PDA

View Full Version : Saints

LC Dawg
12-13-2020, 06:58 PM
Anyone watching Saints-Eagles? Philly started out strong and broke a couple of long runs but Saints have closed to 17-14 early in the 4th. Philly has lost both their corners - one is Slay.
Saints really need this one because I saw earlier that Brees may not be back next week for KC.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 07:18 PM
Saints aren't winning anything. They'll have to go to Green Bay at some point in the playoffs. And Hill isn't good in that offense. They better start looking for a future QB.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 07:21 PM
Lutz has become a head case too.

VandelayIndustries
12-13-2020, 07:51 PM
One of those classic head scratching losses that hurts seeding, need Brees back soon.

msstate7
12-13-2020, 07:55 PM
Taysom is a gadget qb, and Sean is trying to use him too much as a pocket qb.

Defense was due a bad game after being completely suffocating for over a month.

I think the saints will be fine in playoffs if drew is relatively healthy. Won't win anything with taysom in the playoffs or next year or the year after. I'll just chalk these last few games up as a dress rehearsal for the future; in my eyes, taysom failed.

CaptainObvious
12-13-2020, 09:03 PM
This thing with Taysom Hill is a money thing, no more, no less. They weren?t going to play Crablegs when the signed him and they weren?t going to go spend millions on a rent-a-QB. What they have gotten out of Hill is gravy on Chicken Dressing. Ownership will take a few playoff games, but will lose less money with a quick exit.

TALL DAWG
12-13-2020, 10:40 PM
This thing with Taysom Hill is a money thing, no more, no less. They weren?t going to play Crablegs when the signed him and they weren?t going to go spend millions on a rent-a-QB. What they have gotten out of Hill is gravy on Chicken Dressing. Ownership will take a few playoff games, but will lose less money with a quick exit.

Coaching was 100% AWFUL the 2 drives BEFORE Saints scored the last TD. They should?ve punted when it was 4th and 2 at around the Eagles 44 yd line, when they were only down by 3, and tried to pin them inside the 10 with like 8-9 minutes left. They hadn?t scored the entire 2nd half at that point.
Saints didn?t make the 4th down play and Eagles drove down and scored.

Then, after Eagles went up by 10 with like 6-7 minutes left, Saints never got in a hurry on offense. They should?ve been going fast at that point. #MadeNoSense.
Bad coaching on both drives.

msstate7
12-13-2020, 10:44 PM
Coaching was 100% AWFUL the 2 drives BEFORE Saints scored the last TD. They should?ve punted when it was 4th and 2 at around the Eagles 44 yd line, when they were only down by 3, and tried to pin them inside the 10 with like 8-9 minutes left. They hadn?t scored the entire 2nd half at that point.
Saints didn?t make the 4th down play and Eagles drove down and scored.

Then, after Eagles went up by 10 with like 6-7 minutes left, Saints never got in a hurry on offense. They should?ve been going fast at that point. #MadeNoSense.
Bad coaching on both drives.

I agree.

I think the no hurry up is bc of taysom's limitations though. All us saints fans just say a prayer for a speedy recovery for drew

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-14-2020, 01:49 AM
Dak to New Orleans makes a lot of sense. I just don?t see Dak getting what he wants and if they wanna franchise him again. Your looking at 38 mil. Dallas has a ton of problems to fix.

TALL DAWG
12-14-2020, 09:36 AM
Dak to New Orleans makes a lot of sense. I just don?t see Dak getting what he wants and if they wanna franchise him again. Your looking at 38 mil. Dallas has a ton of problems to fix.

We can dream BIG here.
Would be a perfect fit so long as Sean Payton remains as coach.

vv83
12-14-2020, 11:59 AM

I don't think it makes sense.. where would the money come from? Saints are $95 mil over the 2021 salary cap which could possibly even shrink next year. You get rid of Drew and thats about 22 off the books.. Where are they coming up with 73 mil to get under the cap, and then more to sign Dak?

msstate7
12-14-2020, 12:18 PM
I don't think it makes sense.. where would the money come from? Saints are $95 mil over the 2021 salary cap which could possibly even shrink next year. You get rid of Drew and thats about 22 off the books.. Where are they coming up with 73 mil to get under the cap, and then more to sign Dak?

It's not happening. Not sure why this keeps coming up. Saints are worried about re-signing Ramczyk, lattimore, Marcus Williams, and Hendrickson.

Homedawg
12-14-2020, 12:35 PM

This has been covered over and over. the saints don't have enough cap room to sign dak.

DAWGS1
12-15-2020, 10:56 AM
As someone said, this is a BAD loss because we now are tied with GB and they have the tiebreaker over us due to the head to head W.
We also have KC next week which was going to be tough even with Brees but now with the possibility of him being out it?s even tougher.
GB schedule sets up for them going 13-3. and the Saints having to play their in very possible below freezing temps for the NFC Championship.

Jack Lambert
12-15-2020, 11:12 AM
Hill is going to be the QB when Breeze is gone. You all act like he hasn't lost a big game to a lesser opponent. It's the NFL. Any team can beat another team.

Joebob
12-15-2020, 11:53 AM
This has been covered over and over. the saints don't have enough cap room to sign dak.

Besides, JerryJones is not letting Dak go, no matter how many problems he could fix by doing so. He's just not that kind of football guy.