PDA

View Full Version : Don?t you guys miss this??

Hambone
12-06-2020, 12:10 PM
https://florida.rivals.com/news/notebook-mullen-on-coaching-rumors-johnson-s-interview

Liverpooldawg
12-06-2020, 12:11 PM
I do. It meant we were winning.

BB30
12-06-2020, 12:28 PM
Yep, miss it a bit. Sucked at the time but looking back it meant we had a coach worth pursuing. We are all starting to see that we actually had an extremely talented young coach running our program the correct way and getting results on the field at one of the SEC's historically hardest places to win.

Hopefully it won't be long before we have another 9 year run like that but that was a special decade for State football regardless of the fact that most on here think we underachieved for some reason despite having the worst budget in the conference.

Santiago
12-06-2020, 12:31 PM
What I did not miss, was those type of answers in that interview. He is cocky even when trying to be humble, and it is sickening....saying if Scott will have him back next year, etc. Most coaches would say the still have work to do in the program and want to be back. I do not miss that prick at all.

msbulldog
12-06-2020, 12:37 PM
What I don't miss is Mullen in the last 3 games every year, paying more attention to his job offers or rumors than the team and the job that he was getting paid very well to pay attention to. 17 him and feed him fish heads, he owes MSU a 25% refund for those years,

Maroonthirteen
12-06-2020, 12:59 PM
Does a guy miss his "8" ex wife that walked out?

While he dates psycho 5s. Hahahaha.

Joebob
12-06-2020, 11:00 PM
What I did not miss, was those type of answers in that interview. He is cocky even when trying to be humble, and it is sickening....saying if Scott will have him back next year, etc. Most coaches would say the still have work to do in the program and want to be back. I do not miss that prick at all.

I don't miss him at all either.

Also, this struck me kind of funny: "I’m just happy to be the head coach for the Florida Gators right now". As in, right now, but maybe for not much longer.

Todd4State
12-07-2020, 12:54 AM
I don't miss him at all either.

Also, this struck me kind of funny: "I’m just happy to be the head coach for the Florida Gators right now". As in, right now, but maybe for not much longer.

Dan is about half as good as he thinks he is. He's not a guy that is going to beat someone with better talent. He's going to go to the NFL in the next year or two. It will be fun to watch Stricklin run that search without his golden parachute. I suspect he'll screw up a bowl or two for Florida trying to go to the Texans or someone like that.

Todd4State
12-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Does a guy miss his "8" ex wife that walked out?

While he dates psycho 5s. Hahahaha.

It really does feel like a girlfriend that dumped us when I read a lot of MSU fans feelings about Mullen. It's kind of pitiful. Especially since every coach before and after Dan going back to Bob Tyler has had some degree of success at MSU.

FISHDAWG
12-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Dan is about half as good as he thinks he is. He's not a guy that is going to beat someone with better talent. He's going to go to the NFL in the next year or two. It will be fun to watch Stricklin run that search without his golden parachute. I suspect he'll screw up a bowl or two for Florida trying to go to the Texans or someone like that.

what will be fun to watch will be Mullen trying to run a QB in the NFL ... I think he's a pretty good college coach but has no business in the NFL ... whenever he leaves I would bet it would be back somewhere in the Northeast - Maybe Penn State or other B-10 teams

was21
12-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Only vibe I get out of it is that he ain't looking to leave Florida...huge difference