PDA

View Full Version : Quick Thoughts: Better...

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 07:11 PM
I think I'm more passionate and have more to say when we lose than when we win, but here are some thoughts

1. The effort level this year was great. In a tough year both on and off the field, this team played hard and tough. That alone is the biggest sign of the culture change that has taken place.

2. Offensive line gets an A+ today. If this is a sign of how we'll pass protect against G5 & lower level SEC teams in the future, then we're going to be pretty good & set ourselves to for at least 7-8 win seasons on a consistent basis. This offense is hard to stop when they can't get pressure.

3. Tremendous job running the ball today, but I am curious as to why we just started doing it today? Was it something that Mizzou's defense did? Was it our OL dominating? Was it just the play calling by Leach? Did Leach sand bag the season in an effort to force the passing game & change the DNA of the offense? All questions I'm pondering but I have no good answer.

4. Rogers played OK today. His numbers were really good, but, when comparing him to others in our division, he's just got to get stronger, more athletic, & add a little thump to his passes over the off season. Will Rogers is a really good QB & just an OK talent. So over the off season, he needs to increase both his talent and skill.

5. I am drooling at the possibility of Tulu, Walley, & Knox in the same offense. Two games in a row, Tulu has burned the defender deep. It hasn't paid off yet, but we all see the potential. Add Knox, who is just as fast & little more polished than Tulu to the other side, along with Walley in the middle, & and safeties are going to have a real issue with our offense. We've simply never had the type of speed at WR that we'll field next year. It's going to open the middle of the field

6. Osirus the Virus played his best game in his career today IMO. He showed more fight, effort, & desire than I've ever seen out of him. If this is the Osirus we get, then by all means I hope he comes back next year. Seems like the coaches got in his ass this week.

7. The young RBs are better than I thought when given the opportunity to run the ball between the tacks. Marks really has to add 5-10 lbs of lower half strength in the off season to break arm tackles

8. I give the defense a B today. Great game by Forbes, but we've got to get better at safety. We're painfully unathletic back there. We got a chance to be good next year, but that position has to get better if we're going to compete for 8 or more wins. tough break losing Errol early but we got to see Boogie play MLB, like he'll have to next year. I didn't really notice him, so he must've been ok.

9. Overall, I think we've come a long way this year. Going from a team that couldn't move the ball vs the 3-8 to a team that showed it could move the ball vs zone & now demands that defenses mix up their coverage. We're on our way & making progress. Compared to the better teams in the West, we've just got to continue to add talent & speed. We're signicantly slower than OM, LSU, Bama, A&M, & Auburn on offense and at safety. We're bringing in some good speed, but need to continue to add to it. We've got to play faster!

10. Let's go to the bowl & game & finish strong. This program is on the rise & we're only going to get better. Don't forget that we're the youngest team in America.

TNDawg35
12-19-2020, 07:17 PM
Our defense got our head chopped off on the first series and we still played good. No one can complain about the defense at all this yr. (Not saying you are.... yet.... haha! J/k)

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 07:22 PM
Our defense got our head chopped off on the first series and we still played good. No one can complain about the defense at all this yr. (Not saying you are.... yet.... haha! J/k)

Not complaining, but there's a ceiling of what Arnett can do unless we add some talent

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 07:36 PM
In the end, OM ended up with 1 more win than MSU & that's due to MSU playing with 47 people

Dogbone
12-19-2020, 07:37 PM
151 yards rushing! Who would have thought? Just enough to keep Mizzu off balance.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 07:39 PM
Your favorite QB at ole miss just turned it over 7 times in one game. Let me know when Will does that

Statecoachingblows**
12-19-2020, 07:44 PM
We won and those bastards lost, good day!https://i.postimg.cc/Kv6gbfLm/2-FC181-E2-1116-4989-A161-0-B4300-CA5247.gif

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-19-2020, 07:45 PM
It?s obvious if state can run the ball successfully, at least some, the air raid is in turn successful

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 07:49 PM
Your favorite QB at ole miss just turned it over 7 times in one game. Let me know when Will does that

He's a play maker. They also scored a boat load of point due to his talent.

dawgday166
12-19-2020, 08:23 PM
I think I'm more passionate and have more to say when we lose than when we win, but here are some thoughts

1. The effort level this year was great. In a tough year both on and off the field, this team played hard and tough. That alone is the biggest sign of the culture change that has taken place.

2. Offensive line gets an A+ today. If this is a sign of how we'll pass protect against G5 & lower level SEC teams in the future, then we're going to be pretty good & set ourselves to for at least 7-8 win seasons on a consistent basis. This offense is hard to stop when they can't get pressure.

3. Tremendous job running the ball today, but I am curious as to why we just started doing it today? Was it something that Mizzou's defense did? Was it our OL dominating? Was it just the play calling by Leach? Did Leach sand bag the season in an effort to force the passing game & change the DNA of the offense? All questions I'm pondering but I have no good answer.

4. Rogers played OK today. His numbers were really good, but, when comparing him to others in our division, he's just got to get stronger, more athletic, & add a little thump to his passes over the off season. Will Rogers is a really good QB & just an OK talent. So over the off season, he needs to increase both his talent and skill.

5. I am drooling at the possibility of Tulu, Walley, & Knox in the same offense. Two games in a row, Tulu has burned the defender deep. It hasn't paid off yet, but we all see the potential. Add Knox, who is just as fast & little more polished than Tulu to the other side, along with Walley in the middle, & and safeties are going to have a real issue with our offense. We've simply never had the type of speed at WR that we'll field next year. It's going to open the middle of the field

6. Osirus the Virus played his best game in his career today IMO. He showed more fight, effort, & desire than I've ever seen out of him. If this is the Osirus we get, then by all means I hope he comes back next year. Seems like the coaches got in his ass this week.

7. The young RBs are better than I thought when given the opportunity to run the ball between the tacks. Marks really has to add 5-10 lbs of lower half strength in the off season to break arm tackles

8. I give the defense a B today. Great game by Forbes, but we've got to get better at safety. We're painfully unathletic back there. We got a chance to be good next year, but that position has to get better if we're going to compete for 8 or more wins. tough break losing Errol early but we got to see Boogie play MLB, like he'll have to next year. I didn't really notice him, so he must've been ok.

9. Overall, I think we've come a long way this year. Going from a team that couldn't move the ball vs the 3-8 to a team that showed it could move the ball vs zone & now demands that defenses mix up their coverage. We're on our way & making progress. Compared to the better teams in the West, we've just got to continue to add talent & speed. We're signicantly slower than OM, LSU, Bama, A&M, & Auburn on offense and at safety. We're bringing in some good speed, but need to continue to add to it. We've got to play faster!

10. Let's go to the bowl & game & finish strong. This program is on the rise & we're only going to get better. Don't forget that we're the youngest team in America.

I can feel it. Gonna win 10 next year ain't we?

msstate7
12-19-2020, 08:26 PM
Didn't read it all. I'm happy with the performance today. Good win

R2Dawg
12-19-2020, 08:45 PM
Good must needed win. A few thoughts.

1. We can run the ball. Why did it take 10 games? This showed today what a little balance could do for our team. Leach must work the running game into his O. He does and we can compete.

2. Mizzou didn't really do the 3-8 and we made them pay. I still want to see Leach beat a 3-8 because that is what we are gonna see.

3. I don't want to hear about we need WR talent. We have enough talent to compete and win. That hasn't been the problem. And that is with Payton disappearing.

4. This D is resilient. They have played shorthanded, played guys 3 deep all over the field and they keep performing. Speaking of Watson did a pretty good job after Thompson went out. How about our DBs? They have talent. Emerson and Forbes make a pretty good bookend corners.

5. Our kicker is good. Hope we can let him win a few for us.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 09:02 PM

No. Not enough explosive offensive offensive players or good enough on the OL

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 09:04 PM

1. We can run the ball. Why did it take 10 games? This showed today what a little balance could do for our team. Leach must work the running game into his O. He does and we can compete.

2. Mizzou didn't really do the 3-8 and we made them pay. I still want to see Leach beat a 3-8 because that is what we are gonna see.

3. I don't want to hear about we need WR talent. We have enough talent to compete and win. That hasn't been the problem. And that is with Payton disappearing.

4. This D is resilient. They have played shorthanded, played guys 3 deep all over the field and they keep performing. Speaking of Watson did a pretty good job after Thompson went out. How about our DBs? They have talent. Emerson and Forbes make a pretty good bookend corners.

I'm watching Florida & Bama right now & can tell our WR isn't good. Walley & Tulu are talented enough but that's about it

thf24
12-19-2020, 09:14 PM

They couldn't because our OL has gotten this thing down to the point that they couldn't get pressure rushing three. Earlier in the season when we didn't even have all five linemen getting a hand on someone, anyone could shut us down rushing three. That list gets much smaller just by establishing some base competency.

Not only that, but no one can rush three drop eight if we're running the ball like we did tonight, regardless of whether or not they can generate a pass rush.

BrunswickDawg
12-19-2020, 09:32 PM

1. We can run the ball. Why did it take 10 games? This showed today what a little balance could do for our team. Leach must work the running game into his O. He does and we can compete

If you have read much about Leach's system you know he relies on the QB to make the call. His plays have run options, but the QB has to audible to them based on the defense he sees. Our QBs didn't know the offense well enough to know when to call the run. Will started to pull it all together tonight. If we play in a bowl I think you see similar results going forward and into next season. Tonight was the first actual Leach Air Raid we've seen this season.

dawgday166
12-19-2020, 09:34 PM
No. Not enough explosive offensive offensive players or good enough on the OL

LOL ... I figure by next year you'll have yourself talked into 10 wins. ***

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 09:50 PM

Are you saying Will is better than Corral? Because he's not.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 09:54 PM
He's a play maker. They also scored a boat load of point due to his talent.

Oh ok haha

Bdawg
12-19-2020, 09:54 PM

I'm sorry but we do more talent at WR. Walley is a stud though. Tulu gained experience. The rest can be upgraded

confucius say
12-19-2020, 09:55 PM

Corral did the same against ark. He has like 20 turnovers this year.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 09:56 PM
Are you saying Will is better than Corral? Because he's not.

He will never turn it over 7 times. He has the egg bowl passing yardage record as a freshman. The other has way better WRs and never played with under 50 players. Will did that 5 weeks in a row. One is a leader and one has a track record. I would take 10 wills before 1 corral. If you would not you are dumb.

He already made you eat crow this year I would stop while I am ahead if I were you

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 09:59 PM
Corral did the same against ark. He has like 20 turnovers this year.

Rogers wont have 20 turnovers in the next 4 years

confucius say
12-19-2020, 10:00 PM
For those trying to figure it out, it is easier to run the ball against man with all defenders' back to the line of scrimmage. Mizzou played a ton of man today. It's tough to run the ball against an 8 man zone with all defenders' eyes in the backfield, reading run and flying up.

bulldawg28
He will never turn it over 7 times. He has the egg bowl passing yardage record as a freshman. The other has way better WRs and never played with under 50 players. Will did that 5 weeks in a row. One is a leader and one has a track record. I would take 10 wills before 1 corral. If you would not you are dumb.

He already made you eat crow this year I would stop while I am ahead if I were you

He's your high school darling. However, he's not the player Corral is. If Will throws 7 ints we'll lose by 40. Corral kept them in the game and took the lead inspite of his terrible game. Will can't do that or he hasn't shown that ability. Ole miss played without their top 2 WR'S and still almost won.

BuckyIsAB****
He's your high school darling. However, he's not the player Corral is. If Will throws 7 ints we'll lose by 40. Corral kept them in the game and took the lead inspite of his terrible game. Will can't do that or he hasn't shown that ability.

He made you eat shit on here I know that

confucius say
12-19-2020, 10:02 PM
He's your high school darling. However, he's not the player Corral is. If Will throws 7 ints we'll lose by 40. Corral kept them in the game and took the lead inspite of his terrible game. Will can't do that or he hasn't shown that ability.

Corral has more natural arm talent and speed than will. No doubt.

But corral has single handedly cost om the ark and LSU games this year with a combined 14 (14!) turnovers in those two games.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 10:03 PM
He made you eat shit on here I know that

Lol...we won 3 games. He makes you look like an idiot. Our coaches have gone out and gotten 2 veteran transfers and signed 2 Qb's. Obviously their not convinced out this mystical player you keep talking about.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:03 PM

But corral has single handedly cost om the ark and LSU games this year with a combined 14 (14!) turnovers in those two games.

Those WRs help his natural arm talent a whole lot

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 10:04 PM

He also kept them in the game against LSU without his top 2 WR's and his starting tailback Ealy was injured during the game and didn't return. He's a flat out baller.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 10:05 PM
Those WRs help his natural arm talent a whole lot

Those WR's didn't play today. Who are you referring to? Mingo? He's trash.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:06 PM
Lol...we won 3 games. He makes you look like an idiot. Our coaches have gone out and gotten 2 veteran transfers and signed 2 Qb's. Obviously their not convinced out this mystical player you keep talking about.

Lol OM won 4. With way better skill players. We should have beat them with half of a team You lost dude. Rogers is good. He has proven that. You said he was not. He will own every passing record we have. They are getting QBs bc we we had 1 scholarship QB for the majority until of the season.

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:06 PM
Those WR's didn't play today. Who are you referring to? Mingo? He's trash.

Jesus Christ

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:08 PM
Drummond Mingo and Sanders are just as good or better than anyone we have. Williams is our 2nd best one and he would not sniff the field if they are on our team. I am not even counting Moore. All that and no arm talent Will set a passing record against them with the world stacked against them, and should have won it.

You are fighting a losing battle

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:11 PM
If Rogers starts vs UK we win. If he starts vs Arky we win. We lost to UGA (an elite team) by 7 on the road with half a team. We lost by 7 on the road to the great corral and OM with less players than we had at UGA and easily could have won that game if not for a fumble.

If we have corral we do not do any of that. He would have opted out like they did vs A&M

BuckyIsAB****
12-19-2020, 10:13 PM

We will have 3 scholarship QBs next year. The ?veterans? will not be one of the 3

bulldawg28
Lol OM won 4. With way better skill players. We should have beat them with half of a team You lost dude. Rogers is good. He has proven that. You said he was not. He will own every passing record we have. They are getting QBs bc we we had 1 scholarship QB for the majority until of the season.

Rogers hasn't proven anything. Signing two Qb's is depth. Bringing in veterans is competition. The coaches aren't convinced.

R2Dawg
I'm watching Florida & Bama right now & can tell our WR isn't good. Walley & Tulu are talented enough but that's about it

I didn't say we were Bama good, I said we got talent. How can you say our WR ain't good? They were good enough to set an SEC record? They some great catches today. Williams made plays, so did Mitchel, Heath is talented, not to mention Payton who has disappeared for some reason. Some of yall just want to down our players and talent I guess it makes some feel better?

Our corners are not terrible either. They are young but they have talent. If our DBs could hold and grab like Bama's they'd be much better too.

R2Dawg
12-19-2020, 10:15 PM
If Rogers starts vs UK we win. If he starts vs Arky we win. We lost to UGA (an elite team) by 7 on the road with half a team. We lost by 7 on the road to the great corral and OM with less players than we had at UGA and easily could have won that game if not for a fumble.

If we have corral we do not do any of that. He would have opted out like they did vs A&M

True on UK and Ark. KJ cost us there.

Percho
12-19-2020, 10:17 PM

I'm with you fellers.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 10:17 PM

Will wouldn't have beaten Kentucky or Arkansas. You keep mentioning all the L's under will and making excuses. The truth is he only won 2 games. That's terrible and not a good or great Qb. Freshman Qbs are winning everywhere, why can't Will? No one cares about yards and stats. He's losing more than he's winning.

Bdawg
12-19-2020, 10:18 PM
Good grief guys. Both of you are right in some ways. Both are good QBs. Corral has more arm talent. That not debatable. But he can be a head case and turn it over. Will is a good QB but he is a freshman and plays like it sometimes. The more experience he gets the better he will be. He may never surpass Corral's arm talent, but he may become a better QB. Will got lucky with some throws tonight and stared down to many receivers. But he will improve on all this I'm sure. Time will tell who will end up the better QB.

Percho
12-19-2020, 10:20 PM
He also kept them in the game against LSU without his top 2 WR's and his starting tailback Ealy was injured during the game and didn't return. He's a flat out baller.

Where do you think he will go in the draft.

Cooterpoot
12-19-2020, 10:21 PM
It's one game. Last week we looked terrible with two weeks to prepare. We're simply young and inconsistent. Next year that shouldn't be the case. The schedule tips in our favor next year too. 6-8 wins might be possible. This was just a weird, weird year.

msstate7
12-19-2020, 10:22 PM

That's a good question. My best answer is he will be drafted, which is pretty freaking good.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 10:24 PM

He's coming back next year which will improve his draft stock. I suspect a 5th round type player.

DEDawg
12-19-2020, 10:29 PM

Are you related to Will? Serious question not trolling, I?ve just noticed you don?t really allow criticism of the kid... which I think is fair for a qb, it?ll just help him grow.

confucius say
12-19-2020, 10:30 PM

Meh. If he was a flat out baller he'd be going to the nfl. Like lawerence and fields. He's talented but has average decision making skills and has not shown the ability to read the whole field.

confucius say
12-19-2020, 10:38 PM
Will wouldn't have beaten Kentucky or Arkansas. You keep mentioning all the L's under will and making excuses. The truth is he only won 2 games. That's terrible and not a good or great Qb. Freshman Qbs are winning everywhere, why can't Will? No one cares about yards and stats. He's losing more than he's winning.

By your measurements (losing more than winning), corral sucks. He lost 5 out of 9. And would have been 6 out of 10 had they played Aggie. Corral was 4-5 as a starter. Will was 2-3.

OM also played the easiest schedule in the west statically.
They had 4 wins. They didn't beat anybody with a pulse all year. 0-10 vandy, 2-8 usce, 3-7 state, and 4-6 KY.
At least we beat 5-5 LSU and 5-5 Mizzou.

maroonmania
12-19-2020, 10:58 PM
Someone remind me whatever happened to Javonta Payton? Opt out? Injured? I know Shavers is off the team but couldn't remember what happened with Payton.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:00 PM
By your measurements (losing more than winning), corral sucks. He lost 5 out of 9. And would have been 6 out of 10 had they played Aggie. Corral was 4-5 as a starter. Will was 2-3.

OM also played the easiest schedule in the west statically.
They had 4 wins. They didn't beat anybody with a pulse all year. 0-10 vandy, 2-8 usce, 3-7 state, and 4-6 KY.
At least we beat 5-5 LSU and 5-5 Mizzou.

They lost because of their terrible defense. They struggled to score 1 game against Arkansas and they still scored 21 points. We've struggled to score 21 points the majority of the season.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:04 PM
Meh. If he was a flat out baller he'd be going to the nfl. Like lawerence and fields. He's talented but has average decision making skills and has not shown the ability to read the whole field.

He threw for 2,700 yards 24 td's 9 ints and 187 passer rating. I'd say he's seeing the field just fine.

BeardoMSU
12-19-2020, 11:08 PM
He threw for 2,700 yards 24 td's 9 ints and 187 passer rating. I'd say he's seeing the field just fine.

27td and 14ints....not sure how many fumbles.

confucius say
12-19-2020, 11:12 PM

Where'd you see 9 int?

confucius say
12-19-2020, 11:14 PM
They lost because of their terrible defense. They struggled to score 1 game against Arkansas and they still scored 21 points. We've struggled to score 21 points the majority of the season.

And Bc he was a turnover machine.

Nobody is arguing he is enormously talented. He just has spurts where he makes horrible decisions. Otherwise he would be coming out in the draft as a top 3 round pick.

chef dixon
12-19-2020, 11:14 PM
Drummond Mingo and Sanders are just as good or better than anyone we have. Williams is our 2nd best one and he would not sniff the field if they are on our team. I am not even counting Moore. All that and no arm talent Will set a passing record against them with the world stacked against them, and should have won it.

You are fighting a losing battle

Really? Walley is much better than everyone they have other than Elijah Moore.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 11:17 PM
Really? Walley is much better than everyone they have other than Elijah Moore.

Agree.

Moore
Walley
Yaboah
Mingo
Heath when healthy
Drummond

I think Tulu moves ahead of Mingo & below Walley once he's fully up and running

BeardoMSU
12-19-2020, 11:20 PM
Where'd you see 9 int?

It was 9 going into today.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:25 PM
Where'd you see 9 int?

Espn

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:28 PM

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:29 PM
It was 9 going into today.

Today made 9

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:30 PM
And Bc he was a turnover machine.

Nobody is arguing he is enormously talented. He just has spurts where he makes horrible decisions. Otherwise he would be coming out in the draft as a top 3 round pick.

24 tds 9 ints is a turnover machine?

confucius say
12-19-2020, 11:31 PM
Today made 9

Wrong

confucius say
12-19-2020, 11:36 PM
24 tds 9 ints is a turnover machine?

No. But 19 turnovers is

msstate7
12-19-2020, 11:36 PM
Are there some really arguing corral isn't a stud qb? That 187 passer rating entering the game vs an all sec schedule is gaudy. For reference, dak's top passer rating was 151 in 2015. It's ok to admit corral is really damn good.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 11:49 PM
Wrong

Tally them up each game where you have more than 9.

Commercecomet24
12-20-2020, 12:10 AM

Matt corral has 14 ints and 5 fumbles this year. Heck he threw 6 ints against arky and 5 tonight.

confucius say
12-20-2020, 12:10 AM

6 vs ark
5 vs LSU
2 vs auburn
1 vs fla

I'm not even including fumbles yet.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4362874/matt-corral

confucius say
12-20-2020, 12:15 AM
Are there some really arguing corral isn't a stud qb? That 187 passer rating entering the game vs an all sec schedule is gaudy. For reference, dak's top passer rating was 151 in 2015. It's ok to admit corral is really damn good.

I don't know what qualifies as stud.

But nobody is arguing that he is immensely talented. Great arm strength. Good mobility.

But he struggles with decision making. He also has multiple projected skill nfl guys and OL (3). He is a half field read qb with a good arm who throws the deep ball well.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 06:55 AM
6 vs ark
5 vs LSU
2 vs auburn
1 vs fla

I'm not even including fumbles yet.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/gamelog/_/id/4362874/matt-corral

I stand corrected with ints.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 08:11 AM
I don't know what qualifies as stud.

But nobody is arguing that he is immensely talented. Great arm strength. Good mobility.

But he struggles with decision making. He also has multiple projected skill nfl guys and OL (3). He is a half field read qb with a good arm who throws the deep ball well.

He's had 2 really bad TO games. Weren't both in the rain?

He's gonna be really, really good next season.

chef dixon
12-20-2020, 08:50 AM
He's had 2 really bad TO games. Weren't both in the rain?

He's gonna be really, really good next season.

Corral is a scary college player to face, but last nights game showed the first 6 int wasn't a fluke. It's going to kill him projecting to the next level. But as for college, he can light you up video game style.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 08:58 AM
Corral is a scary college player to face, but last nights game showed the first 6 int wasn't a fluke. It's going to kill him projecting to the next level. But as for college, he can light you up video game style.

He certainly can't have the meltdown TO games, but he really has had some monster games. He had 5 200+ passer rating games this year including against Florida and Bama. For reference, trask is the only other qb to top 140 vs Bama this year, and he was at 175; corral was 208.

Jacknut
12-20-2020, 09:26 AM

Defenses as a whole in the SEC were not as good this year for whatever reason, lack of spring practice, rona sit outs, etc. No doubt Corral is a good QB, but I don't get the hate for Will. He's a true freshman and he's done pretty well for a guy that looks 13, lol.

msstate7
12-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Defenses as a whole in the SEC were not as good this year for whatever reason, lack of spring practice, rona sit outs, etc. No doubt Corral is a good QB, but I don't get the hate for Will. He's a true freshman and he's done pretty well for a guy that looks 13, lol.

Nature of the game... when we lose, no one besides bucky really comes to Will's defense. When we win, lots are here to sing praise.

Jacknut
12-20-2020, 10:20 AM
Nature of the game... when we lose, no one besides bucky really comes to Will's defense. When we win, lots are here to sing praise.

He's the quarterback. In Leach's system, if we lose he probably had a bad game. If we win, he probably had a good game. I'm not saying he's better than Corral, but i'll take what we have in him.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:10 AM

Man. I give up.

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Rogers hasn't proven anything. Signing two Qb's is depth. Bringing in veterans is competition. The coaches aren't convinced.

If I had the time I would go back and find your posts calling him my QB and that he would struggle to start. All he has done since then is break records and start every game.

But then again you are the same cat who says no one cares about stats only winning but then in the next post brag on corrals stats, while he has 1 more win than will, while having way more experience and way better skill guys. They have went head to head one time and will has the egg bowl record. With 2 decent WRs. And should have won the game with 45 players on his team. An unbiased person would admit defeat in this argument

BuckyIsAB****
12-20-2020, 11:16 AM
Are you related to Will? Serious question not trolling, I?ve just noticed you don?t really allow criticism of the kid... which I think is fair for a qb, it?ll just help him grow.

We are close. I will admit that.

Criticism is fine. Bullshit takes are not

DEDawg
12-20-2020, 11:23 AM
We are close. I will admit that.

Criticism is fine. Bullshit takes are not
Well tell him at Christmas we appreciate everything he?s done this year and hope to see him break every record we have. Can?t speak for others, but when I criticize him it?s the same I?d do for any QB. Kid plays well for a true freshman hope to see him improve with an off season

bluelightstar
12-20-2020, 11:28 AM
The success of the running game was encouraging and is absolutely something we will need to see going forward. Good on Leach for this

parabrave
12-20-2020, 11:33 AM

"Can't Wait till next year" I wish I still had my shirt. My other fav shirt was "Let's win Something Today" Lost both in Hurricane Katrina.

Jarius
12-20-2020, 11:45 AM

You do realize we have not brought in any veteran quarterback transfers that will be on scholarship, correct? Bringing in preferred walk ons is not bringing in real competition. As far as Corral goes, he is very talented physically but he is eat up with the dumbass and makes a ton of stupid decisions. The biggest difference in he and Will is he has an offensive line that has been elite this year and a running game that lead the conference.

bulldawg28
12-20-2020, 12:59 PM
You do realize we have not brought in any veteran quarterback transfers that will be on scholarship, correct? Bringing in preferred walk ons is not bringing in real competition. As far as Corral goes, he is very talented physically but he is eat up with the dumbass and makes a ton of stupid decisions. The biggest difference in he and Will is he has an offensive line that has been elite this year and a running game that lead the conference.

If you believe because they are walkons that have more playing experience than the starter and won't be a factor i don't know what to tell you.

Jarius
12-20-2020, 01:18 PM
If you believe because they are walkons that have more playing experience than the starter and won't be a factor i don't know what to tell you.

I will bet you whatever amount of money you want to bet that neither of those 2 will see the field unless Rogers is hurt or the game is put away. Acting like Leach brought those guys in because he isn’t sold on Will Rogers is stupid. He has 2 unknown true freshman as backups next year so any time you can get a quality walk on at that position you take it. I’m sure he would love for Jack or the other guy to overtake will because it would mean they are extremely good but he isn’t bringing them in because of Will.