PDA

View Full Version : Had this thought while we're getting our shit pushed in signing day

starkvegasdawg
12-16-2020, 12:22 PM
It's always been said a defense has the advantage when they can make an offense one dimensional. Isn't the air raid going ahead and doing that for them?

bluelightstar
12-16-2020, 12:26 PM
Yes - this is why everyone who runs the Air Raid has adapted it to bring in more of a running element.

Joebob
12-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Yes - this is why everyone who runs the Air Raid has adapted it to bring in more of a running element.

Totally agree.

R2Dawg
12-16-2020, 12:42 PM
It's always been said a defense has the advantage when they can make an offense one dimensional. Isn't the air raid going ahead and doing that for them?

Yep, we are playing a game of "horse" and just gave ourself an "hors" out of the gates. Brilliant.

CaptainObvious
12-16-2020, 01:20 PM
We just signed a QB who is going to throw 50 balls a game to ?open? spaces. Not to receivers, but to ?open? spaces. Our receivers have a full spring and summer to figure out how to get to this ?open? spaces are going to be so that they get there when the thrown ball does.

It will be the defense?s job to ?control? the opponents offense. But it will be our receivers job to win games!

Cowbell
12-16-2020, 01:52 PM
We just signed a QB who is going to throw 50 balls a game to ?open? spaces. Not to receivers, but to ?open? spaces. Our receivers have a full spring and summer to figure out how to get to this ?open? spaces are going to be so that they get there when the thrown ball does.

It will be the defense?s job to ?control? the opponents offense. But it will be our receivers job to win games!

If that's the case, we are doomed

HoopsDawg
12-16-2020, 02:01 PM
Yes. Adapt or Fail. Leach's choice.

KOdawg1
12-16-2020, 02:06 PM
We run an outdated offense. That's why all of the guys in Leach's coaching tree have adapted it. Leach has and will not, and you see the result

CaptainObvious
12-16-2020, 02:36 PM
I saw the same results this year that Leach has produced at every stop in his first year. Why were you expecting different results? Did you think, ?Oh boy we just got Mike Leach who throws it 80% of the time but since he will be coaching a team put together to run the ball, he is going to run it 60% of the time this first year.????

Come on. You knew he wasn?t going to do that. Cohen wanted something completely different than what we had always done and by golly he went out and got the Guy who does it 100% different 100% of the time. It is a 3 year experiment. Lucky for us, year 1 was a throw away year.

Coach34
12-16-2020, 07:09 PM
We just signed a QB who is going to throw 50 balls a game to ?open? spaces.!

We just signed a QB that may redshirt next year. He wont be in Sville until the Summer. People need to prepare for him to sit a year.

Coach34
12-16-2020, 07:10 PM

This is the correct answer

lastmajordog
12-16-2020, 08:52 PM
The Pirate’s best team was beaten by an om team that played the worst om game I ever saw....but won. I truly hope he turns this team around but I can only hope.

Coach34
12-16-2020, 09:08 PM
The Pirate’s best team was beaten by an om team that played the worst om game I ever saw....but won. I truly hope he turns this team around but I can only hope.

Leach's best team at TT got beat in the Cotton Bowl handily by an 8-4 OM team in 2008
Leach's best team at Wazzou beat 8-4 Iowa State in the Alamo Bowl 28-26

The SEC dont play and will be the ultimate judge

sandwolf
12-17-2020, 04:14 AM
Leach's best team at TT got beat in the Cotton Bowl handily by an 8-4 OM team in 2008

To be fair, OM was really, really good by the end of 2008.

lastmajordog
12-17-2020, 05:32 AM
To be fair, OM was really, really good by the end of 2008.

Yes they were but they had the most flags and turnovers I can ever remember for an om team. The Def pretty much won the game for them if memory serves.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-17-2020, 06:40 AM
We are going to be awful for the next 4-7 years....

Sienfield
12-17-2020, 07:31 AM
Leach's best team at Wazzou beat 8-4 Iowa State in the Alamo Bowl 28-26

The SEC dont play and will be the ultimate judge

That 2008 OM team beat us like 48-0 and we had a coach who was coach of the year in the SEC the previous year.

Santiago
12-17-2020, 07:52 AM
This Missouri game and the bowl game will be interesting. Auburn got in their heads it seemed, and played with intensity against our depleted WR group.
If we were to play in the Armed Services bowl, that would be a really interesting game as far as playing against a good Pac 12 team to see where we are heading into spring practice.

msstate7
12-17-2020, 08:00 AM
This Missouri game and the bowl game will be interesting. Auburn got in their heads it seemed, and played with intensity against our depleted WR group.
If we were to play in the Armed Services bowl, that would be a really interesting game as far as playing against a good Pac 12 team to see where we are heading into spring practice.

This bowl talk feels this college football bizarro world where losing records get the bowls or something.

R2Dawg
12-17-2020, 08:37 PM
That 2008 OM team beat us like 48-0 and we had a coach who was coach of the year in the SEC the previous year.

You certainly can't use that game as a measuring stick. Last game, team had given up, Croom was done, etc. Fact the Croom was coach of year in 07 is irrelevant.

Coach34
12-17-2020, 09:05 PM
we had a coach who was coach of the year in the SEC the previous year.

We went 7-5 in 2007. LSU won the NC and Georgia finished 2nd. Crooms getting the COY was SJW work at its finest