PDA

View Full Version : Some observations

KOdawg1
12-19-2020, 08:03 PM
Much needed win today and a great way to end the regular season. Let's see where we go bowling, and get another week or two of practices. Some thoughts about today:

-This was an offense that can make it in this conference. I've preached over and over the last weeks that the reason coaches from the Leach tree have gone on to be successful is because they added the presence of a run game to the air raid. That's what we did today. We got a solid push up front and our backs did a good job of breaking tackles and getting solid yards after contact.

Marks- 12 carries, 70 yards, 5.8 ypc
Johnson- 8 carries, 47 yards, 5.9 ypc
Witherspoon- 3 carries, 26 yards, 8.7 ypc

Will also had some good scrambles as well. If you get close to this rushing production every game, we'll be tough to stop especially with all the freshmen that we have that will only get better.

-Forbes is going to be an All-SEC corner. This year of experience is huge for him.

-ONLY 3 check downs to our RBs. Thank you Jesus. Will saw the field better today. Kudos to the O-Line for making that happen.

-While it was nice to see the offense get going, if you take away the muffed punt by Mizzou and the pick 6, we only win 37-32. Mizzou got some cheap scores. Will had some costly turnovers, so he'll need to clean that up. I think people forget that he's a freshmen and will only get better. I think Shotgun said it best when he said Will is a good football player and an OK talent. He needs to improve his arm strength this offseason, but I expect him to take several steps forward as a QB this off-season.

-Throwing the ball with KJ at the end was dumb as hell.

-We won. Ole Miss lost. It was a good day.

Hail State.

Dogbone
12-19-2020, 08:14 PM
Much needed win today and a great way to end the regular season. Let's see where we go bowling, and get another week or two of practices. Some thoughts about today:

-This was an offense that can make it in this conference. I've preached over and over the last weeks that the reason coaches from the Leach tree have gone on to be successful is because they added the presence of a run game to the air raid. That's what we did today. We got a solid push up front and our backs did a good job of breaking tackles and getting solid yards after contact.

Marks- 12 carries, 70 yards, 5.8 ypc
Johnson- 8 carries, 47 yards, 5.9 ypc
Witherspoon- 3 carries, 26 yards, 8.7 ypc

Will also had some good scrambles as well. If you get close to this rushing production every game, we'll be tough to stop especially with all the freshmen that we have that will only get better.

-Forbes is going to be an All-SEC corner. This year of experience is huge for him.

-ONLY 3 check downs to our RBs. Thank you Jesus. Will saw the field better today. Kudos to the O-Line for making that happen.

-While it was nice to see the offense get going, if you take away the muffed punt by Mizzou and the pick 6, we only win 37-32. Mizzou got some cheap scores. Will had some costly turnovers, so he'll need to clean that up. I think people forget that he's a freshmen and will only get better. I think Shotgun said it best when he said Will is a good football player and an OK talent. He needs to improve his arm strength this offseason, but I expect him to take several steps forward as a QB this off-season.

-Throwing the ball with KJ at the end was dumb as hell.

-We won. Ole Miss lost. It was a good day.

Hail State.

Good post and you are exactly right. The running game opened up the entire field for our offense. Good day!!