PDA

View Full Version : The portal

Cowbell
12-16-2020, 01:47 PM
I keep seeing some of you guys talk about the portal like it's some great thing for us and some Savior. Please enlighten me how we have done so far in the portal. Also some of you in the same breath are mentioning that you don't want these uncommitted guys that are flipping - what do you think creates the players in the portal?

Dawgfan77
12-16-2020, 02:21 PM
Depends. You get a guy that has clearly shown he has what it takes to play at a high level but is at a Tulane or Ark State and the like. They have two years to play you take that risk.

FISHDAWG
12-16-2020, 03:06 PM
The portal has hurt us but also helped us ... not sure which way the scale tips but I think it's probably better for us than not

ZedFedder
12-16-2020, 04:14 PM
We are going to have to hit it either way.

Cowbell
12-16-2020, 05:31 PM
We are going to have to hit it either way.

I completely understand and agree that we have to hit the portal. What I don't understand is quite a few people on this board acting like it's some kind of savior for us. Two years in a row it gas screwed us at the worst position possible to screw us.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 05:43 PM
If you're going to get a guy out of the portal, you better make sure he's a good fit & is in the portal for the right reasons

Dawgology
12-16-2020, 06:22 PM
Yeah...who all have we got from the portal that actually has made an impact. The first ones that jump to mind are Costello and the WR from Bama. Not great.

Cowbell
12-16-2020, 07:51 PM
Yeah...who all have we got from the portal that actually has made an impact. The first ones that jump to mind are Costello and the WR from Bama. Not great.

2019 we got the QB from penn state and the wr from kstate. The best one I think we have gotten is our kicker.

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 08:52 PM

You still have to try. LSU got Burrow, Ole Miss got Yahboah, and other teams have gotten good players. If we sign enough, a few are bound to pan out

Irondawg
12-16-2020, 08:56 PM
I still think KJ got injured somewhere along the way - he never remotely looked the same after that.

We need to find a good CB or S from a lower conference that really wants to prove himself in the SEC

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 08:58 PM
I keep seeing some of you guys talk about the portal like it's some great thing for us and some Savior. Please enlighten me how we have done so far in the portal. Also some of you in the same breath are mentioning that you don't want these uncommitted guys that are flipping - what do you think creates the players in the portal?

We are never going to have great success in the portal. The guys we get will be rejects from other schools - for the most part. Portal isn't going to save us. Just like the guys that leave here, who are they going to help? People see oh, they are coming from an sec school. .... and they have left Bc they can't play here....

viverlibre
12-16-2020, 09:04 PM

Shavers, the WR from Bama was shaping up to be good before he went astray.

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 09:06 PM
2019 we got the QB from penn state and the wr from kstate. The best one I think we have gotten is our kicker.

The wr from ksu that we didn't use and he made a practice roster for a time in the nfl. Thanks joe

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 09:06 PM

He was garbage..... with that said ducking is going to help us next year. Sure could have used him this year.

viverlibre
12-16-2020, 09:10 PM

viverlibre
12-16-2020, 09:16 PM

Zuber was good, SloMo just didn't get the ball to him.

confucius say
12-16-2020, 10:51 PM
Zuber played in the nfl. Would love to have him under leach. That was a joe issue.

Ruiz has been great.

You really just want 1-2 a year that can help.