PDA

View Full Version : Post AU

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 03:53 PM
I have seen a few ass whippings in my life. But I have hardly ever seen one like our WRs took last night. This was not a prevent or drop 8 like the experts here want you to believe. They punched our perimeter guys in the throat and got in their heads. Only ones with any dog in them are 31 and 85. The rest are the worst skill
players in the conference. Yes that includes 4 as well. He is pulling the Kylin hill. Drop it and he is hurt. I have seen enough of him. We could not block them nor catch the ball. That is where we lost the game.

They were so physical with us it threw our routes off by yards. Screwed the timing to hell. Will had some late throws and missed a sure TD to Tulu. That did Not help but he played well enough to win the game. He had several dimes that were dropped by 4 11 and 5

They kicked our ass on the perimeter on defense as well. They blocked us and won on a fade vs our best corner who was so busy running his mouth he forgot how to play man coverage. It was not awful coverage but he got beat and they let him know about it. Overall I thought the safeties were a lot better but they are still not SEC ready. They will be better next year with Dean and Peters back. MJ Daniels could start day 1.

The officials were bad. Both sides. Calling their hit on marks off but saying Spencer targeted their RB while he is being carted off is a shame and if I am that kids Dad I am finding out who made that call.

2 weeks in a row we lost on execution. No one to blame but ourselves. Leach has got to get some WRs in that will fight and can make plays . We are running an air raid with 2 decent WRs. Simple as that.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 03:57 PM
Also, 14 and 2 on defense played like shit. Arnett put them in good spots and they allowed 4 to bounce it out where they should be all night. That is on them not the staff. Arnett had a good plan. All the hooplah made about Davis and Wheat coming back, we allowed Nix out of the pocket regularly and he made 2 look stupid on one TD. If you are wheat you have to make that tackle and if you miss you have to make him go inside not let him back out. Terrible execution at the worst time. I cannot recall Davis making a huge play but I did not see any huge mistakes either.

DEDawg
12-13-2020, 04:15 PM
This is like the third time I?ve seen a poster blame Heath for being injured. Why are we doing this? He was hurt in the egg bowl and tried playing through it and couldn?t. Just weird we say a player sucks and is faking being hurt when he drops passes, when we know he really does have a bad hamstring

Commercecomet24
12-13-2020, 04:21 PM
Also, 14 and 2 on defense played like shit. Arnett put them in good spots and they allowed 4 to bounce it out where they should be all night. That is on them not the staff. Arnett had a good plan. All the hooplah made about Davis and Wheat coming back, we allowed Nix out of the pocket regularly and he made 2 look stupid on one TD. If you are wheat you have to make that tackle and if you miss you have to make him go inside not let him back out. Terrible execution at the worst time. I cannot recall Davis making a huge play but I did not see any huge mistakes either.

Man I screamed the whole night about us losing outside leverage time and time again. On their outside runs we didn't set the edge and we couldn't stay on nix outside shoulder to keep him
from escaping. Yeah our edge defenders didn't play well at all last night and we haven't played that poorly all year.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 04:27 PM
This is like the third time I?ve seen a poster blame Heath for being injured. Why are we doing this? He was hurt in the egg bowl and tried playing through it and couldn?t. Just weird we say a player sucks and is faking being hurt when he drops passes, when we know he really does have a bad hamstring

I guess it is just a coincidence he only grabbed it after 2 drops but was throwing his hands in the air wanting the ball mostly every other snap

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 04:28 PM
Man I screamed the whole night about us losing outside leverage time and time again. On their outside runs we didn't set the edge and we couldn't stay on nix outside shoulder to keep him
from escaping. Yeah our edge defenders didn't play well at all last night and we haven't played that poorly all year.

Our corners are too small. Need the weight room bad. 13 is not crazy about tackling either. He has had some WTF moments

Commercecomet24
12-13-2020, 04:34 PM
Our corners are too small. Need the weight room bad. 13 is not crazy about tackling either. He has had some WTF moments

Agree on that too.

RougeDawg
12-13-2020, 04:49 PM
Wasn?t going to post this last night but Heath was running his damn mouth at auburn players most of the warmups. He was talkin shit to them. The younger receivers were just sitting there, doing their jobs.

On a side note, ran into Dillon Johnson after the game at the hotel. Was with his family. Told him good game and keep working hard. It will come. He was very respectful and a nice young man. His family as well. Hopefully this young group will keep getting better and work hard.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Wasn?t going to post this last night but Heath was running his damn mouth at auburn players most of the warmups. He was talkin shit to them. The younger receivers were just sitting there, doing their jobs.

On a side note, ran into Dillon Johnson after the game at the hotel. Was with his family. Told him good game and keep working hard. It will come. He was very respectful and a nice young man. His family as well. Hopefully this young group will keep getting better and with hard.

He has been that way since HS. From all accounts he is a really likeable kid but he has got to grow up. I wonder all the time why 11 does not play over 5. Then you see last night

PendingTransaction
12-13-2020, 05:02 PM
I have seen a few ass whippings in my life. But I have hardly ever seen one like our WRs took last night. This was not a prevent or drop 8 like the experts here want you to believe. They punched our perimeter guys in the throat and got in their heads. Only ones with any dog in them are 31 and 85. The rest are the worst skill
players in the conference. Yes that includes 4 as well. He is pulling the Kylin hill. Drop it and he is hurt. I have seen enough of him. We could not block them nor catch the ball. That is where we lost the game.

They were so physical with us it threw our routes off by yards. Screwed the timing to hell. Will had some late throws and missed a sure TD to Tulu. That did Not help but he played well enough to win the game. He had several dimes that were dropped by 4 11 and 5

They kicked our ass on the perimeter on defense as well. They blocked us and won on a fade vs our best corner who was so busy running his mouth he forgot how to play man coverage. It was not awful coverage but he got beat and they let him know about it. Overall I thought the safeties were a lot better but they are still not SEC ready. They will be better next year with Dean and Peters back. MJ Daniels could start day 1.

The officials were bad. Both sides. Calling their hit on marks off but saying Spencer targeted their RB while he is being carted off is a shame and if I am that kids Dad I am finding out who made that call.

2 weeks in a row we lost on execution. No one to blame but ourselves. Leach has got to get some WRs in that will fight and can make plays . We are running an air raid with 2 decent WRs. Simple as that.

Don't worry Leach has WRs coming in next year who can catch a bb in the dark!!!! We've never had WRs of the like in the history of MSU. Next year no of our current guys will touch the field.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2020, 05:13 PM
This is like the third time I?ve seen a poster blame Heath g

Anything to protect Leach. Some folks have to convince themselves this will be fixed in recruiting.

chef dixon
12-13-2020, 05:30 PM
Our corners are the least of our problems. And that includes "13." They've both been really solid all year, especially considering how young they are. Did Rogers play well enough to win? That's debatable. His interceptions were bad and he went down easier than we need our QB to in this league. He's a freshman so obviously a lot of room to improve but you can say he played poorly, it'll be ok.

AROB44
12-13-2020, 05:41 PM
Receivers need to learn to block better too.

defiantdog
12-13-2020, 05:53 PM
Receivers need to learn to block better too.
Walley will pick it up. He missed a few big block yesterday. I love how people expect true freshmen to be world beaters. Even Najee Harris had limited play as a freshmen.

Dogbone
12-13-2020, 06:00 PM
Anything to protect Leach. Some folks have to convince themselves this will be fixed in recruiting.

I don't think anyone is trying to protect Leach, just voicing their opinion like you're doing.

chef dixon
12-13-2020, 06:12 PM
Walley will pick it up. He missed a few big block yesterday. I love how people expect true freshmen to be world beaters. Even Najee Harris had limited play as a freshmen.

That's one of the big things. Our offensive skill positions are littered with true freshmen. That pretty much never happens.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 06:14 PM
Our corners are the least of our problems. And that includes "13." They've both been really solid all year, especially considering how young they are. Did Rogers play well enough to win? That's debatable. His interceptions were bad and he went down easier than we need our QB to in this league. He's a freshman so obviously a lot of room to improve but you can say he played poorly, it'll be ok.

I hope he has learned by now that a jump ball to 5 is gonna be a pick bc he has no dog in him. Both INTS were to 5. 2 played well enough to win. As I said.

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 06:15 PM

He will get better no doubt. He is learning and he will get bigger and stronger. He will break every receiving record we have

BuckyIsAB****
12-13-2020, 06:15 PM
That's one of the big things. Our offensive skill positions are littered with true freshmen. That pretty much never happens.

We have freshmen and all the others have been bad for about 4 years now

bulldawg28
12-13-2020, 06:20 PM
The Qb was also terrible last night.....The end.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 06:50 PM

yeah. great post. Worst skill position players in the conference, outside Vandy, but they don't count.

Commercecomet24
12-13-2020, 06:52 PM

On a side note, ran into Dillon Johnson after the game at the hotel. Was with his family. Told him good game and keep working hard. It will come. He was very respectful and a nice young man. His family as well. Hopefully this young group will keep getting better and work hard.

Dillons a great young man and a hard worker. He will get better. And I have hope for the freshmen as well.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 06:55 PM
Don't worry Leach has WRs coming in next year who can catch a bb in the dark!!!! We've never had WRs of the like in the history of MSU. Next year no of our current guys will touch the field.

We better hope.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 06:57 PM
I hope he has learned by now that a jump ball to 5 is gonna be a pick bc he has no dog in him. Both INTS were to 5. 2 played well enough to win. As I said.

2 is a solid player, but his arm has to get stronger & he's got to put on some weight. Again, solid player but isn't dynamic enough to make something happen right now when things aren't perfect

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 06:58 PM
The Qb was also terrible last night.....The end.

This guys apparently didn't watch the game.

Will didn't play great, but on a list of 10 things wrong with this team, he's about 7 or 8 down the list

HoopsDawg
12-13-2020, 07:13 PM
2 is a solid player, but his arm has to get stronger & he's got to put on some weight. Again, solid player but isn't dynamic enough to make something happen right now when things aren't perfect

with the way these defenses are playing us cover 2, etc, it's going to take a QB with a cannon to complete a decent percentage of deep balls.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 07:18 PM
with the way these defenses are playing us cover 2, etc, it's going to take a QB with a cannon to complete a decent percentage of deep balls.

I'm not even talking so much about deep balls. I'm talking about the ball getting to the WRs faster & off balance throws having more zip on them.

bulldawg28
12-13-2020, 07:42 PM

Will didn't play great, but on a list of 10 things wrong with this team, he's about 7 or 8 down the list

Did you watch the game? He was subpar at best

KOdawg1
12-13-2020, 08:13 PM

I'd say he's at about 4 or 5. He's not our biggest problem, but there were several instances where we had a WR wide ass open and Will didn't see him because he was keeping everything right in front of him. Hopefully that gets better with experience, but he missed two TD passes where the WR could've walked in. One to Heath, the other to Tulu. He also doesn't have the arm strength I would like. Everything looks like a lob. He's going to have to work his ass off to avoid Sawyer beating him out.

KOdawg1
12-13-2020, 08:15 PM
Dillon Johnson needs to play more than Marks. Johnson at least makes the defenders work to get him down. Marks goes down if the wind blows hard enough. He needed a year in the weight room, but thanks Kylin

msstate7

Shogun spent half the game thread saying will sucks, and today, will is back to the savior. Shotgun flip flops constantly

Coach34
Until there is some kind of running threat that at least allows us to incorporate some play action- this offense isnt going to work in the SEC. It doesnt matter who we recruit.

Dogbone
12-13-2020, 08:19 PM
I'd say he's at about 4 or 5. He's not our biggest problem, but there were several instances where we had a WR wide ass open and Will didn't see him because he was keeping everything right in front of him. Hopefully that gets better with experience, but he missed two TD passes where the WR could've walked in. One to Heath, the other to Tulu. He also doesn't have the arm strength I would like. Everything looks like a lob. He's going to have to work his ass off to avoid Sawyer beating him out.

I know there's a BIG difference between high school and an SEC defense but Sawyer has a cannon. Again, I know it's high school but he reads the defense and sees the field so well. I think we're in for a real treat with this guy.

KOdawg1
12-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Until there is some kind of running threat that at least allows us to incorporate some play action- this offense isnt going to work in the SEC. It doesnt matter who we recruit.

I've said this since the Kentucky game. But I keep being fed excuses about not having the right players, Covid, freshmen, first year, yada yada.

But I completely agree. This current form of the pure air raid is never going to work. Leach's former assistants and players who have gone on to be head coaches (Klingsbury, Lincoln Riley, Heupel) run air raid concepts with the presence of a running threat and play action. The offense we're running is outdated.

Dogbone
12-13-2020, 08:30 PM
I've said this since the Kentucky game. But I keep being fed excuses about not having the right players, Covid, freshmen, first year, yada yada.

But I completely agree. This current form of the pure air raid is never going to work. Leach's former assistants and players who have gone on to be head coaches (Klingsbury, Lincoln Riley, Heupel) run air raid concepts with the presence of a running threat and play action. The offense we're running is outdated.

Completely agree, I firmly believe Leach is going to have several index cards next year instead of one. I think he knows this is the Big Time and he's going to prove to himself and everyone else he can succeed here.

Coach34
12-13-2020, 08:35 PM

Exactly. We struggled to move the ball on Vandy and Mississippi. We have more talent on offense than they do on D. The 2020 Mississippi defense is one of the worst SEC defenses in the last 20 years. They were giving up 40 per before us- we scored 24. Kentucky with their one-dimensional run offense put 41 on them. We may add some talent for next year- but it wont change how ridiculous the offense is. Teams will still pass drop and then come up to tackle on runs and dump downs.

Leach will have to change to make this work

bluelightstar
12-13-2020, 08:57 PM

This. People wonder why our offensive line struggles to pass block when these SEC defensive lines are rushing the passer every snap and totally ignoring any threat of a run game.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-14-2020, 02:03 AM
You can?t be dead last in rushing and expect the passing game to be worth a flip.

BuckyIsAB****
12-14-2020, 06:32 AM

He?s about 205 right now. Leach aint gonna let him get much bigger than 220ish.

His Arm is fine. He has to learn to never throw a 1on1 to 5. Waste of time and a likely pick

FISHDAWG
12-14-2020, 08:58 AM

I agree Will has had better games but this too is part of his development as was for most of the team ... There's plenty of room for blame across the entire spectrum but we ARE in a rebuild when everyone here originally thought we weren't. Players are going to have off games but Will is in there to replace a 5th year Senior at the most critical position on a football team - True Freshman is usually < 5th year Senior but not in this case so let's at least acknowledge we have a good future with this guy and appreciate him giving what he's got because he will only get better - I can see it in him as most other folks can

FISHDAWG
12-14-2020, 09:05 AM
You can?t be dead last in rushing and expect the passing game to be worth a flip.

this ... so simple but yet so profound.

FISHDAWG
12-14-2020, 09:11 AM
He?s about 205 right now. Leach aint gonna let him get much bigger than 220ish.

His Arm is fine. He has to learn to never throw a 1on1 to 5. Waste of time and a likely pick

I like Will's ability to evade but yes he needs to add some arm strength and that will happen just as it does to most folks ... several plays the ball was kinda lobbed instead of thrown, maybe that was more execution than lack of strength. I will say the last Hail Mary he threw against OM looked like he heaved it pretty good

Captain Falcon
12-14-2020, 02:49 PM

It's not so much that we're dead last in rushing, it's that we are BY FAR dead last in rushing. Leach won 11 games two years ago with a team that only averaged 79 rushing yards a game. But we aren't even averaging 25 yards a game. Not just last in the country this year, last by a lot.

This is probably the worst offense that Leach will have here, and I don't have a problem with us being a pass first offense, but you can't be a pass only offense. It puts too much on the shoulders of your QB, and increases the likelihood of you having big, back-breaking mistakes.

Now, all that being said, we aren't even averaging 4 yards a carry when you remove sacks, so it's not like we have run the ball successfully when we have tried. It's obvious that our OL and RB's need to get stronger in the offseason, and we could probably use more innovation in the running game as well. I liked the pitch plays that we were running mid-season, but you haven't seen much of them the last few weeks.

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 03:04 PM
It's not so much that we're dead last in rushing, it's that we are BY FAR dead last in rushing. Leach won 11 games two years ago with a team that only averaged 79 rushing yards a game. But we aren't even averaging 25 yards a game. Not just last in the country this year, last by a lot.

This is probably the worst offense that Leach will have here, and I don't have a problem with us being a pass first offense, but you can't be a pass only offense. It puts too much on the shoulders of your QB, and increases the likelihood of you having big, back-breaking mistakes.

Now, all that being said, we aren't even averaging 4 yards a carry when you remove sacks, so it's not like we have run the ball successfully when we have tried. It's obvious that our OL and RB's need to get stronger in the offseason, and we could probably use more innovation in the running game as well. I liked the pitch plays that we were running mid-season, but you haven't seen much of them the last few weeks.

Agree on your basic point of run/pass. We are not great at running because guess what, there is no emphasis on being good or even average at it. We don't practice it. You are not going to be good at something you don't emphasize and don't practice.

No one needs to say we don't have players to run. MSU has always had the players to run the ball. It is all coaching on not running and play calling, etc. He don't and won't run the ball, period. He had rather lose than run the ball or get creative trying to have balance. Plain and simple.

Two disaster hires in a row on your main job, Cohen has to go first before next football hire. No one would survive being this bad at your primary job.

tcdog70
12-14-2020, 03:21 PM

the experts on this Board informed me that Brownlee and Drummond weren't any good but Heath was the real deal. Heath and Osirus are afraid and half-ass. for sure aren't 50-50 guys.

Captain Falcon
12-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Agree on your basic point of run/pass. We are not great at running because guess what, there is no emphasis on being good or even average at it. We don't practice it. You are not going to be good at something you don't emphasize and don't practice.

No one needs to say we don't have players to run. MSU has always had the players to run the ball. It is all coaching on not running and play calling, etc. He don't and won't run the ball, period. He had rather lose than run the ball or get creative trying to have balance. Plain and simple.

Two disaster hires in a row on your main job, Cohen has to go first before next football hire. No one would survive being this bad at your primary job.

If this ends up being a disaster I will agree with you. Don't feel like we can definitively say we are there yet. Whether or not you think its headed that way is merely a matter of opinion at the moment, there are valid cases to be made in both directions.

coachnorm
12-14-2020, 07:32 PM

I believe that your statement has much credibility. Running an offense with air raid concepts and not pure air raid is different. The days of scheme offenses winning something are over, match-up passing is the new evolution. Techniques for match-up route running are different than running step count geometry scheme with the coach playing the game and not the great talent you might have. If anyone on ED was to YouTube a game and audit the passing circumstances, it will be seen that single component match up passes are winning the games and not a scheme in the coaches head. What is in the play callers head may not be in the players head. Many times the QB has pre snap read the defense and decided his receiver. The receiver wins leverage and is more dominant than the defender. Practice time is used to teach domination?

R2Dawg
12-14-2020, 07:39 PM
If this ends up being a disaster I will agree with you. Don't feel like we can definitively say we are there yet. Whether or not you think its headed that way is merely a matter of opinion at the moment, there are valid cases to be made in both directions.

I agree. I'll say I am hoping things turn but my gut feels just like it did with Croom and Moorhead. Had totally the opposite with Jackie and Mullen. So there is 30 years of early game opinion and judgment but I agree the jury ain't closed yet but the opening arguments are pretty convicting on Leach. We'll see.

Jacknut
12-14-2020, 08:09 PM

it all goes back to the offensive (and they are offensive) line play. I saw one literally get knocked backwards on his ass vs. Auburn.

Cowbell
12-14-2020, 11:14 PM
Will repeatedly taking sacks was huge in the game Saturday. Some people would say this is on Will. Some would put it on the o-line. I will say it's because we are one dimensional, defenders pass rush every play, and we have no built in play action or rolling out of the pocket for the QB. As 34 said above. And this offense might as well punt once they have a big negative play.