PDA

View Full Version : Malik Nabers Video

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 05:11 PM
Just curious what people's thoughts are here?

I know I'm biased, but does this look like a kid that just made his own decision to sign with his dream school?

Maybe it's just sour grapes, but this one may be in the portal soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwVEakw5JUg&feature=youtu.be

StarkVegasSteve
12-16-2020, 05:13 PM
If he is he is. Nothing we can do about it now. He made the decision and he has to live with it is, good or bad. Same as Pounders, Buckhalter, Daniels, and Strong.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 05:15 PM
If he is he is. Nothing we can do about it now. He made the decision and he has to live with it is, good or bad. Same as Pounders, Buckhalter, Daniels, and Strong.

Oh he can transfer quickly now. The rules have changed.

There will be more transfers out of this class than any before.

was21
12-16-2020, 06:30 PM
Doubtful if he was really high on their list. They're just assholes and didn't want one right under their nose to be taken away by State. Assholes...that is all

parabrave
12-16-2020, 07:01 PM
Sounds like Uncle got paid. Hope they check the balance of the childrens hospital foundation.

ZedFedder
12-16-2020, 07:11 PM
They also lost JoJo Earle, one of their top WR commits, to Bama. May have been what opened the door.

Fader21
12-16-2020, 07:19 PM
To me the kid is showing no emotion. Doesn't seem like he really wanted to do it. Maybe I'm totally off but if I just signed a D1 scholarship to a prestigious school then I'd be happy.

DEDawg
12-16-2020, 08:55 PM
I wonder how much his uncle got. Im curious what a low 4 star goes for. If we gave Leo 10k, gotta imagine Ole Miss gave MJ 15ish. Nabers probably 15-20k?

RocketDawg
12-16-2020, 09:07 PM
Maybe it's just his personality, but he didn't sound enthused about his decision. Almost sounds like he regrets signing with LSU.

StateDawg44
12-16-2020, 09:54 PM
He just sounds like he signed with a blue blood last second, who had current players on his in-state school call him and butter him up the night before and that's all it took. Then he got an offer last second and accepted it. Now he's just kinda on the team but doesn't have a realationship built. Almost like he knows he signed with LSU but doesn't know much past that. Saw the bright lights and took it. I'm sure they courted him some but doubt he got the attention he got from our coaches and the relationship they built with him.

I have never ever heard a new MSU signee talk about how the current players called him and hyped him up and said they are ready to play with him. Hell he mentioned Stingley saying he was excited and surely knows Stingley is probably gone this year.

He may have regrets and a little remorse for lying. And someone probably got a 6 figure sum but it's an 18 y/o kid that doesn't know how to interview and just want to be done with all the pressure.

It's BS what happened but good lord let's find the next guy up that is a Dawg and wants to be at MSU.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2020, 10:30 PM
He has grown up as an LSU fan, and he wanted to play football at LSU. He finally got the offer. Now, let's see if he thinks being a member of the LSU football program is what he thought it would be. I don't see any money being passed on this decision. Maybe peer pressure and family pressure, may have affected his decision though.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2020, 10:37 PM
I wonder how much his uncle got. Im curious what a low 4 star goes for. If we gave Leo 10k, gotta imagine Ole Miss gave MJ 15ish. Nabers probably 15-20k?

LSU doesn't pay for a low 4*. Peer and family pressure may have been a factor.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 11:54 PM
He just sounds like he signed with a blue blood last second, who had current players on his in-state school call him and butter him up the night before and that's all it took. Then he got an offer last second and accepted it. Now he's just kinda on the team but doesn't have a realationship built. Almost like he knows he signed with LSU but doesn't know much past that. Saw the bright lights and took it. I'm sure they courted him some but doubt he got the attention he got from our coaches and the relationship they built with him.

I have never ever heard a new MSU signee talk about how the current players called him and hyped him up and said they are ready to play with him. Hell he mentioned Stingley saying he was excited and surely knows Stingley is probably gone this year.

He may have regrets and a little remorse for lying. And someone probably got a 6 figure sum but it's an 18 y/o kid that doesn't know how to interview and just want to be done with all the pressure.

It's BS what happened but good lord let's find the next guy up that is a Dawg and wants to be at MSU.

Great post. Good breakdown. I think you're right on most of it.

Yeah, not sure why we don't use current players. Of course, he may not know our current players due to not visiting. Maybe he did talk to Will Rogers & Walley, but we don't know it.

Either way, something doesn't seem right in this video. It's a weird interview

defiantdog
12-17-2020, 01:59 AM
Listening to his interview sounded like a kid who got to go to the school he wanted. He even said he never saw our facilities. He went somewhere that's familiar. Can't blame him for that.

Cowboydawg
12-17-2020, 10:29 PM
LSU doesn't pay for a low 4*. Peer and family pressure may have been a factor.

I have no knowledge specifically of Nabers but LSU absolutely pays 4 star players...and 3 star players. If they want a player they do what it takes to get him regardless of how many stars a recruiting service puts by his name.

Lord McBuckethead
12-17-2020, 11:33 PM
Looks to me like a kid that didn't sleep well due to the weight of a decision on his mind all night. I have had to deal with decisions like this one and almost every time the exhaustion sets in pretty quickly after the decision is made.