PDA

View Full Version : 7-4

preachermatt83
12-19-2020, 11:16 PM
That would be our record right now without the covid all sec schedule. Trust the process. The more non team players Leach gets rid of the better we are getting. His offense is getting its footing. Look at everywhere he?s been. First two years are rough. After that, it gets rolling. Relax and enjoy the ride. Btw, we have so many freshmen contributing it?s insane. We are gonna be legit as the years rolls!! #HailState #HailPirate

Dogbone
12-19-2020, 11:18 PM
That would be our record right now without the covid all sec schedule. Trust the process. The more non team players Leach gets rid of the better we are getting. His offense is getting its footing. Look at everywhere he?s been. First two years are rough. After that, it gets rolling. Relax and enjoy the ride. Btw, we have so many freshmen contributing it?s insane. We are gonna be legit as the years rolls!! #HailState #HailPirate

I totally agree!!

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 11:22 PM

I think we get going on offense next year. Too many flashes this year to not put it together next year

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 11:23 PM
Based on his track record I don't see why some of our fans aren't being patient. It's not like he took over MSU 2018.

DEDawg
12-19-2020, 11:23 PM

Good perspective. I don't believe Leach is ever going to have us winning 9-10 consistently but think he'll get us back to Dan. Disciplined team that wins 7-8 ever year with a .500 SEC record and maybe a shot at 2nd in the west every 3 years. Really best you can hope for at State with how the NCAA and CFB is set up

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 11:26 PM
I think we get going on offense next year. Too many flashes this year to not put it together next year

I think with the guys we are bringing in like Abraham and the JUCO linemen we'll have a lot more competition and the culture is now in place.

A little more concerned about defense and replacing people and finding pieces there to be honest. We still have time and spots in the class to use on transfers with the portal.

Statecoachingblows**
12-19-2020, 11:28 PM
He didn't inherit the 85 bears***

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 11:29 PM
Good perspective. I don't believe Leach is ever going to have us winning 9-10 consistently but think he'll get us back to Dan. Disciplined team that wins 7-8 ever year with a .500 SEC record and maybe a shot at 2nd in the west every 3 years. Really best you can hope for at State with how the NCAA and CFB is set up

I think we will get back to where we were under Dan but with more upsets which would put us in the 9-10 range essentially.

I think the culture was starting to deteriorate under Dan- I mean he lost a game this year because a guy threw a shoe. You think that happens under a disciplinarian? Recruiting suffered. It all happen because Dan wanted out around 2015. Joe put it over the top.

msstate7
12-19-2020, 11:39 PM
What are you basing this on? We've only beat 2 teams that were on our original schedule, mizzou and LSU

Quaoarsking
12-20-2020, 12:01 AM
What are you basing this on? We've only beat 2 teams that were on our original schedule, mizzou and LSU

Arkansas is probably a team we beat 7-8 times out of 10 at home, especially with a Spring practice under our belt. We were fairly unlucky to lose it even as is. Add in at least 3 non-conference wins, probably 4 with NC State, and that gets us to 7-5 (3-5).

For that matter, holding a team to 157 yards means you almost always win, so it's easy to see a lot of scenarios of us beating Kentucky. I believe that one was originally scheduled for November.

Cooterpoot
12-20-2020, 12:04 AM
NC State was no gimme

Quaoarsking
12-20-2020, 12:12 AM
NC State was no gimme

No, but neither were Missouri and LSU, or even Vanderbilt, as we found out.

TimberBeast
12-20-2020, 12:16 AM

It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.

Quaoarsking
12-20-2020, 12:27 AM
It?s amazing. And LSU would have killed us if they played different defensively.

Can't you say that about every game ever played? "The losing team could have won if they'd just played differently!"

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:33 AM
We would've lost to NC State. That game was early. It took us 6 games to get the offense going (aside from the LSU game)

DEDawg
12-20-2020, 12:52 AM
I think we will get back to where we were under Dan but with more upsets which would put us in the 9-10 range essentially.

I think the culture was starting to deteriorate under Dan- I mean he lost a game this year because a guy threw a shoe. You think that happens under a disciplinarian? Recruiting suffered. It all happen because Dan wanted out around 2015. Joe put it over the top.

Yeah I do. At the end of the day an 18 year old caught up in the emotion of a great play in a big game can do something stupid. Don?t think that?s on Dan.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2020, 12:58 AM
NC State was no gimme

We would not have won that game.

Liverpooldawg
12-20-2020, 01:00 AM

I don't think we do. We did it under Dan with out a gimmick offense. WE did it as a legit SEC team. We hired a gimmick. We ARE a gimmick now.

TimberBeast
12-20-2020, 01:36 AM
Can't you say that about every game ever played? "The losing team could have won if they'd just played differently!"

Probably so, good job on the steal. Reminds me of an ole miss fan.

Dogbone
12-20-2020, 08:21 AM
I don't think we do. We did it under Dan with out a gimmick offense. WE did it as a legit SEC team. We hired a gimmick. We ARE a gimmick now.

I don't think so. Sounds like we hired a coach that you don't like and will never like. Once he gets his guys we will be a legit SEC team.

Irondawg
12-20-2020, 08:36 AM
Well if we had gotten even a C game from our QBs against Ark and KY we are probably 5-5 right now and I think we would have all been extremely pleased with that.

We use yesterday’s play calling and we might have beaten OM

So we were pretty close to 6-4 despite all the adversity we had this year with QB play, all our starting safeties going down, our best offensive player basically playing 1 game and then kicking off a fair amount of guys

BrunswickDawg
12-20-2020, 08:37 AM

Dan had a gimmick offense here. Very few teams ran a spread option that centered on the QB running the ball as much as we did. So much so that Dan couldn't figure out how to win with the best pure passer he had (Russell).

R2Dawg
12-20-2020, 08:44 AM
Based on his track record I don't see why some of our fans aren't being patient. It's not like he took over MSU 2018.

I don't see any one being impatient. Making comments like every other football expert is not being a bad fan. Some of you need to stop being so thin skinned. All MSU fans want MSU to win. Just didn't see the need to implode this year like we did. We got at least 3 years, we'll wait and see.

Mjoelner34
12-20-2020, 10:54 AM
We would've lost to NC State. That game was early. It took us 6 games to get the offense going (aside from the LSU game)

If we would have played NC State, that would have meant we had a full spring and summer to implement the offense so you can't compare the offensive execution (pun intended) early this season with playing NC State early in the season. With a full spring and summer, I think we would have been anywhere from 7-4 to 5-6 which is the range about 90% of the people on here predicted pre-covid back in the January/Februrary time frame.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:28 AM

LSU has given up like 5 games of 600 yards. Give this dead horse a break

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 11:41 AM
If we would have played NC State, that would have meant we had a full spring and summer to implement the offense so you can't compare the offensive execution (pun intended) early this season with playing NC State early in the season. With a full spring and summer, I think we would have been anywhere from 7-4 to 5-6 which is the range about 90% of the people on here predicted pre-covid back in the January/Februrary time frame.

I still predict it would've taken a while to get the offense going. As has been the case in the first year of every place Leach has been.

Mjoelner34
12-20-2020, 11:52 AM
I still predict it would've taken a while to get the offense going. As has been the case in the first year of every place Leach has been.

I can definitely agree with that. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't have looked as putrid as it did against UK and Arky if we would have had a spring and summer. And that, along with our D, may have made a difference against NC State.

tcdog70
12-20-2020, 12:11 PM
A bigger factor is # 3 never setting foot on the field. Will would have had a full spring and started day 1. If Will had played from the start we might have won 2 more games this year.

KOdawg1
12-20-2020, 12:15 PM
I can definitely agree with that. All I'm saying is that it wouldn't have looked as putrid as it did against UK and Arky if we would have had a spring and summer. And that, along with our D, may have made a difference against NC State.

Yeah, I can agree with that.

RezDog7
12-21-2020, 11:54 AM

You mean like they played against OM Saturday?