PDA

View Full Version : Post Egg Thoughts.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Needed a little time to get my thoughts together.

First off I will say this, if you look at all what has happened and still think that Leach will not win. Or that there is some magical 3-8 defense that is Leach kryptonite. I cannot help you. We have not seen what the experts on here call a 3-8 since the Arkansas and UK games. Just bc there is a 3 man front does not automatically mean that you can or should run the ball. We are not seeing a prevent defense. Leach is not a dumbass and his QB is not either. Rogers has shown he will scorch the 3-8. We stopped ourselves Saturday. Penalties bad snaps and a few of of upperclassmen WRs effort was not there. That will be gone. We apparently have no one else.

Would I like to see us adapt and add more to the run game? Absolutely. We should. We could run GT counter add an h back and run buck sweep or spilt flow zone. It would help. But that is not Leach. I would not count on it. And accomplishing what he has accomplished where he has done it at, you cannot blame him. I am a firm believer that you either adapt or die. He has got to get his OL in here so he can do what he wants to do. Will could check to more runs, but when you look at our YPC it is not great. I hate throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line as much as we do but I am not making 5 mil. I do not have a scholarship to play in the SEC. They do.

I have been preaching for a while that we do not have a SEC safety on the roster. 35 is a good kid and plays hard and I hate to pound on one kid but he cannot do it. I have no idea why 23 does not get more reps but I?m sure there is a reason for it. But it is not all a talent issue. Arnett has to change how we are playing at safety. 3rd and 18 should not be a touchdown. Yes their guy pushed off. Yes 35 should have made a tackle or got a flag. But there is no way in hell they should get a 1 on 1 vs our worst player at any time. Play with 2 safeties if you have too. Put 35 at the dog safety and roll him down in the box. Your worst player cannot be easily picked on. We allowed it to happen. 3rd and 8 late in the game they came out in 2x2 and we walked our ILBs up and kept our safeties back at 12 yards. 8 for them is standing basically uncovered in the slot, runs a hitch makes 28 miss and it?s a back breaker 1st down. Arnett has to change it. We can to play scared but still give up 80 yard bombs. Take something away. A fade is a harder throw than a hitch. Bring more pressure, we cannot cover anyway.

All that said, looking at what we have dealt with and the shit culture he inherited we have gotten just about as much as we could get out of what we have. The young kids are winners. 2 of the better ones are still out with injury. Janari Dean is a DOG and will be an immediate improvement at safety.

If y?all really want someone to get mad at, get mad at the ones who quit on this team bc they got held accountable for their own actions. Even with all the shit we have dealt with, injury covid, inexperience contact tracing, if they are around we win the game. OM beat us with 43 scholarship players and it took a hell of a play from tylan Knight to beat us. Leach will own Kiffins ass. Bet on it. We are going to win. They won the most meaningless Egg that I?ve ever seen and were pretty damn lucky to do it.

End it finally with this, if you cannot support this team and this bunch you might as well go to Walmart and get you a crimson tee and roll on

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 09:50 PM
Another cancel culture post. If you don't agree with me then you must be eliminated or you don't belong, go find another team BS.

Supporting the team doesn't mean you can't critique what you see. You did it and it is OK but if anyone else takes a different view then you need to be deleted. Folks need to stop being so thin skinned.

As I've said a 100 times, I hope Leach is successful because that means MSU is successful but just like with Croom and Moorhead I didn't like what I saw with them early and I don't like what I see from Leach. I've not given up on him yet. We'll see how next year goes. It is still early, will he recruit? Culture management is better than Moorhead although don't like the kick rocks or find another team approach.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 09:52 PM
Another cancel culture post. If you don't agree with me then you must be eliminated or you don't belong, go find another team BS.

Supporting the team doesn't mean you can't critique what you see. You did it and it is OK but if anyone else takes a different view then you need to be deleted. Folks need to stop being so thin skinned.

As I've said a 100 times, I hope Leach is successful because that means MSU is successful but just like with Croom and Moorhead I didn't like what I saw with them early and I don't like what I see from Leach. I've not given up on him yet. We'll see how next year goes. It is still early, will he recruit? Culture management is better than Moorhead although don't like the kick rocks or find another team approach.

Dude over half of the post was critical of what we were doing.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 09:52 PM
I promise you I am the opposite off cancel culture. Cancel culture was what we had under Moorhead. It was hard so we won?t do that BS

Coach34
11-30-2020, 09:54 PM
2020 OM Defense is the only defense in the HISTORY OF THE SEC- to give up 501 yards plus per game and over 7 yards per play. Historically bad defense.

But we should be excited we scored 24 against a team giving up 40 per. Got it.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 09:56 PM
Dude over half of the post was critical of what we were doing.

I agree that was the irony then you tell anyone that has a different opinion of Leach's performance so far to find another team? Mixed signals??

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 09:57 PM
2020 OM Defense is the only defense in the HISTORY OF THE SEC- to give up 501 yards plus per game and over 7 yards per play. Historically bad defense.

I swear to God you pick and choose more than any I have seen. If it was your personal offense you would be touting how it was brand new and full of young guys playing very well.

NVM the fact that we had a TD lost by a fumble at the foot line. There is 31 points. NVM the bad snaps, high low penalty, illegal formation penalty and shit effort from a few upperclassmen. All of that is on Leach? There is no coach in the country who could do a lot better with what we were given. We were basically a 3A against a 6A the past few weeks but you are spreading this shit. I agree with a lot of what you say but this act is old

msstate7
11-30-2020, 09:58 PM

South Carolina put 42 on 547 yards the game before us. Boom teams are known for their big time offense though.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2020, 09:58 PM
Agree with what you said about the offense. It will work and the 3-8 is not some magic silver bullet. That being said, do I think adding some wrinkles in the run game would make it better? Yeah. But calling inside zone five more times per game right now would make our offense worse, not better.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 09:59 PM
Who is the other guy besides Dean that was out due to injury that you are referring to? Cooley?

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:00 PM
I swear to God you pick and choose more than any I have seen. If it was your personal offense you would be touting how it was brand new and full of young guys playing very well.

NVM the fact that we had a TD lost by a fumble at the foot line. There is 31 points. NVM the bad snaps, high low penalty, illegal formation penalty and shit effort from a few upperclassmen. All of that is on Leach? There is no coach in the country who could do a lot better with what we were given. We were basically a 3A against a 6A the past few weeks but you are spreading this shit. I agree with a lot of what you say but this act is old

Nailed it.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:00 PM
I promise you I am the opposite off cancel culture. Cancel culture was what we had under Moorhead. It was hard so we won?t do that BS

Not sure you understand what cancel culture is. It is not just because somethng is hard, don't do it. It is if you have a different view or opinion I will cancel you out because if it doesn't agree with my position your opinion don't count. Maybe you don't feel that way but some of your comments sure expressed that.

maroonmania
11-30-2020, 10:01 PM

I really don't have a problem with anyone that wants to critique what we have seen so far this year, even though there are plenty of good reasons why our offense has not performed well. But I do have problems with folks like C34 and others that are already professing that it will be the 'same shit' production next year. Why don't we wait until we see all of these young guys go through a Spring and be in their 2nd year in the system and THEN see how they perform before we crap all over them and the Leach system for a season that hasn't even begun yet. I have a major issue with those already campaigning that we won't ever win with Leach and are apparently fully prepared to do nothing but run the program down for the next 2 seasons. Because unless Leach does something OFF the field to get canned he will be here at least for 2 more football seasons. Just sowing negativity in the fanbase for the heck of it right now over Leach is totally counterproductive to everything related to MSU football and so for folks that are going to do that, I really wish they would just go away.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:01 PM
Needed a little time to get my thoughts together.

First off I will say this, if you look at all what has happened and still think that Leach will not win. Or that there is some magical 3-8 defense that is Leach kryptonite. I cannot help you. We have not seen what the experts on here call a 3-8 since the Arkansas and UK games. Just bc there is a 3 man front does not automatically mean that you can or should run the ball. We are not seeing a prevent defense. Leach is not a dumbass and his QB is not either. Rogers has shown he will scorch the 3-8. We stopped ourselves Saturday. Penalties bad snaps and a few of of upperclassmen WRs effort was not there. That will be gone. We apparently have no one else.

Would I like to see us adapt and add more to the run game? Absolutely. We should. We could run GT counter add an h back and run buck sweep or spilt flow zone. It would help. But that is not Leach. I would not count on it. And accomplishing what he has accomplished where he has done it at, you cannot blame him. I am a firm believer that you either adapt or die. He has got to get his OL in here so he can do what he wants to do. Will could check to more runs, but when you look at our YPC it is not great. I hate throwing the ball inside the 5 yard line as much as we do but I am not making 5 mil. I do not have a scholarship to play in the SEC. They do.

I have been preaching for a while that we do not have a SEC safety on the roster. 35 is a good kid and plays hard and I hate to pound on one kid but he cannot do it. I have no idea why 23 does not get more reps but I?m sure there is a reason for it. But it is not all a talent issue. Arnett has to change how we are playing at safety. 3rd and 18 should not be a touchdown. Yes their guy pushed off. Yes 35 should have made a tackle or got a flag. But there is no way in hell they should get a 1 on 1 vs our worst player at any time. Play with 2 safeties if you have too. Put 35 at the dog safety and roll him down in the box. Your worst player cannot be easily picked on. We allowed it to happen. 3rd and 8 late in the game they came out in 2x2 and we walked our ILBs up and kept our safeties back at 12 yards. 8 for them is standing basically uncovered in the slot, runs a hitch makes 28 miss and it?s a back breaker 1st down. Arnett has to change it. We can to play scared but still give up 80 yard bombs. Take something away. A fade is a harder throw than a hitch. Bring more pressure, we cannot cover anyway.

All that said, looking at what we have dealt with and the shit culture he inherited we have gotten just about as much as we could get out of what we have. The young kids are winners. 2 of the better ones are still out with injury. Janari Dean is a DOG and will be an immediate improvement at safety.

If y?all really want someone to get mad at, get mad at the ones who quit on this team bc they got held accountable for their own actions. Even with all the shit we have dealt with, injury covid, inexperience contact tracing, if they are around we win the game. OM beat us with 43 scholarship players and it took a hell of a play from tylan Knight to beat us. Leach will own Kiffins ass. Bet on it. We are going to win. They won the most meaningless Egg that I?ve ever seen and were pretty damn lucky to do it.

End it finally with this, if you cannot support this team and this bunch you might as well go to Walmart and get you a crimson tee and roll on

Thanks for this post Leach!

Awesome job. We're going to win that's obvious. It's just a matter of how quickly do we take that next step.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:02 PM

Not to mention the fact that we are probably the only offense in SEC history to be as young as we are and to play with as few OL as we have had. Sure there are some that are playing that have JR or Soph listed to their name, but If it?s their first reps they are still a Freshman. The most experienced position is LG and RG literally all the rest except for Williams are young or they do not play as hard as they should. You cannot play it both ways. You get on here almost ad nasuem about other teams, ESP Auburn year in year out about how young they are say that?s the reason they?ll kick our ass the next year. We are playing with less experience than anyone in the conference and a brand new system. That is a hell of a spot to be in as a coach...You should know that...You do not think we will improve?

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2020, 10:03 PM

Straw man.

No one is excited about what our offense did Saturday- or at least they shouldn?t be. You can be pissed about us shooting ourselves in the foot, while also being excited about the future of this offense. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Leach averaged 20.4 PPG in year 1 at WSU, and that was with a full offseason/spring. He then averaged 31-40 PPG every year from 2013-2019. I expect us to make a big jump next season. If we don?t, then barring some crazy circumstances yeah we?ve got problems.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:03 PM

While we have looked better than anemic on O, I don't think we have proved anything yet. Why wouldn't we look better against worst D in league? Now if we do that in next 2-3 games, OK maybe something is working. Way too soon. Moorhead looked good against weak teams too. So did Croom

Coach34
11-30-2020, 10:04 PM

Teams **** up on offense every week. Guess what? Next year we will have bad snaps, fumbles, penalties, illegal formation penalties as well. Our offensive talent Saturday was greater than the talent OM put on the field defensively. Spin spin spin- but a turd is still a turd

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:05 PM
Not sure you understand what cancel culture is. It is not just because somethng is hard, don't do it. It is if you have a different view or opinion I will cancel you out because if it doesn't agree with my position your opinion don't count. Maybe you don't feel that way but some of your comments sure expressed that.

Man. I know what cancel culture is. I am sorry you took my post as cancel culture bc that was not my intention.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:06 PM
Straw man.

No one is excited about what our offense did Saturday- or at least they shouldn?t be. You can be pissed about us shooting ourselves in the foot, while also being excited about the future of this offense. The two are not mutually exclusive.

Leach averaged 20.4 PPG in year 1 at WSU, and that was with a full offseason/spring. He then averaged 31-40 PPG every year from 2013-2019. I expect us to make a big jump next season. If we don?t, then barring some crazy circumstances yeah we?ve got problems.

That's what's funny. Leach is actually ahead of schedule yet very few realize it.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:06 PM
Straw man.

I agree. I am willing to wait and see more but just anointing him the king of O at this point is just ignorant but what many are doing. Like what the D has done and they have proved their position. O not so much.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:07 PM
Teams **** up on offense every week. Guess what? Next year we will have bad snaps, fumbles, penalties, illegal formation penalties as well. Our offensive talent Saturday was greater than the talent OM put on the field defensively. Spin spin spin- but a turd is still a turd

Our talent was better but they had two weeks to prepare and our players are way younger than their defense. Does that not matter?

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:07 PM

Seems to be the problem with the O. It must be perfect to work. Not gonna happen in the SEC.

Coach34
11-30-2020, 10:08 PM
do not think we will improve?

We may be a little better next year. But until we put some innovation into the run game- we will not win SEC games. Our current offense the way its called will not win the SEC. 61 passes against one of the worst run defenses in the country wont fly in SEC football.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:08 PM

We have the fewest fumbles as a team in the SEC. And it's not like we're having illegal formation penalties every week. And yeah- snaps are an issue and that will get corrected. Our centers are a sophomore and a DT.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:09 PM

I know you know this but typically the more experience you have the less of those F ups you commit.

Also, I hate to tell you but our WRs except for one who is legit and the other bc he is tough and smart are not more talented than anyone. 11 should get all of 5 and 18s reps. 5 had a huge play on a deep ball and saw a safety coming and ran away from the ball. Anyway before I get off point, you should know better

Todd4State
We may be a little better next year. But until we put some innovation into the run game- we will not win SEC games. Our current offense the way its called will not win the SEC. 61 passes against one of the worst run defenses in the country wont fly in SEC football.

They also had one of the worst pass defenses in the SEC.

R2Dawg
Our talent was better but they had two weeks to prepare and our players are way younger than their defense. Does that not matter?

Gun you been harping on the two weeks to prepare for air raid. It don't take that long. Only got to defend a few plays and nothing in the run game. It ain't rocket science. Hasn't changed in 20+ years.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:11 PM

True, we ain't taking the next step with this philosophy.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:12 PM

I do wish we would do more with the run game. It is in the book, he has done it before. That we agree on. BUT..

You either did not watch the game or are just carrying this on for popularity sake. It took a 14-0 swing on a fumble at the GL for them to beat us. The last 2 weeks, with the fewest amount of scholly players in the league, and with the least amount of experience, has come down to the last play on the road against 2 SEC opponents. Come on dude.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 10:12 PM
We have the fewest fumbles as a team in the SEC. And it's not like we're having illegal formation penalties every week. And yeah- snaps are an issue and that will get corrected. Our centers are a sophomore and a DT.

Don't worry we make up for it in pick 6s. But Will has done well not turning it over the past several games, got lucky a few at UGA but he is learning.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:14 PM
I really don't have a problem with anyone that wants to critique what we have seen so far this year, even though there are plenty of good reasons why our offense has not performed well. But I do have problems with folks like C34 and others that are already professing that it will be the 'same shit' production next year. Why don't we wait until we see all of these young guys go through a Spring and be in their 2nd year in the system and THEN see how they perform before we crap all over them and the Leach system for a season that hasn't even begun yet. I have a major issue with those already campaigning that we won't ever win with Leach and are apparently fully prepared to do nothing but run the program down for the next 2 seasons. Because unless Leach does something OFF the field to get canned he will be here at least for 2 more football seasons. Just sowing negativity in the fanbase for the heck of it right now over Leach is totally counterproductive to everything related to MSU football and so for folks that are going to do that, I really wish they would just go away.

THIS! For a few vocal fans all they do is whine about how they don't like what we're doing. It's absolutely absurd. And the ONLY reason they're running our coach down is because they want to see more exciting plays where we hand the ball off. At MSU we not only want to win- but by God we have to win running the ball because that's what we do like a bunch of dumb rednecks.**

Not to mention the fact that we are probably the only offense in SEC history to be as young as we are and to play with as few OL as we have had. Sure there are some that are playing that have JR or Soph listed to their name, but If it?s their first reps they are still a Freshman. The most experienced position is LG and RG literally all the rest except for Williams are young or they do not play as hard as they should. You cannot play it both ways. You get on here almost ad nasuem about other teams, ESP Auburn year in year out about how young they are say that?s the reason they?ll kick our ass the next year. We are playing with less experience than anyone in the conference and a brand new system. That is a hell of a spot to be in as a coach...You should know that...You do not think we will improve?

Of course we won't improve. Everyone else gets better except us.**

Coach34
11-30-2020, 10:16 PM
I know you know this but typically the more experience you have the less of those F ups you commit.

Also, I hate to tell you but our WRs except for one who is legit and the other bc he is tough and smart are not more talented than anyone. 11 should get all of 5 and 18s reps. 5 had a huge play on a deep ball and saw a safety coming and ran away from the ball. Anyway before I get off point, you should know better

Look- I like your kid and think he will be a solid college QB. I just dont think the offense the way we run it currently is going to work. Agree we need to add some innovation to the run game with a counter or buck with a thumper in the offense. Hell, I run an RPO with the Buck that stretches the field horizontally. Our Genius could at least do that. If Leach will morph as a veteran as Saban did- he will be successful. If he doesnt? He will go the way of Les Miles

BuckyIsAB****

We do not have more talent at WR than they have at DB. We have 2 WRs that would get an offer from someone else. And 4 is not one of them atm. He is getting better but he has got to mature. He is killing us with penalties. He has a chance to be legit but I would take 85 over him right now

Todd4State
Don't worry we make up for it in pick 6s. But Will has done well not turning it over the past several games, got lucky a few at UGA but he is learning.

Will simply takes care of the ball better than Costello. In hindsight to me that's Leach's biggest mistake. Not going with Will to start with. But I understand why he didn't since he was a true freshman and coaches tend to lean on experience- sometimes too much in some cases. Also, Rogers was sick the first two games.

If we don't have the pick 6's we beat Arkansas and Kentucky and our season is probably completely different.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:19 PM
I think the answer is in the middle.

I think Leach is a really good coach with a good, not great offensive system that lacks versatility

Because he's an excellent manager/decision maker/culture setter with a good offensive system, we're going to get pretty good and consistent.

However, to really compete for the West, he'll need to make some adaptations in the run game. It's probably why he's always won, but never won his division or conference

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Look- I like your kid and think he will be a solid college QB. I just dont think the offense the way we run it currently is going to work. Agree we need to add some innovation to the run game with a counter or buck with a thumper in the offense. Hell, I run an RPO with the Buck that stretches the field horizontally. Our Genius could at least do that. If Leach will morph as a veteran as Saban did- he will be successful. If he doesnt? He will go the way of Les Miles

Again you just can?t get out of your own way. He is not my kid. I love him to death won?t deny that but he is not my kid. Lame as hell of you to keep that on.

The rest I agree with to an extent. I personally would not do what he does either. I hate being one dimensional. It will work, change or die. We agree on that. But some of y?all just act like there is no chance and that is ridiculous. You me and Bear Bryant could not do much with what he has been given. The kids fight harder than they have fought since the gator bowl of 2017!

Captain Falcon
11-30-2020, 10:21 PM

Dear gosh.

Nobody is saying we all of the sudden have a good offense and are right where we need to be. Just that we have shown growth and there is reason to think we will be just fine in the long run given who our coach is and some of the bright spots we have seen in recent games.

Our defense from October 3rd to November 7th was one of the worst in college football. We finished with 2 points against a very mediocre Kentucky team and barely cracked 200 yards of offense against a Vandy defense that is currently ranked 116th in the country. We were as low as a Mike Leach offense possibly could have been. But comparative to where we were just three weeks ago, the offense has clearly made improvements. Even if you don't think we did enough against Ole Miss, we have still taken steps forward in the last two games.

Our freshman QB has progressively gotten better in each of his three starts and just threw for 440 and three TDs, we have a true freshman WR who has more yards in 8 games than any of our receivers since 2016 have had in a full 13 game season, and we are having to play two freshmen tailbacks and two freshmen tackles. We are getting either very little or flat out nothing from the players we expected to be leading us at the beginning of the year.

It is never OK to lose the Egg Bowl and it is disappointing that we made some mistakes that cost us the game. But we were dead to rights two weeks ago and our fans were claiming we should cancel the rest of our games because we were just going to get embarrassed in all of them. Instead we have played two road games against teams that are better than us this year, all while we have been massively short-handed, and we gave those teams all we could handle all while showing the first signs of life that our offense has shown since Week 1.

Now I do think we need to find a way to beat Auburn or Missouri so that we can have something other than moral victories to hang our hats on, but I am pleased with the growth we have shown in recent weeks and now feel much better about our chances to win either of these last two games.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:22 PM

I think Leach is a really good coach with a good, not great offensive system that lacks versatility

Because he's an excellent manager/decision maker/culture setter with a good offensive system, we're going to get pretty good and consistent.

However, to really compete for the West, he'll need to make some adaptations in the run game. It's probably why he's always won, but never won his division or conference

We have a better shot at the west with this than we had with ******* ?power spread? as y?all call it. Bama will eat that shit for lunch. Spin a safety to the RB side down for the read option/QB power/counter and play cover 1 and 2 man on 3rd down and Mullen was in his shell.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:23 PM
That's what's funny. Leach is actually ahead of schedule yet very few realize it.

That's the thing. Leach- unlike Croom or Moorhead- has an actual track record of doing this. And so far it has played out like it has before. Which makes freaking out even less intelligent at this point.

The other funny thing is Leach's offense is pretty close in PPG to Dan in 2009- and our offense PPG is the same as 2010 and 2011 with a good chance of passing those two in the next couple of games.

And what did some of these same posters say on sixpack at the time? "Wait till Dan gets the right personnel in". And yet- Leach with a plethora of freshmen and sophomores and a broken culture essentially performing at the same level as Dan "won't work in the SEC".

Heck- Dan's best offenses were when could actually pass the ball adequately.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:25 PM
We have a better shot at the west with this than we had with ******* ?power spread? as y?all call it. Bama will eat that shit for lunch. Spin a safety to the RB side down for the read option/QB power/counter and play cover 1 and 2 man on 3rd down and Mullen was in his shell.

Agree with that. Much easier to block 3 and pass vs blue bloods than to try and run vs a loaded box

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:26 PM

Don't remind me. I remember sitting in the stands against Alabama in 2017 knowing that Dan was going to run Fitz up the middle on 4th and 8 or whatever it was and being completely depressed knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:26 PM
That's the thing. Leach- unlike Croom or Moorhead- has an actual track record of doing this. And so far it has played out like it has before. Which makes freaking out even less intelligent at this point.

The other funny thing is Leach's offense is pretty close in PPG to Dan in 2009- and our offense PPG is the same as 2010 and 2011 with a good chance of passing those two in the next couple of games.

And what did some of these same posters say on sixpack at the time? "Wait till Dan gets the right personnel in". And yet- Leach with a plethora of freshmen and sophomores and a broken culture essentially performing at the same level as Dan "won't work in the SEC".

Heck- Dan's best offenses were when could actually pass the ball adequately.

100%

I see what C34 is saying as well. I just think he's embellishing it

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:27 PM
Dear gosh.

Nobody is saying we all of the sudden have a good offense and are right where we need to be. Just that we have shown growth and there is reason to think we will be just fine in the long run given who our coach is and some of the bright spots we have seen in recent games.

Our defense from October 3rd to November 7th was one of the worst in college football. We finished with 2 points against a very mediocre Kentucky team and barely cracked 200 yards of offense against a Vandy defense that is currently ranked 116th in the country. We were as low as a Mike Leach offense possibly could have been. But comparative to where we were just three weeks ago, the offense has clearly made improvements. Even if you don't think we did enough against Ole Miss, we have still taken steps forward in the last two games.

Our freshman QB has progressively gotten better in each of his three starts and just threw for 440 and three TDs, we have a true freshman WR who has more yards in 8 games than any receiver of our receivers since 2016 have had in a full 13 game season, and we are having to play two freshmen tailbacks and two freshmen tackles. We are getting either very little or flat out nothing from the players we expected to be leading us at the beginning of the year.

It is never OK to lose the Egg Bowl and it is disappointing that we made some mistakes that cost us the game. But we were dead to rights two weeks ago and our fans were claiming we should cancel the rest of our games because we were just going to get embarrassed in all of them. Instead we have played two road games against teams that are better than us this year, all while we have been massively short-handed, and we gave those teams all we could handle all while showing the first signs of life that our offense has shown since Week 1.

Now I do think we need to find a way to beat Auburn or Missouri in order to so that we can have something other than moral victories to hang our hats on, but I am pleased with the growth we have shown in recent weeks and now feel much better about our chances to win either of these last two games.

I was not saying it was ok to lose the egg. But if I could pick one to lose it was this one. They know what it is and they know they were lucky. The cute shit about got Lane beat by a team with 43 scholarship players.

All of y?all should stop pointing to the Vandy game as some black mark. It was a miracle to win it with the OL we had. One OL can make the whole bunch look awful. And that happened. It takes all 11 every snap to win

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:28 PM

We need to run better but to me it's we need to be more effective. Our YPC are pitiful for facing a 3 man front as much as we have. Leach's offenses typically average more than what we have right now- and in year one once again he struggled to run the ball same as us this year.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 10:28 PM
Don't remind me. I remember sitting in the stands against Alabama in 2017 knowing that Dan was going to run Fitz up the middle on 4th and 8 or whatever it was and being completely depressed knowing there was nothing I could do about it.

Yeah that wasn't going to work with much better WR and QB play.

I do like the offensive recruiting advantage of this offense. We can sell it to WRs and QBs

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 10:31 PM
Yeah that wasn't going to work with much better WR and QB play.

I do like the offensive recruiting advantage of this offense. We can sell it to WRs and QBs

And that's exactly what we desperately need. For way too long because we were so run heavy we had a reputation as a place where you couldn't get to the NFL if you played receiver here. We will start putting WR's in the league and in the meantime we'll keep recruiting like we have.

Captain Falcon
11-30-2020, 10:32 PM
I was not saying it was ok to lose the egg. But if I could pick one to lose it was this one. They know what it is and they know they were lucky. The cute shit about got Lane beat by a team with 43 scholarship players.

All of y?all should stop pointing to the Vandy game as some black mark. It was a miracle to win it with the OL we had. One OL can make the whole bunch look awful. And that happened. It takes all 11 every snap to win

I will agree that the OL roster issues in the Vandy game have gotten overlooked, and I will own some of that too. I also thought we did a good job early in the game of working around some of those issues and then got away from it as the game went on for whatever reason. I'm sure Mason made some adjustments, but still. The second half of that game was UGLY.

But that was my point, I feel like the Vandy game to now is a nice "look how far we have come" barometer. Even if we have scored 24 in both of the last two games just as we did against Vandy, the level of competency in which we have done so definitely seems higher. We've just looked more comfortable in general, and I'm sure the OL having more regulars available is part of that, but I think Rogers and the receivers have improved too.

messageboardsuperhero
11-30-2020, 10:42 PM
I agree. I am willing to wait and see more but just anointing him the king of O at this point is just ignorant but what many are doing. Like what the D has done and they have proved their position. O not so much.

I am not willing to anoint Leach or anyone else on our offensive coaching staff kind of Jack shit right now. We have not been good offensively.

But I am also capable of reviewing track record, taking circumstances into account, and reading the nuances of this situation.

Both year 1s Leach has had, they scored 25 points or less per game. And every other year at those programs after year one (2001-2009 at TTU and 2013-2019 at WSU) they scored 30-42 PPG. Both year ones are his worst offensively in his career, and every single one of the other 16 seasons, Leach?s offenses have been somewhere between good and elite. Every. Single. Time. That is his track record. We are living through it right now.

You also have to consider we are playing with an absolutely insane amount of freshmen- got to be more than anyone in America. True freshman at QB. Our top 2 RBs are true freshmen. Our leading WR is a true freshman. Our starting LT is a RS freshman and basically a Wiley veteran compared to the other guys I mentioned. We also did not have spring practice and had very limited offseason workout reps.

Judge Leach after next year- not in the middle of an abridged year one.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:43 PM
South Carolina put 42 on 547 yards the game before us. Boom teams are known for their big time offense though.

You are the kid putting his fingers in his ears and screaming sometimes man

HoopsDawg
11-30-2020, 10:44 PM
Agree with what you said about the offense. It will work and the 3-8 is not some magic silver bullet. That being said, do I think adding some wrinkles in the run game would make it better? Yeah. But calling inside zone five more times per game right now would make our offense worse, not better.

The 3-8 may not be a magic bullet, but 7 different teams in a row have played it. So there must be something to it.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2020, 10:47 PM
61 passes against one of the worst run defenses in the country wont fly in SEC football.

I don't care what anyone says. That's just bad coaching.

And no, we don't want to keep running the draw into the 3-8. We just want some innovation in the run game like they have done at OU and other places.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:52 PM
The 3-8 may not be a magic bullet, but 7 different teams in a row have played it. So there must be something to it.

Dude. Teams play cover 3 every week is it a magic bullet too? What you are thinking it is and what we are getting are 2 different things.

Being rational, take all Xs and Os talk out of the equation. Do you honestly believe that if the 3-8 was the death of the air raid that this would be the first time he has seen it?

Teams play some version of a head up nose and 2 5s or 4is every week too. Or a 3 a shade and 6s. Happened since Bear Bryant came
Up with the techniques. You are misinformed or willfully ignorant. We are not seeing a prevent defense like y?all say. Just bc their is a 3 man front does not mean aw shucks just hand it off!! Running inside zone vs a 0 and 2 4is with free running LBs is a waste of time.

Now could he had more add adapt with more of a running game? Yes. I think he should. We agree there. And to his credit he has done it before. But if you look at his best rushing years they come with an experienced QB and a draft pick or two on the OL. And yes, the SEC is a different world than the Pac and the B12.

Percho
11-30-2020, 10:53 PM

Did we not score more, because of scheme or because of execution?

How long did we go in the game before we figured out we had all the time in the world to let pass plays develop. Do you think that is because of coaching or because of youth at position of QB and receiver also?

You are a coach. When you get guys from Jr Hi are they ready? Do you have them ready the first game, 3rd, 6th 10th, next year?

Tell us all about it.

BankerDog
11-30-2020, 10:56 PM

If you saw his Twitter beef with Marcus Rogers last night, you would know this is exactly what happened. Won 2 games all last year but brags how great his offense was..

maroonmania
11-30-2020, 10:56 PM
100%

I see what C34 is saying as well. I just think he's embellishing it

The thing is, some of the folks saying the system won't work, I just wonder if they EVER stayed up and watched Washington State games in the Pac 12? The numbers they put up were ridiculous. Will we have trouble putting up big numbers against the elite defenses in the SEC like WSU had trouble with Washington? Yes, I think so, but there are only a few SEC defenses these days that are in the same category as Washington was for most of Leach's tenure at WSU. Heck, we just threw for 336 yards against Georgia who is supposed to be an elite defense. That is WAY better production than the last time Mullen took an offense over to Athens. If you don't like the offense because there isn't enough running fine, but the offense will put up very good numbers against the vast majority of defenses we face once the players are seasoned in the season. As I've said repeatedly, you don't need 5 star QBs and WRs for the Leach system to be successful, you just need reasonably talented, disciplined guys that have been in the system multiple years and know it inside and out.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2020, 10:57 PM
Dude. Teams play cover 3 every week is it a magic bullet too? What you are thinking it is and what we are getting are 2 different things.

Being rational, take all Xs and Os talk out of the equation. Do you honestly believe that if the 3-8 was the death of the air raid that this would be the first time he has seen it?

Teams play some version of a head up nose and 2 5s or 4is every week too. Or a 3 a shade and 6s. Happened since Bear Bryant came
Up with the techniques. You are misinformed or willfully ignorant. We are not seeing a prevent defense like y?all say. Just bc their is a 3 man front does not mean aw shucks just hand it off!! Running inside zone vs a 0 and 2 4is with free running LBs is a waste of time.

Now could he had more add adapt with more of a running game? Yes. I think he should. We agree there. And to his credit he has done it before. But if you look at his best rushing years they come with an experienced QB and a draft pick or two on the OL. And yes, the SEC is a different world than the Pac and the B12.

I'm not calling it a Prevent Defense. Why do you keep saying that? Coach34 calls it a prevent in a sarcastic way. Teams are rushing 3 and dropping 8 into zone coverage for the majority of the game, every game since LSU. They are copying and adapting the template that was laid out by Jimmy Lake at Washington. It's basically the same defense that shut down Leach 7 straight Apple Cups. It's the same defense that Vandy used to hold us to 200 yards. (yes i realize we had LT issues that game). If you can't agree on facts, we can't have a discussion.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:58 PM
I don't care what anyone says. That's just bad coaching.

And no, we don't want to keep running the draw into the 3-8. We just want some innovation in the run game like they have done at OU and other places.

I just find it funny how we can think we can judge a multi time national coach of the year winner he cannot coach all of a sudden.

What he is doing will either evolve/adapt, improve and work or die out. We can agree on that.....but It is not far off as it is rn. If you are damn good at what you do, it does not matter if they know it is coming. And we will get to that point. He has the trigger man. And when he finds it, he has historically won at places that never have won

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 10:59 PM
I'm not calling it a Prevent Defense. Why do you keep saying that? Coach34 calls it a prevent in a sarcastic way. Teams are rushing 3 and dropping 8 into zone coverage for the majority of the game, every game since LSU. They are copying and adapting the template that was laid out by Jimmy Lake at Washington. It's basically the same defense that shut down Leach 7 straight Apple Cups. It's the same defense that Vandy used to hold us to 200 yards. (yes i realize we had LT issues that game). If you can't agree on facts, we can't have a discussion.

Vandy ran it for 2 drives and gave up 14 straight points. After that they blitzed us more than anyone has all season. You are wrong bud.

RezDog7
11-30-2020, 11:00 PM

This dude runs his high school QB every play and thinks he's better play caller than an SEC head coach. Maybe you should stick to junior high football.

maroonmania
11-30-2020, 11:03 PM
This dude runs his high school QB every play and thinks he's better play caller than an SEC head coach. Maybe you should stick to junior high football.

And once the Leach offense is up and rolling and putting up good numbers he will fade away and you won't hear from him.

HoopsDawg
11-30-2020, 11:05 PM
Vandy ran it for 2 drives and gave up 14 straight points. After that they blitzed us more than anyone has all season. You are wrong bud.

Yeah, that 10 yard drive after the Interceptions was awesome. You may not know this, but rushing 4 is not considered a blitz bud.

And by the way, we have to stop touting what Leach did 20 years ago at Texas Tech. It has the same relevance as Joe Lee Dunn once having the number 1 defense in the nation.

Percho
11-30-2020, 11:08 PM

Well OM has given up 1744 rushing yards total and 2480 passing yards total.

RezDog7
11-30-2020, 11:08 PM
Dear gosh.

Our freshman QB has progressively gotten better in each of his three starts and just threw for 440 and three TDs, we have a true freshman WR who has more yards in 8 games than any of our receivers since 2016 have had in a full 13 game season, and we are having to play two freshmen tailbacks and two freshmen tackles. We are getting either very little or flat out nothing from the players we expected to be leading us at the beginning of the year.

Now I do think we need to find a way to beat Auburn or Missouri so that we can have something other than moral victories to hang our hats on, but I am pleased with the growth we have shown in recent weeks and now feel much better about our chances to win either of these last two games.

This all day. Mullen did great things for MSU but all the people bitching about this offense being boring have lost your mind. Mullen ran more QB dives than I care to remember.

BuckyIsAB****
11-30-2020, 11:30 PM
Yeah, that 10 yard drive after the Interceptions was awesome. You may not know this, but rushing 4 is not considered a blitz bud.

And by the way, we have to stop touting what Leach did 20 years ago at Texas Tech. It has the same relevance as Joe Lee Dunn once having the number 1 defense in the nation.

How about 5 or 6 and one of them being their safety hitting our QB in the mouth? They brought pressure on just about every 2nd down in the 2nd half. And some of the other times they did not have to bc 72 was so bad

HoopsDawg
11-30-2020, 11:38 PM
How about 5 or 6 and one of them being their safety hitting our QB in the mouth? They brought pressure on just about every 2nd down in the 2nd half. And some of the other times they did not have to bc 72 was so bad

Leach will adapt or he will fail. He hasn't adapted in 20 years so the smart money is on him failing. I hate to see stupidity based on stubborness. And I think Leach has seen enough success against UGA and OM to think he doesn't have to change. It's called confirmation bias. Croom, Moorhead and Joe Lee Dunn had the same flaw. A lot of fans have same flaw no matter who our coach is right until the end. Even you Bucky, are trying to argue that the last 7 teams haven't played basically the same defense. It's laughable.

Cooterpoot
11-30-2020, 11:44 PM
I'll tell you a coach that fails to adapt- Ben Howland. That guy sucks!

maroonmania
12-01-2020, 12:09 AM
Leach will adapt or he will fail. He hasn't adapted in 20 years so the smart money is on him failing. I hate to see stupidity based on stubborness. And I think Leach has seen enough success against UGA and OM to think he doesn't have to change. It's called confirmation bias. Croom, Moorhead and Joe Lee Dunn had the same flaw. A lot of fans have same flaw no matter who our coach is right until the end. Even you Bucky, are trying to argue that the last 7 teams haven't played basically the same defense. It's laughable.

In 20 years ML has never really had to adapt much because his system has always produced points and he's never really come that close to being fired based on his team's on field performance. If things don't work well and Leach is under fire then he probably will adapt some things. Leach may be stubborn but I don't anyone would call him stupid.

HoopsDawg
12-01-2020, 12:31 AM
In 20 years ML has never really had to adapt much because his system has always produced points and he's never really come that close to being fired based on his team's on field performance. If things don't work well and Leach is under fire then he probably will adapt some things. Leach may be stubborn but I don't anyone would call him stupid.

Good post. But I will say this, those 2 timeouts he burned on offense were about as stupid as you can get at this level. Just atrocious.

kojak
12-01-2020, 08:47 AM

To keep ball away from UM. I thought we were incredibly efficient outside of bad snaps and a goal line fumble.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2020, 09:01 AM

It's just the only defense that remotely works against this defense.

It's also a huge advantage for us going forward because we'll mostly only face 1 scheme with minor adjustments. It also comes close to destroying the blue blood's pass rush, which is something that hasn't happened in the history of our program.

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2020, 09:01 AM
I am not willing to anoint Leach or anyone else on our offensive coaching staff kind of Jack shit right now. We have not been good offensively.

But I am also capable of reviewing track record, taking circumstances into account, and reading the nuances of this situation.

Both year 1s Leach has had, they scored 25 points or less per game. And every other year at those programs after year one (2001-2009 at TTU and 2013-2019 at WSU) they scored 30-42 PPG. Both year ones are his worst offensively in his career, and every single one of the other 16 seasons, Leach?s offenses have been somewhere between good and elite. Every. Single. Time. That is his track record. We are living through it right now.

You also have to consider we are playing with an absolutely insane amount of freshmen- got to be more than anyone in America. True freshman at QB. Our top 2 RBs are true freshmen. Our leading WR is a true freshman. Our starting LT is a RS freshman and basically a Wiley veteran compared to the other guys I mentioned. We also did not have spring practice and had very limited offseason workout reps.

Judge Leach after next year- not in the middle of an abridged year one.

Good post.

I can't understand how this isn't obvious to everyone

ShotgunDawg
12-01-2020, 09:04 AM
FWIW, Bo Bounds said this morning that word from within the program is that we'll run the ball more & better.

He didn't go into the reasons as to why we aren't doing better now, but just passing that along. The coaches seem to agree someone with the complaints here.

Coach34
12-01-2020, 10:46 AM

I know you love me and like to continue to post dumb shit- but at least do a little research before making yourself look like an idiot. My QB had 27 carries this season in 6.5 ballgames. Thats 4 carries per game Waterboy. Also notice we threw 163 passes on the season to 156 runs.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/natchez-bulldogs-(natchez,ms)/football/stats.htm

Also- you can check out the best Soph WR in the state and get a look at our "Junior High" offense here- https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15343426/5fb7e3313deb6f09fcedd1b8?fbclid=IwAR2sUBFvLc7G0Yhu Z4ud6BbxYKXdIOSEV72zUacj2hwn5OtzAG67M2hnjPc

State82
12-01-2020, 11:02 AM
Also- you can check out the best Soph WR in the state and get a look at our "Junior High" offense here- https://www.hudl.com/video/3/15343426/5fb7e3313deb6f09fcedd1b8?fbclid=IwAR2sUBFvLc7G0Yhu Z4ud6BbxYKXdIOSEV72zUacj2hwn5OtzAG67M2hnjPc

Kid is impressive.

RezDog7
12-01-2020, 11:26 AM
I know you love me and like to continue to post dumb shit- but at least do a little research before making yourself look like an idiot. My QB had 27 carries this season in 6.5 ballgames. Thats 4 carries per game Waterboy. Also notice we threw 163 passes on the season to 156 runs.

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/natchez-bulldogs-(natchez,ms)/football/stats.htm

Wow, that's amazing. I apologize for ever questioning the self proclaimed smartest high school offensive coordinator that has ever existed. It amazes me how you're not already in the hall of fame, but I'm sure you have pictures of yourself all the way down your hall.

Johnson85
12-01-2020, 11:39 AM

Man, it's really surprising that PAC12 defensive coaches don't do anyscouting or film work. You'd think paying high six figures would get you defensive coaches that would at least take the time to watch an Apple Cup film after a few years of success by Washington, since that's all you have to do to shut down Leach's offense. But I guess $500k to $800k isn't what is used to be and you have to get to the SEC before you get DC's that will take a couple of hours to watch film.

MedDawg
12-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Will simply takes care of the ball better than Costello. In hindsight to me that's Leach's biggest mistake. Not going with Will to start with. But I understand why he didn't since he was a true freshman and coaches tend to lean on experience- sometimes too much in some cases. Also, Rogers was sick the first two games.

If we don't have the pick 6's we beat Arkansas and Kentucky and our season is probably completely different.

I mean, you can't really complain about Costello's START at LSU. Record 600+ yards passing! So Leach HAD to give Costello the next start vs Arkansas.

Who knows if Leach would have replaced Costello 2-3 games after LSU, because Will was out due to Covid. I'm not really sure which games.

TNDawg35
12-01-2020, 12:28 PM

Dude no one give a shit what YOU run nor what YOU think we should run. All you do is come on here and let us know everything that is wrong and how it should be fixed. You a 17in high school coach. If you are such a ?great football mind?, what you doing in the high school ranks jackass...

Coach34
12-01-2020, 12:59 PM
If you are such a ?great football mind?, what you doing in the high school ranks jackass...

So you cant cook a great pot of gumbo if you arent a chef in a New Orleans restaurant?
You have to be Myron Mixon or Johnny Trigg to do a great rack of ribs?
You have to be a Fireman or you dont know how to put out a fire?
You cant be a great governor unless you are Tate Reeves?
You cant possibly know anything about being a good athletic director unless you are John Cohen or Larry Templeton?

**edited to add**- there are some really good HS coaches in Mississippi. Much better than there was 20 years. Just because they dont coach on the college level- doesnt mean they dont know football as well as others that do.

FISHDAWG
12-01-2020, 01:11 PM
Did anyone see this ? Who said Will needed more arm strength ?

https://twitter.com/john_keeler/status/1333570726436204545

msstate7
12-01-2020, 01:12 PM
If you have to be an sec level coach to critique an sec coach, I suppose you have to be an sec level athlete to critique an sec athlete. This board is gonna be pretty boring following this logic.

msstate7
12-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Did anyone see this ?

Thank God the ref used good judgment. He could've just tossed him.

TNDawg35
12-01-2020, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Coach34;1291643]So you cant cook a great pot of gumbo if you arent a chef in a New Orleans restaurant?
You cant possibly know anything about being a good athletic director unless you are John Cohen or Larry Templeton?
I never said there wasn?t and I know a good many of them. However you hop on here and act like your king shit saying what all is wrong and this is how you fix it. And if anyone and I mean ANYONE disagrees with you, your argument is well you just don?t know what the hell your talking about!! Oh and did I mention when we win or have a good game, we never hear a word out of you. All you do is come on here and make sure everyone knows how right you were or how good you are. Even if the stats don?t back you up, you twist them To make them fit what you want them to. Take that shit out of here coffee boy...

StarkVegasSteve
12-01-2020, 01:23 PM
My basic thoughts about the game after I've taken a couple of days to think about it:

1. Will Rogers has really impressed the last two weeks and I think he'll continue to do so. I think we have a great chance to finish 2-0 with him at the helm. He's turned what was going to be the Sawyer Robertson coronation the moment he stepped on campus into what might be the most anticipated MSU QB battle since Wyatt vs Madkin.

2. Jaden Walley is going to be an absolute star. How so many missed on him is wild. He's gonna buck the streak of no MSU receivers drafted. He looks like Devonta Smith did as a Freshman

3. Malik Heath is a matchup nightmare. He was worth the wait.

4. Aaron Brule is a star in the making. This kid has the makeup to be the next KJ or BMac. He is constantly near the ball.

5. PLEASE PAY ZACH ARNETT.

6. We might've found our next De'Runnya in Spivey. Saturday might've been his breakout game and I think he'll become a go to redzone target in the last two games.

7. Once we get even more receivers in this offense it might get scary VERY FAST. The improvement we've made in the last two weeks is night and day from where we were 6 weeks ago. Playing like this we would have at least 2 more wins.

bulldawg28
12-01-2020, 01:25 PM
Did anyone see this ? Who said Will needed more arm strength ?

Too funny!

confucius say
12-01-2020, 01:28 PM

What you just described is an execution problem. Fumbles and bad snaps that killed 3 drives. Nothing to do with scheme.

We had 11 possessions. 4 scores. 7 empty possessions. That's too many. But of those 7 you had a fumble at the goal line and two rolled snaps by Cole. All three of those are not on scheme, they are on lack of execution.

Let things play out and see what happens.

Percho
12-01-2020, 06:02 PM
So you cant cook a great pot of gumbo if you arent a chef in a New Orleans restaurant?

**edited to add**- there are some really good HS coaches in Mississippi. Much better than there was 20 years. Just because they dont coach on the college level- doesnt mean they dont know football as well as others that do.

There have been a lot of HS coaches who never coached College but would have been great at college level,

Tbonewannabe
12-02-2020, 03:12 PM
What you just described is an execution problem. Fumbles and bad snaps that killed 3 drives. Nothing to do with scheme.

We had 11 possessions. 4 scores. 7 empty possessions. That's too many. But of those 7 you had a fumble at the goal line and two rolled snaps by Cole. All three of those are not on scheme, they are on lack of execution.

Let things play out and see what happens.

Also fumbling a ball on the 1 foot line doesn't happen often along with two snaps that bad. You could probably go multiple years without either of those types of plays happening. I am not talking about a bad snap but so bad it goes past the QB and you just have to fall on it.

R2Dawg
12-02-2020, 03:47 PM
There have been a lot of HS coaches who never coached College but would have been great at college level,

This is true and you can say this about any field. I've seen in my line of work for 30+ years. Just because a guy didn't go the CEO or VP or whatever the next level, doesn't mean they don't know their stuff, many even better than those that did promote up. I've seen too many moved up that didn't deserve it. Sure same goes for coaching circles as well.