PDA

View Full Version : Miss. State vs South Florida (Women's Basketball)

jdelta02
12-05-2020, 07:25 PM
Game in progress

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 07:42 PM
25 to 25 a little over 3 minutes left in the 1st half. This is going to be a tough game, Baylor only beat them by 5

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 07:55 PM
36-31 USF up at the half. We just aren't hitting shots tonight. 10-30 won't cut it against a team like this in a half

jdelta02
12-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Halftime
Miss. State 31
South Florida 36

Jessika Carter 11
Rickea Jackson 9

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 07:59 PM
Are you guys watching on ESPN+ or just listening?

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 08:04 PM
I'm listening and following stats... I didn't want to pay for ESPN plus

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 08:16 PM
I'm listening and following stats... I didn't want to pay for ESPN plus

Me either. This is about the first thing they've had that I'd be interested in seeing.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 08:19 PM
Me either. This is about the first thing they've had that I'd be interested in seeing.

Exactly

ZedFedder
12-05-2020, 08:20 PM
I’m listening. Seems we have answered well this half.

R2Dawg
12-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Good run to start the 2nd half.

KOdawg1
12-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Terrible stretch to end the 3rd quarter. USF on an 11-0 run with a 52-47 lead.

jdelta02
12-05-2020, 09:11 PM
Overtime

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:11 PM
60 to 60 heading to overtime

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 09:12 PM
25 to 25 a little over 3 minutes left in the 1st half. This is going to be a tough game, Baylor only beat them by 5

You were right about it being a close game.

Irondawg
12-05-2020, 09:29 PM
Wow only 3 assist all game and 21 turnovers. I haven’t been able to watch but just looked at the box score. Rickea with 9 turnovers.

Not a good night for the ladies but looks like we played good D. Just couldn’t hit a shot and missed some big ft in overtime

ZedFedder
12-05-2020, 09:31 PM
I’ll give McCray-Penson a pass on this one. This is her one mess up. Anymore after this... well...

I will say this. I have reservations. Her interviews I listened to with Hadad didn’t impress me much.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:33 PM
We won't win with only 3 assist and a bunch of turnovers. We missed ALOT of shots too. No bench production other than Matharu. We were 2-13 from 3 also... not a good night for our girls

klong-dog
12-05-2020, 09:34 PM
They called a travel every time our girls made a move to or under the basket. Rickea had 3/4's of them. Missed free throws hurt too.

99jc
12-05-2020, 09:35 PM
I’ll give McCray-Penson a pass on this one. This is her one mess up. Anymore after this... well...

I will say this. I have reservations. Her interviews I listened to with Hadad didn’t impress me much.

yeah i agree......Vic she ain"t! she should have spent more time on practice than her political agenda..

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:36 PM

Don't start that... its one game. Baylor barely beat this same team too at home. You were waiting to send out this message.. I figured this type of talk would happen after a loss. Vic didn't go undefeated last year either.

Irondawg
12-05-2020, 09:37 PM
I’ll try to go back and watch some replay but I never thought coming in we were a true top 10 team. We are good but we don’t have enough outside scoring threats which also hurt us a lot last year.

I liked the way we played against UNO so will have to see if we looked bad or just had a bad night shooting

Irondawg
12-05-2020, 09:38 PM
I’ve always wondered why more teams haven’t gone euro-heavy. You can get a lot of really fundamentally sound kids that hustle.

Guess it’s just really expensive to scout but this was a smart move by USF

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:39 PM
yeah i agree......Vic she ain"t! she should have spent more time on practice than her political agenda..

Lol u have been waiting and hoping for the loss too... just to say that.. She will have a short leash at MSU I already see where this will go

jdelta02
12-05-2020, 09:39 PM
Final (Overtime)
Miss. State 63
South Florida 67

Rickea Jackson 18
Aliyah Matharu 17
Jessika Carter 15

ZedFedder
12-05-2020, 09:44 PM
Lol u have been waiting and hoping for the loss too... just to say that.. She will have a short leash at MSU I already see where this will go

Well, when Vic set his precedent and the evident talent is there, you should win. Three assists on the night deals with offensive scheme.We hadn’t lost a nonconference game to an unranked team since 2013.

KOdawg1
12-05-2020, 09:45 PM
I think NMP will end up being a decent coach. She'll keep us in the upper half of the SEC.

But she ain't Vic. You don't lose the best coach in your program's history and get better.

Percho
12-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Our rebounding was real bad.

MetEdDawg
12-05-2020, 09:48 PM
It amazes me that after all of the coaching changes we've had over the last 30 years that people are still surprised by losses to inferior opponents in year 1 of that coaching change.

It happens to virtually every team in every sport every time. Why does that shock people and make them use that as judgment of the long term potential of that candidate.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Well, when Vic set his precedent and the evident talent is there, you should win. Three assists on the night deals with offensive scheme.We hadn’t lost a nonconference game to an unranked team since 2013.

We lost to unranked West Virginia last year... but yes the 3 assist to 21 turnover ratio won't cut it

Fader21
12-05-2020, 09:49 PM
Did she really turn around to an assistant and ask what do we do?

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:51 PM
It amazes me that after all of the coaching changes we've had over the last 30 years that people are still surprised by losses to inferior opponents in year 1 of that coaching change.

It happens to virtually every team in every sport every time. Why does that shock people and make them use that as judgment of the long term potential of that candidate.

Thank you! It gets annoying. Its almost like certain fans sit and wait for this to happen just to say these things

Todd4State
12-05-2020, 09:54 PM

This confuses me as well. I think it hurts us perception wise because some of those fans just immediately jump off the wagon and slam the coach. It's confusing to me.

maroonmania
12-05-2020, 09:54 PM
Our rebounding was real bad.

Looking at the box score we actually outrebounded USF by one but we lost the turnover battle 21-12. We won a lot of games under Vic that we didn't shoot the ball well just through defensive intensity and toughness. That is what we will likely lose not having him as our HC any more.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 09:56 PM

Did Vic win every game???

runwildjerious
12-05-2020, 09:59 PM

Well, hate to tell you this but Leach is all MAGA and he?s rolling into December with 2 wins and some butt spankings. Hold a coach accountable, fine but her political agenda has nothing to do with it.

drummerdawg
12-05-2020, 10:02 PM
Holy shit we've got some dumbasses for fans. Yall are like those fans that freak out after an early season non conference loss in baseball. Let the season play out before you claim "she ain't Vic".

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 10:04 PM
Well, hate to tell you this but Leach is all MAGA and he?s rolling into December with 2 wins and some butt spankings. Hold a coach accountable, fine but her political agenda has nothing to do with it.

Great post!!! Thank you!! And I will go ahead and say it. I feel like we have MSU fans hoping and waiting for her to lose.. just because she isn't Vic and her speech about the flag. She came in this situation with an X on her back

99jc
12-05-2020, 10:20 PM
Great post!!! Thank you!! And I will go ahead and say it. I feel like we have MSU fans hoping and waiting for her to lose.. just because she isn't Vic and her speech about the flag. She came in this situation with an X on her back

nope...she put the X on her own back with her mouth and agenda. this team should never have lost this game that is what pisses me off...i love our woman's BB team.

Liverpooldawg
12-05-2020, 10:22 PM
It's a minor sport like baseball. If we win, it's awesome. If we lose..... ok.

runwildjerious
12-05-2020, 10:24 PM
nope...she put the X on her own back with her mouth and agenda. this team should never have lost this game that is what pisses me off...i love our woman's BB team.

You keep proving my point. A coaches political agenda has NOTHING to do with this discussion. I can?t stand Trump, but I don?t care that Leach supports him and conservative causes. That has played absolutely 0 role in our football struggles.

NMP is our coach and she inherited a top tier program that she need to keep there. But some of you are hellbent I?m hoping she fails because she challenges your worldview. And you wanna call liberals ?snowflakes?. Come on now.

Call out decisions made, questions the effort, second guess coaches absolutely. But don?t let your politics (right or left) control your emotions. Have some control.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 10:38 PM

Wow!!! So we all know how Leach feels does he get a pass from you with his 2 wins????

PGHBulldogBG
12-05-2020, 10:42 PM
I don?t care what her political views, religious views, if she is high or drunk I just care about if she is a good coach and wins

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 10:50 PM

Her mouth????? What upset you that she said.??

99jc
12-05-2020, 10:50 PM
You keep proving my point. A coaches political agenda has NOTHING to do with this discussion. I can?t stand Trump, but I don?t care that Leach supports him and conservative causes. That has played absolutely 0 role in our football struggles.

NMP is our coach and she inherited a top tier program that she need to keep there. But some of you are hellbent I?m hoping she fails because she challenges your worldview. And you wanna call liberals ?snowflakes?. Come on now.

Call out decisions made, questions the effort, second guess coaches absolutely. But don?t let your politics (right or left) control your emotions. Have some control.

i never said i hope she fails...that's what you liberals look for anything that promotes an agenda. i work for the POTUS...doesn't mean i have to like his views. that is all.

Dawgcap
12-05-2020, 10:56 PM
And the ignorance by a few of y?all is obvious!

runwildjerious
12-05-2020, 10:56 PM
i never said i hope she fails...that's what you liberals look for anything that promotes an agenda. i work for the POTUS...doesn't mean i have to like his views. that is all.

But I am not looking for any agenda here. You were the one talking about her running her mouth, and we all know what you are talking about.

A coaches political views should not be the first thing brought up in the discussion about them as a coach. Right or left does not matter. What are they doing for our program? You are the one who mentioned other things first, that is why I addressed your comments.

But hey, stay angry that a coach does not share your worldview. It is a free country.

NCMSTFAN
12-05-2020, 11:01 PM
But I am not looking for any agenda here. You were the one talking about her running her mouth, and we all know what you are talking about.

A coaches political views should not be the first thing brought up in the discussion about them as a coach. Right or left does not matter. What are they doing for our program? You are the one who mentioned other things first, that is why I addressed your comments.

But hey, stay angry that a coach does not share your worldview. It is a free country.

Respect!

Dawgcap
12-05-2020, 11:02 PM

This my friend is a great response. I may not agree with a lot of stuff people say but I do respect their opinion.

runwildjerious
12-05-2020, 11:07 PM
This my friend is a great response. I may not agree with a lot of stuff people say but I do respect their opinion.

I am going to completely stop with the political talk but it is within the context of this thread. We have to do better in this country at talking and not dismissing ?those conservatives? or ?those liberals?, and it truly is the fault of all sides involved.

My last comment (hopefully) in this: Go after a coach, they make plenty of money and are fair game. But if you start with their political views you have already made up your mind about them and nothing is changing it. You might as well go ahead and be miserable.

Dawg2003
12-05-2020, 11:08 PM
Her political views have zero to do with the loss. Just like Leach's political views have nothing to do with his losses. I really don't care if they post their views on Twitter, but I realize some fans get very bent out of shape by that stuff.

Todd4State
12-05-2020, 11:22 PM
Her political views have zero to do with the loss. Just like Leach's political views have nothing to do with his losses. I really don't care if they post their views on Twitter, but I realize some fans get very bent out of shape by that stuff.

Exactly. Although I don't think political views should be posted on a MSU associated social media account- conservative or liberal. It's easy to make another burner account for free to express that if our coaches wanted to do that.

Captain Falcon
12-05-2020, 11:35 PM
This group laid some stinkers last year too even with Vic leading them (West Virginia, Alabama, close calls against terrible Vandy and Auburn teams). I think it's easy to forget that Vic's best teams had A TON of seniors on them, and this group is largely still in the underclass. I wouldn't say they're inexperienced, but they're definitely not as experienced as the teams we had from 2017-2019 that were so elite. The NCAA Tourney getting cancelled last year didn't help us any on that front either.

It's one road loss early in the year against a probable tournament team. We obviously played about as poorly as we possibly could have, too. Don't jump off the ledge yet, we will very likely still have a good year.

BeardoMSU
12-05-2020, 11:43 PM
This group laid some stinkers last year too even with Vic leading them (West Virginia, Alabama, close calls against terrible Vandy and Auburn teams). I think it's easy to forget that Vic's best teams had A TON of seniors on them, and this group is largely still in the underclass. I wouldn't say they're inexperienced, but they're definitely not as experienced as the teams we had from 2017-2019 that were so elite. The NCAA Tourney getting cancelled last year didn't help us any on that front either.

It's one road loss early in the year against a probable tournament team. We obviously played about as poorly as we possibly could have, too. Don't jump off the ledge yet, we will very likely still have a good year.

Accurate post.

Dawgcap
12-05-2020, 11:53 PM

Great post. But to be honest I hope a few jump off the ledge and leave for another school. It?s embarrassing the negativity, grow some balls! It?s sports! Find a hobby if you can?t stop bitching. Now it?s not just about winning and losing. It?s about a coaches politics under the premise of a loss. Some of y?all really need to shut up

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2020, 05:08 AM

Because you are an idiot.

Lord McBuckethead
12-06-2020, 05:12 AM
99jc has no self control. Dude is a 12 year old.

R2Dawg
12-06-2020, 08:31 AM
Exactly. Although I don't think political views should be posted on a MSU associated social media account- conservative or liberal. It's easy to make another burner account for free to express that if our coaches wanted to do that.

For the most part I agree, winning and losing have nothing to do with political views. Those views should also not be on any MSU associated media either. Personal accounts is fine.

R2Dawg
12-06-2020, 08:34 AM
I?ll try to go back and watch some replay but I never thought coming in we were a true top 10 team. We are good but we don?t have enough outside scoring threats which also hurt us a lot last year.

I liked the way we played against UNO so will have to see if we looked bad or just had a bad night shooting

Well the Thompson transfer hit over a 100 3s at BG. Matharu should be starting. Let Taylor/Young swing the point.

R2Dawg
12-06-2020, 08:36 AM
Listening to game, we turned it over every critical part of the game. Rickea seemed to have one of her bad games.

DeltaChicagoDog
12-06-2020, 08:37 AM
I think NMP will end up being a decent coach. She'll keep us in the upper half of the SEC.

But she ain't Vic. You don't lose the best coach in your program's history and get better.

As much as I wish this weren't the case, and there's always the chance, historically and statistically I suppose it has to be.

Leeshouldveflanked
12-06-2020, 08:41 AM
Our Athletic Department is performing at 1987 Levels just like LT and his prodigy Nelle-Cohen wanted.

DeltaChicagoDog
12-06-2020, 08:47 AM

Well said.

Offshore Dawg
12-06-2020, 09:11 AM

this folks needs to be remembered. Now some of you stop the whining and bitching, the ladies missed too many shots PERIOD.

Ari Gold
12-06-2020, 09:37 AM
This is a bad loss ..real bad loss.
Very very rare that highly ranked women’s teams lose to teams like this ...

confucius say
12-06-2020, 09:56 AM
We are trying to go from toughness and defense first and foremost with an emphasis on rebounding and drawing charges and picking up full court, to offense first. We'll see how it works.

Also, this has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with what you value as a coach.

jdelta02
12-06-2020, 10:09 AM
Aliyah Matharu was a big key to leeping Miss. State in the game. She's starting to more get it going.

starkvegasdawg
12-06-2020, 10:17 AM
Very very rare that highly ranked women’s teams lose to teams like this ...

We won't be highly ranked now so there's that.

jdelta02
12-06-2020, 10:34 AM
(Note)
2 more guards expected to be with the team soon...1 for this season, and the other expected to sit out.

Santiago
12-06-2020, 10:58 AM

This. And to add, part of it rubbing fans is we want to follow our team, university, and coaches, and support them with unity. Her actions come across as perhaps either from being on a campus bubble and having an inflated opinion of their thoughts, or they just do not care at all of how it comes across. That aspect to me is what was concerning, and would fracture her support. You better win, if you decide to use university platforms to showcase choices of a political party.

Santiago
12-06-2020, 11:03 AM

Any college coach would have a short leash for using the university platform to push support for one political party. Extreme tone deafness, and not appropriate. For any coach after an election and during it. It was not smart, and tone deafness to all fans that want to support and not have a political party support put between them and their team.

Santiago
12-06-2020, 11:13 AM

I hear what you are saying, but she took it up a notch or two since being here posting on MSU social media her political party support(not a view on an issue). And if after the election if Trump won, and Leach posted out alot of MAGA support I would say the same.
They are free to have an opinion and support politics in their life, and to answer honestly if a reporter with an agenda tries to push questions. But then a difference to go out on MSU supported platform and post about politics.

jdelta02
12-06-2020, 11:30 AM
Also, don't forget about Xaria Wiggins...expected back soon

NCMSTFAN
12-06-2020, 11:37 AM
Any college coach would have a short leash for using the university platform to push support for one political party. Extreme tone deafness, and not appropriate. For any coach after an election and during it. It was not smart, and tone deafness to all fans that want to support and not have a political party support put between them and their team.

Tell me how she "used the university platform to push support for one political party" she was asked to speak at the flag changing gathering that Ben Howland and Mike Leach were both at also.. This is the ignorance that I'm talking about. And since people want to keep saying that have you heard the things Leach has done and said? I dont agree with any of it but I still like him as our coach. Its sad that people like you hope to see her fail because you think she is supposed to think like you do, embarrassing

Santiago
12-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Tell me how she "used the university platform to push support for one political party" she was asked to speak at the flag changing gathering that Ben Howland and Mike Leach were both at also.. This is the ignorance that I'm talking about. And since people want to keep saying that have you heard the things Leach has done and said? I dont agree with any of it but I still like him as our coach. Its sad that people like you hope to see her fail because you think she is supposed to think like you do, embarrassing

She posted political support for a party on her MSU twitter. That is my comment. It was stupid on her part, or just her living in a campus bubble inflating her self value. But you represent ALL of the university with that twitter. It is not your personal platform.
I say that about any coach, any university. My comment is nothing about the flag. I was for the flag changing, and I have not on this post said which party I support(neither). I would appreciate you not jumping the gun "people like you", just because you cannot handle a different take.
She and Leach can say anything they want, especially if a reporter with an agenda is trying to have a gotcha moment. Not even the same thing here bud.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2020, 12:09 PM
She posted political support for a party on her MSU twitter. That is my comment. It was stupid on her part, or just her living in a campus bubble inflating her self value. But you represent ALL of the university with that twitter. It is not your personal platform.
I say that about any coach, any university. My comment is nothing about the flag. I was for the flag changing, and I have not on this post said which party I support(neither). I would appreciate you not jumping the gun "people like you", just because you cannot handle a different take.
She and Leach can say anything they want, especially if a reporter with an agenda is trying to have a gotcha moment. Not even the same thing here bud.

She did it on her personal Twitter account, not the official HailStateWBK account. The same personal Twitter account she had as coach of Old Dominion and earlier.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2020, 12:11 PM
Very very rare that highly ranked women-s teams lose to teams like this ...

You mean like Vic losing to West Virginia and Alabama last year, neither of which were going to make the NCAA Tournament had it happened?

At least USF is a team that has generally made the NCAAT lately and will again this year.

<tbody>
South Florida Bulls (American Athletic Conference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference))

2013-14
South Florida
23-13
13-5
3rd
WNIT Semifinal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Women%27s_National_Invitation_Tournament)

2014-15
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
27-8
15-3
2nd
NCAA 2nd Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NCAA_Women%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2015-16
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
24-10
14-4
2nd
NCAA 2nd Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Women%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2016-17
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
24-9
11-5
3rd
NCAA 1st Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_Women%27s_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2017-18
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
26-8
13-3
2nd
NCAA 1st Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NCAA_Division_I_Women%27s_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2018-19
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
19-16
7-9
T-5th
WNIT Second Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Women%27s_National_Invitation_Tournament)

2019-20
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
19-13
10-6
4th
Postseason canceled

</tbody>

Santiago
12-06-2020, 12:16 PM
She did it on her personal Twitter account, not the official HailStateWBK account. The same personal Twitter account she had as coach of Old Dominion and earlier.

you are right, and I stated it wrong. It is the twitter account she uses for all fans to follow and I meant that as MSU platform.
It is not a reaching comment to say, if a college coach wants to post online during an election their support for a party, then there is the obvious fallout coming at you for it. For that, it is fair game to criticize, and to me I am not in favor of coaches doing it with social media. This thread is a great example.
And yeah, she better win , because for those that really care about politics(not all fans) she might not get the go down with the ship type of support. Just not a very wise thing, but it is her choice and our choice to also speak out.

munk_munk92
12-06-2020, 12:34 PM

most people respect others view except for the liberals and the cancel culture. the political environment is not like it was in the 80's and 90's. Today we have liberals burning cities down, beating people with different views or if you have a red hat on. it's totally ridiculous how people behave today and i blame the media for 99% of it. they knowing lie, gas light, and push agenda's no matter the truth.

munk_munk92
12-06-2020, 12:37 PM
and most people here like 90% of people wanted NMP to be hired. She looks to be a good coach. People are just scared of going back to just average or below average. We want to stay on top. I do believe she is a good coach and this is just a small hiccup.

runwildjerious
12-06-2020, 12:50 PM
most people respect others view except for the liberals and the cancel culture. the political environment is not like it was in the 80's and 90's. Today we have liberals burning cities down, beating people with different views or if you have a red hat on. it's totally ridiculous how people behave today and i blame the media for 99% of it. they knowing lie, gas light, and push agenda's no matter the truth.

You say most people accept other views, except ?for the liberals?. What you are saying is just not correct. Plus, no matter how painful this must be for you, most Americans are more liberal than conservative. I know that is tough to hear, but Republicans have won the popular vote exactly once in the past 6 presidential elections.

You are the one gas lighting, lying, and pushing an agenda here. We were discussing the fact that you shouldn?t use politics to attack a coach (because someone mentioned she already had an X on her back). You interject with this hateful rhetoric (something you claim the other side does). Maybe look in a mirror for the problem.

Dawg2003
12-06-2020, 12:52 PM
I don't expect any coach to do what Vic did. I think that is very unrealistic. If she keeps us in the top half of the conference and going to the tournament each year, I'm good with that.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 12:58 PM
You say most people accept other views, except ?for the liberals?.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcUs5X9glCc&ab_channel=hotmonger

msbulldog
12-06-2020, 01:53 PM
My guess is most of ya'll didn't watch the game. I sounds like most listened to it or read the box score. I payed the $5 or $6 for the month so I could watch the game, if that's all I watch this month it ain't going to break me. The reason I point this out is if you had watched the game you would have seen the vast majority of turnovers that were credited to us were held balls (jump balls). These held balls were predominately USF players fouling our players to get to the ball to tie it up! Our players like Carter and Rickea and others were called for offensive fouls that were bullshit. We were called for quite a few imaginary defensive foul calls. I watched the game and didn't participate in this thread as I was focusing closely on the game. We were the victims of horrible HOME COOKING!

I guess some of ya'll have forgotten a few weeks ago Scooba Dawg said political bullshit on this board was not welcome. I totally agree I opened this thread a little while ago to read about basketball and not political bullshit. I see enough about that on TV when I'm not watching sports.

And that's the rest of the story.

99jc
12-06-2020, 02:38 PM
If you don't like it don't read it!

Ari Gold
12-06-2020, 03:10 PM

You mean like Vic losing to West Virginia and Alabama last year, neither of which were going to make the NCAA Tournament had it happened?

At least USF is a team that has generally made the NCAAT lately and will again this year.

<tbody>
South Florida Bulls (American Athletic Conference (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Athletic_Conference))

2013-14
South Florida
23-13
13-5
3rd
WNIT Semifinal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Women%27s_National_Invitation_Tournament)

2014-15
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
27-8
15-3
2nd
NCAA 2nd Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NCAA_Women%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2015-16
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
24-10
14-4
2nd
NCAA 2nd Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_NCAA_Women%27s_Division_I_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2016-17
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016%E2%80%9317_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
24-9
11-5
3rd
NCAA 1st Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NCAA_Division_I_Women%27s_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2017-18
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017%E2%80%9318_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
26-8
13-3
2nd
NCAA 1st Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NCAA_Division_I_Women%27s_Basketball_Tourname nt)

2018-19
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
19-16
7-9
T-5th
WNIT Second Round (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Women%27s_National_Invitation_Tournament)

2019-20
South Florida (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_South_Florida_Bulls_women%27s_bask etball_team)
19-13
10-6
4th
Postseason canceled

</tbody>

Good spin...

msbulldog
12-06-2020, 03:44 PM
If you don't like it don't read it!

99, I have thanked you for your service every time you have posted about your assignment an I have said a prayers for your safety. Like you said you work for the potus. Part of that I'm sure involves the oath to defend the U.S. Constitution and the first amendment in the Bill of Rights, which gives you and I the right to freely express our opinion.

Quaoarsking
12-06-2020, 04:14 PM
Good spin...

It's more than "spin" to point out how your "very very rare" occurrence actually happened twice last year, but with worse teams.

Percho
12-06-2020, 04:26 PM
and most people here like 90% of people wanted NMP to be hired. She looks to be a good coach. People are just scared of going back to just average or below average. We want to stay on top. I do believe she is a good coach and this is just a small hiccup.

I watched. If we had just hit free throws and / or point blank layup's we would have won. We were our worst enemy. Also for the size of S Fl they got a lot of second looks on the offense end. We were out hustled IMHO.

notsofarawaydawg
12-06-2020, 04:31 PM
I?ll give McCray-Penson a pass on this one. This is her one mess up. Anymore after this... well...

I will say this. I have reservations. Her interviews I listened to with Hadad didn?t impress me much.

Won?t be your last time cause she?s not teaching mush other then run and gun and once they shoot they head for the other end. Gotta have more people crash the paint on offense.

Percho
12-06-2020, 04:34 PM
My guess is most of ya'll didn't watch the game. I sounds like most listened to it or read the box score. I payed the $5 or $6 for the month so I could watch the game, if that's all I watch this month it ain't going to break me. The reason I point this out is if you had watched the game you would have seen the vast majority of turnovers that were credited to us were held balls (jump balls). These held balls were predominately USF players fouling our players to get to the ball to tie it up! Our players like Carter and Rickea and others were called for offensive fouls that were bullshit. We were called for quite a few imaginary defensive foul calls. I watched the game and didn't participate in this thread as I was focusing closely on the game. We were the victims of horrible HOME COOKING!

I guess some of ya'll have forgotten a few weeks ago Scooba Dawg said political bullshit on this board was not welcome. I totally agree I opened this thread a little while ago to read about basketball and not political bullshit. I see enough about that on TV when I'm not watching sports.

And that's the rest of the story.

I agree the calls were not equal.

Also they had a pretty good team. Are well coached. Shoot pretty good from the outside.

We still should have beat them. See my other post. Have to play better against a team of that caliber on their court.

msbulldog
12-06-2020, 05:11 PM

Also they had a pretty good team. Are well coached. Shoot pretty good from the outside.

We still should have beat them. See my other post. Have to play better against a team of that caliber on their court.

Agree!

RocketDawg
12-06-2020, 05:48 PM

South Carolina should have beat NC State as well. And, like her or not, SC has an experienced, pretty good coach.

99jc
12-06-2020, 06:40 PM
99, I have thanked you for your service every time you have posted about your assignment an I have said a prayers for your safety. Like you said you work for the potus. Part of that I'm sure involves the oath to defend the U.S. Constitution and the first amendment in the Bill of Rights, which gives you and I the right to freely express our opinion.

ok...you win.:0

msbulldog
12-06-2020, 07:29 PM
ok...you win.:0

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to 99jc again.

NCMSTFAN
12-06-2020, 08:36 PM
To everyone saying that "she ain't Vic" or upset because you say she is pushing her political agenda on this team.... please give that EXACT same energy towards Mike Leach because he has stated his opinion on his stance plenty of times.. I know alot of you won't because you agree with him, so you are fine with what he says. But I personally understand that we all won't agree. I did 2 different tours in Iraq leading young Airmen from every background to fight for our country,, when we were there we didn't care about politics, race, religion or color! Its sick and sad to see "fans" hoping for her downfall just because she doesn't agree with what you do..

RocketDawg
12-06-2020, 09:35 PM
If interested, Texas women playing Texas A&M on ESPN now. A&M up 34-28 just after halftime.

BeardoMSU
12-06-2020, 11:19 PM
If interested, Texas women playing Texas A&M on ESPN now. A&M up 34-28 just after halftime.

I'm just waiting for Vic to name his not-yet-conceived grandchild after Gary Blair in his post-game presser.**