PDA

View Full Version : OT but sports related

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-03-2020, 09:32 AM
Did anyone see the 7A Alabama state championship finish? Thompson High School wins after being down by 9 with :20 left WITHOUT the ball. They ran a blocked punt back. Got the onside kick. Got two PIs. Kicked game winning FG. It was unbelievable. My first thought was, ?This is something that would happen to State!?

FISHDAWG
12-03-2020, 10:47 AM
Did anyone see the 7A Alabama state championship finish? Thompson High School wins after being down by 9 with :20 left WITHOUT the ball. They ran a blocked punt back. Got the onside kick. Got two PIs. Kicked game winning FG. It was unbelievable. My first thought was, ?This is something that would happen to State!?

Pretty Cool ... When I was a Freshman at South Jones we were down to George County 21-0 with 2 minutes left in the game when we took possession .... We won that game 22-21 and went on to an undefeated season... but we had some studs on that team like Donald Ray King and Ron Harper who both played for State ... Our Linebacker could have played at any school in the country but ended up at Southern Miss because he didn't want to leave his girlfriend .... nothing like a big come from behind victory

KentuckyDawg13
12-03-2020, 11:39 AM
https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/12/03/alabama-high-school-football-thompson-auburn-finish-video

William Tecumsah Sherman
12-03-2020, 11:42 AM
Thanks, KentuckyDawg. This is my favorite thing about sports. The kids on both of these teams will be telling this story to their grandkids one day.

R2Dawg
12-03-2020, 12:42 PM
Thanks, KentuckyDawg. This is my favorite thing about sports. The kids on both of these teams will be telling this story to their grandkids one day.

Ha, well at least one of them will.