PDA

View Full Version : Watch Out: Florida will have to win at South Carolina or Florida State to get to 6 Ws

curmudgeon
11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Vanderbilt is curbstomping them. Haven't won at the Swamp since we were all in the Southern Conference.

Tennessee will have to beat Vandy to go bowling.

Vandy could go 8-4 again.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Florida may be one of the schools talking to Hud- and why his stance has changed the last few months. They played there last year or the year before and nearly won. I'm sure that caught Foley's attention.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Florida may be one of the schools talking to Hud- and why his stance has changed the last few months. They played there last year or the year before and nearly won. I'm sure that caught Foley's attention.

Good point. He would be a good fit there IMO.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 02:28 PM

Good, Luckily since Dan > Hud we should be better off.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 02:42 PM

I could see that happening. I could also see Muschamp (sp?) doing well somewhere. I'm not sold that he's not a good coach. I think it might be a "fit" issue. He doesn't fit at Florida. IDK

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:45 PM
I could see that happening. I could also see Muschamp (sp?) doing well somewhere. I'm not sold that he's not a good coach. I think it might be a "fit" issue. He doesn't fit at Florida. IDK

No chance Florida would hire Hud at this time. After a failed head coach, Foley can't afford to swing and miss. Will be pressured to hire a successful BCS conference coach.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM
No chance Florida would hire Hud at this time. After a failed head coach, Foley can't afford to swing and miss. Will be pressured to hire a successful BCS conference coach.

I hope you are right. Once he ends up at a BCS school, he's gone.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 02:48 PM
Florida's last 4 hires in football:

Spurrier- Fla legend but was a HC at a smaller school when Florida hired him
Zook- was a DC and popular name for jobs- didnt work out
Meyer- HC at a smaller school and won 2 titles
Muschamp- was a DC and popular name for jobs- isnt working out

You can bet Foley is NOT going to hire a DC to replace Muschamp

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Do you think they just back up a dump truck filled with money to Boise? Petersen hasn't been the hot name lately.

TrapGame
11-09-2013, 02:49 PM

No doubt. Maybe Petrino?

Coach34
11-09-2013, 02:50 PM

disagree totally, as I just pointed out- he fits their M.O. for what they have had success with

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:52 PM
disagree totally, as I just pointed out- he fits their M.O. for what they have had success with

Disagree totally. No chance Foley can take a chance hiring a mid-major coach after he just whiffed on a coordinator. Can't see it happening.

It's a political and cover your ass world.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 02:53 PM

Wow! Hud would be the perfect hire if history is an indicator.

Will James
11-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Florida State is going to murder them. That will do Boom in. FSU murders everyone in their path.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:56 PM

There is a big difference in hiring the head coach at Utah, which went to a BCS bowl, the coach in waiting at Texas, and the head coach that won at an ACC school, then hiring the head coach at LALA, who was challenged by Troy the other night

The Florida boosters and media would eat Foley's ass if he made that hire. Simply won't happen and it has nothing to do with Hud

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:58 PM
There is a big difference in hiring the head coach at Utah, which went to a BCS bowl, the coach in waiting at Texas, and the head coach that won at an ACC school, then hiring the head coach at LALA, who was challenged by Troy the other night

The Florida boosters and media would eat Foley's ass if he made that hire. Simply won't happen and it has nothing to do with Hud

Auburn just hired a Sunbelt HC, and it's working well so far

Coach34
11-09-2013, 02:59 PM
Disagree totally. No chance Foley can take a chance hiring a mid-major coach after he just whiffed on a coordinator. Can't see it happening.

It's a political and cover your ass world.

Hiring a solid HC from another big program doesnt guarantee success- ask UPig. Foley will hire a guy that's a current HC- but I dont think it will necessarily be a big name.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 02:59 PM

I think it would definitely look like us when we hired Rick Ray. People wouldn't be thrilled but they might just be in a wait and see mode.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 03:00 PM

exactly- plys Hud has been an SEC Coordinator- he was responsible for all our success in 2009 and 2010

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Hiring a solid HC from another big program doesnt guarantee success- ask UPig. Foley will hire a guy that's a current HC- but I dont think it will necessarily be a big name.

Completely agree with this statement, and that includes the fact that Hud isn't a guaranteed success. I just see Foley attempting to cover his ass by hiring a proven BCS conference coach.

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 03:01 PM

Please stop saying this. That's the dumbest thing that is being said on this board. That's like calling out Saban for being "challenged" by LSU. The talent is equal. Of course they were challenged. Stupid argument.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 03:02 PM

Malzahn wouldn't have had any shot at that job if he wasn't the offensive coordinator for their national championship team. The boosters at Auburn knew Malzahn and wanted that offense. Completely different set of circumstances.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Please stop saying this. That's the dumbest thing that is being said on this board. That's like calling out Saban for being "challenged" by LSU. The talent is equal. Of course they were challenged. Stupid argument.

Sorry, didn't mean to insult the Hud. Point remains.

Quaoarsking
11-09-2013, 03:03 PM
He doesn't have a specific connection to Florida, but why not James Franklin?

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Sorry, didn't mean to insult the Hud. Point remains.

You didn't insult the Hud. You insulted yourself. You're smarter than that. Your posts on all other subjects prove that.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 03:06 PM
You didn't insult the Hud. You insulted yourself. You're smarter than that. Your posts on all other subjects prove that.

I'll take that as a complement. Your right

Coach34
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM
He doesn't have a specific connection to Florida, but why not James Franklin?

Slive is not to keen on SEC coaches being poached- that's why Mullen isnt at Tenn

State82
11-09-2013, 03:15 PM

You are correct. And it's not just one person saying it. It is complete apples/oranges. No comparison whatsoever.

preachermatt83
11-09-2013, 03:20 PM
petrino at florida would be absolutely scary

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 03:22 PM

That would also give them the closest offense to Spurrier's fun and gun instead of spread option.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Slive is not to keen on SEC coaches being poached- that's why Mullen isnt at Tenn

So even when Slive is trying not to screw us, he still screws us ***

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Doubt it. They will go after Peterson or someone with more of a name. This hire can not have any doubts in it. They did that with Muschamp. Hud will not be the next coach at Florida. Nice try though Coach.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 03:27 PM

No chance of it happening. A big school is not going to hire Beautiful Bobby

Bear@Work
11-09-2013, 03:45 PM
Vanderbilt is curbstomping them. Haven't won at the Swamp since we were all in the Southern Conference.

Tennessee will have to beat Vandy to go bowling.

Vandy could go 8-4 again.

I thought we were all in agreement that Vanderbilt was terrible this year and anyone should be able to beat them, especially at Vanderbilt on a Thursday night?

Coach34
11-09-2013, 03:50 PM
Florida is terrible also

dawgs
11-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Hud ain't got spurrier's or meyer's qualifications when Florida hired them.

engie
11-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Wow. Coach34 campaigning for HUD to get the Florida job. The same guy that isn't good enough for MSU.

We're officially full circle now.

I think UF should keep Muschamp. After all, he went to the Sugar Bowl just last yr**