PDA

View Full Version : Is this a hint?

bdfan09
12-10-2020, 05:27 PM
https://twitter.com/DaveEmerickMSU/status/1337154103542165505?s=19

Leroy Jenkins
12-10-2020, 05:30 PM
Walley I presume....

I'm not an internet sleuth, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Dogbone
12-10-2020, 05:49 PM
Gotta be Justin Walley!

BeardoMSU
12-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Walley I presume....

I'm not an internet sleuth, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

Not all heroes wear capes.**
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EasygoingExemplaryAmericanwarmblood-max-1mb.gif

Uncle Ruckus
12-10-2020, 05:57 PM
No hint.
He?s not coming.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2020, 08:04 PM
We are in the game with Justin. Patience and let's see what happens. We've got a pretty good shot.

msu15
12-10-2020, 11:11 PM
No hint.
He?s not coming.

You have no idea

Bdawg
12-10-2020, 11:12 PM
We are in the game with Justin. Patience and let's see what happens. We've got a pretty good shot.

I just can't believe you would go somewhere you have never seen and make it that hard for your parents to come see you play, when they could come to one school and see both kids play, and not to mention just coming home on the weekends every now and then. Has he even met the coaches any or just over the phone conversations?

Todd4State
12-10-2020, 11:13 PM
I just can't believe you would go somewhere you have never seen and make it that hard for your parents to come see you play, when they could come to one school and see both kids play, and not to mention just coming home on the weekends every now and then. Has he even met the coaches any or just over the phone conversations?

And I would have to believe that if you did you would probably end up in the transfer portal and come back home.

bobcat91
12-11-2020, 12:12 AM

We have 2 open slots for DBs and about 6 we are courting. If he was really interested then he's playing a dangerous game

Commercecomet24
12-11-2020, 12:26 AM
We have 2 open slots for DBs and about 6 we are courting. If he was really interested then he's playing a dangerous game

I'm not vouching for the rationale of a teenager. Heaven knows these kids change their minds more than they change their underwear. I know we're still in it for him.

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 12:36 AM

We'll make the numbers work. We always do.

bobcat91
12-11-2020, 12:37 AM
I'm not vouching for the rationale of a teenager. Heaven knows these kids change their minds more than they change their underwear. I know we're still in it for him.

I'd love to have him in this class, but like I said, he may be too late if he changes his mind. I think Hunter may be in the same situation thinking he has all the time to decide and wait til February, but may wind up on the outside looking in

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 01:33 AM
I'd love to have him in this class, but like I said, he may be too late if he changes his mind. I think Hunter may be in the same situation thinking he has all the time to decide and wait til February, but may wind up on the outside looking in

I think we wait on Hunter. He's been up front about his February timetable and we have other options if he doesn't commit that we can wait on as well.

Mobile Bay
12-11-2020, 07:18 AM

Half the reason I picked State was it was as far away as I could afford to go. Close to home would have been Auburn.

Bdawg
12-11-2020, 08:39 AM
Half the reason I picked State was it was as far away as I could afford to go. Close to home would have been Auburn.

I understand people want to get away, but that's not across the country. Did you ever visit State before you enrolled?

PGHBulldogBG
12-11-2020, 08:44 AM
Part of the reason I went to State was to get away from these awful Pennsylvania winters for 4 years

Homedawg
12-11-2020, 09:21 AM
No hint.
He?s not coming.

We might not. But we still think we got a chance.

Johnson85
12-11-2020, 04:29 PM
https://twitter.com/DaveEmerickMSU/status/1337154103542165505?s=19

May not be a hint. May be just that we're still recruiting Walley and he's legitimately pointing out to Walley how bad Minnesota is going to suck. It's projected high for the next 7 days is 36. Four of the next seven days it isn't projected to get above freezing. And it's been a relatively warm December. December, January, and February all have average highs that are below freezing.

bobcat91
12-11-2020, 04:39 PM
I think we wait on Hunter. He's been up front about his February timetable and we have other options if he doesn't commit that we can wait on as well.

According to Paul on his Odds Are, expect Price, not Hunter. This year is different with no visits. Get in while you can or get left out

Dawgology
12-11-2020, 04:50 PM
May not be a hint. May be just that we're still recruiting Walley and he's legitimately pointing out to Walley how bad Minnesota is going to suck. It's projected high for the next 7 days is 36. Four of the next seven days it isn't projected to get above freezing. And it's been a relatively warm December. December, January, and February all have average highs that are below freezing.

I went to Minnesota one January and it was miserable. The snow was pretty for about a day then it was just terrible. Cold that would cut to your bones and my feet would go numb in about 10 minutes outside. It sucked.

CaptainObvious
12-11-2020, 06:21 PM
I have been there in February for meetings when the snow was pushed so high it was over your head and looked like a muddy mess. The highest it got those 3 days was -4 and the low each morning was around -18. And the sun was shining most of the time during the days we were there.

msstate7
12-11-2020, 06:27 PM
I have been there in February for meetings when the snow was pushed so high it was over your head and looked like a muddy mess. The highest it got those 3 days was -4 and the low each morning was around -18. And the sun was shining most of the time during the days we were there.

That would be awesome for like a weekend just to experience it. I would in no way enjoy it longer than that.

NWADAWG
12-11-2020, 08:09 PM
I went to Minnesota one January and it was miserable. The snow was pretty for about a day then it was just terrible. Cold that would cut to your bones and my feet would go numb in about 10 minutes outside. It sucked.

I used to work for a company with home office in Minnesota. I remember talking to a counterpart one day and he was working from his car. He said he couldn't bring himself to get out of the car and go into the office because temp gauge was saying -45 F. If you don't have 4 legs and white fur, that weather is not for living in.

Dogbone
12-11-2020, 08:38 PM
I used to work for a company with home office in Minnesota. I remember talking to a counterpart one day and he was working from his car. He said he couldn't bring himself to get out of the car and go into the office because temp gauge was saying -45 F. If you don't have 4 legs and white fur, that weather is not for living in.

I sure hope Justin Walley is reading these posts about Minnesota weather.

Travelingdawg
12-11-2020, 08:39 PM
I will add throw in wind chill and it?s the coldest place in the US. I?ve been there in -65 wind chill and you ain?t doin s**t outside.

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2020, 01:34 PM
I don't always get my fingers smashed between two facemasks, but when I do it's below freezing.

Saltydog
12-12-2020, 01:53 PM
I visit there fairly regularly. First time I visited there was in January. I walked out that first a.m. and it was a little below zero. Still remember that it hurt my lungs to breathe air that cold. Got to my destination and they asked me why I didn't wear my winter coat. My response, "this is my winter coat"......It's a beautiful state outside of the twin cities but no way I would live there. Oh yeah, they call a "sled" a "toboggan". Don't ask me why.