PDA

View Full Version : Pounders and Buckhalter now Bears..

fishwater99
12-10-2020, 01:24 PM
Did they just hold out for more cash, what really happened here?

StarkVegasSteve
12-10-2020, 01:37 PM
No, our staff had a very frank meeting with all commits and said get left or get right. That told them who was all in. That's where you see these graphics that have been put out by our commits about their recruitment being closed. They got that from the staff after those calls. Buckhalter and Pounders have always been silent OM commits. They wanted them to the big signing day flip that OM fans get off to and Leach and Co. sniffed it out. Both prospects are good and will eventually contribute for OM but they're also easily replaceable.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2020, 02:38 PM
No, our staff had a very frank meeting with all commits and said get left or get right. That told them who was all in. That's where you see these graphics that have been put out by our commits about their recruitment being closed. They got that from the staff after those calls. Buckhalter and Pounders have always been silent OM commits. They wanted them to the big signing day flip that OM fans get off to and Leach and Co. sniffed it out. Both prospects are good and will eventually contribute for OM but they're also easily replaceable.

I like it ... Leach's stock is rising - maybe I should buy now

ZedFedder
12-10-2020, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I will trade John Lewis for both of them.

ZedFedder
12-10-2020, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I will trade John Lewis for both of them.

Meaning that I would rather have Lewis than both of them combined.

bulldawg28
12-10-2020, 03:04 PM

Probably did not happen like this, but ok.

chef dixon
12-10-2020, 03:12 PM
Meaning that I would rather have Lewis than both of them combined.

Agreed. John Lewis looks like a big time difference maker getting to the ball or rushing the passer. The type of dude that are hard to find, and when they show up, usually go to Bama. Seems like a great kid too so the sky is the limit for him. I'll take that all day over a private school wide out.

Bdawg
12-10-2020, 03:36 PM

Maybe not to the T, but those graphics sure looked like to me that Leach was drawing a line in the sand. You IN or OUT?

msu15
12-10-2020, 03:42 PM

That is exactly what happened

FISHDAWG
12-10-2020, 04:31 PM
Maybe not to the T, but those graphics sure looked like to me that Leach was drawing a line in the sand. You IN or OUT?

and the graphics were all the same - that had to come from one source ... given the attrition we have seen from the team, I believe this is exactly what happened, and unless IYOK comes on here and says differently it will be hard to convince me otherwise

Ari Gold
12-10-2020, 04:59 PM
They were both basically told to shit or get off the pot..
Both can be EASILY replaced and upgraded..
we weren’t going to be blindsided or have the Hat Flip NSD...
we have time now to fill these spots. And ponders already has been upgraded with Reese...

Was this same approach done with Daniels, Knox, or Nabers? Obviously no ..

KOdawg1
12-10-2020, 05:07 PM

It's not that far off

Coach34
12-10-2020, 08:10 PM
They were both basically told to shit or get off the pot..
Both can be EASILY replaced and upgraded..
we weren’t going to be blindsided or have the Hat Flip NSD...
we have time now to fill these spots. And ponders already has been upgraded with Reese...

Was this same approach done with Daniels, Knox, or Nabers? Obviously no ..

This staff is doing well in recruiting. They arent up for the shenanigans. No bidding wars. I like it

Commercecomet24
12-10-2020, 08:18 PM

I don't know about pounders but I know that's exactly what happened with buckhalter. His little #merryflipmas was a middle finger to our staff cause they busted him.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2020, 08:19 PM
This staff is doing well in recruiting. They arent up for the shenanigans. No bidding wars. I like it

Refreshing ain't it?

Cowbell
12-10-2020, 08:37 PM
Refreshing ain't it?

It is! I have been tough on Leach but this is a huge step in the right direction. This ain't amateur hour anymore.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2020, 08:40 PM
It is! I have been tough on Leach but this is a huge step in the right direction. This ain't amateur hour anymore.

Exactly. If nothing else he's definitely tightened the ship in recruiting. Can't stand the drama we've had in the past.

99jc
12-10-2020, 08:49 PM
Why does anyone care what the sharks do anymore the ncaa doesn't give a 17 why should we!

DeltaChicagoDog
12-10-2020, 09:29 PM
Refreshing ain't it?

I like it. Current staff seem to know the difference between working hard and working smart, and are able to do both depending on what is called for.

Cooterpoot
12-10-2020, 09:39 PM
We're still short on OL for this class. Buckhaulter is no big deal. But we haven't got a replacement for Pounders yet. I'll enjoy it when we sign someone as good or better.

yjnkdawg
12-10-2020, 10:25 PM
I''m glad we finally got a new Sheriff in town, who knows how to perform as a sheriff. And anytime OM''s Football PR propaganda gets derailed, then that makes the day so much sunnier.

messageboardsuperhero
12-10-2020, 10:27 PM
We're still short on OL for this class. Buckhaulter is no big deal. But we haven't got a replacement for Pounders yet. I'll enjoy it when we sign someone as good or better.

Missing on Buckhaulter is a non-issue considering what we can/will replace him with. Frankly after watching his commitment video to OM, I think he is going to the school that is the better fit for him.

Pounders hurts because we need HS OL. If he does not want to be here, better to find out a few days ago than on NSD, but we need to get a replacement. I would love to get two more good OL prospects but not seeing that at this point. We HAVE to get one more though.

Todd4State
12-10-2020, 11:11 PM
I don't know about pounders but I know that's exactly what happened with buckhalter. His little #merryflipmas was a middle finger to our staff cause they busted him.

Well here's my middle finger to him:

#merrydropmas

Todd4State
12-10-2020, 11:12 PM
I'll trade Reese and Harmon for Pounders and Buckhaulter.

And we'll get another o-lineman. Nason Simmons is worst case scenario there for us.

Bdawg
12-10-2020, 11:18 PM

#merrydropmas

I'm telling you, kids who play these stupid games and try to screw over a school at the last minute never seem to pan out for the school they went to. I'm trying to remember any kid who flipped last second to OM(it sounded like that's what they were trying to do) who was a major difference maker.

Commercecomet24
12-10-2020, 11:25 PM

#merrydropmas

Yep! Buckhaulter didn't do a very good job of hiding his flipmas and Leach busted his sorry butt.

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 12:30 AM
I'm telling you, kids who play these stupid games and try to screw over a school at the last minute never seem to pan out for the school they went to. I'm trying to remember any kid who flipped last second to OM(it sounded like that's what they were trying to do) who was a major difference maker.

Yep! Buckhaulter didn't do a very good job of hiding his flipmas and Leach busted his sorry butt.

I imagine Buckhaulter will end up at Jackson State in about a year.

Ole Miss has to be putting recruits up to flipping. Because it's the same thing every year. It's incredibly idiotic. Recruiting is only a milestone and not the end all. Kids that make a big deal out of it typically don't work out because for many of them recruiting is the "end all". They think that because they were a four star....excuse me three star recruit that both MSU and Ole Miss wanted that they have it made and are untouchable. And so they get to college and get outworked and typically lack focus because they're usually too busy calling people out on Twitter and in about five years they're sitting in front of some honkey tonk in Flora, MS drinking beer and talking about how awesome they used to be in high school. Meanwhile the guys that show up and want to work are playing on Sunday.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2020, 02:10 PM
I imagine Buckhaulter will end up at Jackson State in about a year.

Ole Miss has to be putting recruits up to flipping. Because it's the same thing every year. It's incredibly idiotic. Recruiting is only a milestone and not the end all. Kids that make a big deal out of it typically don't work out because for many of them recruiting is the "end all". They think that because they were a four star....excuse me three star recruit that both MSU and Ole Miss wanted that they have it made and are untouchable. And so they get to college and get outworked and typically lack focus because they're usually too busy calling people out on Twitter and in about five years they're sitting in front of some honkey tonk in Flora, MS drinking beer and talking about how awesome they used to be in high school. Meanwhile the guys that show up and want to work are playing on Sunday.

Exactly! Think about guys like Bernardrick Mckinney, Elgton Jenkins just to name a few that were lightly recruited, no star guys that are now playing every sunday in the nfl.

msstate7
12-11-2020, 02:58 PM
Sorta a weird thread. Lose two kids to OM that we wanted, and then praise leach for it. Whatever

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 03:00 PM
Sorta a weird thread. Lose two kids to OM that we wanted, and then praise leach for it. Whatever

Yeah. Weird like our fans that run Leach down every opportunity they get.

Commercecomet24
12-11-2020, 03:06 PM

As I said previously I don't know about pounders but buckhaulter was never coming here, so we didn't lose him. His flip was sniffed out by our staff and they cut him loose.

msstate7
12-11-2020, 03:40 PM
Yeah. Weird like our fans that run Leach down every opportunity they get.

I've given him props on some of the wins the last week in recruiting. Praise when it's deserved, and criticism when it's due seems fair.

Percho
12-11-2020, 04:03 PM

Or you could consider it as, they initiated for us now, on all probability what Leach would have had to do later. Thanks fellers for self evaluating!

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 04:29 PM
I've given him props on some of the wins the last week in recruiting. Praise when it's deserved, and criticism when it's due seems fair.

Bullshit. Why don't you just go pull for Wake Forest and the great Dave Clawson instead of wasting our time with your idiotic trolls.

msstate7
12-11-2020, 05:38 PM
Bullshit. Why don't you just go pull for Wake Forest and the great Dave Clawson instead of wasting our time with your idiotic trolls.

You are so angry. Maybe life will get better..

Leeshouldveflanked
12-11-2020, 07:44 PM
ChickenSharts jumped about 50 spots on the Crootin Rankings in one week.

msstate7
12-11-2020, 09:24 PM
ChickenSharts jumped about 50 spots on the Crootin Rankings in one week.

Hopefully they're done now. I think OM has a good staff, and I don't want them working with a top 15 class

HancockCountyDog
12-11-2020, 10:40 PM
Hopefully they're done now. I think OM has a good staff, and I don't want them working with a top 15 class

Hopefully we will win tomorrow and everyone can take a deep breath - you are being way too rational for a message board.

DLGDawg
12-11-2020, 11:08 PM

It is weird. Most of the time we get caught with our pants down and bent over on hat picking time. So it's weird that this time we had our pants up with our boots on and kicked their flippin azz out the door!!! But if you're the pants down kind, hey, whatever.

Todd4State
12-12-2020, 03:39 AM
You are so angry. Maybe life will get better..

Yeah- I'm angry that our coach was proactive and put an end to Ole Miss's recruiting party bullshit. You were probably hoping that those two would flip so that you could criticize Leach for something else. Sorry he ruined your flipmas with dropmas too. And on top of that he has replacements in place unlike Dan who never did.

That's why our fans are talking about it.

msbulldog
12-12-2020, 10:57 AM

#merrydropmas

Great post. Rep Given!