PDA

View Full Version : Jack Abraham

Todd4State
12-18-2020, 11:15 PM
I see that he committed to us. I like it as long as he is here in the spring. I don't know if he beats out Will or not but he's good to have on the team. I especially like it if he brings Tim Jones with him. Jones would be a perfect slot guy in the Air Raid.

KOdawg1
12-19-2020, 12:19 AM
Never hurts to have a veteran in the QB room. He's a guy you bring in to help mentor Will and Sawyer, and in the case of a doomsday scenario, you've got a QB who isn't like most walk ons.

DownwardDawg
12-19-2020, 12:33 AM
I was surprised when I read that. It must be the black uniforms!!! **

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 05:39 AM
He's not coming here to mentor and the coaches aren't bringing him here to mentor. Will had better step his game up or he'll be number 2 on the depth chart.

msstate7
12-19-2020, 09:03 AM
I like this pick up for this offense. As I said in the recruiting thread, jack led the nation in comp % in 2018 and was 10th in 2019. Cooter correctly pointed out the ints in that thread also. If Abraham can take care of the ball, I think he's a real threat to will starting. This move makes me think we are indeed wanting to RS Sawyer

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 09:41 AM
He's not coming here to mentor and the coaches aren't bringing him here to mentor. Will had better step his game up or he'll be number 2 on the depth chart.

Competition is good. They'll push each other.

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 09:44 AM
I like this pick up for this offense. As I said in the recruiting thread, jack led the nation in comp % in 2018 and was 10th in 2019. Cooter correctly pointed out the ints in that thread also. If Abraham can take care of the ball, I think he's a real threat to will starting. This move makes me think we are indeed wanting to RS Sawyer

I expect Sawyer to redshirt anyway. He's not coming to school until May. I'm a big fan of Sawyer but realistically that's what will happen short term.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 09:45 AM

Yep

DLGDawg
12-19-2020, 10:17 AM
I see that he committed to us. I like it as long as he is here in the spring. I don't know if he beats out Will or not but he's good to have on the team. I especially like it if he brings Tim Jones with him. Jones would be a perfect slot guy in the Air Raid.

He's looking for a place to live now. My wife works w his dad.
ETA. Jack was told it's an open competition. No promise of anything except a chance.

Dogbone
12-19-2020, 10:21 AM
Where will Jack Kristofek fit in the qb competition?

CaptainObvious
12-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Where will Jack Kristofek fit in the qb competition?

Corner Back

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 10:46 AM
He's looking for a place to live now. My wife works w his dad.
ETA. Jack was told it's an open competition. No promise of anything except a chance.

That's what I want to hear. I still like Rogers a lot but he needs someone to push him.

ShotgunDawg
12-19-2020, 12:17 PM
I expect Sawyer to redshirt anyway. He's not coming to school until May. I'm a big fan of Sawyer but realistically that's what will happen short term.

Whoever starts next year better perform early or Sawyer will pass them.

The talents just aren't comparable. Sawyer already plays in an Air Raid in HS, and, while I'm sure there will be an adjustment period to college players, Leach's brand of the air raid, and our WRs, he'll already have a feel for the flow of the offense.

Again, hopefully he can RS, but the other guys better perform or he'll bypass their ass fast.

trob115
12-19-2020, 01:26 PM
Sawyer will win the job. He?s elite

Maroonthirteen
12-19-2020, 01:58 PM

Can we add an OC coach? The HC needs some Competition. **

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 02:11 PM
Whoever starts next year better perform early or Sawyer will pass them.

The talents just aren't comparable. Sawyer already plays in an Air Raid in HS, and, while I'm sure there will be an adjustment period to college players, Leach's brand of the air raid, and our WRs, he'll already have a feel for the flow of the offense.

Again, hopefully he can RS, but the other guys better perform or he'll bypass their ass fast.

I can't see it even though his ceiling is the highest. Rogers played in the Air Raid in high school and we see how he looks. Sawyer won't be used to our players, the speed of the SEC, or how the defenses scheme. It takes a lot of good QB's a couple of years. See Kellen Mond.

Commercecomet24
12-19-2020, 02:37 PM
Abraham is a very good passer and intelligent.. He could well be the starter by next fall. The qb competition is going to be stiff and that's good.

Todd4State
12-19-2020, 02:48 PM
I didn't realize that Abraham and Payton played together in JUCO. That's another natural connection if we can pull Jones too.

bulldawg28
12-19-2020, 03:28 PM
I didn't realize that Abraham and Payton played together in JUCO. That's another natural connection if we can pull Jones too.

Who is Jones?

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-19-2020, 07:43 PM
Have somewhat of a qb cluster. It?s not the worst thing but Rogers and Robertson are gonna be the front guys in my opinion

CaptainObvious
12-19-2020, 07:55 PM
But somebody is going to have to be real good to win the job next year because it is a 4 man race and I love it!