PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 01:29 AM
Just scrolled thru the game thread. Some of you guys need a reality check. Critiquing Will like he's a senior - comparing him against Corral - "informing" us that he needs to hit the weight room - saying how "he better improve"- talking about how he better get serious before the next high school kid shows up.
Do you guys realize he was in high school this time last year? When was the last time MS State had a true freshman QB that had his leadership and accuracy as a true freshman? When? Name one? Some of you don't realize that this kid is making history right before our eyes. He's the real deal and some of you need to give the kid some grace. I hope he doesn't get on here and read some of your keyboard warrior comments. He needs time to mature, fill out his frame, learn the undermanned cast of characters around him, and adjust to SEC ball. I mean he has only played in SEC games. I honestly don't know any QB ever that didn't get some starts against little schools in their first year, much less starting as a freshman. And no I'm not friends with Bucky or Will.

BeardoMSU
12-20-2020, 01:45 AM
Well said.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 07:13 AM
Listen, no one is saying he's not a decent Qb. However, I get tired of a certain poster acting as if he's Peyton Manning and everyone that comes through a certain school are can't miss NFL prospects. Will better improve just like every position on the field or he'll be benched.

Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going. It's no coincidence Leach has recruited and signed four Qbs including two veterans. He wants better play from that position. He's definitely improved from his 1st game but we're still 2-4 in games he was the primary Qb.

He's a solid Qb with a bright future headed in the right direction if he keeps improving.

viverlibre
12-20-2020, 08:37 AM
Just scrolled thru the game thread. Some of you guys need a reality check. Critiquing Will like he's a senior - comparing him against Corral - "informing" us that he needs to hit the weight room - saying how "he better improve"- talking about how he better get serious before the next high school kid shows up.
Do you guys realize he was in high school this time last year? When was the last time MS State had a true freshman QB that had his leadership and accuracy as a true freshman? When? Name one? Some of you don't realize that this kid is making history right before our eyes. He's the real deal and some of you need to give the kid some grace. I hope he doesn't get on here and read some of your keyboard warrior comments. He needs time to mature, fill out his frame, learn the undermanned cast of characters around him, and adjust to SEC ball. I mean he has only played in SEC games. I honestly don't know any QB ever that didn't get some starts against little schools in their first year, much less starting as a freshman. And no I'm not friends with Bucky or Will.

Welcome, you must be new here. We have the absolute dumbest fans, at least those who post a lot on message boards and social media.

ZedFedder
12-20-2020, 08:52 AM
Very well said, Cowbell. I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 08:55 AM
Very well said, Cowbell. I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.

Thanks man. My brother, who played football at ole miss, thinks he is special.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Listen, no one is saying he's not a decent Qb. However, I get tired of a certain poster acting as if he's Peyton Manning and everyone that comes through a certain school are can't miss NFL prospects. Will better improve just like every position on the field or he'll be benched.

Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going. It's no coincidence Leach has recruited and signed four Qbs including two veterans. He wants better play from that position. He's definitely improved from his 1st game but we're still 2-4 in games he was the primary Qb.

He's a solid Qb with a bright future headed in the right direction if he keeps improving.

He's not making any more mistakes than any other true freshman qb that has ever had to start in this league. The difference is he is a natural leader and he is very accurate for his experience level and for what he has to work with. He has been running for his life In Those games that we lost as well. He shouldn't even be in this position, so you might back off him just a bit.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 09:08 AM
He's not making any more mistakes than any other true freshman qb that has ever had to start in this league. The difference is he is a natural leader and he is very accurate for his experience level and for what he has to work with. He has been running for his life In Those games that we lost as well. He shouldn't even be in this position, so you might back off him just a bit.

He's running for his life due to decisions. He's made better decisions and the sacks have gone down.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 09:08 AM

SEC QB is a pressure position. Part of the gig. He’s a better QB than your motives for writing this

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 09:10 AM
I have an OM friend who is very impressed with Rogers.

Seriously.... who gives a 17 what they think? Lol

SWC_MSU
12-20-2020, 09:10 AM
Welcome, you must be new here. We have the absolute dumbest fans, at least those who post a lot on message boards and social media.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 09:12 AM
Will Rogers is a good QB and decision maker. He just needs to increase his talent a little. His current talent level limits the offense a little. He’s like having a 10 HR guy hitting in the 3 hole of a MLB lineup

lastmajordog
12-20-2020, 09:12 AM
As I remember a fellow by the name of John Bond made plenty of freshman mistakes, throughout his career. And he was special.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-20-2020, 09:13 AM
Rogers is no Arch Manning. **

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 09:13 AM
As I remember a fellow by the name of John Bond made plenty of freshman mistakes, throughout his career. And he was special.

It’s not about mistakes. It’s about ability level

ZedFedder
12-20-2020, 09:23 AM
Seriously.... who gives a 17 what they think? Lol

Because he knows football very well. And usually he is a bit of a homer.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 09:27 AM
SEC QB is a pressure position. Part of the gig. He?s a better QB than your motives for writing this

You're right. It is a pressure position. Which is why you need to give the kid some grace and give him time to adjust to this game. You act like you are an NFL scout in game threads but you have two completely different takes on players within the same thread every week. My motives are to get you to back off and appreciate what we are watching and quit trying to be an internet expert. Nobody is sitting here waiting on your assessment of a player to determine what we have.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 09:31 AM
Will Rogers is a good QB and decision maker. He just needs to increase his talent a little. His current talent level limits the offense a little. He’s like having a 10 HR guy hitting in the 3 hole of a MLB lineup

You can stop after your first sentence. Good decision maker is rare to find in a sec qb who just went to prom

Bdawg
12-20-2020, 09:35 AM
Agree. But not sure if anyone is ripping him. Pointing out some deficiencies? Yes. I pointed out a few myself(staring down recovers and arm strength). But I also said he is a freshman and we haven't seen the finally product. If I can see it, I know Leach can and is going to coach him up and make him hit the weights. Also, I feel he must improve because we seem to be bringing in a legit QB and there is a possibility Rogers gets passed(not saying next year but possibly some time). I will also agree he is the best freshman QB I've seen us put on the field ever. He has improved and seems to be getting more comfortable with the offense. I hope his ceiling is high and I hope he was one checking to those running plays because they were working and that means he was seeing the field better and putting us in the right plays. Hail state.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 09:35 AM
You can stop after your first sentence. Good decision maker is rare to find in a sec qb who just went to prom

Is he a good decision maker or does he need to improve?

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 09:43 AM

I never said he was - that was our local talent evaluator. But you can be good at something and still need to improve FYI

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 09:46 AM
I can say he's a good quarterback while talking about things he needs to improve on. It's possible to do both.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 09:46 AM
Agree. But not sure if anyone is ripping him. Pointing out some deficiencies? Yes. I pointed out a few myself(staring down recovers and arm strength). But I also said he is a freshman and we haven't seen the finally product. If I can see it, I know Leach can and is going to coach him up and make him hit the weights. Also, I feel he must improve because we seem to be bringing in a legit QB and there is a possibility Rogers gets passed(not saying next year but possibly some time). I will also agree he is the best freshman QB I've seen us put on the field ever. He has improved and seems to be getting more comfortable with the offense. I hope his ceiling is high and I hope he was one checking to those running plays because they were working and that means he was seeing the field better and putting us in the right plays. Hail state.
Nothing wrong with pointing out deficiencies and I thing you take is spot on. But there have been quite a few threads this week including the game thread where people completely forget he is a freshman.

Todd4State
12-20-2020, 09:51 AM

About half of his interceptions are because Osiris wouldn't fight for a ball in the end zone.

Todd4State
12-20-2020, 09:54 AM
Will has been very impressive to me considering he is a freshman. He just needs to mature and continue to read defenses better and develop a deep passing game more. That will come in time.

People talking about how great Corral is- remember how he looked as a freshman in the Egg Bowl? Or last year? Compare that to now. Will I think will improve at a similar rate or better since he is better than Corral was as a freshman as far as running the team and decision making goes.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 09:57 AM
About half of his interceptions are because Osiris wouldn't fight for a ball in the end zone.

Stop it...lol. However, I agree all of the ints were not on him.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 10:00 AM
Will has been very impressive to me considering he is a freshman. He just needs to mature and continue to read defenses better and develop a deep passing game more. That will come in time.

People talking about how great Corral is- remember how he looked as a freshman in the Egg Bowl? Or last year? Compare that to now. Will I think will improve at a similar rate or better since he is better than Corral was as a freshman as far as running the team and decision making goes.

Corral looked good as a freshman. His passer rating was 184 as a freshman (very limited action), and it's 182 this year. He did dip down to 131 last year, which is in line with Rogers' 124 this year. Luke is an idiot for now sticking with corral last year.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 10:01 AM
Stop it...lol. However, I agree all of the ints were not on him.

If we playing what ifs, then you have to account for the dropped ints too

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 10:10 AM

Yep.

HailStateSZN19
12-20-2020, 10:47 AM

Not really. There’s a reason they playing DB and not WR lol. WR‘s supposed to catch the damn ball PERIOD. DB’s ain’t expected to catch like WR’s (even though it’s debatable we’ve had some DB’s in recent years who could catch better than our WR’s we’ve had). There’s an expectation for SEC WR’s to catch the ball when it hits them in the hands.

FISHDAWG
12-20-2020, 10:53 AM
Good post ... and NEVER forget that he won the position from a 5th year Senior who if I remember correctly was a 5 star qb

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:00 AM

Turning the ball over? He does that less than anyone in the conference?? He had 2 yesterday and one was a 50/50 ball to our best WR. Leach is taking QBs bc we have had 1 scholarship QB dress out for the majority of this season. Neither one of those veterans will be on scholarship either. Will is going to be. You lose.

@ me next time too unless you are scared to admit he already made you eat it this year

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:03 AM

Explain to me how someone increases their talent, and what exactly does that mean. Bc he had 2 ball slip out of his hand yesterday? He is going to break every record we have by a long way. If you cannot get behind this kid you can to get behind anyone

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:05 AM

Well considering his completion percentage is around 80 and at one point he had thrown the most completions and most attempts without a pick in the country I would say he is a good decision maker

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:07 AM
7 and 28 would not give him credit if he delivered Christmas presents and cooked a meal for the whole board. They would say he did not wrap them tight enough and the turkey was dry

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 11:10 AM
Explain to me how someone increases their talent, and what exactly does that mean. Bc he had 2 ball slip out of his hand yesterday? He is going to break every record we have by a long way. If you cannot get behind this kid you can to get behind anyone

Again, discussing things he needs to improve on doesn't equal not being behind him. I can't take anything you say about this subject seriously because you are so incredibly biased. And that's fine.

Will Rogers is a good QB. He needs to improve his arm strength in order to be a really good QB. I think he will do that.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 11:15 AM
7 and 28 would not give him credit if he delivered Christmas presents and cooked a meal for the whole board. They would say he did not wrap them tight enough and the turkey was dry

I think he's been solid, nothing spectacular. He's a true freshman though, so he can improve some or even a lot. He finished with a 124 passer rating, so that hardly anything to praise him over.

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 11:18 AM
Many of you guys are looking at stats too much and not enough at ability. Arm strength, speed, athleticism, strength.

While stats and decision making are important, talent raises your ceiling and allows for more room for error.

Talent determines what you can do and stats and decision making determine how likely you are to do it.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:19 AM
I think he's been solid, nothing spectacular. He's a true freshman though, so he can improve some or even a lot. He finished with a 124 passer rating, so that hardly anything to praise him over.

I was prolly to hard on you but you can take it.

Anyway I could give a shit about passer rating

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:19 AM
Many of you guys are looking at stats too much and not enough at ability. Arm strength, speed, athleticism, strength.

While stats and decision making are important, talent raises your ceiling and allows for more room for error.

Talent determines what you can do and stats and decision making determine how likely you are to do it.

Do you sit around and pretend you are Mel kiper

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Again, discussing things he needs to improve on doesn't equal not being behind him. I can't take anything you say about this subject seriously because you are so incredibly biased. And that's fine.

Will Rogers is a good QB. He needs to improve his arm strength in order to be a really good QB. I think he will do that.

I could care less what you take seriously. I know ball and I know State. Will is going to be the best passer in school history and it will not be close

ShotgunDawg
12-20-2020, 11:21 AM
Do you sit around and pretend you are Mel kiper

I judge our players against the standard or what it'll take to compete for the West rather than qualifying for mid tier bowl games.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:24 AM
I judge our players against the standard or what it'll take to compete for the West rather than qualifying for mid tier bowl games.

Well I hate to tell you but this team nor the next one are going to sniff the west bc we will still only have 2-3 decent WRs unless a freshmen makes a huge impact. And our secondary will have to make a huge jump. Peters Dean and Purvis will have to be ready for Bama

msstate7
12-20-2020, 11:24 AM
I was prolly to hard on you but you can take it.

Anyway I could give a shit about passer rating

Bucky, you should know by know I like these arguments haha

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 12:45 PM
Turning the ball over? He does that less than anyone in the conference?? He had 2 yesterday and one was a 50/50 ball to our best WR. Leach is taking QBs bc we have had 1 scholarship QB dress out for the majority of this season. Neither one of those veterans will be on scholarship either. Will is going to be. You lose.

@ me next time too unless you are scared to admit he already made you eat it this year

He has 7 tds and 6 ints. That's a turnover machine. He's playing like Bo Wallace right now pure schizophrenia. I really like the kid you however are a blind father. I understand he's your son but he'd better improve. All these excuses...50/50 ball, He doesn't have Ole Miss talent, etc. He should have gone where that wouldn't be a problem. I forgot, he couldn't. He'd better get better or he'll be on the bench next year.

What else you got Mr Rodgers?

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:49 PM
I could care less what you take seriously. I know ball and I know State. Will is going to be the best passer in school history and it will not be close

Cool. I could care less about what you claim to know. Your son is a good QB, Mr. Rogers.** I hope what you say about him turns out to be true. He needs to improve his arm strength or Sawyer has a chance to beat him out.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 12:51 PM

I like Will he's a solid Qb. However, your fatherly protection is funny to me. Keep bringing it.

Gutter Cobreh
12-20-2020, 01:02 PM
This thread appears to be getting a bit personal, so can someone please remind me of what Costello's stat line from yesterday was?

Just want to compare the 5th year SR to the true FR....

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 01:05 PM
This thread appears to be getting a bit personal, so can someone please remind me of what Costello's stat line from yesterday was?

Terrible

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 01:07 PM

Rogers is a better QB than Costello. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

I'm just messing with Bucky about being Will's dad, and I hope he knows that. He was posting here when Will was still an OM fan.

FISHDAWG
12-20-2020, 01:14 PM
It?s not about mistakes. It?s about ability level

Fishdawg and KJ Costello call bullshit on this

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 01:14 PM
If you are semi athletic but can throw the football, understand the offense, read defenses and make could decisions you can play QB in the NFL and diffidently play college football. To many successful QB in the NFL like that.

Gutter Cobreh
12-20-2020, 01:17 PM
Terrible

While you are correct that Costello played "terrible", still didn't see you post the stat line.

As a follow-up easier question, Brady Cook at Missouri was ranked a spot higher than Rogers in last year's class. Who played better yesterday?

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Fishdawg and KJ Costello call bullshit on this

I honestly don't know how Costello had as much success as he had in high school and Stanford. I get the defenses are slower out west, but his throwing motion is SLOWWW and he moves like he's got 50 lbs ankle weights on each leg. I'm convinced he got injured at some point early on this year and he just never recovered.

ShotgunDawg
If you are semi athletic but can throw the football, understand the offense, read defenses and make could decisions you can play QB in the NFL and diffidently play college football. To many successful QB in the NFL like that.

True, but you'll be beaten out by someone is more athletic & better at throwing the football along with the other things

ShotgunDawg
I honestly don't know how Costello had as much success as he had in high school and Stanford. I get the defenses are slower out west, but his throwing motion is SLOWWW and he moves like he's got 50 lbs ankle weights on each leg. I'm convinced he got injured at some point early on this year and he just never recovered.

I agree. Slow feet

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 01:24 PM
While you are correct that Costello played "terrible", still didn't see you post the stat line.

As a follow-up easier question, Brady Cook at Missouri was ranked a spot higher than Rogers in last year's class. Who played better yesterday?

Will did

msstate7
12-20-2020, 01:28 PM
Cook didn't play yesterday. He's only thrown 7 passes this year, but completed 6. He has a 219 passer rating. Why are you coming will and cook? Bazelak is the freshman starter

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-20-2020, 01:34 PM
He's running for his life due to decisions. He's made better decisions and the sacks have gone down.

Whether it's Will or anyone else, if you throw the ball 60+ times a game you are going to have increased interceptions. If only Keayton Thompson were here, am I right?

hp22
12-20-2020, 01:50 PM

Such an accurate statement in such a succinct manner. Well done.

dawgday166
12-20-2020, 01:51 PM

The whole team has been critiqued this year like they're all seniors and ... they're not.

Cowbell
12-20-2020, 02:26 PM
The whole team has been critiqued this year like they're all seniors and ... they're not.

I will agree with this. And every time coaches make a mistake somehow it's due to our players

Percho
12-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Your best post ever. Thanks.

RougeDawg
12-20-2020, 03:19 PM
Corral looked good as a freshman. His passer rating was 184 as a freshman (very limited action), and it's 182 this year. He did dip down to 131 last year, which is in line with Rogers' 124 this year. Luke is an idiot for now sticking with corral last year.

3-4 nfl receivers would make Michael Henig look good. All
Things considered, there is not much more I could or should expect from a true freshman QB against the best defenses in the land.

Next year should be much improved all around. The progress over the last 4-5 games may not have resulted in W?s, but watching the plays live, show that the players are starting to gel and get it. The difference from Kentucky/Ark to Auburn/Mizzou is night and day, with respect to cohesiveness. Early in the season we were in chicken with head cutoff mode. At the end of the season we were 6 month old puppy clumsy mode. If that makes sense.

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 08:34 AM
I agree. Slow feet

Mr slowfoot holds the SEC record for passing in a single game ... he has some ability but has made a LOT of very bad decisions

Jack Lambert
12-21-2020, 09:09 AM
True, but you'll be beaten out by someone is more athletic & better at throwing the football along with the other things

Brandy was never beaten out. I can bear crawl faster than he can run.

Johnson85
12-21-2020, 09:22 AM

He is an incredible decision maker for a true freshman. I suspect he will improve and turn out to be great at running this offense. He does have somebody coming behind him with physical abilities that my understanding is Will can't match, but there are a ton of QBs with all the arm talent in the world that can't make decisions, so I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Will is going to lose his starting position. We very well could have four more years of Will starting and playing at a high level even if he doesn't have an elite arm.

Johnson85
12-21-2020, 09:25 AM

^^^THIS^^^

Amazing the difference from week to week with Mitchell. Can't remember the last time we had a player with no reported work ethic or attitude problems just sort of lose focus and not play hard during games the way he does. Reminds me of watching youth sports where certain kids are pretty good but will periodically check out to kick grass or play in the dirt.

Johnson85
12-21-2020, 09:32 AM
He has 7 tds and 6 ints. That's a turnover machine. He's playing like Bo Wallace right now pure schizophrenia. I really like the kid you however are a blind father. I understand he's your son but he'd better improve. All these excuses...50/50 ball, He doesn't have Ole Miss talent, etc. He should have gone where that wouldn't be a problem. I forgot, he couldn't. He'd better get better or he'll be on the bench next year.

Every QB has wide receivers bail them out and leave them out to dry over time, and it tends to balance out over time, assuming the WRs are of reasonable quality. But if Mitchell is focused on two of those interceptions that is probably 9 TDs and 4 INTs. I don't think things have balanced out for Rogers this year and his stats look a lot worse because of a couple of particularly bad plays.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 09:39 AM

Idk what else to even say to you dude. I mean honestly you prove my point.

He made You eat shit since you called me out and you do not like it. Facts are not excuses just bc they prove you wrong.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 09:40 AM
Nobody is saying that he does not need to improve, we all do. But you are just full of absolute horse shit

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 09:42 AM
I like Will he's a solid Qb. However, your fatherly protection is funny to me. Keep bringing it.

No you said he would never make it and that he was my QB. Dont go back on it now hardo

msstate7
12-21-2020, 09:44 AM
Idk what else to even say to you dude. I mean honestly you prove my point.

He made You eat shit since you called me out and you do not like it. Facts are not excuses just bc they prove you wrong.

He was certainly better against mizzou than auburn, but he wasn't that great. His 136 passer rating vs mizzou was only better than vandy, South Carolina, and Kentucky. It was below mizzou's avg allowed, 144. It was a step in the right direction for sure though.

bulldawg28
12-21-2020, 09:53 AM
No you said he would never make it and that he was my QB. Dont go back on it now hardo

He's your son but he hasn't proven to be a winner in the SEC. His record speaks for itself. I think he can be a serviceable Qb but great, no. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings lol.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:04 AM
He's your son but he hasn't proven to be a winner in the SEC. His record speaks for itself. I think he can be a serviceable Qb but great, no. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings lol.

Hes not my son. Heres what he has proven, he has the single season passing record for a freshman in the history of the school, he has the highest completion percentage for a freshman in the history of the school, and he holds the single game egg bowl passing yards record. He has won 3 SEC games with the world stacked against him and 2 plays are keeping him from 5 wins. Eat shit my man

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:05 AM
He was certainly better against mizzou than auburn, but he wasn't that great. His 136 passer rating vs mizzou was only better than vandy, South Carolina, and Kentucky. It was below mizzou's avg allowed, 144. It was a step in the right direction for sure though.

We have already had this discussion

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:06 AM
Who gives a shit about passer rating

Non-relatives? Haha

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:07 AM
Non-relatives?

Just you. I wonder if yall watch the games or do you spend the whole game on here

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:08 AM
Bucky, serious question... if leach goes with another qb next season, will you still support leach? I know if I were as attached to a player as much as you are with Will, I'd be salty.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:09 AM
Bc if you do actually watch the games you can tell he has done nothing but give us a shot in every game since Bama. With 2 decent WRs no running game like yall claim and a bad OL. But please go on with your moneyball bullshit

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:10 AM
Bucky, serious question... if leach goes with another qb next season, will you still support leach? I know if I were as attached to a player as much as you are with Will, I'd be salty.

Absolutely I will. The best one will play.

Thats the difference in me and you I want to win. And Will gives us a shot at that. If he does get beat out which I would say Is not likely at all then whoever it is is a badass

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:15 AM
Bc if you do actually watch the games you can tell he has done nothing but give us a shot in every game since Bama. With 2 decent WRs no running game like yall claim and a bad OL. But please go on with your moneyball bullshit

What did he do vs auburn to give us a shot? He avg 4.3 yds/pass and a passer rating below 95, which are the worst vs auburn all year by a lot

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 10:17 AM
Absolutely I will. The best one will play.

Thats the difference in me and you I want to win. And Will gives us a shot at that. If he does get beat out which I would say Is not likely at all then whoever it is is a badass

MSU is in a great position because Will is a good QB.

While I think Sawyer will eventually start, I'd be shocked if Leach started him next year. From listening to Leach & reading his book, he absolutely HATES playing freshmen in general & freshmen QB even more. I can't imagine he's start a freshman next year almost under any circumstances when he has a good one in Will

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 10:18 AM
What did he do vs auburn to give us a shot? He avg 4.3 yds/pass and a passer rating below 95, which are the worst vs auburn all year by a lot

Hard to put the Auburn game on Will. The OL & WRs didn't play well at all.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:19 AM

Well we were in the game till late in the 4th. Missed FG, and our WRs took the ass whipping of all ass whippings. Mitchell is to blame for the pick on their sideline. The other you can put on will for the sake of your argument.
The defense played well till late. If KJ is the QB the game is over at half time. If Corrall is Qb he turns it over way more than twice.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Hard to put the Auburn game on Will. The OL & WRs didn't play well at all.

He's in a unique, great position. When he performs well it seems to be all him on this board. When he performs not well, it's the supporting cast.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:20 AM
Well we were in the game till late in the 4th. Missed FG, and our WRs took the ass whipping of all ass whippings. Mitchell is to blame for the pick on their sideline. The other you can put on will for the sake of your argument.
The defense played well till late. If KJ is the QB the game is over at half time. If Corrall is Qb he turns it over way more than twice.

Will > corral, huh? Clown

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:21 AM
MSU is in a great position because Will is a good QB.

While I think Sawyer will eventually start, I'd be shocked if Leach started him next year. From listening to Leach & reading his book, he absolutely HATES playing freshmen in general & freshmen QB even more. I can't imagine he's start a freshman next year almost under any circumstances when he has a good one in Will

Im gonna level it for you, one of them will transfer from State in all likelihood before its over. and I can promise you this, you will need an army to make number 2 quit

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:21 AM

Dickhead

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:22 AM
Dickhead

Well you just proved you can't be objective about Will. Corral is freaking really good. Will could be one day, but corral is now

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:23 AM

Hey money ball Matt corral was 16-27 for 154 and 2 picks vs Auburn. I cant recall if he fumbled or not but those odds are high.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:24 AM
Hey money ball Matt corral was 16-27 for 154 and 2 picks vs Auburn. I cant recall if he fumbled or not but those odds are high.

Now go game by game. You forgot the 10 rushes 88 yds 2 td vs auburn

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:25 AM
Now go game by game.

Well one has way more starts, and better skill players more experience, ya know every advantage he could have over the other one.

All Will has done is break records. All yall have done is bitch

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Now go game by game. You forgot the 10 rushes 88 yds 2 td vs auburn

Corral is a better runner than Will. He also does not play for Mike leach either tho so congrats I guess? Nobody is arguing will can run like corral

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:26 AM
Delete

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 10:27 AM
He's in a unique, great position. When he performs well it seems to be all him on this board. When he performs not well, it's the supporting cast.

Which brings me to what I believe is Will's biggest weakness, he's just not a play maker.

Will is a good QB. He can run the offense, make good decisions, & make accurate throws, but when things break down around him, he's done. There is no "X button" or tool that allows him to take things into his own hands & make a play.

If & when Sawyer beats him out, that's going to be the reason why

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:29 AM
Which brings me to what I believe is Will's biggest weakness, he's just not a play maker.

Will a good QB. He can run the offense, make good decisions, & make accurate throws, but when things break down around him, he's done. There is no "X button" or tool that allows him to take things into his own hands & make a play.

If & when Sawyer beats him out, that's going to be the reason why

Will has made lots of plays scrambling this year. Hell yall praised him for it. Yall all bitched to high heaven when KJ would never run and said Will does it better. I cannot wait to see the Robertson kid, he must be Vick combined with Favre

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:29 AM
Corral is a better runner than Will. He also does not play for Mike leach either tho so congrats I guess? Nobody is arguing will can run like corral

I think will will be a better decision maker in his career, but he will never have the ceiling corral does. Corral is much more physically gifted throwing and running. The good news is you can win games in college with good decision makers

Johnson85
12-21-2020, 10:30 AM

Corral is so bad when he's bad though. And he's had the benefit of great WRs. I think he may be a faster version of Jevan SNead. A really good college QB with NFL wide receivers and a pretty average QB with an average supporting cast.

That may not be fair; I haven't seen him a ton and even when he's had awful games, the offense still puts up points. But 6 turnovers or whatever he had is eye popping. And the ones I saw were his fault. THey weren't flukes.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 10:31 AM
Will has made lots of plays scrambling this year. Hell yall praised him for it. Yall all bitched to high heaven when KJ would never run and said Will does it better. I cannot wait to see the Robertson kid, he must be Vick combined with Favre

Hey man, we're just talking players & you're making this personal. Will is good & he's made some plays with his feet this year, but so has most every other QB in the country. Just calling like I see it. I really like Will.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:31 AM
I think will will be a better decision maker in his career, but he will never have the ceiling corral does. Corral is much more physically gifted throwing and running. The good news is you can win games in college with good decision makers

And comparing the two right now to when Corral was a freshman will is way ahead.

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:32 AM
Hey man, we're just talking players & you're making this personal. Will is good & he's made some plays with his feet this year, but so has most every other QB in the country. Just calling like I see it. I really like Will.

Im not making in personal im holding yall accountable for what yall have said. Kinda like yall do the kids. Which is 100 percent fair and I am a ring leader of as well.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 10:35 AM
Im not making in personal im holding yall accountable for what yall have said. Kinda like yall do the kids. Which is 100 percent fair and I am a ring leader of as well.

Ok. I like Will & believe he's a good QB. I'd like to have someone more athletic, with more playmaking ability, at that position so long as they also possess the accuracy & decision making ability at Will. Perhaps that player only exists in the NFL. IDK but we'll all find out together

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:37 AM
Corral is so bad when he's bad though. And he's had the benefit of great WRs. I think he may be a faster version of Jevan SNead. A really good college QB with NFL wide receivers and a pretty average QB with an average supporting cast.

That may not be fair; I haven't seen him a ton and even when he's had awful games, the offense still puts up points. But 6 turnovers or whatever he had is eye popping. And the ones I saw were his fault. THey weren't flukes.

Despite that...
4th nationally in qbr
8th nationally in passer rating

Will...
54th in qbr
82nd in passer rating

We really trying to compare these 2?

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 10:38 AM
Well you just proved you can't be objective about Will. Corral is freaking really good. Will could be one day, but corral is now

you're 17'n badgering him just for the sake of hearing yourself ... Will is the best QB we have right now and he's showed it on the field ... Could he be better, of course - just like any freshman could. I don't know why you are giving Will a bunch of shit - would you rather play Costello ? I'm not his daddy or a relative or even a friend - but I can see what kind of player he is and I see a pretty DAMN GOOD athlete. Who are you expecting - Another Dan Marino ?

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:39 AM
Ok. I like Will & believe he's a good QB. I'd like to have someone more athletic, with more playmaking ability, at that position so long as they also possess the accuracy & decision making ability at Will. Perhaps that player only exists in the NFL. IDK but we'll all find out together

The great part is mine nor your opinion makes a dam. Leachs does

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:40 AM
Despite that...
4th nationally in qbr

Will...
54th in qbr
82nd in passer rating

Corral has a full team and better skill guys. So are we really trying to compare these 2?

BuckyIsAB****
12-21-2020, 10:41 AM
Oh and despite that Will has broken records and won 3 SEC games should have been 5. There is no argument here

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:41 AM
you're 17'n badgering him just for the sake of hearing yourself ... Will is the best QB we have right now and he's showed it on the field ... Could he be better, of course - just like any freshman could. I don't know why you are giving Will a bunch of shit - would you rather play Costello ? I'm not his daddy or a relative or even a friend - but I can see what kind of player he is and I see a pretty DAMN GOOD athlete. Who are you expecting - Another Dan Marino ?

Never called for Will to be replaced this season. I do think Sawyer will replace him at some point though bc he's more physically talented. We need a difference maker at qb in this offense to win, not just a really solid game manager.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 10:44 AM

Small sample size. Only 22 pass attempts and he went 10/10 against ULM. Against the only SEC competition his rating was absysmal- I think it was 50 something.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 10:45 AM
And comparing the two right now to when Corral was a freshman will is way ahead.

This is true. And pretty exciting.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Small sample size. Only 22 pass attempts and he went 10/10 against ULM. Against the only SEC competition his rating was absysmal- I think it was 50 something.

Yep. I will say his primary action in 2018 was vs us, and we were freaking great on D. Here's his stats vs us...

5/8 65 yds 0 td 1 int

Not good. He was put in to as bad a situation as you could imagine with our defense and no 1st team reps in practice

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 10:51 AM

Maybe not... but Will's win percentage as a freshman is very close to the same percentage as Corral's as a Junior with better receivers

msstate7
12-21-2020, 10:53 AM
Maybe not... but Will's win percentage as a freshman is very close to the same percentage as Corral's as a Junior with better receivers

Do defenses factor in to winning %?

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 11:07 AM
Never called for Will to be replaced this season. I do think Sawyer will replace him at some point though bc he's more physically talented. We need a difference maker at qb in this offense to win, not just a really solid game manager.

you don't know this for fact - it's pure speculation at this point because of what you have read here on this board and we all know this entire board has been way wrong before ... I hope Sawyer is everything he's been made out to be here but we still just don't know. - What we do know is we have a pretty good QB right now and that's not speculative ... It's just not practical for speculation to trump fact. There are several factors that go into the make-up of a good QB like decision making, leadership, and yes talent. Do we know for fact yet if Sawyer possesses these traits as well ? I don't think anyone here (even Bucky) is advocating Will for the Heisman but he's def a good QB and I'm glad to have him ... who knows, after Sawyer gets here we may be glad we have Rogers or we might feel Sawyer is light years ahead - IDK, but at this point in time it's impossible to tell

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:08 AM
I am excited to see Rogers and this offense face Tulsa. Tulsa is 22nd in pass defense and 21st in passer rating defense. I'm sure those stats are inflated since P5 teams had to face P5 teams, but I do think this is a good opportunity for our offense to face a decent pass defense.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:09 AM
you don't know this for fact - it's pure speculation at this point because of what you have read here on this board and we all know this entire board has been way wrong before ... I hope Sawyer is everything he's been made out to be here but we still just don't know. - What we do know is we have a pretty good QB right now and that's not speculative ... It's just not practical for speculation to trump fact. There are several factors that go into the make-up of a good QB like decision making, leadership, and yes talent. Do we know for fact yet if Sawyer possesses these traits as well ? I don't think anyone here (even Bucky) is advocating Will for the Heisman but he's def a good QB and I'm glad to have him ... who knows, after Sawyer gets here we may be glad we have Rogers or we might feel Sawyer is light years ahead - IDK, but at this point in time it's impossible to tell

I don't think it's guessing at all. If Sawyer doesn't pan out, it'll be mechanics or mental. He has the physical ability, thus the high recruiting rankings. Now sure, will certainly could end up being the better qb.

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 11:12 AM
I don't think it's guessing at all. If Sawyer doesn't pan out, it'll be mechanics or mental. He has the physical ability, thus the high recruiting rankings.

just like Garret Schrader did

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:14 AM
just like Garret Schrader did

Shrader was a good qb for a Moorhead offense. He wasn't for a leach offense. Will and Sawyer are leach offense guys

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 11:16 AM
Yep. I will say his primary action in 2018 was vs us, and we were freaking great on D. Here's his stats vs us...

5/8 65 yds 0 td 1 int

Not good. He was put in to as bad a situation as you could imagine with our defense and no 1st team reps in practice

Basically Will right now is where Corral was in Corral's second year of college. And he won't have games where he has seven turnovers. I think you are overvaluing Corral and undervaluing Rogers because our situation has been less than ideal than the one Corral was in during the 2018 Egg Bowl.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:17 AM
Shrader's passer rating and qbr were both better than Will's this season.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 11:20 AM
Basically Will right now is where Corral was in Corral's second year of college. And he won't have games where he has seven turnovers. I think you are overvaluing Corral and undervaluing Rogers because our situation has been less than ideal than the one Corral was in during the 2018 Egg Bowl.

Fair enough. I don't think will will have the huge games like corral has had this year either though (5 games with 200+ passer rating).

Bdawg
12-21-2020, 11:21 AM
Despite that...
4th nationally in qbr

Will...
54th in qbr
82nd in passer rating

I agree with both sides in this argument, but when comparing the 2 using stats, supporting cast matters. Our OL has been worse than OM at times and our our WR corp doesn't stack up to OMs right now. With the eyeball test, Corral is more talented and I give him the nod as the better QB. I also believe if Will improves physically, he could surpass Corral as the "better QB" because of his decision making and hopefully we have more playmakers on the team in the future too.

Coach34
12-21-2020, 11:29 AM
Few people hate OM more than I do- that being said:

Corral has had a helluva season and the OM offense set records. And they did it without getting some weak OOC's to beat up on. Our offense was mostly garbage this season.

Bdawg
12-21-2020, 11:41 AM

Corral has had a helluva season and the OM offense set records. And they did it without getting some weak OOC's to beat up on. Our offense was mostly garbage this season.

It was but OM was definitely more setup to run an offense for Kiffen than we were for Leach.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 11:44 AM

Corral is an awesome talent. Can do so many things

Wait and see what that offense is with Almyer or Dent running it & you'll see how talented Corral is.

KOdawg1
12-21-2020, 11:56 AM
Corral is an awesome talent. Can do so many things

Wait and see what that offense is with Almyer or Dent running it & you'll see how talented Corral is.
Agree. Altmyer actually reminds me a lot of Will. A little undersized, not the greatest arm, but is pretty accurate, makes good decisions, and has enough mobility to extend plays.

Altmyer won't be able to make the same plays Corral makes in that offense though.

bulldawg28
12-21-2020, 12:06 PM
Hes not my son. Heres what he has proven, he has the single season passing record for a freshman in the history of the school, he has the highest completion percentage for a freshman in the history of the school, and he holds the single game egg bowl passing yards record. He has won 3 SEC games with the world stacked against him and 2 plays are keeping him from 5 wins. Eat shit my man

All of those records and the ONLY one that matters are win and losses. He's losing dad.

Todd4State
12-21-2020, 12:16 PM
Fair enough. I don't think will will have the huge games like corral has had this year either though (5 games with 200+ passer rating).

Maybe but I wouldn't be surprised if Will puts up numbers like that once he develops his deep passing game more and as we continue to add talent and master the offense.

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 12:17 PM
All of those records and the ONLY one that matters are win and losses. He's losing dad.

and are those all on Will ? I keep reading here how the O-line sucks, how the coach sucks, how the rest of the surrounding cast is young and in-experienced, how we are nowhere near the roster now than before the season .... Vegas had us for the Under of 3 wins before the season even started. I get that you're just poking Bucky but if you've played ball yourself then you know the deal ... serious question - do you agree or disagree that Rogers is or will be a good QB for us ? Or are you saying he just isn't that good and will be only average at best ?

Matt3467
12-21-2020, 12:19 PM
I don't think it's guessing at all. If Sawyer doesn't pan out, it'll be mechanics or mental. He has the physical ability, thus the high recruiting rankings. Now sure, will certainly could end up being the better qb.

Same argument could be made for Costello. Costello has the tools to be an NFL starter but mentally something isn't right.

Dogbone
12-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Same argument could be made for Costello. Costello has the tools to be an NFL starter but mentally something isn't right.

It seems like 'all of a sudden' the game is too fast for him.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 12:28 PM
Agree. Altmyer actually reminds me a lot of Will. A little undersized, not the greatest arm, but is pretty accurate, makes good decisions, and has enough mobility to extend plays.

Altmyer won't be able to make the same plays Corral makes in that offense though.

Altmyer is a better athlete than Will & I'm not certain on how he compares accuracy wise.

What we don't know about Almyer that we know Will has is: Will will stand in the pocket, with pressure bearing down on him, & deliver a strike to any part of the field. We've found out that Bo Nix cannot do this & we don't know if Altmyer can

Cowbell
12-21-2020, 01:00 PM
This all day

Cowbell
12-21-2020, 01:05 PM
We need to pin this thread. Some of you guys are gonna realize y'all can't see the future even when we are living in it.

KOdawg1
12-21-2020, 01:25 PM
Altmyer is a better athlete than Will & I'm not certain on how he compares accuracy wise.

What we don't know about Almyer that we know Will has is: Will will stand in the pocket, with pressure bearing down on him, & deliver a strike to any part of the field. We've found out that Bo Nix cannot do this & we don't know if Altmyer can
Altmyer is not a better athlete than Will Mel

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 01:27 PM
Altmyer is not a better athlete than Will Mel

yes he is. Much faster & a stronger frame.

You need to go to the school of "Mel" if you don't think this is true.

Doesn't mean Will isn't a better QB though

KOdawg1
12-21-2020, 01:36 PM

Nope. He may be a little faster but what you said about the frame is completely false.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 01:39 PM
Nope. He may be a little faster but what you said about the frame is completely false.

Almyer is clearly stronger with a more compact, durable buid

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/e3voecdtdjogumy68bfw
https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net/sidearm.sites/msstate.sidearmsports.com/images/2020/11/20/20201031_FB_at_Alabama_Rogers_AP_08403.jpg

Lord McBuckethead
12-21-2020, 01:42 PM

He is better than Bo Nix at the same stage of his career. Playing against better competition, and without spring and an actual fall ball, with less skillfull WRs.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 01:44 PM
He is better than Bo Nix at the same stage of his career. Playing against better competition, and without spring and an actual fall ball, with less skillfull WRs.

100% agree, but Bo Nix sucks. Honestly, Bo Nix has a better chance at playing the NFL as a safety or RB than a QB.

thf24
12-21-2020, 01:52 PM
100% agree, but Bo Nix sucks. Honestly, Bo Nix has a better chance at playing the NFL as a safety or RB than a QB.

I wonder how Nix was overrated so badly. A legitimate 5-star QB in good health with a season of meaningful game reps should be lighting it up, no excuses.

FISHDAWG
12-21-2020, 01:55 PM
Nick James was as big and strong as most state D-linemen but I'm not sure if he ever started. Tim Tebow was big and strong but couldn't cut it in the NFL against smaller weaker QB's .... Maybe Altmyer is larger and stronger but that doesn't always translate into actual play

KOdawg1
12-21-2020, 01:57 PM

LOL what? Sometimes you argue yourself into a corner and you don't know how to get out of it, so you just keep arguing away just for the sake of arguing. They're both similar heights, with similar weights, and there's very little difference in their frame.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 01:58 PM
Qbr likes nix ok. They have him at #35. Be interesting to see how the next coach does with nix. Seems nix's issues throwing are all mechanics. I think he'd be pretty dang if say, Mullen had him.

thf24
12-21-2020, 02:10 PM
Qbr likes nix ok. They have him at #35. Be interesting to see how the next coach does with nix. Seems nix's issues throwing are all mechanics. I think he'd be pretty dang if say, Mullen had him.

He's far from awful, but I don't think it's a stretch to say he's very underwhelming as a former 5-star second year starter. I think it's a red flag in particular that he hasn't shown noticeable improvement from year 1 to 2.

ShotgunDawg
12-21-2020, 02:12 PM

Nix doesn't keep his eyes downfield. He drops his head & runs around

msstate7
12-21-2020, 02:16 PM
He's far from awful, but I don't think it's a stretch to say he's very underwhelming as a former 5-star second year starter. I think it's a red flag in particular that he hasn't shown noticeable improvement from year 1 to 2.

He was overrated. A true 5-star shouldn't need to coached up as much as nix needs to be. I think he's a true 4-star Bc of raw ability, but it is raw

msstate7
12-21-2020, 02:18 PM
Nix doesn't keep his eyes downfield. He drops his head & runs around

I think his biggest issue is not setting his feet on throws. When he does, he makes some impressive throws. He just doesn't do it as often as should

maroonmania
12-21-2020, 02:48 PM

We also already know that he is much better running this offense as a true freshman than a graduate transfer pocket passer from Stanford with multiple years playing at the P5 level with better physical tools. That ought to say something very positive about Rogers right there.

Homedawg
12-21-2020, 02:53 PM

NO. NO. They are almost identical in build and athleticism. Luke might have a stronger arm but minimally. I do think Will is the better leader of the two.

Homedawg
12-21-2020, 02:54 PM

You need to go to the school of "Mel" if you don't think this is true.

Doesn't mean Will isn't a better QB though

just not true... I've seen them both play in hs multiple times. Luke for 4 years. I don't know what you saw on tape, but it's not accurate.

bulldawg28
12-21-2020, 03:00 PM
and are those all on Will ? I keep reading here how the O-line sucks, how the coach sucks, how the rest of the surrounding cast is young and in-experienced, how we are nowhere near the roster now than before the season .... Vegas had us for the Under of 3 wins before the season even started. I get that you're just poking Bucky but if you've played ball yourself then you know the deal ... serious question - do you agree or disagree that Rogers is or will be a good QB for us ? Or are you saying he just isn't that good and will be only average at best ?

I've said it several times I think Will is a really good Qb. I'm just not willing to praise him for wins then blame others if we lose. He's not above the team.

msstate7
12-21-2020, 03:02 PM
I've said it several times I think Will is a really good Qb. I'm just not willing to praise him for wins then blame others if we lose. He's not above the team.

Haha... this does seem to be the case.

bulldawg28
12-21-2020, 03:55 PM
Haha... this does seem to be the case.

Every lose is on the OL, WR, Coach Leach, etc

ShotgunDawg
12-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Tom Luganbill compared Matt Corral to Pat Mahomes this morning.

Just thought I'd drop that

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:03 AM

https://images.rivals.com/image/upload/f_auto,q_auto,t_large/e3voecdtdjogumy68bfw
https://dbukjj6eu5tsf.cloudfront.net/sidearm.sites/msstate.sidearmsports.com/images/2020/11/20/20201031_FB_at_Alabama_Rogers_AP_08403.jpg

Shotgun ho Lee shite dude.

You are trying too hard

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:05 AM

Nobody has ever said that. You are pulling shit out of your ass to make you look better.

Again he has proved you wrong and you are mad. Its ok.

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:08 AM
7 I cannot believe you posted comparing Shraders ability to throw the ball against Wills. Watch either one of them throw one pass and tell me which one you would rather have?

Not to run the algebra 2 Moorhead offense or the addition and subtraction Mullen offense ran while he was here. Our current offense

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:11 AM
And Im 99 percent sure that 28 was the same cat who argued with me for hours about how it was not our safeties fault and how we are plenty talented enough. Then to only turn around and bitch saying we dont have a SEC safety on the roster.

Before that he was quoted saying Vanderbilt had less guys out than we did even tho we were below the threshold to play them at the time. But yet here we are again. Like I said, Im just holding yall accountable.

StarkVegasSteve
12-22-2020, 11:14 AM
Tom Luganbill compared Matt Corral to Pat Mahomes this morning.

Just thought I'd drop that

They're arm strength is similar and they move in the pocket the same. That's where the similarities end. Mahomes, even at TT had way more accuracy than Corral could dream of having. And when Corral abandons the pocket he's looking to run whereas when Mahomes did at TT, just as he does now, his eyes are constantly scanning all over the field. I get that Corral has a lot of upside, and he always has, but I'd probably compare him more to a Nic Shimonek when he was at Tech.

Luginbill doesn't have many bad takes, but man this is a BAD one.

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:15 AM
just not true... I've seen them both play in hs multiple times. Luke for 4 years. I don't know what you saw on tape, but it's not accurate.

The only time he has watched Will play is at State when he was ready to give up on him after one throw at Bama, he has never watched Altmeyer (who State did not want) or Robertson live.

I have coached against Altmeyer and in my opinion he was kinda carried by that team. Starkville is far and away more talented than us but we have beaten them every time we have played. Altmeyer got knocked out and his dad pitched a fit after the game. No disrespect just facts

BuckyIsAB****
12-22-2020, 11:16 AM
To be fair to shotgun it would be really difficult for him to watch Robertson

MedDawg
12-22-2020, 11:33 AM
Good post ... and NEVER forget that he won the position from a 5th year Senior who if I remember correctly was a 5 star qb

That was Ta'amu, not Corral.

msstate7
12-22-2020, 11:41 AM
7 I cannot believe you posted comparing Shraders ability to throw the ball against Wills. Watch either one of them throw one pass and tell me which one you would rather have?

Not to run the algebra 2 Moorhead offense or the addition and subtraction Mullen offense ran while he was here. Our current offense

Just posted their stats. The windows are most likely bigger for shrader bc he's a huge threat to run.

bulldawg28
12-22-2020, 11:44 AM
And Im 99 percent sure that 28 was the same cat who argued with me for hours about how it was not our safeties fault and how we are plenty talented enough. Then to only turn around and bitch saying we dont have a SEC safety on the roster.

Before that he was quoted saying Vanderbilt had less guys out than we did even tho we were below the threshold to play them at the time. But yet here we are again. Like I said, Im just holding yall accountable.

You ignorant man. You said we didn't have an SEC safety. I called you out for being wrong like always. Find where I changed that stance. Don't talk about accountability when you're the biggest blind cheerleader on the board regarding your son Will. I hope he doesn't turn out to be like you. Maybe he got his skills and mentality from his mom because you're a bona-fide lost cause.

msstate7
12-22-2020, 11:51 AM
They're arm strength is similar and they move in the pocket the same. That's where the similarities end. Mahomes, even at TT had way more accuracy than Corral could dream of having. And when Corral abandons the pocket he's looking to run whereas when Mahomes did at TT, just as he does now, his eyes are constantly scanning all over the field. I get that Corral has a lot of upside, and he always has, but I'd probably compare him more to a Nic Shimonek when he was at Tech.

Luginbill doesn't have many bad takes, but man this is a BAD one.

I never like comparing a college player to the best in the world, but I will just post Mahomes' last year in college stats vs corral's this year...

PM vs MC...
Comp %: 65.7, 71.3
Yds/att: 8.5, 10.6
Td/game: 3.4, 3.0
Int/game: 0.8, 1.6
Passer rating: 157, 182
Rushing yds/att: 2.2, 4.7
Rushing td/game: 1.0, 0.4

I used yds/att, td/game, int/game, etc bc of the difference in games played. Corral faced a tougher schedule. Take this FWIW, I don't think corral is the next Mahomes, but I didn't think Mahomes would be Mahomes.

bulldawg28
12-22-2020, 11:53 AM
The only time he has watched Will play is at State when he was ready to give up on him after one throw at Bama, he has never watched Altmeyer (who State did not want) or Robertson live.

I have coached against Altmeyer and in my opinion he was kinda carried by that team. Starkville is far and away more talented than us but we have beaten them every time we have played. Altmeyer got knocked out and his dad pitched a fit after the game. No disrespect just facts

You played them 1 time. Stop acting like Brandon is a better team than Starkville and you beat them regularly.

Homedawg
12-22-2020, 12:36 PM

That was a shot to the head, so I get it why his dad was mad.

Homedawg
12-22-2020, 12:40 PM
You played them 1 time. Stop acting like Brandon is a better team than Starkville and you beat them regularly.

BHS was good but shs did get screwed on a QB sneak that was ruled as a fumble. But the fumble occurred after luke had crossed the goal line. I was standing at the endzone and had a great view. Not to take anything away from Brandon that night. It was a good game. Altmeyer is a good QB, we shall see how good he is at the next level.

FISHDAWG
12-22-2020, 12:46 PM
That was Ta'amu, not Corral.

I was referring to KJ Costello

Cowbell
12-22-2020, 01:25 PM
Well this thread has sure gotten interesting lol

bulldawg28
12-23-2020, 07:19 AM
Hey Bucky, your boy didn't make all Freshman SEC. I guess you were the only person impressed with all of those records. However, we had some other positions that you bashed make it. I guess you still keep losing arguments. That sucks bro.

StarkVegasSteve
12-23-2020, 08:34 AM
God I love our fanbase. The pettiness is honestly unmatched.

bulldawg28
12-23-2020, 08:48 AM

I'm being very petty this morning. This is all about Bucky and his ego.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
12-23-2020, 09:23 AM
I'm being very petty this morning. This is all about Bucky and his ego.

Thank goodness someone is holding him accountable. We all have someone close who is a starting freshman QB in the SEC. I don't think the board or the university would survive without your bravery and determination to be the worst poster on this board.

maroonmania
12-23-2020, 09:34 AM

Yep, gotta love these MSU fans who don't mind running down a current MSU player so they can supposedly win an argument or boost internet cred. We are our own worst enemy most of the time.

msstate7
12-23-2020, 10:18 AM
Thank goodness someone is holding him accountable. We all have someone close who is a starting freshman QB in the SEC. I don't think the board or the university would survive without your bravery and determination to be the worst poster on this board.

I have no problem with being a fan boy of particular players... we all do it. Bucky loves all rankin co players though, so this isn't isolated. Mingo was gonna be another aj and metcalf. Bucky always pimping rankin co players, and again, I have no problem with... he isn't rational when it comes to rankin co players though. And that's fine too.

bulldawg28
12-23-2020, 10:40 AM

You're welcome. When you've given as much as I have to the university let me know. "Am I right?

bulldawg28
12-23-2020, 10:41 AM
Yep, gotta love these MSU fans who don't mind running down a current MSU player so they can supposedly win an argument or boost internet cred. We are our own worst enemy most of the time.

No one is running down a current player.

MedDawg
12-23-2020, 04:10 PM
I was referring to KJ Costello

Heh, oh. Damn this thread view, I can't ever tell who is responding to whom if the quote isn't included.

BiscuitEater
12-23-2020, 05:44 PM
Turning the ball over as frequent as he does will keep a Qb controversy going.

BS. Kid's had 7 int's in over 315 throws, over half of which hit WRs in the hands!

Homedawg
12-23-2020, 06:00 PM
BS. Kid's had 7 int's in over 315 throws, over half of which hit WRs in the hands!

I like will and thin he's going to be a good qb but if every thrown that hit the other team in the hands had been picked he'd have 15. .... nobody ever remembers those. Missouri had there hands on 2/3 I know.

Turfdawg67
12-23-2020, 06:32 PM
No one is running down a current player.

Will is a current player and yes you were. Our fans are truly pathetic.

BuckyIsAB****
12-23-2020, 06:38 PM

We have played them twice and won both times. Played them in a jamboree and beat them when they had Willie Gay. That was before Will but not before you made the all time worst poster team for ED

BuckyIsAB****
12-23-2020, 06:39 PM

He is mad at me at this point, which is fine. My point has been proven every time his quote MY QB runs out on the field.

BuckyIsAB****
12-23-2020, 06:41 PM
You ignorant man. You said we didn't have an SEC safety. I called you out for being wrong like always. Find where I changed that stance. Don't talk about accountability when you're the biggest blind cheerleader on the board regarding your son Will. I hope he doesn't turn out to be like you. Maybe he got his skills and mentality from his mom because you're a bona-fide lost cause.

If I cared enough I would go pull the thread but I just dont. No hard feelings but Im done with this fight

BuckyIsAB****
12-23-2020, 06:45 PM
I have no problem with being a fan boy of particular players... we all do it. Bucky loves all rankin co players though, so this isn't isolated. Mingo was gonna be another aj and metcalf. Bucky always pimping rankin co players, and again, I have no problem with... he isn't rational when it comes to rankin co players though. And that's fine too.

Well he would be the best X/Z WR we have. By far. Not his fault they wont give him the ball.

If he got the targets 5 for us gets he would be our leading WR

KOdawg1
12-23-2020, 11:10 PM
Well he would be the best X/Z WR we have. By far. Not his fault they wont give him the ball.

If he got the targets 5 for us gets he would be our leading WR
Mingo and Dannis Jackson were overrated. They'll both be recruited over soon.

RiverDawg
12-23-2020, 11:55 PM
Y’all have beat this dead horse to death

1. Most importantly...If Bucky is WR’s dad, grow up and get off message boards. This board can be tough and probably not where you need to be. Do it for your kid. He is talented and has a future.

2. WR does need to get the glue off his feet. I’m sure it will come with time.

3. Don’t compare any school with Brandon. It is the most narcissistic and nepotistic school in MS. You are either a super star athlete, the child of a RCSD employee, or the child of some fat ass mom that spends all day at the school polishing someone’s balls. There is more talent in the stands than on the field. This includes all sports and etc. The kids are through playing politics and have given a big old finger to the establishment. Academics are last.

Cowbell
12-24-2020, 01:48 AM
Y?all have beat this dead horse to death

1. Most importantly...If Bucky is WR?s dad, grow up and get off message boards. This board can be tough and probably not where you need to be. Do it for your kid. He is talented and has a future.

2. WR does need to get the glue off his feet. I?m sure it will come with time.

3. Don?t compare any school with Brandon. It is the most narcissistic and nepotistic school in MS. You are either a super star athlete, the child of a RCSD employee, or the child of some fat ass mom that spends all day at the school polishing someone?s balls. There is more talent in the stands than on the field. This includes all sports and etc. The kids are through playing politics and have given a big old finger to the establishment. Academics are last.

If you know so much about Brandon HS, you would know that Bucky is not Wills dad. 90% of this board knows that. Which makes this post pointless.

bulldawg28
12-24-2020, 02:34 AM
Will is a current player and yes you were. Our fans are truly pathetic.

Reading is fundamental so is playing Qb.

bulldawg28
12-24-2020, 02:38 AM
We have played them twice and won both times. Played them in a jamboree and beat them when they had Willie Gay. That was before Will but not before you made the all time worst poster team for ED

Are you really counting a jamboree which is a glorified practice and starters play maybe two quarters a win? That is one of the craziest things I've read. But hey you've got to take them however you can get them huh? When Brandon starts winning championships like Starkville let me know.

RiverDawg
12-24-2020, 09:34 AM
If you could read, you would know the meaning of the word “IF”. Go back to being a keyboard warrior and having a pointless, insignificant life. Merry Christmas, Lil Feller.