PDA

View Full Version : So is Vegas getting a Chipotle to go along with our 6 other Mexican Restaurants?

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2020, 12:17 AM
https://southbounddevelopment.com/projects/

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2020, 01:20 AM
Can we not get a steak escape? Damn.

Quaoarsking
12-15-2020, 01:30 AM
Jealous. When I was in school, the nearest Chipotle was on Alabama's campus.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2020, 08:34 AM
Can we not get a steak escape? Damn.

I have tried steak escape a few times and have never really liked it. I do enjoy steak and shake.

ZedFedder
12-15-2020, 08:57 AM
We have Chipotle in Oxford, and it is quite tasty. The service has gone down some in quality, though.

Extendedcab
12-15-2020, 10:24 AM
Jealous. When I was in school, the nearest Chipotle was on Alabama's campus.

When I was at MSU, there was no such thing as Chipotle! Burger King, Wendys (new at the time), Captain D's (new at the time), Arby's (new at the time), Taco Bell and Thompson's Steak House on Hwy 82 was about it other than Pizza Hut and if I remember correctly, and a Chinese restaurant. How can I forget, we also had a Shoneys, that's right, it does not get any better than that!

Edit: Sorry, I have tried my best to forget McDonalds!! I get nauseated when I eat there!

Lord McBuckethead
12-15-2020, 10:53 AM
McDonalds, I am not even sure if that qualifies.

Homedawg
12-15-2020, 10:54 AM
That site plan is where petty's is at present for those wondering.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2020, 11:15 AM
So within the next year Starkville will have a Salsaritas, Taco Bell, Mi Hacienda, Casa, La Terraza, Uno Mas, Humble Taco, and a Chipotle. All that on top of two Taco trucks and Two Bros who also serves tacos...…..I think we got enough damn Mexican restaurants. Can we get some freaking variety??

ZedFedder
12-15-2020, 11:26 AM
I will say this, we have Uno Mas in Oxford and it is AMAZING. It isn't your run of the mill Mexican. Its really authentic, and the food is great. Their tacos are some of the best I have ever had.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2020, 11:35 AM
I will say this, we have Uno Mas in Oxford and it is AMAZING. It isn't your run of the mill Mexican. Its really authentic, and the food is great. Their tacos are some of the best I have ever had.

You aren't wrong there. Uno Mas is VERY GOOD. I think it's going to kill it at that location too.

viverlibre
12-15-2020, 11:46 AM
So within the next year Starkville will have a Salsaritas, Taco Bell, Mi Hacienda, Casa, La Terraza, Uno Mas, Humble Taco, and a Chipotle. All that on top of two Taco trucks and Two Bros who also serves tacos...?..I think we got enough damn Mexican restaurants. Can we get some freaking variety??

The new(ish) Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 12 between Bops and the Mexican Restaurant that's been there since the 90s has great margaritas.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2020, 12:32 PM
The new(ish) Mexican Restaurant on Hwy 12 between Bops and the Mexican Restaurant that's been there since the 90s has great margaritas.

I believe you're referring to No Way Jose and while I do agree that their margs are great, that's the only thing remotely great about that place.

State82
12-15-2020, 02:08 PM
On a related note, I just heard Veranda was closing. WTH? That is the last place in Starkville I thought would bite the bullet.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2020, 02:17 PM
On a related note, I just heard Veranda was closing. WTH? That is the last place in Starkville I thought would bite the bullet.

They took a major hit the first time everything shut down from March-May and they never recovered. Sad though, always loved Veranda

starkvegasdawg
12-15-2020, 02:53 PM
They took a major hit the first time everything shut down from March-May and they never recovered. Sad though, always loved Veranda

I never was that crazy about it. Food seemed to be over priced for how good it was. I haven't eaten there in at least ten years.

StarkVegasSteve
12-15-2020, 03:53 PM
I never was that crazy about it. Food seemed to be over priced for how good it was. I haven't eaten there in at least ten years.

Their Sunday Brunch was always very good and reasonably. I will agree that it could be on the pricey side though for a dinner.

Maroonbulldog
12-15-2020, 05:08 PM
And a New Mexican place in front of the theater.

Can?t remember the new name.

FlytheW3
12-15-2020, 05:29 PM