PDA

View Full Version : 4 Best Teams

PGHBulldogBG
12-20-2020, 12:19 AM
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Coastal Carolina. Will the CFB committee pick the 4 best or the 4 teams they think get the best ratings

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:23 AM
They'll pick the same 4 teams that they do every year.

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Swap Oklahoma with ND some years, and once every now and then, Oregon or USC has a chance to slip in, but that's about it.

Quaoarsking
12-20-2020, 12:58 AM
Coastal Carolina is obviously disciplined and mentally strong, but it's optimistic to think they'd have a winning record in the SEC, much less be the 2nd best team in the conference behind Alabama.

Texas A&M or Notre Dame will get that 4th spot and half the country or more will be mad no matter what. Using a subjective committee is a disaster. Better to have the spots determined totally objectively like the pros do.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 08:26 AM
aTm or ND would smoke coastal

msstate7
12-20-2020, 08:29 AM
In a weird year, where games are changed and canceled, why not announce today that aTm and ND will play next Saturday as a play in to face Bama?

Dogbone
12-20-2020, 08:34 AM
In a weird year, where games are changed and canceled, why not announce today that aTm and ND will play next Saturday as a play in to face Bama?

Because that would make sense.

TUSK
12-20-2020, 12:58 PM
Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, Coastal Carolina. Will the CFB committee pick the 4 best or the 4 teams they think get the best ratings

https://youtu.be/rsRjQDrDnY8

MetEdDawg
12-20-2020, 01:08 PM
I've been an opponent to an 8 team playoff. But I'm ready for it to get the blue blood bullshit out of it. 5 P5 conference champions, highest ranked G5 team, 2 highest ranked at large teams.

Seed them 1-8 and play the games. Done.

That to me is the fairest way to get all college football teams a chance while also still trying to keep the best teams in the playoffs.

So this year it would be:

Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Cincinnati
Texas A&M

That is an entirely fair setup in my opinion.

tcdog70
12-20-2020, 01:10 PM
When your conference closes to only play 6 games—then you shouldn’t be allowed to play for the National Championship. Some play 11 and Ohio St only plays 6 -bogus bullshit is what it is.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 01:11 PM

That could be done and probably have some really high ratings. The question is how many are going to turn on to watch Bama Roll ND?

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 01:11 PM
When your conference closes to only play 6 games—then you shouldn’t be allowed to play for the National Championship. Some play 11 and Ohio St only plays 6 -bogus bullshit is what it is.

I think only three of the teams they played had winning records.

maroonmania
12-20-2020, 03:37 PM
They'll pick the same 4 teams that they do every year.

Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and Notre Dame. Swap Oklahoma with ND some years, and once every now and then, Oregon or USC has a chance to slip in, but that's about it.

Yep, they can almost just let the CFP committee pick the 4 teams before the season starts and save themselves the trouble. College football right now is such a joke.

Quaoarsking
12-20-2020, 03:43 PM
I've been an opponent to an 8 team playoff. But I'm ready for it to get the blue blood bullshit out of it. 5 P5 conference champions, highest ranked G5 team, 2 highest ranked at large teams.

Seed them 1-8 and play the games. Done.

That to me is the fairest way to get all college football teams a chance while also still trying to keep the best teams in the playoffs.

So this year it would be:

Alabama
Clemson
Oklahoma
Oregon
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Cincinnati
Texas A&M

That is an entirely fair setup in my opinion.

It's so obvious that this should be done. There would be very little controversy in most years, and even if there was, when teams are arguing between 8/9 aren't really going to be egregiously bad examples of a team getting hosed. Any team left out of this format has no one to blame but themselves.