PDA

View Full Version : We have really played a toughass schedule this year

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:27 AM
Alcorn is 8-3
Bowling Green is 6-3 and 4-1 in conference
Ok State is 7-1 entering today
Troy took King Hud down to the wire on his home field- and we all know Hud is the best coach in the nation- a mix of Bryant and Paterno with some Knute Rockne sprinkled on top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmY7ttVNiWo

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Alcorn is 8-3
Troy took King Hud down to the wire on his home field- and we all know Hud is the best coach in the nation- a mix of Bryant and Paterno with some Knute Rockne sprinkled on top.

It's gonna be real interesting to see how some of you act if we ever hire Hud. Even if Arkansas or another big program hires him I'm looking forward to see the tone change by some of you.

Bear@Work
11-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Alcorn is 8-3

Coach went to a Bear bachelor party and got hacked!!!

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Alcorn is 8-3

Bowling Green got blown out at Indiana 42-10 so we are worse than Indiana who sucks by this logic.

K9 Avenger
11-09-2013, 09:44 AM
Coach is right.....the Hud love and Mullen hate on this board borders on sociopathic behavior. For some of you, as pertains to Hud, it's past time to zip up and move on....at least until the season has played out.

The Croom Diaries
11-09-2013, 09:49 AM
Pump that sunshine, brotha! It's always sunny in Starkville where the schedule was tough and we're just too young!

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Pump that sunshine, brotha! It's always sunny in Starkville where the schedule was tough and we're just too young!

Year 5 with 2 injuries for the season and we are automatically young. Just because the players you recruited the last 2 years are better than your older players, it is making yourself younger. That isn't an excuse.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Bowling Green got blown out at Indiana 42-10 so we are worse than Indiana who sucks by this logic.

Injuries, team growth, and other factors all play a part as the season moves on.

If we played Ok State right now- there is no way in hell the score would be 21-3 again- but of course, I shouldnt have to tell you this

Coach34
11-09-2013, 09:57 AM
Year 5 with 2 injuries for the season and we are automatically young. .

Year 12 Bear Bryant went 6-5. It's ****ing YEAR 12- how in the hell could he do that??? He should have been 18-0 in YEAR 12!!!!!

engie
11-09-2013, 09:59 AM
Injuries, team growth, and other factors all play a part as the season moves on.

If we played Ok State right now- there is no way in hell the score would be 21-3 again- but of course, I shouldnt have to tell you this

That's right. Now, it would be 45-21 with both offenses clicking.

maroonmania
11-09-2013, 10:02 AM
I personally have no Mullen hate. Would love for him to succeed but I'm getting tired of having good teams beat our ass up and down the field. I actually dread seeing this game today because its probably going to be ANOTHER ugly one. And nobody knows really how well Hud would do at MSU except I do feel he would recruit better, how much better I don't know but definitely better. He is a much more likeable guy in the home setting and has a lot of connections in MS. Hud just creates a unique situation because I can't ever remember a true up and coming coach at the D1 level who has these kind of ties to MSU.

engie
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Year 12 Bear Bryant went 6-5. It's ****ing YEAR 12- how in the hell could he do that??? He should have been 18-0 in YEAR 12!!!!!

How many national titles had he already won? That type of past buys you patience.

All we've got to hang our hat on is a 6-6 coach that took a 10-2 team to 8-4 in 2010. Yay.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:04 AM
That's right. Now, it would be 45-21 with both offenses clicking.

I dont think we'd beat them that bad- but I think we would go for about 27-30

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:05 AM
How many national titles had he already won? That type of past buys you patience.

Dude- It's YEAR 12- no excuses!!!!!

engie
11-09-2013, 10:08 AM
I personally have no Mullen hate. Would love for him to succeed but I'm getting tired of having good teams beat our ass up and down the field. I actually dread seeing this game today because its probably going to be ANOTHER ugly one. And nobody knows really how well Hud would do at MSU except I do feel he would recruit better, how much better I don't know but definitely better. He is a much more likeable guy in the home setting and has a lot of connections in MS. Hud just creates a unique situation because I can't ever remember a true up and coming coach at the D1 level who has these kind of ties to MSU.

Bingo. Our arrogant ass head coach is frozen out of the two best Juco programs in the country now. There's a reason we had to place Donald Gray at Co-Lin.

Meanwhile, EMCC's head coach was Hudspeth's starting right guard when he was QB at Delta St and MGCCC's head coach won a national title at Delta St with Hudspeth as OC...

But Mullen is recruiting so well, he still doesn't have an OV on the books...

engie
11-09-2013, 10:10 AM
I dont think we'd beat them that bad- but I think we would go for about 27-30

Officially off your rocker with the sunshine pumping.

engie
11-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Dude- It's YEAR 12- no excuses!!!!!

Was Auburn consistently kicking the dog shit out of him at this point? That's the real question.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Bingo. Our arrogant ass head coach is frozen out of the two best Juco programs in the country now. There's a reason we had to place Donald Gray at Co-Lin.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Co-Lin's HC is a former State coach under Sherrill- and is tremendously loyal to our University. There are legit complaints to our recruiting- but this is flat out bullshit here- C'mon Engie

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:16 AM
Was Auburn consistently kicking the dog shit out of him at this point? That's the real question.

When Ole Miss consistently beats us- let me know

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Coach is right.....the Hud love and Mullen hate on this board borders on sociopathic behavior. For some of you, as pertains to Hud, it's past time to zip up and move on....at least until the season has played out.

Yet, AGAIN, it's a Mullen defender that brings up Hud. You guys need to realize that your own posts about the "Hud and Mullen stuff" are pretty much the only talks of it right now. For a bunch of people that think it is ruining the board, you sure do keep bringing it up.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 10:23 AM

Ok, I'll holler at you after Thanksgiving.

engie
11-09-2013, 10:24 AM

K

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:25 AM
Ok, I'll holler at you after Thanksgiving.

archived Ronny-style

engie
11-09-2013, 10:27 AM
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that Co-Lin's HC is a former State coach under Sherrill- and is tremendously loyal to our University. There are legit complaints to our recruiting- but this is flat out bullshit here- C'mon Engie

Oh -- so we had to go throughout the MSJCAA in order to find a coach whose love for MSU superceded their hatred for Mullen. And that's not making my point how?

My point was that Mullen has basically ****ed himself at Gulf Coast and East. He is and will be getting no more blue chip talent from either. Meanwhile, they are combining to put?20? players on the next level?

engie
11-09-2013, 10:28 AM
archived Ronny-style

Touche

We will be a 10-14 point underdog in that game.

You are worse than Dawgbreeze with Stansbury at this point -- and you still can't even seen it.

bluelightstar
11-09-2013, 10:36 AM
So, we've moved on to excuse #7 why this season isn't really Mullen's fault. got it.

The Croom Diaries
11-09-2013, 10:41 AM
I just don't understand it, Coach. This team is draped in mediocrity and you're going out of your way to defend it. We haven't won a game against a BCS team that ended the year with a winning record since Michigan. You're bringing up Alcorn's record as evidence of a tough schedule? We've played one good team (out of 9) to a close game in the last 2 years, and only 4 (out of 16) in the last 3 years. If you take away the FCS games and go back to an 11 game schedule we are 8-4, 5-6 and 7-5 the last three years, and only 3-4 right now. We are doing the bare minimum possible for a SEC program outside of being a complete, raging dumpster fire. It's fine if you want to keep Mullen, but pumping sunshine like this reeks of wanting to stay on the good side of the athletic department.

Coach34
11-09-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not sunshine pumping- I'm speaking the truth.

I am still of the belief that we are going to go 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win- and then go on to win 8-9 games next season when we have 16 starters returning and alot of depth.

Until that does not happen- I'm a Mullenite. If we dont go 6-6 this year- then I'll probably be ready for change. I said before the season started that less than 6-6 with this team is unacceptable, and I havent wavered.

Bass Chaser
11-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I think next year we go 7-5.

Talent trumps experience (returning starters) most of the time according to cfbmatrix.com.

I will agree that less than 6-6 is unacceptable.

Will James
11-09-2013, 11:08 AM
You're conveniently setting yourself up with the Egg Bowl talk. It's not going to make you any superior to the "non-Mullenites" by waiting until the 5-7 happens you know.

"We'll I didn't make any quick decisions based on the schedule, I waited till it actually came to pass" isn't a moral high ground. We've been mediocre. We are mediocre. I don't have to prance around "expecting" an Egg Bowl win only to be flabbergasted when it doesn't happen because its somehow in your head expected to.

engie
11-09-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm not sunshine pumping

Until that does not happen- I'm a Mullenite. If we dont go 6-6 this year- then I'll probably be ready for change. I said before the season started that less than 6-6 with this team is unacceptable, and I havent wavered.

So, you are just calling out everyone else that sees in advance the reality that is 6-6 is highly unlikely? You expect us to win a toss up on the road and as a 10+ point underdog at home -- and that isn't sunshine pumping how?

Coach34
11-09-2013, 11:14 AM
So, you are just calling out everyone else that sees in advance the reality that is 6-6 is highly unlikely? You expect us to win a toss up on the road and as a 10+ point underdog at home -- and that isn't sunshine pumping how?

Probably because I dont see it as a toss-up on the road and there is no way we will be a 10 point dawg at home vs OM

The Croom Diaries
11-09-2013, 11:16 AM

Sorry, Coach, I agree with you 95% of the time but this thread is sunshine pumping at its finest. Using Alcorn State's 8-3 record in a lower division of college football and Bowling Green's 4-1 record in a lower tier conference is textbook sunshine pumping.

engie
11-09-2013, 11:23 AM
Vegas thought we were 6-9 points worse than them prior to this run of games, which is going to prop them up and put us down.

Tbonewannabe
11-09-2013, 12:09 PM

I am still of the belief that we are going to go 6-6 with an Egg Bowl win- and then go on to win 8-9 games next season when we have 16 starters returning and alot of depth.

Who are the 9 games we are winning next year? I can't see more than 7. I really think any coach not named Croom could win 7. I hope Mullen gets it turned around but I just don't see very much benefit to keeping a coach that is maintaining us at mediocre where the rest of the SEC is improving.

smootness
11-09-2013, 12:12 PM
My point was that Mullen has basically ****ed himself at Gulf Coast and East. He is and will be getting no more blue chip talent from either.

So, when did this happen, and why?

DownwardDawg
11-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Yet, AGAIN, it's a Mullen defender that brings up Hud. You guys need to realize that your own posts about the "Hud and Mullen stuff" are pretty much the only talks of it right now. For a bunch of people that think it is ruining the board, you sure do keep bringing it up.

Thank you. I was about to type the same thing. It's 17'n Game Day and the Mullen lovers can't stop with the Hud threads.

Vandownbytheriver
11-09-2013, 12:23 PM
I love this, "We killed Troy and Hud barely beat them!" Hud sucks, Mullen killed them. Screw you Hud supporters!!!!!

"Well, we barely beat BG and Indiana killed them." Don't you know teams get better as the year goes on! Get outta here with that nonsense!

Yeah, no sunshine pumping or twisting shit to make it fit your agenda. These are the same people who talk shit when Hud's teams are struggling and blame everyone, but Mullen when we are getting ass raped. I get to have another one of these conversations this afternoon when 3 guys. Yay me. It's simple, you want people to hush about a coaching change, that Yankee asshole needs to win a damn game he isn't favored in that matters. Until then, he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

CadaverDawg
11-09-2013, 12:27 PM
I love this, "We killed Troy and Hud barely beat them!" Hud sucks, Mullen killed them. Screw you Hud supporters!!!!!

"Well, we barely beat BG and Indiana killed them." Don't you know teams get better as the year goes on! Get outta here with that nonsense!

Yeah, no sunshine pumping or twisting shit to make it fit your agenda. These are the same people who talk shit when Hud's teams are struggling and blame everyone, but Mullen when we are getting ass raped. I get to have another one of these conversations this afternoon when 3 guys. Yay me. It's simple, you want people to hush about a coaching change, that Yankee asshole needs to win a damn game he isn't favored in that matters. Until then, he deserves every bit of criticism he gets.

Hammer meet nail.

Dawgface
11-09-2013, 12:38 PM

Damn right. And if he beats A&M today, I will get off his ass. ;)