12-13-2020, 02:25 PM
Guess they weren?t impressed with that impressive win last night

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-13-2020, 02:29 PM
Who will they get? Gotta think they will go for a big name

Dawgface
12-13-2020, 02:32 PM
Who will they get? Gotta think they will go for a big name

You know who. He currently coaches at Liberty.

parabrave
12-13-2020, 02:39 PM
Freeze already checking out Auburn Churches/ And ATL hotspots

defiantdog
12-13-2020, 02:40 PM
You know who. He currently coaches at Liberty.
I wonder if he brings Malik Willis back to auburn with him

NCDawg
12-13-2020, 02:42 PM

No, they think they should have beaten us much worse, as bad as we are. Definitely a fireable offense.

RougeDawg
12-13-2020, 02:48 PM
Auburn has been looking for an excuse for years. They used Covid.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2020, 02:48 PM
Dear Auburn,

You have a buyout to pay. So do we. Let's trade coaches and call it good.

Maroonthirteen
12-13-2020, 02:51 PM
Hey Mrs. Leach,

Columbus, GA has more shopping than Columbus, MS.

Mikey, that's a shorter flight to key West.

Just saying.

99jc
12-13-2020, 02:54 PM
Freeze already checking out Auburn Churches/ And ATL hotspots

I just saw a new tinder account in Aubarn called freezus freshwater

MetEdDawg
12-13-2020, 02:55 PM
My Auburn folks said this was done after the South Carolina game. They were concerned during the Texas A&M he was going to win his job back.

I would look for Bob Stoops and Freeze to be the primary names. But my Auburn folks are saying it's already done and the hire has been made.

Indndawg
12-13-2020, 02:56 PM

anyday

parabrave
12-13-2020, 02:58 PM
Hey Mrs. Leach,

Columbus, GA has more shopping than Columbus, MS.

Mikey, that's a shorter flight to key West.

Just saying.

Freeze might be seen strolling down Victory Drive some nights.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2020, 03:06 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Freeze. He and Auburn together will be a windfall the likes even Joel Osteen hasn't seen.**

HoopsDawg
12-13-2020, 03:10 PM
I'd be surprised if it wasn't Freeze. He and Auburn together will be a windfall the likes even Joel Osteen hasn't seen.**

Recruits all over the South are about to get paid!! Freeze at AU is probably not good for us or Ole Miss. He will pick 2 or 3 of the top players every year.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 03:10 PM
Auburn burning close to $30M when they have a winning record. We just happy Vandy didn't beat us. SMH

bobcat91
12-13-2020, 03:14 PM
Auburn frontrunner is Oregon Coach Cristobal

parabrave
12-13-2020, 03:17 PM
Recruits all over the South are about to get paid!! Freeze at AU is probably not good for us or Ole Miss. He will pick 2 or 3 of the top players every year.

Alot of families about to have nice new decks with the best grills money can buy.

SteelCurtain74
12-13-2020, 03:27 PM
Auburn frontrunner is Oregon Coach Cristobal

If that's true, I guess we would get to go up against JoeMo next year.

defiantdog
12-13-2020, 03:29 PM
Auburn burning close to $30M when they have a winning record. We just happy Vandy didn't beat us. SMH

Raymond Harbert can pick $30M out of his pocket.

yjnkdawg
12-13-2020, 04:30 PM
Freeze really embarrassed the SEC Office back then. So I am not sure the SEC Office is ready for the return of Freeze back to the SEC, nor that Auburn would get their office's blessings on a Freeze hire. I still don't think the SEC Office could prevent a Freeze hire by Auburn, but if it didn't want Freeze back in the SEC, I think they could make it very tough on the Auburn football program, by closely scrutinizing it, etc.. If for some reason the SEC Office would endorse a Freeze hire then Bama would be PO'd because Saban was looking to hire Freeze in some capacity on his staff, back when the SEC Office told Bama, that would not be in the best interests of the University to pursue that.

calidawg
12-13-2020, 04:35 PM
Auburn only did this because freeze is already on board. Freeze is the only option and if it falls through auburn will look like complete idiots. Which of course I hope happens.

TNDawg35
12-13-2020, 04:40 PM
Auburn only did this because freeze is already on board. Freeze is the only option and if it falls through auburn will look like complete idiots. Which of course I hope happens.

Only thing that’s gonna stop Hugh to the Plains is Hugh to Rocky Top...

msstatelp1
My Auburn folks said this was done after the South Carolina game. They were concerned during the Texas A&M he was going to win his job back.

I would look for Bob Stoops and Freeze to be the primary names. But my Auburn folks are saying it's already done and the hire has been made.

There were a few rumors on some boards this week that this was the case at least as far as Gus being canned.

Cooterpoot
Freeze is clear to go anywhere. SEC has said so.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-13-2020, 04:49 PM
You gotta think they have someone ready to go. Signing day is Wed

Dawgfan77
12-13-2020, 04:50 PM
Lane Train on list as well

Fader21
12-13-2020, 04:50 PM
I just saw a new tinder account in Aubarn called freezus freshwater

Are you a male checking out male tinder profiles? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

BeardoMSU
12-13-2020, 04:59 PM
Lane Train on list as well

What would be hilarious, is if Freeze goes somewhere else (like a Penn State, or something like that), and Auburn has to go further down their list, and they actually do pull Lane away from OM....them being pine-boxed in the ass twice by Auburn would be delicious.

TNDawg35
12-13-2020, 05:41 PM
What would be hilarious, is if Freeze goes somewhere else (like a Penn State, or something like that), and Auburn has to go further down their list, and they actually do pull Lane away from OM....them being pine-boxed in the ass twice by Auburn would be delicious.

Ole Miss is already spinning it saying it’s ok
If he leaves cause they will just go get Napier, which is who they wanted all along apparently...***

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 07:02 PM

We fired Joe last year after winning the Egg Bowl.

You know when you know & it's much easier to fire Malzahn after 7-8 years when you know he's peaked & had every opportunity to build his program. What they did to Malzahn is nothing close to what it's like to fire a coach in his 1st or 2nd year

TNDawg35
12-13-2020, 07:14 PM
If I’m Saban, I’m on the phone right now Calling Gus and offering him an “offensive analyst” spot. Satk may very well get a head job somewhere then you let Gus be the OC.

Dang Auburn fans would go nuts...

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 07:18 PM
If I’m Saban, I’m on the phone right now Calling Gus and offering him an “offensive analyst” spot. Satk may very well get a head job somewhere then you let Gus be the OC.

I can't imagine Bama regressing to running Malzahn's offense. That's an awful fit

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 07:27 PM
We fired Joe last year after winning the Egg Bowl.

You know when you know & it's much easier to fire Malzahn after 7-8 years when you know he's peaked & had every opportunity to build his program. What they did to Malzahn is nothing close to what it's like to fire a coach in his 1st or 2nd year

They have to pay him $21M. They'll pay their next coach over $5M plus staff. We would never touch that. He'd be here forever averaging the wins he did at AU.

MetEdDawg
12-13-2020, 07:32 PM

Malzahn will get another P5 job I think. At worst he gets another G5 job.

I could see Bill Clark moving into a bigger job (he won his division again this year in CUSA) and Malzahn getting a look at UAB. Illinois and Arizona could be landing spots as well. Few more jobs may open up over the next two weeks.

msbulldog
12-13-2020, 07:48 PM
If that's true, I guess we would get to go up against JoeMo next year.

On the Oregon board somebody speculated JoMo or somebody else promoted from within.

Dawgfan77
12-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Being told Kiffin has interest

Randolph Dupree
12-13-2020, 07:59 PM
Don't be surprised if the Lane train makes a stop at UA. We'll see though. FWIW, I've seen the Napier to TSUN talk and I don't think that'll work. I think Napier is a lot like Mullen in that he believes he'll get a shot at a big job at some point and isn't willing to risk it over recruiting violations.

Coach34
12-13-2020, 08:09 PM
The GusBus is due over $11MM within 30 days. If I'm him- I retire and tell everybody to f-off. He was solid at Auburn and wouldnt have a hard time getting another head job

msbulldog
12-13-2020, 08:15 PM
The GusBus is due over $11MM within 30 days. If I'm him- I retire and tell everybody to f-off. He was solid at Auburn and wouldnt have a hard time getting another head job

This

SailingDawg
12-13-2020, 08:47 PM

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

msstate7
12-13-2020, 08:54 PM
Freeze would win a lot of games at auburn.

Coach34
12-13-2020, 09:03 PM
I 34% believe its Freezus.

Auburn has their guy already I hear. Cristobal seems to be the leader in the clubhouse- but I am riding with Freezus. Cristobal doesnt leave Oregon unless he just misses the South. Freezus fits Auburn to a T.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 09:09 PM

Auburn has their guy already I hear. Cristobal seems to be the leader in the clubhouse- but I am riding with Freezus. Cristobal doesnt leave Oregon unless he just misses the South. Freezus fits Auburn to a T.

Would Oregon hire Kiffin if Cristobal leaves?

Sark or Kiffin and Kiffin seems like the more accomplished coach.

Coach34
12-13-2020, 09:14 PM
Would Oregon hire Kiffin if Cristobal leaves?

Sark or Kiffin and Kiffin seems like the more accomplished coach.

Kiffin would give his left nut for the Oregon job. Sark will also have a shot. Just got to let the dominoes start falling

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Kiffin would give his left nut for the Oregon job. Sark will also have a shot. Just got to let the dominoes start falling

I assume it would be one of those two.

Who would you hire?

HailStateSZN19
12-13-2020, 09:42 PM
I wish we woulda hired Sark in January..... he’s probably about to get the Arizona job I bet.

Freeze to Auburn or they’re dumb. I’d take him over Cristobal.

I don’t see Kiffin getting interest from the AU side unless they miss about 4-5 people. I’ll be curious to see who all has interest in Kiffin so fast because of what he’s done quickly at OM ON OFFENSE (defense is historically bad). Will it be like USC in another year or 2 for Part 2? Will it be somewhere out west for sure?

Homedawg
12-13-2020, 09:53 PM

Auburn already cheats like hell. It's not like it's going to be new....they've already been picking players from ms for years. Hall and handy are there now just to name two... groves from Greenville. It won't change much.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 10:00 PM
AU can get Freeze cheaper than any coach on their list.

PGHBulldogBG
12-13-2020, 10:11 PM
I really hope Auburn doesn?t hire Kiffin because then I would be nervous Ole Miss might get Chadwell. That would be a nightmare

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 10:14 PM
I really hope Auburn doesn?t hire Kiffin because then I would be nervous Ole Miss might get Chadwell. That would be a nightmare

Chadwell has a lot of baggage. I wouldn't worry.

StateDawg44
12-13-2020, 10:16 PM
Kiffin ain't going to AU. That shit ain't happening. Your "little brother" is showing if you actually think it is.

msstate7
12-13-2020, 10:20 PM
Kiffin ain't going to AU. That shit ain't happening. Your "little brother" is showing if you actually think it is.

Might would be better if he did. If it's freeze to auburn and OM retains lane, that isn't ideal for us.

PGHBulldogBG
12-13-2020, 10:57 PM
I am not worried about Kiffin at Ole Miss. They have a good offense this year, but he is not going to be a big threat to do much more than 7-5 or 8-4 at best most years. I fear them hiring an actual good X and O coach that can win without 5 star players. Imagine if they had hired Tom Allen that would?ve been awful. I don?t want there to be a chance on them getting a Tom Allen, Matt Campbell, Jamey Chadwell, etc.

Homedawg
12-13-2020, 11:11 PM
Freeze would win a lot of games at auburn.

Let's be honest, most coaches at auburn have won a lot of games... they just can't win as many as bama. Never will. Look back. Since Jordan , barfield is the worst coach there by far... heck I'll bet the next coach doesn't beat bama 3 out of 8. It's the sec and everyone wants more. We do. But somebody has to lose. Other than Vandy, 13 teams put all they have into it. Unforgiving league. Brutal

msstate7
12-13-2020, 11:16 PM
Let's be honest, most coaches at auburn have won a lot of games... they just can't win as many as bama. Never will. Look back. Since Jordan , barfield is the worst coach there by far... heck I'll bet the next coach doesn't beat bama 3 out of 8. It's the sec and everyone wants more. We do. But somebody has to lose. Other than Vandy, 13 teams put all they have into it. Unforgiving league. Brutal

There's more teams than Bama though. Auburn under freeze would be a more of a 10 win team than the 8-9 under malzahn, and that's a big improvement. I look at freeze to auburn like jimbo to aTm. They're not unseating saban, but they putting us, OM, and ark at the bottom every year.

defiantdog
12-13-2020, 11:20 PM
AU can get Freeze cheaper than any coach on their list.

AU don't care about money..... They just want to win.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2020, 11:33 PM
AU don't care about money..... They just want to win.

I respect them for that. They're 100% All In to win. There's no political BS there. Win at all cost or you're gone

defiantdog
12-13-2020, 11:40 PM
I respect them for that. They're 100% All In to win. There's no political BS there. Win at all cost or you're gone

Their boosters know what they signed up for and have no fear. Ours grind their teeth if the coach doesn't want to play golf.

msstatelp1
12-14-2020, 12:25 AM

Rumor on r/cfb is that it's Cristobal. It's also been reported that Moorhead is one of two finalists for the Kentucky OC position.

defiantdog
12-14-2020, 12:40 AM
Rumor on r/cfb is that it's Cristobal. It's also been reported that Moorhead is one of two finalists for the Kentucky OC position.

That's kind of a chance hire. He had a good year last year..... But doesn't have the best head coaching record. He'll need to hire the best around him.

Todd4State
12-14-2020, 01:12 AM

This thing with Auburn feels like it actually has been "done" for awhile.

I wonder if Moorhead would just follow Cristobal to Auburn? I would definitely roll the dice on that if I were in his shoes because odds are worst case scenario is he is still at Oregon. Auburn OC > UK OC.

The thing about Freeze is he still has baggage even if the SEC office has signed off on him potentially coming back. He would also be more expensive than Cristobal which certainly could be an issue with Mahlzahn's buyout and COVID losses.

Todd4State
12-14-2020, 01:18 AM
That's kind of a chance hire. He had a good year last year..... But doesn't have the best head coaching record. He'll need to hire the best around him.

I agree. FIU could have simply been a learning situation for him. It's not like he was at Florida State and crashed and burned. I'm not sure what to read into Oregon's record this year. I could see Moorhead possibly being the head coach at Oregon. He might be a good fit there.

What's going to be interesting to me is if Coach O gets booted out because of scandal- I think he gets one more year especially after beating Florida and winning a National Title. I think the only way they fire him is if public perception is Penn State bad- and with LSU, well....Will Wade is still there.

I could also see Dan moving on to the NFL this offseason. I can't wait to see who Scott Stricklin hires there! I bet he hires Geoff Collins.

I think Fulmer assassinates Pruitt and hires himself.

HailStateSZN19
12-14-2020, 01:40 AM
Holy s**t.... idk how true it is because I don’t have a 24/7 sub but my buddy does & he said he checked Auburn’s board and their mod on their board is saying Steele is the leader in the clubhouse and *could* be the guy within the next 2 days. Got some power guys backing him apparently. Like whaaaatttttt?!?!

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-14-2020, 01:46 AM
State gets a label of if you lose to us your fired. But also if you win. Good times. 👎

lastmajordog
12-14-2020, 10:17 AM
Don't hate me but......did Gus get “Croomed"??......or “Leached” ???......

Cooterpoot
12-14-2020, 10:23 AM
AU knows Tide assistants never beat Saban.

PGHBulldogBG
12-14-2020, 10:46 AM
I think Gus might?ve kept his job if not for that horrible loss to South Carolina. I?m pretty sure that was the final nail unless he had beat Bama again.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-14-2020, 02:21 PM
Brett Mcmurphy reported yesterday that Art Briles would be a leading candidate at Liberty if Freeze left. Briles just resigned from his high school gig.

parabrave
12-14-2020, 02:40 PM
Don't hate me but......did Gus get “Croomed"??......or “Leached” ???......

No he got Muschamped. You have to beat your opponent to get the Croomed moniker. At least Croom beat the opposing teams. PS I was watching the Gus Malzan Postgame show last night which was filmed at Scott field. It must suck to be taping a show and when it is shown you are fired.

msstate7
12-14-2020, 03:33 PM
Brett Mcmurphy reported yesterday that Art Briles would be a leading candidate at Liberty if Freeze left. Briles just resigned from his high school gig.

Liberty all in.