chef dixon
12-06-2020, 09:00 PM
Lol, the result of the Egg Bowl only matters when we lose it

Hambone
12-06-2020, 09:23 PM
Yep MJ is gone as well.

BogeyGolfer
12-06-2020, 09:23 PM
The Reese commit was to replace Pounders... The staff must have figured he was wavering....

Homedawg
12-06-2020, 09:30 PM
Lol, the result of the Egg Bowl only matters when we lose it

The egg bowl result has jack shit to do w anything as far as a recruit.

defiantdog
12-06-2020, 09:31 PM
Daniels up next

Losing Daniels hurts more

Coach34
12-06-2020, 09:34 PM
OM was planning a signing day flip with Pounders for maximum pop- we found out about it and popped that bubble. Their antics are played out and we know the playbook by now

HoopsDawg
12-06-2020, 09:42 PM
Daniels up next

Ouch

Dawgology
12-06-2020, 10:02 PM
Yep MJ is gone as well.

Lmao. Why not? Can’t wait for the sunshine pumping. Another debacle for the MSU football program. Go figure.

Coach34
12-06-2020, 10:09 PM
No worries. We have The Pirate now. We dont have to recruit well because his system overcomes all that. Or so I've been told

Ari Gold
12-06-2020, 10:16 PM
Pounders no biggie..
Daniels very big deal if he isn’t in our class..

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2020, 11:03 PM
if this staff loses MJ, I'm going to officially have massive concerns about whether or not they have what it takes to win in this conference

msstate7
12-06-2020, 11:05 PM
if this staff loses MJ, I'm going to officially have massive concerns about whether or not they have what it takes to win in this conference

For about 3-4 hours, then you'll start the cycle over again where our HC will succeed no matter what's going on.

Homedawg
12-06-2020, 11:07 PM

Let me get this straight, you start thread after thread saying it will work. Yet one guy will change your opinion?? Damn I knew you were a woman. Knew it. I don't know if they succeed or not. But your choice of picking whether they do or not has to be based on your cycle

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2020, 11:08 PM
Let me get this straight, you start thread after thread saying it will work. Yet one guy will change your opinion?? Damn I knew you were a woman. Knew it. I don't know if they succeed or not. But your choice of picking whether they do or not has to be based on your cycle

I believe they'll coach well, but you've got to win some recruiting battles in this conference.

Homedawg
12-06-2020, 11:10 PM
I believe they'll coach well, but you've got to win some recruiting battles in this conference.

So ONE does it?? Smdh and I apologize to all women I offended you all. You're not nearly as psycho as gun.

Bdawg
12-06-2020, 11:10 PM

We say the same shit every year. State has no nuts when it comes to recruiting. Play the game or don't complain.

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:11 PM

The problem is every time we get a new coach they have to "learn" what it's like to recruit in Mississippi.

I guess they don't believe Tony Hughes until it happens?

At any rate, at least we're getting out on front of this instead of getting burned and having to scramble last minute to find someone or just roll the spot over.

Homedawg
12-06-2020, 11:13 PM
We say the same shit every year. State has no nuts when it comes to recruiting. Play the game or don't complain.

I see and hear this a LOT. I assume you contribute?? Otherwise just be a fan a pipe down. I love the our boosters need to step up line..... while the one posting it does nothing..... and no I don't and won't pay a player. Got better things to do w my money. But I damn sure won't say others should step up when I'm not willing.

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:14 PM

We definitely don't make a big production out of it. I'd be OK if we did- however that would also probably end up like Leo Lewis every time we did it and we would probably have to hire security for our players.

At the same time- I agree. We need to step it up. The problem is our boosters just simply aren't all in. Especially in Madison. Our boosters suck there.

Homedawg
12-06-2020, 11:15 PM
We definitely don't make a big production out of it. I'd be OK if we did- however that would also probably end up like Leo Lewis every time we did it and we would probably have to hire security for our players.

At the same time- I agree. We need to step it up. The problem is our boosters just simply aren't all in. Especially in Madison. Our boosters suck there.

I'll repeat my post from above....

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:18 PM
I see and hear this a LOT. I assume you contribute?? Otherwise just be a fan a pipe down. I love the our boosters need to step up line..... while the one posting it does nothing..... and no I don't and won't pay a player. Got better things to do w my money. But I damn sure won't say others should step up when I'm not willing.

Speaking for myself here...

I've offered to put up what I can before to help. Only to get talked down or not get any information on what or who to send money to.

So it ends up a bunch of condescending comments like "yeah but you won't help" from others and I'm like no. But the people calling me out don't do anything to help the situation either.

And how many MSU fans are like me that would offer what they can but can't because they aren't given the information to the connections?

HoopsDawg
12-06-2020, 11:19 PM

Where is the go fund me?

Todd4State

I can't help if no one tells me what to do.

msstate7
I gotta $100 for a 5-star. Anyone know one on the take?**

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:21 PM

What would happen if 10 people were willing to contribute 1000 dollars?

Dawgology
12-06-2020, 11:21 PM
Speaking for myself here...

I've offered to put up what I can before to help. Only to get talked down or not get any information on what or who to send money to.

So it ends up a bunch of condescending comments like "yeah but you won't help" from others and I'm like no. But the people calling me out don't do anything to help the situation either.

And how many MSU fans are like me that would offer what they can but can't because they aren't given the information to the connections?

It may not surprise you to find out that there is no one to be connected to. State is woefully behind the curve in many things recruiting. The only surprise I ever have is that we actually win some recruiting battles. It’s candy from a baby for Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2020, 11:23 PM
It may not surprise you to find out that there is no one to be connected to. State is woefully behind the curve in many things recruiting. The only surprise I ever have is that we actually win some recruiting battles. It’s candy from a baby for Ole Miss.

Why is it that we aren't organized in recruiting like other SEC schools?

We seem to care, have the same size stadium as OM, & sell out games. So why are we so far behind in this area?

What do you attribute that to?

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:24 PM

Not totally. Which makes the "well, why don't you step up" comments kind of hypocritical.

And you're absolutely right about MSU being behind the curve in recruiting. It's like- "Hey let Hughes, Gibson, Mason Smith, and Peterson handle it all. We'll be OK."

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 11:28 PM
Where is the go fund me?

homedawg@nigerianprince.com

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:29 PM
Why is it that we aren't organized in recruiting like other SEC schools?

We seem to care, have the same size stadium as OM, & sell out games. So why are we so far behind in this area?

What do you attribute that to?

Not dawgology but...

I think most of it is our MSU culture and attitude when you get to the root of it.

"Oh we'll probably get caught and put on probation that's what happened 40+ years ago."

"I don't really care about recruiting".

And then allowing good old boys to stay in charge of the compliance department while being out of date with current compliance in this era. Not holding lazy recruiters accountable in the past because we might "upset the coach".

Also we don't have enough boosters that are like "Dammit- we're getting that kid of Madison Central or wherever I don't care how much it costs."

Basically we're recruiting like it's 2008.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 11:32 PM
Not dawgology but...

I think most of it is our MSU culture and attitude when you get to the root of it.

"Oh we'll probably get caught and put on probation that's what happened 40+ years ago."

"I don't really care about recruiting".

And then allowing good old boys to stay in charge of the compliance department while being out of date with current compliance in this era. Not holding lazy recruiters accountable in the past because we might "upset the coach".

Also we don't have enough boosters that are like "Dammit- we're getting that kid of Madison Central or wherever I don't care how much it costs."

Basically we're recruiting like it's 2008.

This.

Other schools have ex NCAA compliance lawyers running their show; we......have someone else. That in a nutshell, if nothing else, just shows how inept we are at playing the game. It's like stepping up to the plate with 2 strikes already. Why tf would you self-sabotage like that?

ShotgunDawg
12-06-2020, 11:37 PM
This.

Other schools have ex NCAA compliance lawyers running their show; we......have someone else. That in a nutshell, if nothing else, just shows how inept we are at playing the game. It's like stepping up to the plate with 2 strikes already. Why tf would you self-sabotage like that?

I don't buy this because Cohen & Keenum want to win.

If Bracky were truly the problem, he would've been removed.

I get that he's an easy target, but I just don't buy him as the problem.

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:38 PM
This.

And there is a very simple solution. Hire a group that only does football compliance and let the good old boy handle everything else. Problem solved.

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:40 PM

I don't think it's a "we don't want to win" problem. It's a we don't know HOW to win problem.

It's like Polk only recruiting baseball players coming into their senior year in 2006.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 11:41 PM

I'm not saying that Bracky IS the problem, I'm saying he's a symptom of OUR problem....that we refuse to get serious about playing the game the way it's played. If we were serious, we'd hire serious people who have experience with such things.....not buddies/friends of the program who are "all dawg" and love MSU. That only gets you so far.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 11:42 PM
I don't think it's a "we don't want to win" problem. It's a we don't know HOW to win problem.

Couldn't have said it better.

Todd4State
12-06-2020, 11:43 PM
And I'll piggyback on my comment...

Dan did a GREAT job of showing MSU how to run a program. Except in one area. We all know what area that is.

That's why I'm saying it's a we don't know HOW to win issue. If we weren't serious about winning we wouldn't be pumping the money into facilities and coaches like we are. I believe we would pump more money into recruiting if we knew what to do. There's more to it than hiring a few coaches that "know high school coaches."

Bdawg
12-06-2020, 11:56 PM

We won't play the game well enough. You dont know my situation so you can pipe down. I'm not complaining. I'm making a statement. We won't play the game so there is no need complaining when we we lose recruits. Either people with connections get better at it, or we will keep having the same conversations like we do every year before an upcoming signing day.

msbulldog
12-08-2020, 07:12 AM

You are wrong.

FISHDAWG
12-08-2020, 09:28 AM
You are wrong.

was it K Rogers that was lobbying some of our boosters ? ... Sounds like a good place to start if you're looking

ZedFedder
12-08-2020, 10:17 AM
This thread shows why you cannot get too high or low in recruiting. Getting John Lewis and securing MJ Daniels shows that the sky isn't falling. Pounders may become a great player, but he's a mid 3 star. His loss more than ours. It looks like we will finish strong.

Bdawg
12-08-2020, 01:01 PM
This thread shows why you cannot get too high or low in recruiting. Getting John Lewis and securing MJ Daniels shows that the sky isn't falling. Pounders may become a great player, but he's a mid 3 star. His loss more than ours. It looks like we will finish strong.

Very true. Leach has seen a lot in his day, I'm sure. But there is a reason we are usually on the wrong side of losing recruits just short of signing day. Nowadays I really don't believe any recruit till I see the pen hit the paper.

maroonmania
12-08-2020, 01:58 PM

I would assume if you look at the entire list of 5 stars you will have the full list of all those on the take.

FISHDAWG
12-08-2020, 02:01 PM
What would happen if 10 people were willing to contribute 1000 dollars?

you would still be about $170K short

DEDawg
12-08-2020, 02:30 PM

5 star generational type QB, yeah but Leach can get a good enough QB on his own. Let's start paying 25k for 5 star DE and WR

maroonmania
12-08-2020, 02:34 PM

I do think Cohen & Keenum definitely want to win. But you may be giving them way too much credit to believe that they somehow have the true ability to diagnose an issue that is keeping us from winning. Neither Keenum or Cohen have ever run a P5 football program or tried to recruit a high profile football player to a school that does not have the greatest of winning traditions. Cohen has recruited to MSU baseball but that is a piece of cake compared to recruiting to MSU football.

maroonmania
12-08-2020, 02:39 PM

Losing a mid-tier OL recruit should not phase anyone or make anyone despair. OL recruits are the absolute toughest to project from HS to college, especially all the way to the Power 5. It seems most of our best OL stars over the years have been some of the least recruited. All in all it just seems to be a total crapshoot for that position. Just need to get someone with a good frame that has a mean streak and a desire to improve through taking to coaching.

MarketingBully
12-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Daniels up next

You usually have great information but were completely wrong on this. Why were you so sure he would flip? The rumblings I?ve heard is he has been nothing but straight up with our coaches and his family have a great relationship with our staff. He has been all Dog and his confirmation today proves that. Just curious why you were so sure on this?

Homedawg
12-08-2020, 04:29 PM
You usually have great information but were completely wrong on this. Why were you so sure he would flip? The rumblings I?ve heard is he has been nothing but straight up with our coaches and his family have a great relationship with our staff. He has been all Dog and his confirmation today proves that. Just curious why you were so sure on this?
It was a gut feeling along w some info. Wont go into any of it. But hey, at this juncture I'm wrong. And I'm glad. We want him and need him I'll eat the crow no biggie. But I don't get caught up at what any of them say on social media. For good or bad. That goes for all of them. Things change as they say.

MarketingBully
12-08-2020, 04:42 PM
It was a gut feeling along w some info. Wont go into any of it. But hey, at this juncture I'm wrong. And I'm glad. We want him and need him I'll eat the crow no biggie. But I don't get caught up at what any of them say on social media. For good or bad. That goes for all of them. Things change as they say.

Gotcha. Glad you were wrong on this one. Glad your sources were wrong here too. From what I?ve seen of his recruitment, it looked like he was a straight shooter with our coaches and everything. Just wanted to understand where all the negativity was coming from.

Dawgology
12-09-2020, 11:47 AM
You are wrong.

I can guarantee you I’m not. We are waaaaaaaaay behind in our shadow recruiting. Like...waaaaaaay behind. This is evidenced by our head to head recruiting results for 4-star+ players.

confucius say
12-09-2020, 12:01 PM
I can guarantee you I’m not. We are waaaaaaaaay behind in our shadow recruiting. Like...waaaaaaay behind. This is evidenced by our head to head recruiting results for 4-star+ players.

What 4 star + players have we missed on head to head this year and where are those players going instead of here?

Dawgology
12-09-2020, 12:14 PM
What 4 star + players have we missed on head to head this year and where are those players going instead of here?

This year none so far. But we haven’t squared off with many people other SEC schools this season.

Jarius
12-09-2020, 12:23 PM

We paid Leo 10K. Most prospects don’t command that much. Ole Miss requires their boosters to donate 1K minimum to be a part of the process. They have different cells throughout the state.

Matt3467
12-09-2020, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying Dawgology is right. I hope he's not, but if we're all honest with ourselves we've seen many 4 star players that we thought at some point were coming to State flip and go elsewhere, a lot to Ole Miss. Just off the top of my head I can name Kailo Moore, Nick Brassell, C.J. Johnson but I looked up a few others over the year and there's Charles Moore (btw we lose a lot of recruiting battles to Auburn and not just speaking about Cam), Deon Mix, A.J. Brown, Scott Lashley, Raekwon Davis, ???Can't remember if we were ever in it for Channing Ward or not??? These are just in state players I didn't look elsewhere. We've had huge wins too but one of those cases I know in particular for a fact we got him in spite of all the "extra curriculars" that were being thrown at him because (mainly) he just wanted to be at State.

Edit: btw I realize the last few were never committed to state but Brown and Lashley should have been locks and Raekwon Davis was thought by many to be coming to State.

ZedFedder
12-09-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm not saying Dawgology is right. I hope he's not, but if we're all honest with ourselves we've seen many 4 star players that we thought at some point were coming to State flip and go elsewhere, a lot to Ole Miss. Just off the top of my head I can name Kailo Moore, Nick Brassell, C.J. Johnson but I looked up a few others over the year and there's Charles Moore (btw we lose a lot of recruiting battles to Auburn and not just speaking about Cam), Deon Mix, A.J. Brown, Scott Lashley, Raekwon Davis, ???Can't remember if we were ever in it for Channing Ward or not??? These are just in state players I didn't look elsewhere. We've had huge wins too but one of those cases I know in particular for a fact we got him in spite of all the "extra curriculars" that were being thrown at him because (mainly) he just wanted to be at State.

Edit: btw I realize the last few were never committed to state but Brown and Lashley should have been locks and Raekwon Davis was thought by many to be coming to State.

Raekwon and Lashley both committed to State for about 30 seconds. Lol

Matt3467
12-09-2020, 03:14 PM
Raekwon and Lashley both committed to State for about 30 seconds. Lol

Wow I had forgotten all about that.

Offshore Dawg
12-09-2020, 05:30 PM
5 star generational type QB, yeah but Leach can get a good enough QB on his own. Let's start paying 25k for 5 star DE and WR
Who's money are you using

DEDawg
12-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Who's money are you using

not yours

confucius say
12-09-2020, 11:09 PM
This year none so far. But we haven’t squared off with many people other SEC schools this season.

Well we can only judge this staff on this year. And we won John Lewis head to head and mj Daniels (not consensus 4 star but 247 4 star) head to head and apparently about to win Harmon head to head.

This staff is more than holding its own so far with 4 star kids it has targeted.

sandwolf
12-10-2020, 12:48 AM
Well we can only judge this staff on this year. And we won John Lewis head to head and mj Daniels (not consensus 4 star but 247 4 star) head to head and apparently about to win Harmon head to head.

This staff is more than holding its own so far with 4 star kids it has targeted.

Harmon doesn't have an offer from OM.

ZedFedder
12-10-2020, 10:29 AM
This staff is recruiting just as well as Moorhead and Mullen. I think potentially they'll recruit even better down the road, especially if we can keep Jamar Chaney, Mason Smith, Rod Gibson, and others on staff.

Westdawg
12-10-2020, 10:46 AM

When did OM pull their offer??? Because I know he had an offer this Fall.

KOdawg1
12-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Harmon may not have a committable offer if that's what you mean. But he's got an offer from OM and many others

Johnson85
12-10-2020, 11:07 AM

I think we've been doing that, at least for DE. I think Denico Autry's recruitment was pretty stout.

But generally I don't knowo that $25k is very competitive for 5 stars.

Whatever we have been offering for WR has obviously not been enough prior to the last year or two.

StateDawg44
12-10-2020, 11:45 AM
I think we've been doing that, at least for DE. I think Denico Autry's recruitment was pretty stout.

But generally I don't knowo that $25k is very competitive for 5 stars.

Whatever we have been offering for WR has obviously not been enough prior to the last year or two.

Damn 25k isn't considered a strong-ass offer?

sandwolf
12-10-2020, 11:46 AM
When did OM pull their offer??? Because I know he had an offer this Fall.

I don't know. And I don't have any inside info. I just say that based on what I have picked up from following recruiting on the different sites. Maybe IYOK will weigh in and clarify.

sandwolf
12-10-2020, 11:47 AM
Harmon may not have a committable offer if that's what you mean. But he's got an offer from OM and many others

Do what? If he doesn't have a committable offer, then he doesn't have an offer.

KOdawg1
12-10-2020, 11:48 AM
Do what? If he doesn't have a committable offer, then he doesn't have an offer.

False.

sandwolf
12-10-2020, 11:54 AM
False.

Explain....

thf24
12-10-2020, 11:58 AM
I thought the implication has been that OM had to back off Harmon because of The Driver's meddling.

KOdawg1
12-10-2020, 12:01 PM
Explain....

Ole Miss offered him. They were very much in the mix over the last year and this summer. They've backed off in recent months, but that doesn't mean they pulled his offer or that he doesn't have one from them. They would have taken his commitment at one point.

Schools give kids offers all the time that aren't committable. I guess you can argue that non-commitable offers aren't really offers, but getting an offer from a school means they're interested in you more than anything. But sometimes they won't take your commitment right away due to numbers being tight or the need for more evaluation. It seems silly but that's just the way recruiting has evolved.

sandwolf
12-10-2020, 12:03 PM
I guess you can argue that non-commitable offers aren't really offers

This is exactly what I would argue.

KOdawg1
12-10-2020, 12:06 PM
This is exactly what I would argue.
Well then half of the kids we sign don't have offers except from us.

I just count offers extended of any kind as offers because it's a good gauge of the type of player you're getting. If LSU or Alabama were interested in you enough to give you an "offer," then you're probably a pretty good player.

Todd4State
12-11-2020, 01:38 AM
I thought the implication has been that OM had to back off Harmon because of The Driver's meddling.

I'm not sure but that's certainly plausible. Having a fan that close to recruits is only inviting trouble when they're out there running their own de facto recruiting service.

Dawgology
12-16-2020, 11:19 AM
It may not surprise you to find out that there is no one to be connected to. State is woefully behind the curve in many things recruiting. The only surprise I ever have is that we actually win some recruiting battles. It?s candy from a baby for Ole Miss.

I rest my ****ing case.

Homedawg
12-16-2020, 11:41 AM
Daniels up next

Hmmmm

Dawgology
12-16-2020, 11:43 AM
We have the pussiest boosters of any school in the SEC. be prepared for a solid 4-6 years of 3-5 win seasons until our dumbass AD figures things out. **** Cohen. And **** our cigarillo chumps.