PDA

View Full Version : MBB v North Texas

chef dixon
12-04-2020, 08:06 PM
Up 5-0 for the technologically challenged.

Ticky tack moving screens ruin the game.

chef dixon
12-04-2020, 08:19 PM
Up 11-8. 12 min to go in the 1st. Offense seems so stagnant with D Smith just dribbling around the top of the key.

RocketDawg
12-04-2020, 08:28 PM
The team seems to play together a lot better than in the first two games. Getting Molinar back helps considerably.

chef dixon
12-04-2020, 08:29 PM
20-8. Molinar looks good. 8 to go in the first.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2020, 08:40 PM
Molinar looks like I hoped he would look-excellent.

chef dixon
12-04-2020, 08:49 PM
29-20 dawgs at half. I think molinar has 9. Johnson has 8

HoopsDawg
12-04-2020, 08:53 PM
I'm not going to freak out about it....yet...but Molinar-Stewart-Devion didn't play together once in the first half. Howland is still very traditional in his lineups.

DEDawg
12-04-2020, 08:54 PM
I'm not going to freak out about it....yet...but Molinar-Stewart-Devion didn't play together once in the first half. Howland is still very traditional in his lineups.

It'll come... Howland seems to be really slow playing Devion Smith. Guess he's still getting used to the speed of the college game or whatever

NCMSTFAN
12-04-2020, 08:58 PM
We need a play maker. We only had 3 assist in the 1st half... all 3 by Cameron Matthews.

R2Dawg
12-04-2020, 09:28 PM
Molinar looks good. This team plays smart and doesn't take a lot of bad shots. When is the last time we had a team that didn't jack up ill advised 3s all game? Been 10-12 years at least. Like what I see this year.

R2Dawg
12-04-2020, 09:30 PM
Post needs to stop the 3s.

RougeDawg
12-04-2020, 09:55 PM
Offense still looks like a square peg in a round hole. We don?t have the shooters to slow it down all the damn time. Got to let them play.

NCMSTFAN
12-04-2020, 09:59 PM
This is a different team. Scrappy, pretty good defense, no ego's, no true stars... but we do have some talent, Howland has to figure out what works best. This team's success will come down to coaching. Good to see Molinar back, we need him. He just needs to be more of a playmaker for us along with the scoring. Yes we looked sloppy but this was our starting PG's 1st game back to mesh with a young team

jdelta02
12-04-2020, 10:03 PM
Good win. Also, Molinar played well in his first game.

Would be good to see more of Montgomery, geting him more game experience while helping the guard depth as the season moves forward.

msstate7
12-04-2020, 10:03 PM

Couldn't watch tonight. Interesting he played again tonight. Think he's in the rotation going forward?

DEDawg
12-04-2020, 10:08 PM

Would be good to possibly see more of Montgomery.

Yeah where has he been? Hasn?t gotten many minutes

parabrave
12-04-2020, 10:10 PM
Dam I didn't w there was a game till I saw a score flash on the Aubbie game. 69-63, 26-54 FG, 1-10 3pts ouch. 16-22 FT. DJ 16 Mol 15 Smith (35) 12, Johnson 10. Hey a win is a win. Good things 20 bench points and 12 2nd chance points and 44 points in the paint.

R2Dawg
12-04-2020, 10:10 PM
Couldn't watch tonight. Interesting he played again tonight. Think he's in the rotation going forward?

He looks like he is but I don't think he'll get major minutes. Maybe 7-8 min a game depending on foul trouble.

NCMSTFAN
12-04-2020, 10:14 PM
Haven't seen Montgomery much... we are a team still developing but this wasn't a bad win with a young team, they won Conference USA last year and returned alot of those players

HoopsDawg
12-04-2020, 11:08 PM
This is a different team. Scrappy, pretty good defense, no ego's, no true stars... but we do have some talent, Howland has to figure out what works best. This team's success will come down to coaching. Good to see Molinar back, we need him. He just needs to be more of a playmaker for us along with the scoring. Yes we looked sloppy but this was our starting PG's 1st game back to mesh with a young team

This team looks like an old Ben Howland Pitt team.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2020, 11:09 PM

Would be good to see more of Montgomery, geting him more game experience while helping the guard depth as the season moves forward.

Montgomery is not going to be a factor this year. And we are fine at guard with our 3 man rotation. We need Molinar and DJ on the bench as little as possible.

HoopsDawg
12-04-2020, 11:12 PM

He's resting Ado right now. I just don't know if he can continue to get minutes. I prefer a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 of Ado, Tolu, and Javien Davis. But Post does bring something to the table so we will see how he looks these next 4 games before conference play starts. The most underutilized player right now is Jalen Johnson. It's his 5th year to play college ball and he knows how to score. I wouldn't be suprised if he moves into the lineup ahead of Cam Matthews sooner rather than later..

PGHBulldogBG
12-04-2020, 11:15 PM
This team looks like an old Ben Howland Pitt team.

I would be fine with that. I do wonder if Howland is a rare exception where he performs better with 2 star talent because they are more into taking his advice. He might not be good with primadonnas

msu15
12-05-2020, 02:39 AM
Average performance. We have to get Tolu consistent touches on the box and stop giving up so many wide open 3's or we will get mauled in SEC play, but a win is certainly better than a loss.

chef dixon
12-05-2020, 09:01 AM
He's resting Ado right now. I just don't know if he can continue to get minutes. I prefer a 3 man rotation at the 4-5 of Ado, Tolu, and Javien Davis. But Post does bring something to the table so we will see how he looks these next 4 games before conference play starts. The most underutilized player right now is Jalen Johnson. It's his 5th year to play college ball and he knows how to score. I wouldn't be suprised if he moves into the lineup ahead of Cam Matthews sooner rather than later..

Matthews seems like the ultimate glue guy. Howland likes him. He does a lot of the dirty work and has been making some great passes. I feel like he needs to be out there with Stewart, Molinar and Tolu. Johnson seems to be getting a little more comfortable. He probably just needs to be instant offense off the bench so we don't have a huge drop off.

I'm not as frustrated with Post shooting. It's part of his game. He's probably going to be a good player for us next year. Lose some of the defense of Ado but improved offensive game.

Hope to see the game slow down for D Smith soon, but Molinar back will give him that opportunity to not put so much pressure on himself.

msstate7
12-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Matthews seems like the ultimate glue guy. Howland likes him. He does a lot of the dirty work and has been making some great passes. I feel like he needs to be out there with Stewart, Molinar and Tolu. Johnson seems to be getting a little more comfortable. He probably just needs to be instant offense off the bench so we don't have a huge drop off.

I'm not as frustrated with Post shooting. It's part of his game. He's probably going to be a good player for us next year. Lose some of the defense of Ado but improved offensive game.

Hope to see the game slow down for D Smith soon, but Molinar back will give him that opportunity to not put so much pressure on himself.

Is losing ado certain? Do basketball players get the extra year like football players if they want it?

ZedFedder
12-05-2020, 09:37 AM
This team isn’t going to be a tournament team, but I appreciate the hustle that we have lacked at times.

MCsMGs
12-05-2020, 10:24 AM

Post isn't going to quit with the threes...Howland wants him taking that shot. He's a better shooter than his small sample numbers so far.

defiantdog
12-05-2020, 11:28 AM
Is losing ado certain? Do basketball players get the extra year like football players if they want it?

I believe it applies to all NCAA sports