PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Woodruff-wow

MsStateBaseball
11-09-2013, 02:38 PM
Got the first 6 batters in a row. Pitched 4 innings shutout. Yes I think he's ready to go.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 02:42 PM
His progress has been great. Woody should be pretty much full speed by the start of the regular season.

Man, if he'd been healthy last year, that UCLA series might have ended a little differently...

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 02:43 PM
So do you figure he will start Fri? Who starts Sat and Sun? Dakota Hudson I would think is in there but maybe Fitts? I don't know if I have ever seen this much depth on a MSU team. We have several people who won't start pitching or in the field that would be our star players 5 years ago.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:43 PM
Got the first 6 batters in a row. Pitched 4 innings shutout. Yes I think he's ready to go.

Hell yes

MsStateBaseball
11-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Friday is Woodruff , Bracewell/Fitts/Hudson for other two spots. Sexton is my Tuesday starter.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 03:18 PM
So do you figure he will start Fri? Who starts Sat and Sun? Dakota Hudson I would think is in there but maybe Fitts? I don't know if I have ever seen this much depth on a MSU team. We have several people who won't start pitching or in the field that would be our star players 5 years ago.

I'm not all that concerned with who starts. As long as they can give us 4-5 solid innings, we'll be fine.

reddog
11-09-2013, 03:24 PM
MSB WHERE does Lingren project?

Lefthandersrule
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Can't wait for the season to get here! If we can get four of five innings then turn it over to our pen we should compete with anyone in the country.

Will James
11-09-2013, 03:29 PM

"Ace" in the hole. Deploy him for the most important innings is what I'd do. Get him 80+ IP Girodo style.

Will James
11-09-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm not all that concerned with who starts. As long as they can give us 4-5 solid innings, we'll be fine.

More runs are scored in the 1st because its the ideal lineup construction so the "starter" has to be solid and could be used to match up with their better hitters (LHP the first time through if they have strong lefty hitters). I'd use our best arms the next 2 times through the lineup, or have the ability to save them for the next day if we break open a big lead.

Maximize our best arms in the most critical innings.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 03:36 PM

Lindgren should be a damn good reliever. Part of his problem last year was that he'd sometimes tire at around 60 pitches. Lindgren would be unhittable in spurts, but then lose his stuff/command and he'd be vulnerable. Hopefully Butch can get him more, shorter appearances out of the bullpen; this way we get him for six innings/weekend at his best as a reliever, rather than four/weekend as a starter.

I'm hoping he can recover quickly so he can pitch him multiple innings twice each weekend. Really, as long as he gets 5-6 innings/weekend at full go, I'll be happy. Lindgren has to get a lot of innings though- he's got some of the best stuff on the staff.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 03:41 PM
More runs are scored in the 1st because its the ideal lineup construction so the "starter" has to be solid and could be used to match up with their better hitters (LHP the first time through if they have strong lefty hitters). I'd use our best arms the next 2 times through the lineup, or have the ability to save them for the next day if we break open a big lead.

Maximize our best arms in the most critical innings.

This.^

As long as we have our best pitchers out there with the game on the line, I'll be fine.

MsStateBaseball
11-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Woodruff gave up 2 hits in 4 IP...

Ronny
11-09-2013, 04:21 PM
...the football team is so horrendous it would put a Buddhist monastery on suicide watch.

But we are true national badasses in baseball.