PDA

View Full Version : Baseball guys......Jeffrey Ince, SS/2B

Thick
12-09-2020, 07:28 PM
switch hitter with plus speed from Prep. Signed with us today. Give me your opinions please.

Cooterpoot
12-09-2020, 07:35 PM
He's solid. Very athletic kid.

Commercecomet24
12-09-2020, 07:39 PM
Can really run, pretty good defender. Needs a little work on his swing and as cooter said very athletic

Coach34
12-09-2020, 07:53 PM
Well, he went to Prop- so that doesnt speak well of him

Nikedog
12-09-2020, 08:16 PM

Remembering another guy that played at Prep recently.

Jacksondevildog
12-09-2020, 08:23 PM
Just because Ince went to Prep doesn't mean we can compare him to Mangum.

No BS Dawg
12-09-2020, 09:25 PM
Just because Ince went to Prep doesn't mean we can compare him to Mangum.

To piggy back off that sentiment, we also can?t negatively project him just because he went to Prep. Time will tell, but we all should be excited that he is a Dawg and speak positively of him and his decision to play for us.

DLGDawg
12-09-2020, 10:06 PM
To piggy back off that sentiment, we also can?t negatively project him just because he went to Prep. Time will tell, but we all should be excited that he is a Dawg and speak positively of him and his decision to play for us.

He played his summer ball with Dulins. Very high level of competition.

confucius say
12-09-2020, 11:05 PM

As a person or player?

captaindog
12-09-2020, 11:31 PM
He hits with power but sometimes swings for the fence too much. However he plays high level travel ball and a high level of competition at Prep so he sees a lot of different pitches. Overall he hits well in high school and has the tools to be a good hitter in college.
He is a solid high school pitcher but probably won?t pitch much as Prep?s three starting pitchers are committed to UM, UM, and MSU. They have some other good right handlers and at least three left handed pitchers in relief. K Crumpton, their shortstop that signed with UM, throws gas and can close.
Defensively he is very solid. Honestly he is probably as good as K Crumpton at shortstop. He is extremely athletic.
Overall he should make the team but will likely take a couple of years before he breaks into the lineup.

MsStateBaseball
12-09-2020, 11:44 PM
Ince is probably slated for 2B. All the coaches want are athletic kids and he?s a great one. He will be very good by the time he?s a junior.

Thick
12-10-2020, 07:25 AM
Thanks fellas. I believe 3 of his teammates inked with OM, so not bad to have 4 D1 athletes on your HS baseball roster.

ShotgunDawg
12-10-2020, 08:54 AM
Decent player. Semi-athletic with a loose, contact oriented swing. Won't get to much power.

Best case scenario is he turns into a Brett Pirtle type. A little faster than Pirtle but not as strong

CaptainObvious
12-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Thanks fellas. I believe 3 of his teammates inked with OM, so not bad to have 4 D1 athletes on your HS baseball roster.

And one of those 3 that signed with Mississippi, the Maddox kid, grew up a State fan. Dang 11.7 scholarships!!

Johnson85
12-10-2020, 09:58 AM
As a person or player?

As a person. Flowood Tech produces some pretty good players.*

captaindog
12-10-2020, 03:49 PM
K Crumpton (SS), M Nichols (RHP/1B), and R Maddox (RHP/3B) signed with UM.
Ince signed with MSU.
T Berch (OF) signed with Louisiana Tech.
Junior W Gibbs (RHP) committed to MSU.
Sophomore R Reynolds (OF) committed to MSU.

Of course down the road at Hartfield they have Sophomore D Walker (LHP) committed to MSU along with juniors L Sheffield (LHP) and C Bradley (OF). A McGarrh will also likely play D1.

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 01:47 AM
I think he plays CF for us because I think Lane Forsythe and Davis Meche are our MIF of the future.