PDA

View Full Version : Manziel is/was a different cat.

Leroy Jenkins
12-09-2020, 08:05 PM
Unquestionably one of the most exciting players ever in CFB. It's odd to me that you can go from this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7d1a5bPB_8

to this..... dude looks 40 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mb0lmoChPjA

I cant imagine being so naturally talented that you make it to the highest level of athletic competition, all the while giving ZERO fvcks. Nearly everyone else that could compete at this level is in the gym, practicing their skill, studying their craft, adhering to strict nutrition, etc. etc. Then this dude steps off the bus with a Bud Light and a pack of Marlboro lights and effortlessly wins the Heisman.

Crazy.

defiantdog
12-09-2020, 08:35 PM
Sounds like a lot of the devils lettuce in that podcast

BeardoMSU
12-09-2020, 08:53 PM
Watching his highlight video just brought back the memories of our God-awful white UNIs and fire-extinguisher-faux-snow gimmick to commemorate the Independence Bowl. Gotta believe there aren't too many programs out there that fancy themselves "non-schmucks" are out there patting themselves on the back for a Shreveport bowl game victory, lol. Add that to the short-lived "we believe" movement the week prior, and the ensuing absolute bludgeoning at the hands of JFF (not to mention the rest of that season...), I can feel my liver hurting in remembrance of that year's alcohol consumption.

Thanks, Leroy.**

Leroy Jenkins
12-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Sounds like a lot of the devils lettuce in that podcast

Aint noooooo doubt about that.

ScoobaDawg
12-09-2020, 09:59 PM
The biggest thing I took from it.. one day he might tell all of his days at a&m and getting paid. in the last minute he talks about one weekend blowing 20k for him and 5 of his friends on the a&m team.. pound budweisers.. and then blindly throw a dart at a map of texas and say who wants to go.. and then driving there. "The bag was got"

coachnorm
12-10-2020, 01:05 AM
https://deadspin.com/the-long-con-how-the-manziels-conquered-america-1040593220

Johnny Football had family ties that could easily handle any member of the NCAA personally. That is why he was getting away with everything. Fear of death is compelling?

thf24
12-10-2020, 03:17 PM
Watching his highlight video just brought back the memories of our God-awful white UNIs and fire-extinguisher-faux-snow gimmick to commemorate the Independence Bowl. Gotta believe there aren't too many programs out there that fancy themselves "non-schmucks" are out there patting themselves on the back for a Shreveport bowl game victory, lol. Add that to the short-lived "we believe" movement the week prior, and the ensuing absolute bludgeoning at the hands of JFF (not to mention the rest of that season...), I can feel my liver hurting in remembrance of that year's alcohol consumption.

Thanks, Leroy.**

That game still stands out in my mind right up there with Arkansas 2016 as a complete WTF performance from a defensive scheming standpoint. I'm fairly sure JFF could have ignored his wide open receivers and run for 500 yards that day if he'd wanted to. And I'm still cringing at all the manufactured pageantry we tried to force into that game.

fishwater99
12-10-2020, 03:21 PM
Crack is one Hell of a drug.

BeardoMSU
12-10-2020, 03:52 PM
That game still stands out in my mind right up there with Arkansas 2016 as a complete WTF performance from a defensive scheming standpoint. I'm fairly sure JFF could have ignored his wide open receivers and run for 500 yards that day if he'd wanted to. And I'm still cringing at all the manufactured pageantry we tried to force into that game.

Pretty much all of this^^^

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 01:41 AM

Thanks, Leroy.**

That was vintage Scott Stricklin. "Look at our uniforms commemorating a game we played in the snow!"

Extendedcab
12-11-2020, 12:44 PM
Drugs, alcohol and partying has totally screwed up his life! What a shame, talented but no motivation to do the right thing! Now look at him, he looks 40+ but is only 28 years old!

BeastMan
12-11-2020, 04:23 PM
Johnny never loved football. He loved partying and being a star. He made enough money in that one contract that he should be good if he's smart. He can still be a star just has to pivot to media/podcast/vlog and harness that personality.

Extendedcab
12-12-2020, 12:49 PM
From what I found on the internet (It must be true since it is on the Internet**** - right?) Johnny football is only worth around $4M. At the rate he parties and blows money on drugs and alcohol, he will be broke by the time he is 35. Then he will be wasting old grandpa's oil money!

BeastMan
12-12-2020, 03:41 PM
From what I found on the internet (It must be true since it is on the Internet**** - right?) Johnny football is only worth around $4M. At the rate he parties and blows money on drugs and alcohol, he will be broke by the time he is 35. Then he will be wasting old grandpa's oil money!

Only $4M? Damn what a peasant**

Saltydog
12-12-2020, 03:49 PM
One thing a lot of people either don't know or have forgotten is that was drafted in MLB. He was a heck'uva shortstop in HS.

Dawgsfanalongtime77
12-14-2020, 01:56 AM
Plenty of talent that?s been wasted over history. Manziel just didn?t want it.