William Tecumsah Sherman
12-10-2020, 01:58 PM
Insiders....what?s this about?

confucius say
12-10-2020, 02:03 PM
I'm guessing tv contracts.

StarkVegasSteve
12-10-2020, 02:04 PM
I have no insider information but my guess is that it's related to basketball. Either that we're gonna postpone until conference play or that we'll play the rest of the season with no fans. I'd find it odd that they release game times for the last week of football and then on the same day say that we're cancelling the season except the SEC Championship, but we shall see.

StarkVegasSteve
12-10-2020, 02:24 PM
Some seem to believe that it's announcing the new ABC/ESPN and SEC deal.

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-10-2020, 04:00 PM
Yep. Andy Staples is saying it?s about the deal struck with ABC

bobcat91
12-10-2020, 06:18 PM
Take home message.

For the 2018 fiscal year, the SEC reported total revenue of $627 million, with each of the conference's 14 schools receiving a payout of $43.1 million. The new ESPN/ABC TV contract could increase the annual payout for each school by nearly $20 million per year, according to the SBJ report

parabrave
12-10-2020, 06:22 PM
Death Penalty for LSU and show cause for O???

Maroonthirteen
12-10-2020, 09:33 PM
By 2025, that should put States athletic revenue around $140 million per year.

So I expect greatly reduced ticket prices or much more luxurious seating. Or sit at home and enjoy the TV product.

SailingDawg
12-10-2020, 09:48 PM
Does this mean the SEC Network will no longer exist?

yjnkdawg
12-10-2020, 10:05 PM
Does this mean the SEC Network will no longer exist?

ESPN/SECN - ESPN owns the SEC Network. So I wouldn't see where SECN would be effected. The ABC contract is replacing the CBS one.
If ESPN dropped the SECN, then Bama would have to support ole Pawl. :D

Todd4State
12-10-2020, 11:14 PM
I typically prefer ABC but I'm afraid they'll move Gary Danielson over there to do SEC games.

Homedawg
12-11-2020, 12:28 AM
By 2025, that should put States athletic revenue around $140 million per year.

So I expect greatly reduced ticket prices or much more luxurious seating. Or sit at home and enjoy the TV product.

Greatly reduced? Not of premium or good seats ... I think you'll see more packages for the remainder of the seats yes. People still like seeing games In person.

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Greatly reduced? Not of premium or good seats ... I think you'll see more packages for the remainder of the seats yes. People still like seeing games In person.

I agree. There is a demand for that. It comes down to for the most part how into the gameday experience vs watching on TV. I don't really tailgate but I have always enjoyed planning on going to games, travelling to them, being there in the stadium and not having to listen to the announcers, seeing my friends, the band, and everything that goes along with that.

SailingDawg
12-11-2020, 07:54 PM
ESPN/SECN - ESPN owns the SEC Network. So I wouldn't see where SECN would be effected. The ABC contract is replacing the CBS one.
If ESPN dropped the SECN, then Bama would have to support ole Pawl. :D

Gotcha, thanks!

Maroonthirteen
12-11-2020, 08:26 PM

I was referring to the bleachers, not premium seating.

However isnt face value of the ticket the same everywhere? It's the donation that differentiates where you sit. So, yeah. These games don't have the demand to charge someone $90 a ticket to sit in the bleachers. 2017 I didn't have a season ticket and sat in the lower bowl every home game. The only games I payed face were LSU, Bama and OM. Florida was the only tough ticket in 2018. Egg bowl 2018, an OM Guy gave me a ticket. 2019, what a joke. The place was half empty every game.

Attendance is trending down. The schools have plenty of money. Throw the common fan a bone.