PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling Mullen is

AlSwearengen
12-19-2020, 09:32 PM
Going to be DC shopping after this game. Florida has shown no signs of slowing Alabama down.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 09:47 PM
You're right. Their DC is killing them. Grantham just gave up a score running a prevent defense.

Really Clark?
12-19-2020, 09:47 PM
Who has slowed Bama down this year?

CaptainObvious
12-19-2020, 09:48 PM
They better not send Loafers sniffing around Starkville!

TimberBeast
12-19-2020, 10:03 PM
Bad clock management cost mullen again. He always refused to run the clock and it bit him in the ass. That was great.

AlSwearengen
12-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Bad clock management cost mullen again. He always refused to run the clock and it bit him in the ass. That was great.

Yeah, I don’t think he has ever taken the clock into consideration. It used to stand out to me when he was at State.

BayouDawg
12-19-2020, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I don’t think he has ever taken the clock into consideration. It used to stand out to me when he was at State.

Did you hear his response to the question about it? Basically confirms your theory that he does not consider the time.

Travelingdawg
12-19-2020, 10:18 PM
Ole Dan cost a game at Kentucky in 2016 with his clock management!

PGHBulldogBG
12-19-2020, 10:21 PM
Mullen is a good coach, but he has flaws. I will always respect what he did for State and he will have Florida tops in the East most years but l can?t see him winning anything while Saban is there. He is not Meyer Saban or Dabo level good

Dogbone
12-19-2020, 10:29 PM
Mullen is a good coach, but he has flaws. I will always respect what he did for State and he will have Florida tops in the East most years but l can?t see him winning anything while Saban is there. He is not Meyer Saban or Dabo level good

I've often wondered how good Saban, Meyer and Dabo would be without the best players in college football.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-19-2020, 10:51 PM
I've often wondered how good Saban, Meyer and Dabo would be without the best players in college football.

Good enough. That?s for certain

CaptainObvious
12-19-2020, 11:00 PM

Well we will never know, because as long as Dabo and Nick are coaching they will have the best players. Oh i O is right there with them. Then it drops off a little then a lot.

Really Clark?
12-19-2020, 11:10 PM

Well we know what Saban did at Michigan St, and other than his last year their, he was very very average.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 11:10 PM
They better not send Loafers sniffing around Starkville!

Derek Mason

PGHBulldogBG
12-19-2020, 11:12 PM
I will say, I think Tom Osborne was the best coach because he won titles with not the best players, but Saban, Dabo and Meyer would still be in the top 7 in regards to coaching too. Meyer didn?t have top talent at Utah and has great teams. Saban had to rebuild LSU

Lord McBuckethead
12-19-2020, 11:13 PM
Well we know what Saban did at Michigan St, and other than his last year their, he was very very average.

Exactly. Meyer was good, because he had Mullen. Mullen doesn't have a Mullen working all the offense for him. Give him 3 more years, he will get UF in the playoffs. Saban will be gone too. Mark it.

Edited to add, Saban is getting old.

Lord McBuckethead
12-19-2020, 11:16 PM
Holy crap. Called a holding on bama.

Tbonewannabe
12-19-2020, 11:43 PM
Saban in the NFL proves he is a good coach but only great when he has the best players. Recruiting is as important as anything else in college. I will say Saban and Dabo have a way of having great players come together as a team. Not all recruiters can do that.

Lord McBuckethead
12-20-2020, 01:23 AM
Saban in the NFL proves he is a good coach but only great when he has the best players. Recruiting is as important as anything else in college. I will say Saban and Dabo have a way of having great players come together as a team. Not all recruiters can do that.

Agreed. Nothing works to become great, unless you can get all 85 buying in to a common work standard and goal.

Schultzy
12-20-2020, 08:55 AM
Saban gave access to a writer who wrote a book on him; this conversation w/ the AD on the flight from Miami to Tuscaloosa:

Saban: Do you think you hired a great football coach?

AD: Yes.

Saban: No, you didn’t; you hired a great recruiter.

lastmajordog
12-20-2020, 09:19 AM
Who has slowed Bama down this year?

If i remember the DOGS held them to 35 till last couple of minutes in the game.....

Tbonewannabe
12-20-2020, 09:22 AM
If i remember the DOGS held them to 35 till last couple of minutes in the game.....
They only broke 35 because of a pick six. The offense didn't score.

lastmajordog
12-20-2020, 09:23 AM
I will say, I think Tom Osborne was the best coach because he won titles with not the best players, but Saban, Dabo and Meyer would still be in the top 7 in regards to coaching too. Meyer didn?t have top talent at Utah and has great teams. Saban had to rebuild LSU

Tom Osborn DID have great players for the time.....epecially RB.....Off and Def Lineman..........but maybe I just don’t remember very well.

TUSK
12-20-2020, 01:19 PM

huh? 'Braska was LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (talent-wise) when Osborne was there....

Commercecomet24
12-20-2020, 01:40 PM
huh? 'Braska was LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (talent-wise) when Osborne was there....

Yeah they were. Their ols and dls were full of nfl talent and they were loaded with speed players at skill positions.

dawgday166
12-20-2020, 01:49 PM

IMO ... Leach (historically) and Mullen are 2 best coaches that do the most with the least. Saban just outrecruits everyone and when that don't work ... boosters pay off the refs **

sandwolf
12-20-2020, 04:02 PM

When he took over at Michigan State, they were dealing with NCAA sanctions/on probation, and he took them to the Orange Bowl in what, year 4 or so? He did a really good job there.....definitely better than average.

Really Clark?
12-20-2020, 06:23 PM
When he took over at Michigan State, they were dealing with NCAA sanctions/on probation, and he took them to the Orange Bowl in what, year 4 or so? He did a really good job there.....definitely better than average.

Eh. They were a 5-6 win team prior to Saban and he stayed the same until his final year. It was a good year, they went to the Citrus Bowl his 5th year, but if he had stayed around 6 wins that year Michigan State was looking to make a change. They were not sold on him long term. The sanctions came down after he had coached a season although they had already self imposed some of it his first year. 4 years probation and 9 scholarships in total lost (they had already self imposed 2 scholarships prior so they had to deal with just 7 lost). They received no postseason or television ban. Dantonio had much much better success than Saban ever did at Michigan State, and it was 7 years after Saban left when he took over a program in worse shape.

Jack Lambert
12-20-2020, 07:32 PM
Mullen is a three-four guy. Last two DC's run 3-4.