PDA

View Full Version : Nabers, mj

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 12:24 PM
For those of you that said I was negative for not believing what they posted in social media, and calling me out for saying mj was going to flip...... well??? How can anyone believe an 18 year old w a phone. If you do your just plain dumb.

msstate7
12-16-2020, 12:25 PM
Didn't want em anyway... those guys are obviously low moral**

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 12:28 PM
Yeah. Uh huh.

bulldawg28
12-16-2020, 12:32 PM
I don't worry about two kids. These aren't program changers. Hit the portal and get immediate help.

KOdawg1
12-16-2020, 12:34 PM
I don't worry about two kids. These aren't program changers. Hit the portal and get immediate help.

We better stack up on guys that have multiple years of eligibility. Because getting one year loaners really doesn't help us down the road. We're short handed as it is.

Hambone
12-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Don’t feel bad, Home I got private messages from some on this board and was told to shut up as well.

Some people.

thf24
12-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Hindsight is 20/20 but I don't think anyone should have been confident in MJ's commitment. He was over the top in saying the "right" things to the media, to the point of cliche, while never ceasing to play the attention game off the record in contrast. I'm not surprised and not going to get worked up about it because, like I already said in another thread, guys who play this game specifically with OM don't pan out far more often than they do. It's becoming a pretty clear pattern at this point.

eta: someone ought to tell our staff to mothball those 100% committed, recruitment shut down graphics for all of eternity.

Jack Lambert
12-16-2020, 12:39 PM
Any grown man who follows a 18 year old on tweeter is plain dumb.

Commercecomet24
12-16-2020, 12:46 PM
For those of you that said I was negative for not believing what they posted in social media, and calling me out for saying mj was going to flip...... well??? How can anyone believe an 18 year old w a phone. If you do your just plain dumb.

Exactly! Nothing is complete until the ink is dry(and even then there could still be issues). Heck I've had kids that I've coached and known for years that have changed their minds repeatedly on where they were going from day to day. Happened last week on a kid that I've know for years(he's playing college basketball), he didn't sign with the team who he had been commited to and said he was gonna sign with for months. You just don't ever know which way they're gonna go and then if money and handlers get involved, holy crap!

FISHDAWG
12-16-2020, 12:48 PM

those "dumb" guys are the ones who weren't sold on the 100% committed because of those tweets

Commercecomet24
12-16-2020, 12:48 PM

Agreed, i don't have tweeter or instagram and besides you need a translator to understand the slang that these kids are using.

basedog
12-16-2020, 01:00 PM
Recruiting? It's important but I don't follow or keep up. I just wait and see the product on the field now days.

Percho
12-16-2020, 01:03 PM

j844

confucius say
12-16-2020, 01:08 PM
It was negative. And warranted

Uncle Ruckus
12-16-2020, 01:11 PM
Don’t feel bad, Home I got private messages from some on this board and was told to shut up as well.

Some people.

Same. I knew for a FACT Walley was not coming, but was still PM?d and said I was an uninformed idiot. I don?t pretend to know things, and I don?t have tons of people in the know, so when I say something I know, it means I know.

bulldawg28
12-16-2020, 01:15 PM
I've never played with any player that lied continuously turn out to be any good. He'll cut corners, won't show up, and is not dependable. MJ will end up being a possession WR at Ole Miss. Not concerned at all about his future.

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2020, 01:17 PM
Same. I knew for a FACT Walley was not coming, but was still PM?d and said I was an uninformed idiot. I don?t pretend to know things, and I don?t have tons of people in the know, so when I say something I know, it means I know.

I was just about to ask about him - i'm guessing he signed with Minnesota? That sucks.

yjnkdawg
12-16-2020, 01:20 PM
It's amazing how a few supposedly mature grown adults, on this board and other sports' boards, are just obsessed with what these recruits say on social media and believe every word they say as being the gospel truth. Some of the ones who follow our recruits or current players on social media, and think they can interpret what the recruit or player means by a specific comment or picture, would be better off in finding a hobby. JMO

FISHDAWG
12-16-2020, 01:32 PM
It's amazing how a few supposedly mature grown adults, on this board and other sports' boards, are just obsessed with what these recruits say on social media and believe every word they say as being the gospel truth. Some of the ones who follow our recruits or current players on social media, and think they can interpret what the recruit or player means by a specific comment or picture, would be better off in finding a hobby. JMO

when a player ... take MJ for example, tweets out the 100% committed about a week prior to signing day and then tweets out pics in an OM uniform about 2-3 days later, then I believe an intelligent rational person can pretty much conclude that he was never committed and isn't a sure thing - that is and can be believable.... I PROMISE that our coaching staff is paying very close attention to an 18 yr old's twitter why wouldn't a fan ?

HoopsDawg
12-16-2020, 01:37 PM
when a player ... take MJ for example, tweets out the 100% committed about a week prior to signing day and then tweets out pics in an OM uniform about 2-3 days later, then I believe an intelligent rational person can pretty much conclude that he was never committed and isn't a sure thing - that is and can be believable.... I PROMISE that our coaching staff is paying very close attention to an 18 yr old's twitter why wouldn't a fan ?

We were told not to worry about that b/c MJ retweets everything. Also told that if MJ flips it would be to A&M not Ole Miss.

msstate7
12-16-2020, 01:39 PM
We were told not to worry about that b/c MJ retweets everything. Also told that if MJ flips it would be to A&M not Ole Miss.

Most reports here are what that poster wants to happen

thf24
12-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Again, hindsight is 20/20, but I really don't understand how our experts/media didn't smell this coming from a mile away, all things considered. Or if they did, what was with all the public confidence.

msbulldog
12-16-2020, 01:50 PM
We should have all seen MJ was a deep plant, he was committed to Ole Miss first wasn't he.

Tbonewannabe
12-16-2020, 02:51 PM
I was just about to ask about him - i'm guessing he signed with Minnesota? That sucks.

I am guessing that not getting to visit Minnesota in the winter benefited Minnesota. If he has never been up there then he very well might transfer after one year unless he loves the program.

basedog
12-16-2020, 03:04 PM
I am guessing that not getting to visit Minnesota in the winter benefited Minnesota. If he has never been up there then he very well might transfer after one year unless he loves the program.

Maybe he likes the "Moose Hunts" or Fishing*

Some folks like the cold, if not then way do they live there, asking for a friend*

StateDawg44
12-16-2020, 03:10 PM

This is it and totally doable. But make the most of it. I would imagine there are fewer games to be played taking this option also.

Getting hs commits are crucial and we've got to start winning big battles but these 3 can be replaced by searching the portal digging and waiting on something to shake out. There might be some kids blow up between now and February who got lost in all this shuffle.

It's not the end of the world but a big W would've been nice today. Even if we got 1/3 of the guys we lost. We always knew Nabors and Daniels were shaky. Strong was more the gut punch IMO.

FISHDAWG
12-16-2020, 03:21 PM
Maybe he likes the "Moose Hunts" or Fishing*

Some folks like the cold, if not then way do they live there, asking for a friend*

during the cold months they drink and go bowling ... I was there at the end of March one year and on the radio they were saying they had 3 days above freezing that month and were talking like it was a record. The plane had to be de-iced twice while sitting at the gate and a third time just before turning onto the runway... When my flight left they closed the airport down behind us - I was on the last flight out that late afternoon and felt lucky to get out of there. Would love to go back in the summer and fish tho but NEVER in the winter again - not even to ice-fish

ShotgunDawg
12-16-2020, 03:27 PM
I've never played with any player that lied continuously turn out to be any good. He'll cut corners, won't show up, and is not dependable. MJ will end up being a possession WR at Ole Miss. Not concerned at all about his future.

Best thing I've ever seen you post.

I agree. It's just disappointing that MJ turned out to be that way

HancockCountyDog
12-16-2020, 03:35 PM
Best thing I've ever seen you post.

I agree. It's just disappointing that MJ turned out to be that way

Yeah - but we are ok with Canon Boone doing it to VT?

KOdawg1
12-16-2020, 03:37 PM
Yeah - but we are ok with Canon Boone doing it to VT?

Boone let the VT staff know Monday night that he was signing with us.

bulldawg28
12-16-2020, 04:12 PM
This is it and totally doable. But make the most of it. I would imagine there are fewer games to be played taking this option also.

Getting hs commits are crucial and we've got to start winning big battles but these 3 can be replaced by searching the portal digging and waiting on something to shake out. There might be some kids blow up between now and February who got lost in all this shuffle.

It's not the end of the world but a big W would've been nice today. Even if we got 1/3 of the guys we lost. We always knew Nabors and Daniels were shaky. Strong was more the gut punch IMO.

I agree with Strong. Now the biggest recruiting our coaches need is getting some of these seniors to return and maybe a few that opted out or entered the portal imo.