PDA

View Full Version : Passion and the Issue at hand

Dawgfan77
11-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I admit I have loved the passion our fans have shown over the last few weeks. To me this shows that we are no long poor ol MSU, we now are coming into our own as a fan base and are starting to see that not only can we win but we demand to win. We are no longer taking a backseat which is something we as fan base should have done long ago. I know we are spilt and we have some that want to keep Dan , and even I have been in the Hudspeth camp, but after reading this board and talking to some people this week it is becoming more and more obvious that the real issue is not entirely with Dan the coaching staff. Yes, they have there faults, but so do I and I am sure so do some of you. The real problem with MSU right now is in the Bryan Building. More specifically it is in two currently held positions that of the director of athletics and that of the director of compliance.

It has become way to obvious that we have the equivalent of a AA baseball team GM trying to run and multi-million dollar company. Look around at some of the AD searches in recent years, did they promote from within? No, the went out and hired a search firm or they had a search committee. Even the bears hired the AD from WKU, and USM hired someone from outside , but what did we do?? We hired from within a guy with his only real experience being in Marketing, and public relations. He was the spokesman for the Baylor BB team after there terrible issue... The man is in over his head point blank, and he is currently draining any momentum and excitement that we had in football, and to some degree basketball. Thank GOD Byrne hired Cohn otherwise the current AD would have given that job to Mr. Raffo. Also, to those that want to point out the great job he has done, look around in the last two years and tell me what has he done other than botch the BB hire, when he specifically went behind the Cigar boys back and hired an unknown? Oh, and dont think that the Seal building and stadium expansion was because of the current AD , those wheels were put in motion because of the former AD. Sure we have the DNF issue on going, but from my understanding he is forced into the planning of this due to pressure from outside and not by his own ideas. Folks we have another LT on our hands and he has no direction of where to take our athletic department.

We need a change at the AD position PERIOD.

Let me throw something out for discussion in regards to compliance. While other SEC schools are hiring lawyers and former NCAA employees, we continue to hide behind a PE teacher from a 1A MS school system. Talk about out of there league. Name me one other school that would suspend a player for a year and half? I know dead horse beaten...Here is my solution to Compliance. Tell the current position holder that he is going to keep his job but we are moving him over to compliance for non-revenue sports, such as golf, tennis , and other title XI sports. We then hire David Saunders as director of Football compliance, the guy wrote the book on the Cell South game plan, has a ton of HS connections in MS, and knows every damn loophole know to man. We should also hire the same type of positions for Baseball and basketball. WE HAVE THE MONEY TO DO SO

I want to take my hat off the OM folks, specifically the forward rebels campaign. As much shit as myself and I am sure some of you gave them, they set the wheels in motions for success. I dont think there is anyone here that doesn't think that the are now trending upwards within the Athletic department. Maybe its time for Forward Bulldogs!

In closing, I love MSU, I love everything about her, some of my best memories of my life time were formed at MSU What I want and what I believe all you want in the is for us to win and win at every level and at the highest level. We have a game today, and I am going to watch it with just as much intensity as I would if I was there at the stadium because I love MSU and I want us to win regardless of who the coach is. The reason for this long post is to point out that we need change, regardless who leads us into 2014

GO DAWGS

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:13 AM
good post

engie
11-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Great post. All true.

The beauty is that THIS time, our money people fully realize it. They've tasted the Byrne era and made that the expectation. Changes are coming. Bracky is going to be put out to pasture even of that means Strick and Keenum have to go with him if they keep protecting him.

bluelightstar
11-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Keenum is entirely too popular to be sent anywhere. Nor should he be sent anywhere. Keenum is awesome.

Ronny
11-09-2013, 10:47 AM
..finger on the pulse of the passion of the fanbase, but it appears to me they have been tempered and subdued by being forced to watch a shitty football team.

Watching MSU trying to play 4 quarters of football is, for lack of a better word, torture. I'm not in Starkville so if there is a passion movement taking place Starkville, of course I am ignorant of it.

Others have covered the ineptitude of this team, & the coach, so I'll just leave it at that.

Lastly, I don't get all the whining about the A.D. I don't have any problem with MSU's A.D. Once the football program goes to shit & everybody & his brother is blamed for the meltdown, the piercing accusations eventually land at the doorstep of the A.D.

It's bullshit.

To add: Way to praise Forward Rebels. That's concern trolling at its finest.

**** Forward Rebels.

Dawgfan77
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I said nothing about the president. It's the fact we gave the keys of Porsche to someone who traded it in on a station wagon

Dawgfan77
11-09-2013, 10:53 AM
Your post is obvious you know nothing of the inter workings of our AD.

engie
11-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Keenum is entirely too popular to be sent anywhere. Nor should he be sent anywhere. Keenum is awesome.

He's the one that's primarily shielding Bracky and preventing the modernization of our compliance dept. Compliance isn't within the scope of Stricklin's power. At some point that is on the horizon, he's going to be given a simple choice to either get rid of Bracky or go along with him. He's been a great president of MSU and I like him, but the Bracky situation is about to get handled one way or another,

The Croom Diaries
11-09-2013, 10:56 AM
I said nothing about the president. It's the fact we gave the keys of Porsche to someone who traded it in on a station wagon

The president is the direct boss of both of the people who you want removed, so I'd say your entire post was a reflection on him and, in turn, if these folks are not removed soon your beef should be with him.

Dawgfan77
11-09-2013, 11:18 AM
The president is the direct boss of both of the people who you want removed, so I'd say your entire post was a reflection on him and, in turn, if these folks are not removed soon your beef should be with him.

You do realize who the president backed in the BB coaching search? It wasn't the Current AD

justwin
11-09-2013, 11:31 AM
So, Stricklin doesn't get credit for any of the following:
1. Acquiring the remaining private funds across multiple years to build the Seal complex & fball stadium expansion?
2. Diligently vetting all plan options for both of the fball facilities via thorough interviewing and review of planned proposals? From all of renderings I've seen pre the Seal the complex & fball expansion, I have to admit that both have far exceeded my expectations. Hell, the fball addition is going to provide 3-4 different fan viewing experiences that will enhance gameday for any aged fan. I think Stricklin nailed every part of the fball expansion project from incorporating fans and being extremely smart with the funds he had. Plus, the size of the new DWS will be exactly what MSU needs as we don't need a 70K+ facility.
3. No credit for NOT firing Cohen after the rough early years?
4. No credit for challenging the rest of the SEC brass to come to a "compromise" on the cowbells? We all know that MSU is NEVER going to ring responsibly, but they cowbells are still allowed inside DWS
5. Botched BB hire? Be specific. Who else were the candidates...some retreads with questionable character issues with AAU leagues? From the little I've seen of Ray is that he doesn't tolerate and banishes misconduct (love that about him) immediately and his team plays incredibly hard every night. The worst team that MSU has had in 20 years still beat the best OM bball team in that same time period. I'm sorry, I don't want to win enough if that means having a figurehead of your bb team being a repeat convicted felon (Marshall) so let's put the whole OM greatness in perspective as I get the impression that the OM FB coach is turning a blind eye to alot of things as well. Let's give RR some time before calling it botched.
6. I don't follow the smaller sports as much, but it appears that the few women's coaches he's hired have been above avg.
7. SS is NOT LT. LT hired Croom...enough said.
8. SS, despite being a MSU guy, gets no credit for his outside experience at Baylor and KY? So, we need a guy from the outside to be the AD, but we're completely ok with hiring HUD who has strong MS ties? Seems counter thinking to me. I like the add'l fact that SS is a MSU guy just like I like the fact that HUD has strong MS ties. More importantly, I don't think that blinds SS from making the best decisions for the school. LT would've hired the KY asst quite quickly.

As for the compliance argument, yes we need to eliminate Bracky. It's laughable what's he done. In fact, the whole spirit of terminal curiousity that resides in that dept needs to go. I'm all of for abiding by the laws and conducting our sports team in an upstanding way, but the penalties that our teams and players have incurred outweigh the crimes. PLEASE don't ever be brainwashed in giving OM any credit on this....have you not noticed how irresponsible they are with their spending, hiring of VERY questionable character coaches to run their teams? Freeze & Kennedy are two of the dirtiest coaches out there..come on man.

We all appreciate your passion. Hell, that's why this forum exists, but there's two problems with all of MSU sports right now and I think both can be fixed without a complete overhaul.
#1 Replace Bracky. I do like your idea of his replacement and you've offered a solution. End of the day, a legal background is required there.
#2 Better usage of personnel on the fball team - Quay? RBs? We all hate losing and when the fball teams loses, it's a major ripple effect throughout all sports. That's why fball is so imperative that we put the players in the best possible position to win every game and Dan just needs to continue to evolve in that area...he's getting there, but he's definitely dug himself a hole.

The Croom Diaries
11-09-2013, 11:45 AM
You do realize who the president backed in the BB coaching search? It wasn't the Current AD

No, I don't really know what you're talking about. But at any rate the president is responsible for the employment of both of the people your rant was about. So if you want them removed, this was an indirect letter to him about what you think should be done. Therefore, if action isn't taken by him to remove these people, you should want the president removed (unless your affinity for the president supersedes the level to which you believe these two bring MSU athletics down).

gravedigger
11-09-2013, 11:49 AM
Exactly....the true sign MSU hits rock ****ing bottom.

We start looking for bullshit UM examples to praise them for.

gravedigger
11-09-2013, 11:50 AM
And yours is too.

War Machine Dawg
11-09-2013, 12:25 PM
So, Stricklin doesn't get credit for any of the following:
1. Acquiring the remaining private funds across multiple years to build the Seal complex & fball stadium expansion?
2. Diligently vetting all plan options for both of the fball facilities via thorough interviewing and review of planned proposals? From all of renderings I've seen pre the Seal the complex & fball expansion, I have to admit that both have far exceeded my expectations. Hell, the fball addition is going to provide 3-4 different fan viewing experiences that will enhance gameday for any aged fan. I think Stricklin nailed every part of the fball expansion project from incorporating fans and being extremely smart with the funds he had. Plus, the size of the new DWS will be exactly what MSU needs as we don't need a 70K+ facility.
3. No credit for NOT firing Cohen after the rough early years?
4. No credit for challenging the rest of the SEC brass to come to a "compromise" on the cowbells? We all know that MSU is NEVER going to ring responsibly, but they cowbells are still allowed inside DWS
5. Botched BB hire? Be specific. Who else were the candidates...some retreads with questionable character issues with AAU leagues? From the little I've seen of Ray is that he doesn't tolerate and banishes misconduct (love that about him) immediately and his team plays incredibly hard every night. The worst team that MSU has had in 20 years still beat the best OM bball team in that same time period. I'm sorry, I don't want to win enough if that means having a figurehead of your bb team being a repeat convicted felon (Marshall) so let's put the whole OM greatness in perspective as I get the impression that the OM FB coach is turning a blind eye to alot of things as well. Let's give RR some time before calling it botched.
6. I don't follow the smaller sports as much, but it appears that the few women's coaches he's hired have been above avg.
7. SS is NOT LT. LT hired Croom...enough said.
8. SS, despite being a MSU guy, gets no credit for his outside experience at Baylor and KY? So, we need a guy from the outside to be the AD, but we're completely ok with hiring HUD who has strong MS ties? Seems counter thinking to me. I like the add'l fact that SS is a MSU guy just like I like the fact that HUD has strong MS ties. More importantly, I don't think that blinds SS from making the best decisions for the school. LT would've hired the KY asst quite quickly.

As for the compliance argument, yes we need to eliminate Bracky. It's laughable what's he done. In fact, the whole spirit of terminal curiousity that resides in that dept needs to go. I'm all of for abiding by the laws and conducting our sports team in an upstanding way, but the penalties that our teams and players have incurred outweigh the crimes. PLEASE don't ever be brainwashed in giving OM any credit on this....have you not noticed how irresponsible they are with their spending, hiring of VERY questionable character coaches to run their teams? Freeze & Kennedy are two of the dirtiest coaches out there..come on man.

We all appreciate your passion. Hell, that's why this forum exists, but there's two problems with all of MSU sports right now and I think both can be fixed without a complete overhaul.
#1 Replace Bracky. I do like your idea of his replacement and you've offered a solution. End of the day, a legal background is required there.
#2 Better usage of personnel on the fball team - Quay? RBs? We all hate losing and when the fball teams loses, it's a major ripple effect throughout all sports. That's why fball is so imperative that we put the players in the best possible position to win every game and Dan just needs to continue to evolve in that area...he's getting there, but he's definitely dug himself a hole.

There's so much FAIL in this post, I don't even know where to begin.