PDA

View Full Version : For you who said coaches would not be fired this this season due to virus....

Jack Lambert
12-14-2020, 01:28 PM
You get a Gold Metal in the "I don't know what the freak I am talking about Olympics."

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2020, 01:31 PM
There were obviously a few schools that entered the season looking for a chance to fire their coach.

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 03:09 PM
Yep Gus and Will were already on the list this year or any year. Covid can't save you at that point, but Covid could have saved Leach as so many have made excuses all year for him due to no spring ball but yet Olemiss achieved as did Ark so what is up?

RougeDawg
12-14-2020, 03:52 PM
Yep Gus and Will were already on the list this year or any year. Covid can't save you at that point, but Covid could have saved Leach as so many have made excuses all year for him due to no spring ball but yet Olemiss achieved as did Ark so what is up?

1st question. Did either of the aforementioned programs do a complete revamp of their offense?

2nd question. If we did not have the WR personnel under the last 2 coaches, what makes one think the same group of WRs would all of a sudden explode on the scene in a pass happy, brand new, offensive scheme?

What?s up is evaluating things objectively. Not irrationally.

Jack Lambert
12-14-2020, 07:14 PM

You really think covid is why Leach isn't fired?

CaptainObvious
12-14-2020, 07:19 PM

I thought I already covered this. ?Achieved? is definitely not what I would call either programs success this year. State failed, but those two teams definitely didn?t ?achieve?. They beat the most beatable.

Coach34
12-14-2020, 07:24 PM
Did we have a bunch of people saying Covid would save everyone? I dont remember reading much of that. It was pretty much standard opinion Covid might be the only thing to save Mason. We all knew Boom's job was on the line. I said multiple times that this was going to be Auburn's chance to get rid of the GusBus because they had to rebuild their entire trench guys.

Dan Wolken was the only one I know that said nobody would be fired this year

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 07:29 PM
1st question. Did either of the aforementioned programs do a complete revamp of their offense?

2nd question. If we did not have the WR personnel under the last 2 coaches, what makes one think the same group of WRs would all of a sudden explode on the scene in a pass happy, brand new, offensive scheme?

What?s up is evaluating things objectively. Not irrationally.

Ha, you think the other schools didn't get new OC and new schemes? His playbook is like 8 plays, even Leach said he can get it in real fast.

We don't have WR good enough? They set an SEC record for a game this year. They are good enough. Bama good, no but good enough to catch a 3 yard pass. If not how come Will can complete 70% of passes? We set school passing records for completions, etc. this year. How did we do that with no WR talent at all? Everyone acts like we have nothing.

Objectively, I just did.

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 07:30 PM
I thought I already covered this. ?Achieved? is definitely not what I would call either programs success this year. State failed, but those two teams definitely didn?t ?achieve?. They beat the most beatable.

Achieve is a relative term. Compared to being last in nation in many O categories with an O genius at the helm. Yeah others achieved compared to us.

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 07:32 PM
You really think covid is why Leach isn't fired?

No, he is here for 3 years even if we don't win a game. I've said that on numerous posts. Sarcasm there and the fact that so many have used that excuse for why we aren't better when other schools had same Covid restrictions yet produced. Also Leach said himself he can put his stuff in quick.

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 07:34 PM
Did we have a bunch of people saying Covid would save everyone? I dont remember reading much of that. It was pretty much standard opinion Covid might be the only thing to save Mason. We all knew Boom's job was on the line. I said multiple times that this was going to be Auburn's chance to get rid of the GusBus because they had to rebuild their entire trench guys.

Dan Wolken was the only one I know that said nobody would be fired this year

Yep only way Covid could save anyone was if 80% of the season was canceled for their school then well you didn't really play. That was what some predicted in summer that we wouldn't even get to really play but we did so game on.

Coach34
12-14-2020, 07:36 PM
Ha, you think the other schools didn't get new OC and new schemes? His playbook is like 8 plays, even Leach said he can get it in real fast.

We don't have WR good enough? They set an SEC record for a game this year. They are good enough. Bama good, no but good enough to catch a 3 yard pass. If not how come Will can complete 70% of passes? We set school passing records for completions, etc. this year. How did we do that with no WR talent at all? Everyone acts like we have nothing.

Objectively, I just did.

Our fans are desperate to cling to the old coach saying "things will get better when my players get in here". Croom said it. Jovester said it. Leach says it. Chad Morris said it. Bielema said it. Mason said it. Boom said it. Derek Dooley said it.

Our guys could torch LSU but Florida and their talent couldnt. We apparently arent that devoid of talent. People will eventually learn just as they did with Crooms and Jovester. Leach's offense in its current form will not work in the SEC no matter who we recruit. Leach will change or he will be run out of the SEC. We shall see

Gutter Cobreh
12-14-2020, 08:37 PM
Our fans are desperate to cling to the old coach saying "things will get better when my players get in here". Croom said it. Jovester said it. Leach says it. Chad Morris said it. Bielema said it. Mason said it. Boom said it. Derek Dooley said it.

Our guys could torch LSU but Florida and their talent couldnt. We apparently arent that devoid of talent. People will eventually learn just as they did with Crooms and Jovester. Leach's offense in its current form will not work in the SEC no matter who we recruit. Leach will change or he will be run out of the SEC. We shall see

So your teams play the same in their first game as they do later in the season?

LSU has talent. It was a rivalry game and they had nothing to lose.

Dan, on the other hand, always loses a game he should win. It happens every year with him.

Regarding Leach, time will tell... he isn't Moorhead is about all I have to say. We at least complete forward passes. That's a step above where we were last year.

defiantdog
12-14-2020, 08:44 PM

Nick Saban said it after going 7-6 his first season at Alabama as well. I think Dabo said something similar after year 3.....

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 08:46 PM

Dan, on the other hand, always loses a game he should win. It happens every year with him.

Regarding Leach, time will tell... he isn't Moorhead is about all I have to say. We at least complete forward passes. That's a step above where we were last year.

I think we are ahead in culture but that is about the only area I can say we are ahead of where we were. Dead last in running the ball aiin't going to cut it. Joe at least had RPO for QB and did run the ball. His passing game sucked but ours has produced a few yards at times but no pts and many games no yards. We ain't better. They don't give trophies for most pass attempts or strikeouts.

Coach34
12-14-2020, 08:59 PM

Some teams get better during the season- some get worse.

LSU-Bama was a rivalry game with LSU having nothing to lose. How did that go? We set a record vs LSU but struggled to get 200 yards on Vandy. So Vandy has talent too?

The lengths people will go to convince themselves of things always amazes me.

RezDog7
12-14-2020, 09:09 PM
Some teams get better during the season- some get worse.

LSU-Bama was a rivalry game with LSU having nothing to lose. How did that go? We set a record vs LSU but struggled to get 200 yards on Vandy. So Vandy has talent too?

The lengths people will go to convince themselves of things always amazes me.

The fact that you completely dismiss the dismissals, opt outs and concussion to our starting QB that happened from game one to now explains a lot about your ignorance. You're only here to say "I told you so" anyway. Leach may not ever get the job done here, but I'm willing to give it another year to see. If nothing else, we should have a little more offensive talent than in the past.

defiantdog
12-14-2020, 09:29 PM
The fact that you completely dismiss the dismissals, opt outs and concussion to our starting QB that happened from game one to now explains a lot about your ignorance. You're only here to say "I told you so" anyway. Leach may not ever get the job done here, but I'm willing to give it another year to see. If nothing else, we should have a little more offensive talent than in the past.

34 hasn't become infamous on message boards because of his positivity and optimism.

BigSlawDawg
12-14-2020, 10:36 PM
No, he is here for 3 years even if we don't win a game. I've said that on numerous posts. Sarcasm there and the fact that so many have used that excuse for why we aren't better when other schools had same Covid restrictions yet produced. Also Leach said himself he can put his stuff in quick.
Congrats on getting your "Coach Speak" cherry popped

Jack Lambert
12-14-2020, 10:48 PM

Sorry I missed the sarcasm.

Cowbell
12-14-2020, 10:57 PM
Some people see players making mistakes while others see players put in a position to increase the possibility of making that mistake or that mistake being more catastrophic. Some people see a lack of talent while others see players not being used to their strengths. The difference in opinion shows the difference in understanding of this game.

BB30
12-15-2020, 09:17 AM

If you think COVID is why Leach isn't getting fired you are completely lost on reality and the reality of our program.

Cooterpoot
12-15-2020, 09:56 AM
Well, SC hired a TE coach. AU could be hiring a guy without proven HC experience too. Have to wait and see. That big money AU is about to drop is crazy!!! Blowing their cheating money on a coach.

Coach34
12-15-2020, 01:44 PM
The fact that you completely dismiss the dismissals, opt outs and concussion to our starting QB that happened from game one to now explains a lot about your ignorance. .

But this has happened to everyone- not just us. Vandy has a girl playing for them its been so bad. We'll see what next year brings. It will be interesting to say the least

Jack Lambert
12-15-2020, 02:41 PM
But this has happened to everyone- not just us. Vandy has a girl playing for them its been so bad. We'll see what next year brings. It will be interesting to say the least

I am curious to see how many nation wide inters the transfer portal and how many we end up with.

lastmajordog
12-15-2020, 02:51 PM
del

Dogbone
12-15-2020, 03:04 PM
I am curious to see how many nation wide inters the transfer portal and how many we end up with.

Hoping we can pick up a couple from Auburn.

R2Dawg
12-15-2020, 03:07 PM
If you think COVID is why Leach isn't getting fired you are completely lost on reality and the reality of our program.

You have misunderstood my post, I've explained this many times. I am in complete touch of reality of our program. Comment was in reaction of other posters constantly making the excuse due to Covid not that I think Covid saved Leach. Yes I know what I posted it was sarcasm for those that can't discern that. I'll say again, Leach has 3 years regardless for the hundredth time.

R2Dawg
12-15-2020, 03:10 PM
Some people see players making mistakes while others see players put in a position to increase the possibility of making that mistake or that mistake being more catastrophic. Some people see a lack of talent while others see players not being used to their strengths. The difference in opinion shows the difference in understanding of this game.

The fact is it isn't either or it is both. Coaches have to put players in best position to win the play and the game. Players have to execute. In both there is a check and balance. Ultimately though it is the HC responsibility to win games in whatever form it takes. If the guy he is playing can't execute then HC has to either fix it or put the one in that can or change what he is doing so player can execute and be successful.

HC and then drop down accountability down the line. It is really easy.

RezDog7
12-15-2020, 03:25 PM
The fact is it isn't either or it is both. Coaches have to put players in best position to win the play and the game. Players have to execute. In both there is a check and balance. Ultimately though it is the HC responsibility to win games in whatever form it takes. If the guy he is playing can't execute then HC has to either fix it or put the one in that can or change what he is doing so player can execute and be successful.

HC and then drop down accountability down the line. It is really easy.

I'm in agreement with you on this. I was at the game Saturday and watched that putrid offense. I saw guys open but not thrown the ball, or drop it, or QB hit because line didn't block. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle. Just not ready to say this will or won't work.

Maroonthirteen
12-15-2020, 08:54 PM
Well, SC hired a TE coach. AU could be hiring a guy without proven HC experience too. Have to wait and see. That big money AU is about to drop is crazy!!! Blowing their cheating money on a coach.

This is what I'm saying.

Technically OP is right. Coaches were fired this season. But so far..... no school has made a power move with their fire/hire. SC and Vandy could have just kept their guys and been as well off.

We shall see what Auburn does.

Maroonthirteen
12-15-2020, 09:01 PM
I just want to say regarding the players have to execute excuse........ if players had executed better in 2018, Moorhead would have coached MSU to a 10 win season for only the 4th season in MSU history.

MSU would have finished 10-3 tying the 2014 season.