PDA

View Full Version : OM/Arkansas Thread: Interesting thing just happened

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 12:38 PM
An interesting thing just happened in the OM/Arkansas game that probably went un-noticed and should be looked at by the rule officials:

Situation: OM is in their hurry up, no huddle offense, and by rule, as long as the offense doesn't substitute in this situation, the defense can't substitute either. If the offense does substitute then the officials have to give the defense the time to substitute, and since the offense never huddles, the can technically never break the huddle with to many players on the field.

What happened: OM had 11 guys in the field, and then a random OM offensive player ran on the field to about he hash marks, then turned around and ran off. Thinking that OM was substituting, Arkansas ran a guy on the field, but since the OM player ran off quickly, Ark was caught with 12 men on the field.

I don't believe OM did this on purpose, but it brings up an interesting debate, can the offensive team run fake substitutes in an effort to catch the defense with to many men on the field while trying to match the offenses fake substitution?

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 12:45 PM
I saw that too... and immediately blamed OM for a clear attempt to cheat the game of it's integrity. they did it on purpose and all Hugh freeze tweets are evil.

I hope Arky hangs an L on them. A let down game today and the magical Freezus is a whopping 12-10 as a head coach in O-town.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 12:49 PM
I saw that too... and immediately blamed OM for a clear attempt to cheat the game of it's integrity. they did it on purpose and all Hugh freeze tweets are evil.

I hope Arky hangs an L on them. A let down game today and the magical Freezus is a whopping 12-10 as a head coach in O-town.

Yea, it's a rule the SEC is going to have to look at. If a 12th offensive player touches the field, no matter if he substitutes or not, the defense should be allotted time to substitute.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 12:51 PM
OM's receivers simply always make the first guy miss. Freeze's offense isn't a genius offensive design. If teams tackle well, it could be stopped rather easily, but OM's receivers make the first guy miss and Wallace falls forward.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 12:55 PM
I saw that too. Obviously it wasn't on purpose, but it did give Arkansas the impression that UM was going to sub, thus allowing UM to catch Arky with 12 men on the field.

As a side note, why in the hell do coaches play corners 8-10 yards off UM receivers? 80% of their pass attempts are within 10 yards, so they'll just take it all the way down the field like that. It makes no sense. Press their receivers and make Wallace/Brunetti beat you with their arm strength.

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 01:00 PM
All I see are two teams that IMO we have a great chance of beating. I don't think either team is better then us and Arkansas is just plain terrible.

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 01:11 PM
this game is like watching two short buses in a demolition derby.

Arkansas is terrible and OM isn't much better.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Arkansas' offense is anemic. I'm not sure what they are trying to do.

It's like they are trying to run Bama's offense with no talent.

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 01:15 PM
if they'd just run the damn ball they'd be a lot better. their passing game is God awful.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:15 PM
this game is like watching two short buses in a demolition derby.

Arkansas is terrible and OM isn't much better.

All you have to do against OM is jam their receivers and take the quick pass, and cover their RBs out of the back field.

Wallace doesn't have the arm to consistently to beat you over the top.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:20 PM
By the way, OM's offensive line is brutal at pass blocking. If Wallace doesn't throw a hot pass, he gets rapped.

RougeDawg
11-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like it's taking everything Wallace has just to get the ball out in the flats? Every pass other than the flats is a lob. Why are defenses even defending anything 20 yards down the field? His arm is garbage. Why can't defensive coaches figure it out and play tight to the line?

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Is it just me, or does it look like it's raking everythif Wallace has just to get the ball out in the flats? Every pass other than the flats is a lob. Why are defenses even defending anything 20 yards down the field? His arm is garbage. Why can't defensive coaches figure it out and play tight to the line?

Exactly, furthermore, OM's offensive line can't block long enough to throw a pass over 20 yards.

Political Hack
his arm is garbage. if our DL get their hands up in passing lanes, LBs spy him, and we can play press coverage with a little cover two they won't be able to convert a lot of first downs. just have to tackle on the outside and let the DTs and Lbs handle the dives.

MarketingBully01
Yep, Wallace isn't going to stretch the field. The blueprint is out there to stop them ala what Auburn and Alabama did. Their defense isn't good either. As I have said many times. Arkansas is just plain terrible.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Yep, Wallace isn't going to stretch the field. The blueprint is out there to stop them ala what Auburn and Alabama did. Their defense isn't good either. As I have said many times. Arkansas is just plain terrible.

And as bad as Ark is, their d-line is in the backfield every time Wallace drops back.

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 01:25 PM
they haven't thrown a pass on this drive and are ramming it down their throat. they know what's common and can't stop it... until Arkansas gets a damn penalty of course.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
The one thing OM does much better than us is operate in space. OM's skill players have speed and agility. If you keep their players out of space, which is possible due to the limitations of their QB and O-line, OM becomes very un-demensional.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:26 PM
BOOM!!! TD biaaatchesszzz

Thick
11-09-2013, 01:29 PM
That drive by Arky, is exactly what we can do with 3 big backs and a hard nosed QB.

RougeDawg
11-09-2013, 01:33 PM
I'm still questioning how in the **** they ever beat LSU, or anybody for that matter, with this shit offense and defense. They actually look worse than we do on both sides of the ball. Gives me hope.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Again, cover OM's RBs out of the backfield. It's all they do

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2013, 01:39 PM
I'm still questioning how in the **** they ever beat LSU, or anybody for that matter, with this shit offense and defense. They actually look worse than we do on both sides of the ball. Gives me hope.

Shhhh!!!! You can't say that shit around here. Don't you know the Almighty Freezus and the Choir Bearz have passed us in everything? Fire Mullen!!!!!

Political Hack
11-09-2013, 01:40 PM
that was a good drive although Arkansas gave up a big 3rd down they shouldn't have.

they just ran 42 plays in the half. That's a lot.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:06 PM
Wallace throws like a junior high QB. Ugh it's ugly

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:14 PM
If Arkansas made the slightest defensive adjustments at halftime, they will win this game. I just don't see how OM can sustain an offense in which they don't have a power running game and the QB can't throw the ball 20 yards.

Doesn't add up

MarketingBully01
11-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Arkansas pulls within three. And the best thing about this is that we still have both these teams left on our schedule.

msstate7
11-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Dumb trick play

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Arkansas just blew a great opportunity with a dumb trick play call.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Dumb trick play

Beat me to it. How stupid was that call.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
What in the hell was Beliema thinking on that trick play? You were running it down their damn throat- keep doing it until they stop you.

Beyond stupid.

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 02:28 PM
Shit, we all had the same idea at the exact same time.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:30 PM
It was a dumb play call, but as long Ark doesn't turn it over, I think they win this game.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:30 PM
OM just got away with the worst holding call I've ever seen. WOW

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:31 PM
How in the world do you fall for that crap. Wow Arkansas

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 02:32 PM
apparently Bo's arm isn't as bad as some say

msstate7
So much for Bo can't throw deep. Nice pass

msstate7
apparently Bo's arm isn't as bad as some say

Yep

messageboardsuperhero
11-09-2013, 02:35 PM
So much for Bo can't throw deep. Nice pass

Deep lobs like that really don't take that much arm strength. I'm talking more about the 20-25 yd. bullets that you have to fit into windows.

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:36 PM
Deep lobs like that really don't take that much arm strength. I'm talking more about the 20-25 yd. bullets that you have to fit into windows.

THIS

ShotgunDawg
11-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Check that, Arkansas's defense is terrible. Absolutely awful. They aren't even covering guys.

msstate7
11-09-2013, 02:47 PM

Gotcha. He threw a beautiful pass there though

hate da bears
11-09-2013, 02:57 PM
Their defense is pathetic, Ole Bears are not that good. Egg Bowl game should be a good one this year.