PDA

View Full Version : We don't need a new HC to fix this.

Cowbell
12-13-2020, 12:16 PM
I think Leach is doing a good job as an HC, or atleast as well as expected. I just think he can easily upgrade his OC. If he would just fire that guy and find someone like Arnette, who knows how to make the most of his talent. If we had a traditional coaching staff, an OC with this type of performance would be axed a week from today.

And for those of you that still believe Leach will make this work without significant system changes, here's your sign or several of them..
1)This offense has only lost one true starter at one position since the first ball game (RB, QB got beat out) and we have traded him for a more explosive receiver than we have had in a very long time (Walley). Why have they gotten so much worse since then?
2) How come Arnette is nominated for assistant coach of the year with so many starters out? Why are we still good on defense? Did he bring his players with him? Did he not completely change scheme?
3) Why do we let a freshman QB stand in the pocket when we know it will collapse in under 3 seconds? Is he LT. Dan? Are we trying to increase his confidence by teaching him to take the sack? Does this offense completely shut down when the qb rolls out?
4) Is it fair to players to let the whole team suffer because you need to teach your system? I struggle with this one, because it's obvious the goal is to implement the offense, not win the game.
5) With this system (without significant changes), all 85 (or 47) players lose if the QB has a bad day. Not fair to the team. Not fair to the QB. Hes gonna have bad days. Defenses are going to scheme against him. Dak even had bad days. We have to be more than just one dimensional to win more than 6-7 games in this league.
Oh yeah - and you guys just saying our players suck - like the post by Gun last night - y'all gotta do better than that! Grown men saying the last of the Mohicans suck. These guys have been through way more than what was originally asked of them on NSD. Some of them are under talented - But you running your mouth from your recliner isn't going to make any of us feel better about Leachs system by you placing the blame on them. It just makes you appear ignorant of the game of football and immature for lacking respect.

JNC23
12-13-2020, 12:19 PM
Before calling folks ignorant of football you might want to verify who the OC is that you're suggesting to fire. Leach doesn't have an OC because he is the OC.

Cooterpoot
12-13-2020, 12:24 PM
Wait. As well as expected? Two wins and at the bottom of every offensive category imaginable except for passing yards is as well as expected? No, it's far worse than expected. I expected to win 4 games, more if we had a full schedule. I expected the offense to not be at the bottom of the conference. We hired a damn coach to help us score points. We haven't gotten better on offense. Not this year and certainly not compared to the last 12 years.

Cowbell
12-13-2020, 12:38 PM
Before calling folks ignorant of football you might want to verify who the OC is that you're suggesting to fire. Leach doesn't have an OC because he is the OC.

SMH - I didn't really think I would need asterisks to denote the sarcasm.

Cowbell
12-13-2020, 12:39 PM
Wait. As well as expected? Two wins and at the bottom of every offensive category imaginable except for passing yards is as well as expected? No, it's far worse than expected. I expected to win 4 games, more if we had a full schedule. I expected the offense to not be at the bottom of the conference. We hired a damn coach to help us score points. We haven't gotten better on offense. Not this year and certainly not compared to the last 12 years.

I would agree but some seem to think our expectations were too high

Joebob
12-13-2020, 12:52 PM
I think Leach is doing a good job as an HC, or atleast as well as expected. I just think he can easily upgrade his OC. If he would just fire that guy and find someone like Arnette, who knows how to make the most of his talent. If we had a traditional coaching staff, an OC with this type of performance would be axed a week from today.

And for those of you that still believe Leach will make this work without significant system changes, here's your sign or several of them..
1)This offense has only lost one true starter at one position since the first ball game (RB, QB got beat out) and we have traded him for a more explosive receiver than we have had in a very long time (Walley). Why have they gotten so much worse since then?
2) How come Arnette is nominated for assistant coach of the year with so many starters out? Why are we still good on defense? Did he bring his players with him? Did he not completely change scheme?
3) Why do we let a freshman QB stand in the pocket when we know it will collapse in under 3 seconds? Is he LT. Dan? Are we trying to increase his confidence by teaching him to take the sack? Does this offense completely shut down when the qb rolls out?
4) Is it fair to players to let the whole team suffer because you need to teach your system? I struggle with this one, because it's obvious the goal is to implement the offense, not win the game.
5) With this system (without significant changes), all 85 (or 47) players lose if the QB has a bad day. Not fair to the team. Not fair to the QB. Hes gonna have bad days. Defenses are going to scheme against him. Dak even had bad days. We have to be more than just one dimensional to win more than 6-7 games in this league.
Oh yeah - and you guys just saying our players suck - like the post by Gun last night - y'all gotta do better than that! Grown men saying the last of the Mohicans suck. These guys have been through way more than what was originally asked of them on NSD. Some of them are under talented - But you running your mouth from your recliner isn't going to make any of us feel better about Leachs system by you placing the blame on them. It just makes you appear ignorant of the game of football and immature for lacking respect.

Lots of good points made here, especially regarding the difference in results between Leach and Arnette.

TheLostDawg
12-13-2020, 02:34 PM
Lots of good points made here, especially regarding the difference in results between Leach and Arnette.

I disagree with this. Arnette took over a group that was well coached. Leach took over a group that depends on wr which the Green Bay Packers wr coach couldn't get them going. Is having to play a freshman qb because the qb we have weren't made for this type of offense.
I'm not saying Leach should get some slack, etc. Just saying you can't compare Arnette to Leach. Apples to oranges

DEDawg
12-13-2020, 02:40 PM

Woosh

Cowbell
12-13-2020, 03:48 PM
I disagree with this. Arnette took over a group that was well coached. Leach took over a group that depends on wr which the Green Bay Packers wr coach couldn't get them going. Is having to play a freshman qb because the qb we have weren't made for this type of offense.
I'm not saying Leach should get some slack, etc. Just saying you can't compare Arnette to Leach. Apples to oranges
The job is to win. To win as many as you can with what you have. We don't pay him 5 million to get us ready for 2023. The point is he can't adapt and it is a very fair comparison.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-14-2020, 01:45 AM
You can?t put a round peg in a square hole. State being dead last in a rushing attack is something I never thought I would see.