PDA

View Full Version : Kiffen Presser

Leroy Jenkins
12-16-2020, 11:09 PM
He said they don't like kids to publicly commit to them early, and that recruiting kids who are "committed" to other schools just lets you know who the competition is for the kid. He also said "three months ago nobody thought we could recruit I would rather they (players) sit on it than go public."

I know he sees that as a genius double-whammy, (1) you get the kid to "flip" and (2) the staff the kid is committed to isn't working as hard to fill that spot because they think they already have their guy. Not only did you take another teams player, but you left a hole in their class if they were not prepared. In order to pull that off you need a H.S. kid that is comfortable intentionally deceiving adults, maybe that is why "flips" usually turn out to be busts.

Extendedcab
12-17-2020, 10:12 AM
Like I said in another post, if the adults cheat or are slimy, how do you think the kids will turn out? They imitate adults!

Jack Lambert
12-17-2020, 10:17 AM
It is easier to hide the cheating if no one is looking.

R2Dawg
12-17-2020, 01:00 PM
He said they don't like kids to publicly commit to them early, and that recruiting kids who are "committed" to other schools just lets you know who the competition is for the kid. He also said "three months ago nobody thought we could recruit I would rather they (players) sit on it than go public."

I know he sees that as a genius double-whammy, (1) you get the kid to "flip" and (2) the staff the kid is committed to isn't working as hard to fill that spot because they think they already have their guy. Not only did you take another teams player, but you left a hole in their class if they were not prepared. In order to pull that off you need a H.S. kid that is comfortable intentionally deceiving adults, maybe that is why "flips" usually turn out to be busts.

Last paragraph is dead on. Two more thoughts on that. See why so many flip to OM? Also if you get too many of the flippers, what that can do to the culture of a program?

Not the way for MSU to operate in my opinion. Be straight up with kids. We don't need deception in our program. We need young men with character not characters.

StarkVegasSteve
12-17-2020, 01:42 PM
The world of social media has devalued the term "commitment" so much that I don't even know why it's used anymore. I know there's probably 20-25% of kids who when they commit they mean it and they shut it down. But I'd say nowadays probably 75-80% of kids just want to post a bunch on social media to see what fan base is going to tell how great they are the most times. That's why they release all these top 3, top 5, and hell Ty Cooper is releasing a Top 8. Like I'm to the point now where if a player is not signed then I just don't count it.

Dawg
12-17-2020, 04:15 PM
It also allows Mississippi to cut a committed kid without looking bad because no one knew he had a committable offer. For instance, had Pounders only decommitted from us without publicly committing to Mississippi, then it would have been even easier for them to cut him without facing any public scrutiny.***** High School coaches need to alert Ole Miss recruits that if the athlete isn?t allowed to publicly commit, that they should proceed with caution.

maroonmania
12-17-2020, 05:43 PM
Like I said in another post, if the adults cheat or are slimy, how do you think the kids will turn out? They imitate adults!

Yep, when the payoff is right you can get a kid to do a lot of things including being a part of intentional deception to another school. Kiffin has no character (just ask his ex-wife) so why would anyone think he would be honorable in recruiting? If a kid like Pounders gets left out in the cold do you think Kiffin cares? No, only thing he is looking at is that he was able to sour the relationship MSU had with Pounders although I think we came out ahead in that deal. But Pounders lost any chance he had to play in the SEC.

maroonmania
12-17-2020, 05:45 PM
It also allows Mississippi to cut a committed kid without looking bad because no one knew he had a committable offer. For instance, had Pounders only decommitted from us without publicly committing to Mississippi, then it would have been even easier for them to cut him without facing any public scrutiny.***** High School coaches need to alert Ole Miss recruits that if the athlete isn?t allowed to publicly commit, that they should proceed with caution.

OM won't get any scrutiny or be called out by MS media anyway. That is one problem they don't have to worry about.