the game and still more or less dominated them, yesterday was a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed watching both sides of the ball yesterday. I surely hope Leach uses the run going forwards.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 07:27 PM
My cousin graduated from Missouri. He called me last night and said he is sure glad they are not in the West. He thought for sure with us only having two wins they would run all over us.

Dogbone
12-20-2020, 07:34 PM
My cousin graduated from Missouri. He called me last night and said he is sure glad they are not in the West. He thought for sure with us only having two wins they would run all over us.

The muffed punt resulting in a td for us kind of set the stage for us and broke their momentum. Our running game opened up the whole field for Will to literally pick them a part, especially the 15 and 20 yarders he threw. Our defense player a heck of a game too.

CaptainObvious
12-20-2020, 08:28 PM
That Delay play got about 5 yards per play. I don?t know if that is called a Sprint Draw or Speed Draw in Leach?s Air Raid, but it was working yesterday.

Dawgology
12-20-2020, 08:55 PM

It?s going to be really odd because Will will be a...freshman...again...next year. He actually has five more years of eligibility I believe because of Covid.

Matt3467
12-20-2020, 09:05 PM
It?s going to be really odd because Will will be a...freshman...again...next year. He actually has five more years of eligibility I believe because of Covid.

Yea and I'm afraid that Will and Sawyer being equal in terms of eligibility won't be good for whoever doesn't get the starts.

Todd4State
12-20-2020, 09:10 PM

You're right. I think what Leach will do is play Will until 2023 and then let Sawyer or Greek take over their junior year and QB 24-25.

R2Dawg
12-20-2020, 09:31 PM
All of the folks who want to see Leach fail go back into hiding. T

Dumbest post of the year. No MSU fan is unhappy when we win. Dawgs celebrate every win.

Leach finally did what many of us have been harping on and the football experts as well - mix in the run for some balance. Amazing how much better we looked.

Dawgology
12-20-2020, 10:34 PM
You're right. I think what Leach will do is play Will until 2023 and then let Sawyer or Greek take over their junior year and QB 24-25.

Maybe so but does that mean Will leaves early for the NFL or gets yanked his senior season. That would be brutal. Regardless the competition will be good and fierce I’m sure.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-21-2020, 08:02 AM
Fire Cohen!

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:16 AM
That Delay play got about 5 yards per play. I don?t know if that is called a Sprint Draw or Speed Draw in Leach?s Air Raid, but it was working yesterday.

Its counter basically without the pullers

Bdawg
12-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Maybe so but does that mean Will leaves early for the NFL or gets yanked his senior season. That would be brutal. Regardless the competition will be good and fierce I’m sure.

With the transfer rules, I believe there will always be a QB leaving when they realize they won't ever be the starter or someone surpasses them. I don't blame them. I would want to play too.

If Will happens to get beat out, he will probably graduate early too by gaining that extra year of eligibility. May have 2 years to play as a graduate. Advantage for him.

Dogbone
12-21-2020, 12:24 PM
With the transfer rules, I believe there will always be a QB leaving when they realize they won't ever be the starter or someone surpasses them. I don't blame them. I would want to play too.

It will be an interesting summer and spring to see who comes out on top. Good competition and good depth.

Bdawg
12-21-2020, 12:27 PM
It will be an interesting summer and spring to see who comes out on top. Good competition and good depth.

I believe Sawyer is a lock for a RS if he can't make it here till late summer. But the next years will be interesting, just like most years now.

Jack Lambert
12-21-2020, 02:28 PM

If Will happens to get beat out, he will probably graduate early too by gaining that extra year of eligibility. May have 2 years to play as a graduate. Advantage for him.

My math might be wrong but in the last six years State has had at lest five 4star QB's transfer out.