PDA

View Full Version : LOL Urban

Maverick91
12-04-2020, 01:16 PM
I know Texas is all up in the soup wanting Meyer. But, how funny would it be if Auburn fired Gusbus and somehow, someway was able to hire Urban. I KNOW that would suck so much for us, but, it would be super entertaining from a football perspective. Not only do you have arguable the two best college football coaches for the past 20-30s coaching in the same conference but, they would be coaching in the same division inside of one of college footballs best rivalries and this conferences most important rivalry, currently. It would make A&M going after Fisher look sooooo small, and Texas would be sitting there like "what the actual heck".

You cannot disagree that would be super entertaining. For the record, I don't see Auburn getting rid of Gusbus. Now if he looses to A&M and somehow we goof up and beat them as well, that seat is going to be HOT.

Anywho HAIL FREAKING STATE! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

StarkVegasSteve
12-04-2020, 01:18 PM
I know Texas is all up in the soup wanting Meyer. But, how funny would it be if Auburn fired Gusbus and somehow, someway was able to hire Urban. I KNOW that would suck so much for us, but, it would be super entertaining from a football perspective. Not only do you have arguable the two best college football coaches for the past 20-30s coaching in the same conference but, they would be coaching in the same division inside of one of college footballs best rivalries and this conferences most important rivalry, currently. It would make A&M going after Fisher look sooooo small, and Texas would be sitting there like "what the actual heck".

You cannot disagree that would be super entertaining. For the record, I don't see Auburn getting rid of Gusbus. Now if he looses to A&M and somehow we goof up and beat them as well, that seat is going to be HOT.

Anywho HAIL FREAKING STATE! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

The Barners have one candidate and it ain't Urban Meyer.

msstate7
12-04-2020, 01:21 PM
The Barners have one candidate and it ain't Urban Meyer.

I assume freeze. While freeze is not urban, Hugh would be a recruiting machine with auburn's resources. Auburn would be very damn good.

StarkVegasSteve
12-04-2020, 02:09 PM
I assume freeze. While freeze is not urban, Hugh would be a recruiting machine with auburn's resources. Auburn would be very damn good.

Yep. Freeze is who they want and Freeze is who they'll get if they fire Gus. With Freeze and the NCAA's willingness to turn a blind eye to anything Auburn does, they could become a MAJOR problem very fast.

DownwardDawg
12-04-2020, 02:29 PM
It's Freezes and only freezes

Maverick91
12-04-2020, 02:55 PM
I agree completely its Freeze and he would have a media gawking over him.

Tbonewannabe
12-04-2020, 03:19 PM
Doesn't Gus's buyout drop by 5-6 Mil on Jan 1st?

StarkVegasSteve
12-04-2020, 03:28 PM

I don't care if it's Freeze, Freezes, Freezus, Hugh, Burner Phone, or anything else...….at Auburn he would be a problem. Cause Nix is just good enough to do exactly what Bo Wallace did.

TUSK
12-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Doesn't Gus's buyout drop by 5-6 Mil on Jan 1st?

It's my understanding it dropped from 28M to 21M on 12/1/20.....

Matt3467
12-04-2020, 03:42 PM
Just think how the Ole Miss faithful would feel to see their best shot at national relevance going to Auburn.

FISHDAWG
12-04-2020, 03:59 PM

we have beat them both before

TNDawg35
12-04-2020, 04:51 PM
Don’t count TN out on Hey Hugh... A lot of “cigar guys” are pushing Fuller, but Fulmer doesn’t want anyone to come close to what he did.

Hugh would take TN over Auburn...

Leeshouldveflanked
12-04-2020, 04:56 PM
Kiffen would be better fit at Texas than Urban.... I just dont see Urban having the fire in the belly anymore.

Maverick91
12-04-2020, 04:59 PM
Don’t count TN out on Hey Hugh... A lot of “cigar guys” are pushing Fuller, but Fulmer doesn’t want anyone to come close to what he did.

Hugh would take TN over Auburn...

Why would he take TN over Auburn? I don't even feel like they are close on the desired job scale.

Maverick91
12-04-2020, 05:00 PM
Kiffen would be better fit at Texas than Urban.... I just don?t see Urban having the fire in the belly anymore.

My biggest question on him going to Texas is his whole "bad heart" thing. I don't think he lacks the fire but, the health of it, if it is true, I could see him seriously never coming back to coaching.

msstate7
12-04-2020, 05:05 PM
we have beat them both before

Yeah, and lost

msstate7
12-04-2020, 05:06 PM
Why would he take TN over Auburn? I don't even feel like they are close on the desired job scale.

Only way I see that is if he and Gus really are good friends like it's been reported.

Todd4State
12-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Only way I see that is if he and Gus really are good friends like it's been reported.

Freeze has zero loyalty.

Do with that comment what you will because it applies on so many levels.

msstate7
12-04-2020, 05:23 PM
Freeze has zero loyalty.

Do with that comment what you will because it applies on so many levels.

I think he would take auburn in a heart beat

BiscuitEater
12-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Itony. Auburn loss to MSU .. Auburn fires Gus .. Auburn hires Bucky

Matt3467
12-04-2020, 06:28 PM

I would take TN over Auburn any day. TN is in the East. All TN needs is a good coach and they'll be back on the national scene. They're a sleeping giant too.

the_real_MSU_is_us
12-04-2020, 06:54 PM
I would take TN over Auburn any day. TN is in the East. All TN needs is a good coach and they'll be back on the national scene. They're a sleeping giant too.

TN plays (in order of toughness) Bama, UGA, UF, Kentucky. Auburn plays Bama, UGA, LSU, A&M. Yeah that 4th team is slghtly harder for Auburn, but it's extremely comparable SOS.

The advantage TN has is fan expectations. Auburn will fire you if you go 9-3 and never beat Bama or UGA. TN will wish you'd do more, but overall like you if you go 9-3 with loses to Bama, UGA, and UF every year. Auburn has a natty 10 years ago and an appearance 7 years ago, and were an SECCG win away from making a playoff. TN fans (I know cause i live in east TN) have been beaten down and just want to be a top 20 program again

DownwardDawg
12-04-2020, 06:57 PM

I agree, if I were the coach. But auburn will cheat their ass off just like ole miss did. Freeze will have it made.

TNDawg35
12-04-2020, 07:02 PM

If I?m not mistaken, and I very well may be, but his wife is from around the area and they got engaged inside Neyland. He even went as far to tell her one day he would be coaching there.

parabrave
12-04-2020, 10:34 PM
Just think how the Ole Miss faithful would feel to see their best shot at national relevance going to Auburn.

How would OM feel that another one of their coaches is coaching at Aubbie.