PDA

View Full Version : OT: Television question

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 03:34 PM
Dish is having a spat with the owners of the local CBS station, and have taken it off. Those disputes happen periodically.

I flipped my TV's input to "over the air - antenna" so I can watch the Tennessee/Florida game on CBS, and found a BUNCH of other channels that've not been on there before. It appears to be Pluto TV. I don't subscribe to Pluto (if a subscription is required) but the question is - why am I receiving Pluto on the "over the air -antenna" setting for signal input? I thought it was a streaming service.

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 06:10 PM
I found out what they are. They're LG Channels, streaming but set up to appear on the over-the-air input. Apparently all LG televisions have them, but you have to choose for them to be available in "Settings".

Leeshouldveflanked
12-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Pluto has some good free content.... I like The Johnny Carson channel.

was21
12-05-2020, 09:22 PM
That's educational. My CBS station is WWL Tv New Orleans. It's in the same mode with DirecTV. Thanks for the info. but I don't know how to change the input.

RocketDawg
12-05-2020, 09:39 PM
That's educational. My CBS station is WWL Tv New Orleans. It's in the same mode with DirecTV. Thanks for the info. but I don't know how to change the input.

Should be a button on your remote. If you have a recent LG TV, it's below the wheel and looks like a wall plug (or maybe an RCA plug).