PDA

View Full Version : Petal's Ray Perkins, former MSU assistant: What a life...

Rick Cleveland
12-10-2020, 12:47 PM
https://mississippitoday.org/2020/12/10/ray-perkins-was-known-as-grease-in-petal-before-he-became-a-national-football-celebrity/

parabrave
12-10-2020, 01:49 PM
And they treated him like shit at Bama. He should've never taken that Job. Number 1 who wants to follow a legend for. Number 2 Bama had been on the decline for a few years and they were going to suck for a few more, remember Aubbie had Bo. I feel sorry for whoever takes over for Saban because if he doesn't win the SEC he too will get bricks thrown through his office window

TUSK
12-10-2020, 03:23 PM
And they treated him like shit at Bama. He should've never taken that Job. Number 1 who wants to follow a legend for. Number 2 Bama had been on the decline for a few years and they were going to suck for a few more, remember Aubbie had Bo. I feel sorry for whoever takes over for Saban because if he doesn't win the SEC he too will get bricks thrown through his office window

You sure you're not thinkin' 'bout Bill Curry, buddy?

Rick Cleveland
12-10-2020, 04:01 PM
It was Curry who got the rock through his office window the day after Billy Dawg Brewer beat em in Tuscaloosa. But Ray faced massive challenges following Bear Bryant. He told me it was really tough. Would have been tough for anyone.

parabrave
12-10-2020, 06:24 PM
You sure you're not thinkin' 'bout Bill Curry, buddy?

Crap forgot that it was Curry?

TUSK
12-11-2020, 01:40 AM
Yeah, it was Curry's office where the mysterious brick landed.... the same day that Bammer could not complete a forward pass.... against OM...