PDA

View Full Version : Where MS Prospects Signed Yesterday

confucius say
12-17-2020, 11:18 AM
Using 247 composite, Top 3 went out of state. State got 3 of top 10. OM got 3 of top 10. Southern got 1. In order:

Smith - LSU
Calloway - Bama
Brevard - Oregon

Altmeyer- OM
Harmon - state
Lewis -state
Daniels - OM

Keyes- usm

Buckhalter - OM
Moore - state

Using just 247 gives state 2-7-9 and om 4-5-6:

Smith - LSU
Lewis -state
Calloway - bama

Daniels
Altmeyer
Buckhalter

Moore - state
Brevard - Oregon
Harmon - state

Hunter - uncommitted

confucius say
12-17-2020, 11:24 AM
Also, 7 of our 18 are ms kids. 39 %
Down year in the state.
Only 5 of om 22 are MD kids. 23%.

ShotgunDawg
12-17-2020, 11:30 AM
Also, 7 of our 18 are ms kids. 39 %
Down year in the state.
Only 5 of om 22 are MD kids. 23%.

I think for a number of reasons, kids are more willing to leave every state now than they used to be. As travel & information on other places has become easier to access, I think we're entering an era where more kids from every state are good leaving that state (Except Louisiana kids)

So, while we may lose more MS kids, we also have the ability to land kids from other states maybe better than we ever have

confucius say
12-17-2020, 11:36 AM
I agree. Have not run the numbers, but I heard one of the beat guys yesterday say we signed more Texas and, I think, fla kids than ever before.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-17-2020, 11:46 AM
We really need to continue recruiting Texas for offensive players and recruit Georgia more for defensive players.... our average player rank is .8637..... that ranking would be the 65th rated player in Georgia, 97th rated player in Texas and the 13 rated player in Mississippi..but before you bring up the fact everybody else recruits those states and they do, Liberty, Memphis, Ole Miss and Minnesota signed solid players there as well..

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-17-2020, 12:13 PM
Fact is, $$$ alone wont keep top MS kids in state, or OM would be getting them. A lot of kids are not only not proud to be from MS, many are embarased of us and/or want to get a change in scenery. Top kids have the chance to do that and usually do.

Am i saying ignore MS? Of course not. Weve got the chance to form relationships with MS kids before anyone else, find diamonds in the rough etc etc. HOWEVER, i dont think there will ever be a time where you can rely on MS to get you all you need, or even very much of what you need are far as 4*s go. You have to kick the tires on a ton of out of state studs and see who responds well, then narrow it down from there, rather than focusing on the instate kids and expect the keep the ones with Bama, Auburn, or LSU offers. Theyd rather play at flashy programs than rep MS

Percho
12-17-2020, 04:55 PM
A couple of my thoughts.

I think after the first game of the football season every following Wednesday should be a signing day. If a coach knows he wants a kid and or same kid is ready to commit, then it should be. That would cut down on a lot of dishonesty of schools and players.
I think if a kid says he is committed to a school in another state he should not play is his state's all star game with another state.

confucius say
12-17-2020, 05:28 PM
Why even have a signing day? Just have a period, from say June 1 to March 1. Sign whenever you want.

MedDawg
12-17-2020, 05:41 PM
Why even have a signing day? Just have a period, from say June 1 to March 1. Sign whenever you want.

Then June 1 becomes signing day. Happy Flipteenth or Happy Flipmorial Day.

Maroonthirteen
12-17-2020, 05:47 PM
I happened to hear the SEC guy mention State has signed kids from Alabama over the years. So, I looked over the state of Alabama's top 20 for this year.

UofAlabama signed #1, 3, 7, 12 and 18 ranked players
Auburn 5th ranked player
Tennessee 2, 9, 14, 16 (I guess Pruit still has some connections)
Florida #4
LSU #6
UGA #8
FSU #10
Kentucky #11 ( A WR....go figure)
UCLA #19

A few in the top 20 unsigned.

confucius say
12-17-2020, 05:52 PM
Then June 1 becomes signing day. Happy Flipteenth or Happy Flipmorial Day.

Some. But I think not many. Only the ones that truly know where they want to go regardless of what happens the next 6 months.

I have no idea why coaches would want a signing day with all the drama.

Maroonthirteen
12-17-2020, 06:35 PM

it needs to be moved from December. Put it back like it was. Juco and early grads can sign in dec. everyone else feb or March.

That allows schools to finish seasons and bowl games. Then allow time for the coaching carousel to settle. So kids know with who they are signing.

Sienfield
12-17-2020, 06:50 PM
We really need to continue recruiting Texas for offensive players and recruit Georgia more for defensive players.... our average player rank is .8637..... that ranking would be the 65th rated player in Georgia, 97th rated player in Texas and the 13 rated player in Mississippi..but before you bring up the fact everybody else recruits those states and they do, Liberty, Memphis, Ole Miss and Minnesota signed solid players there as well..

I've always like Georgia kids for defensive players. I don't know about offensive players because we don't seem to get many good ones except running backs.

RocketDawg
12-17-2020, 09:17 PM
A couple of my thoughts.

I think after the first game of the football season every following Wednesday should be a signing day. If a coach knows he wants a kid and or same kid is ready to commit, then it should be. That would cut down on a lot of dishonesty of schools and players.
I think if a kid says he is committed to a school in another state he should not play is his state's all star game with another state.

That would be absurdly severe, and not even logical. A person, athlete or not, should go to whatever school he wants to, as long as he can be admitted.