PDA

View Full Version : Any insight on Antonio Harmon?

RougeDawg
12-11-2020, 08:43 AM
Was bored and checked recruiting sites for the first time in many moons. 4 Star WR that all of the 247 guys are predicting him to State in the last few days, even Fancy.

Hopefully Leach can bring in the skill guys we have lacked for so long.

Bdawg
12-11-2020, 08:47 AM
Seems it been a strange recruitment for him, a 4 star guy that can't find a home. Not sure if it's a system fit or what, but strange none the less. Odd to see a 4 star not being coveted as much as normal. I'm sure some guys on here would have a better explanation.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-11-2020, 09:24 AM
He doesn?t have great speed, but I think the problem with his recruitment was a local ?handler? that has almost screwed him over.

ShotgunDawg
12-11-2020, 09:29 AM
Harmon is a unique player that I think a lot of teams like, but, due to his handler & his lack "profile" (Speed not good enough for outside, not shifty enough for inside, & not big enough for TE, tweener) he's been offered by everyone but everyone had players they wanted to commit before him. Coaches like players that fit within the navagational beacons of their offense. They like the right combination of height, weight, speed, etc... and when a player comes along that doesn't fit that, they get uncomfortable.

Anyway, I'm glad we're going to get him. He's a unique player that Leach will know how to use.

KOdawg1
12-11-2020, 09:33 AM
Schools backed off Antonio for one or more of these reasons:

-Lack of film; his HS offense ran the triple option until this year, so they're still transitioning from that. Antonio didn't get many opportunities to show he can be an actual WR. He showed he can block tho

-Footspeed; Antonio isn't fast, but he isn't slow. That's a myth. As Westdawg has said, he's a long strider. It's his foot speed and shiftiness that turned people off.

-Scott Lindsey at 2nd Tier Recruiting; he was involved in Antonio's recruitment, so there's no telling what bad advice he gave him. Wouldn't be the first time he's given a kid bad advice that messed up their recruitment.

As a ball carrier, there are two ways to get away from a tackler. You can use agility and elusiveness to make them miss the tackle. Or you can run their ass over. That's where Antonio Harmon comes in. He's 6'4" 200 lbs, with a frame that will put on muscle easily. He'll probably end up in the 220-230 range. He's a zone buster. 2nd and 7? Put him in the slot, run a short route and sit in front of the zone, and let him use his size and strength to get the first down.

Westdawg
12-11-2020, 10:20 AM
Harmon will straight lay wood when he's at safety.
And he's got hands like glue

Captain Falcon
12-11-2020, 10:24 AM
We've taken far worse receivers than Harmon. Even if he doesn't end up being a star he can still be a productive, useful option in this offense. And there is always a chance he does end up being a star.

MedDawg
12-11-2020, 11:35 AM
Check out the 1:58 mark. Harmon looks plenty fast enough on that play.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9686822/5fa047a7c11a2c023c688192

confucius say
12-11-2020, 12:29 PM
Sounds like a guy that will end up being 6'4" 225 pounds that doesn't fly but isn't slow. Sounds like bear Wilson, who was a 4.85 guy

tcdog70
12-11-2020, 12:31 PM
Sounds like a guy that will end up being 6'4" 225 pounds that doesn't fly but isn't slow. Sounds like bear Wilson, who was a 4.85 guy

I THINK HE HAS RUN 4.68-4.7 BEFORE.. HELL jERRY RICE RAN A 4.62

tcdog70
12-11-2020, 12:33 PM
Football players need to be time in full gear--not track uniform.. big difference running with pads on.

KOdawg1
12-11-2020, 12:36 PM

Antonio is probably faster than Bear, but what made Bear great was his body control and hands. He was smooth. God rest his soul

Cooterpoot
12-11-2020, 12:59 PM

He's not close to Bear. He's a possession receiver. Personally, I'd rather have Johnson over him, but there appears to be an issue with Johnson (grades I assume).