11-30-2020, 12:01 AM
Awkward.

Dawgology
11-30-2020, 12:09 AM
SMH ��*♂️

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 12:13 AM
Awkward.

I was fine with Vandy playing her, but a halftime speech is bit much by someone that's been on the team for 3 days.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2020, 12:16 AM
Apparently it fired em up big time too!*****

BayouDawg
11-30-2020, 12:48 AM
This is so cringe

ZedFedder
11-30-2020, 12:52 AM
I was fine with Vandy playing her, but a halftime speech is bit much by someone that's been on the team for 3 days.

Absolutely. That’s incredibly ridiculous.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 12:59 AM
This is hilarious.

How bad does your team culture have to be for this to happen?

I mean damn- no wonder they fired their coach.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 01:02 AM
Apparently it fired em up big time too!*****

Yeah all the cheering each other on kept Mizzou under 42.**

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 01:03 AM
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1333103207573118977?s=20

https://media.tenor.com/images/e6d59d3bdee0815f36c7d1d67b0855ae/tenor.gif

The worst part about it to me is it seems like she did it impromptu.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2020, 01:05 AM
Yeah all the cheering each other on kept Mizzou under 42.**

Yep she obviously has a career as a motivational speaker. Poor Vandy.

Todd4State
11-30-2020, 01:36 AM
Yep she obviously has a career as a motivational speaker. Poor Vandy.

I want to know what the players were really thinking when she made her speech. We'll never know because they don't want to the PC police to kill them. But it was probably something along the lines of "This is really happening. Unbelievable."

Indndawg
11-30-2020, 07:07 AM
I want to know what the players were really thinking when she made her speech. We'll never know because they don't want to the PC police to kill them. But it was probably something along the lines of "This is really happening. Unbelievable."

Years of coordinator or cleaning crew leader await

WinningIsRelentless
11-30-2020, 08:01 AM
I got $50 dollars that the chick to kick shotguns a$$.

basedog
11-30-2020, 08:22 AM
2 bits, 4 bits, 6 bits A Dollar, All For Vandy stand up and .....*

msudawg1200
11-30-2020, 08:24 AM
That is very typical of a girl. Just go to a high school girls softball game. Non-stop, annoying cheering. If the coaches said that they'd been wanting to say that then they deserved to be fired. If I was a player who had been out their getting the hell knocked out of me it'd been hard to keep my mouth shut when she started running her yack.

Leroy Jenkins
11-30-2020, 08:25 AM

She appears tone-deaf to the likely reason for the teams quietness... which makes it even more cringe.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 08:35 AM
She appears tone-deaf to the likely reason for the teams quietness... which makes it even more cringe.

I cringed at that as well.

She couldn't figure out why the sideline was so quiet

DCdawg
11-30-2020, 08:47 AM
The worst part of that statement is that other coaches were allegedly saying that they had been wanting to say that for a while. I don't know what they were waiting on, but they waited a day too late and are about to be out of a job.

Matt3467
11-30-2020, 08:53 AM
Unbelievable how Mason lasted this long. Could you imagine Joe being here 7 years and in his finale doing what Mason did? Lol

SteelCurtain74
11-30-2020, 09:20 AM
Could that be categorized as womansplaining? I saw another story where she said she would like to stay on the team the rest of the season.

ShotgunDawg
11-30-2020, 09:29 AM
I don't blame the girl at all.

She's done absolutely nothing wrong here & honestly has made a name for herself while showing some courage to even attempt a half time speech. I commend her.

My disgust & LOL is aimed at the Vandy football program for being in this situation. Just absolutely embarrassing

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-30-2020, 10:06 AM

Wow! It took balls to say all of that.

Johnson85
11-30-2020, 10:23 AM

Yup. That's awful. And I also think it was somewhat awful for Vandy to use her to kickoff the second half, assuming she wasn't the best person available (which as it was an ingame decision, seems like there's a decent chance that's the case). I'm sure there are girls soccer players that would be pretty solid and accurate placekickers. But if she didn't have the best leg available, using her just to say they used her because they were a scared they wouldn't have an extra point or fieldgoal seems a little disrespectful. If she had been with the team the whole season, yea, get her a shot at something just like you sometimes do with walkons to reward their hard work. But she had been with the team three days. It wouldn't have been insulting for her to not get a play. Now the first women to play in a DI football game got to play as a gimmick, not because she was the best player available.

PendingTransaction
11-30-2020, 10:34 AM
I'm leaning toward the AD "suggesting" that Mason give her the opportunity.

BrunswickDawg
11-30-2020, 10:44 AM

She's done absolutely nothing wrong here & honestly has made a name for herself while showing some courage to even attempt a half time speech. I commend her.

My disgust & LOL is aimed at the Vandy football program for being in this situation. Just absolutely embarrassing

I really don't either. She is from a completely different culture than that locker room. First, women's sports in HS/college is constant Ra-Ra!! - full of cheers and pep. Annoyingly so. Second, she comes from a winning background and just won an SEC title (with 3 key saves as goalie) as a freshman less than a week ago. I'm sure the lack give a shit was shocking to her. Vandy should be embarrassed that their football culture is so bad it's being called out by the soccer players.

Commercecomet24
11-30-2020, 11:42 AM

This made me laugh! Awesome!

RocketDawg
11-30-2020, 12:19 PM
That is very typical of a girl. Just go to a high school girls softball game. Non-stop, annoying cheering. If the coaches said that they'd been wanting to say that then they deserved to be fired. If I was a player who had been out their getting the hell knocked out of me it'd been hard to keep my mouth shut when she started running her yack.

Yep, that's exactly what I was going to say, except it happens on girls' softball in college too. They're all the time jumping around and acting - like girls. I wonder if she'd have been making the same speech if she'd been leveled by a 300-pounder after that kick. Bottom line, in my opinion, girls should stick with girls teams, guys with guys. Either that or let men play on the womens soccer and softball team. And we don't want that.

basedog
11-30-2020, 01:22 PM
This made me laugh! Awesome!

Most young'un's on ED have probably never heard this once arousing motivating cheer back in the day*

I just wished you would have kicked deep, receiver races forward and she makes the tackle!

Commercecomet24
11-30-2020, 01:28 PM
Most young'un's on ED have probably never heard this once arousing motivating cheer back in the day*

I just wished you would have kicked deep, receiver races forward and she makes the tackle!

Aw yes the staple cheer of our pep rally's and Friday nights back in the day!

Now her making a tackle would've been something to see.

basedog
11-30-2020, 01:33 PM
Aw yes the staple cheer of our pep rally's and Friday nights back in the day!

Now her making a tackle would've been something to see.

Do u think if that would have happened players or coaches would have slapped her butt, shoulder pads or just been fired up to win the game, LOL.

Activated Alpha
11-30-2020, 01:38 PM
Man, I went on a few dates with Courtney Cronin back in 2013 hah

TUSK
11-30-2020, 02:09 PM
Player of the Week, too!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoFlXfIUcAEFrx2?format=jpg&name=large

Ari Gold
11-30-2020, 02:11 PM
I'm leaning toward the AD "suggesting" that Mason give her the opportunity.

Bingo

Ari Gold
11-30-2020, 02:12 PM
And the media is eating it up...
it’s embarrassing

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 02:20 PM

Ha, Ha, Ha. No PR stunt here. Nothing to see, move along. Ha, Ha, Ha.

Glad some of yall are not running our football program.

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 02:22 PM
Do u think if that would have happened players or coaches would have slapped her butt, shoulder pads or just been fired up to win the game, LOL.

Ah another point. So slapping on the but is just a guy thing in sports. So it they do it to her is that sexual harassment? Or are they not supposed to treat her like one of the guys?

basedog
11-30-2020, 03:00 PM
Ah another point. So slapping on the but is just a guy thing in sports. So it they do it to her is that sexual harassment? Or are they not supposed to treat her like one of the guys?

IFFY

R2Dawg
11-30-2020, 03:06 PM
Wow! It took balls to say all of that.

Just shows how different men and women are. Women are more vocal expressive than men. Neither is wrong, just different. I coached my girls softball teams and they none stop cheering, yelling, all the time. Boys not near as much. Womansplaining to the mens team, great for lockerroom moral. Getting beat on field and then getting kicked between the legs at half by a girl. Yeah that will fire you up.

Duckdog
11-30-2020, 03:08 PM
Sooo I was right for calling it bullshit virtue signaling in my post. Ill ne waiting for the apologies from the douchebags thst said i was an asshole

Johnson85
11-30-2020, 03:09 PM

It would technically be sexual discrimination if they slap their guy teammates on the butt but did not slap her on the butt. They'd be treating her differently because of her sex, so...slap away I guess???

FISHDAWG
11-30-2020, 04:12 PM
I wonder if she gets the whirlpool all to herself

Tbonewannabe
11-30-2020, 04:19 PM
Player of the Week, too!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoFlXfIUcAEFrx2?format=jpg&name=large

Just proves it was a publicity stunt. Nothing was actually earned. I have no problem if a girl kicker wants to join the team in January, go through all the shitty practices, and earn her way but this is not that.

Jack Lambert
11-30-2020, 05:12 PM
Does Vandy get to go to a bowl game?

Westdawg
11-30-2020, 06:19 PM

Whistle....wait, wrong sport !!

Westdawg
11-30-2020, 06:23 PM
Alright, I'll bite.....how in the heck is that allowed??? Not because she's a girl, but because how is it allowed to bring in a NEW player in the middle of the season, walk-on or otherwise?
And even more so, it should be completely against the rules if she is on scholarship for soccer... it should count against the total allowed for football IF she received any scholarship for soccer.
I know, I know, it's a girl soccer player. But you need to consider the current cultural climate we are dealing with. Now, all you need to do is find a few decent football prospects, get them to claim themselves a "transgender" athlete and boom, you've got a girls' soccer team full of 3 ⭐️ & maybe even a few low 4 ⭐️ trans football players who collect soccer schollies and walk-on for the football team.
Bear Bryant and Johnny Vaught would be oh so proud !!

Lord McBuckethead
12-01-2020, 03:13 AM
Yup. That's awful. And I also think it was somewhat awful for Vandy to use her to kickoff the second half, assuming she wasn't the best person available (which as it was an ingame decision, seems like there's a decent chance that's the case). I'm sure there are girls soccer players that would be pretty solid and accurate placekickers. But if she didn't have the best leg available, using her just to say they used her because they were a scared they wouldn't have an extra point or fieldgoal seems a little disrespectful. If she had been with the team the whole season, yea, get her a shot at something just like you sometimes do with walkons to reward their hard work. But she had been with the team three days. It wouldn't have been insulting for her to not get a play. Now the first women to play in a DI football game got to play as a gimmick, not because she was the best player available.

Well she is something no one else on thay team can claim to be, a winner.

Matt3467
12-01-2020, 08:51 AM
Alright, I'll bite.....how in the heck is that allowed??? Not because she's a girl, but because how is it allowed to bring in a NEW player in the middle of the season, walk-on or otherwise?
And even more so, it should be completely against the rules if she is on scholarship for soccer... it should count against the total allowed for football IF she received any scholarship for soccer.
I know, I know, it's a girl soccer player. But you need to consider the current cultural climate we are dealing with. Now, all you need to do is find a few decent football prospects, get them to claim themselves a "transgender" athlete and boom, you've got a girls' soccer team full of 3 ⭐️ & maybe even a few low 4 ⭐️ trans football players who collect soccer schollies and walk-on for the football team.
Bear Bryant and Johnny Vaught would be oh so proud !!

Makes you wonder why we can't just bring in players to fill roster needs whenever we want. We're the ones barely able to suit up a team. It was a PR stunt in a PC culture and no other way explaining it.

Johnson85
12-01-2020, 09:03 AM
Well she is something no one else on thay team can claim to be, a winner.

It's not hard to be a winner playing a minor sport at vandy. Those football players signed up knowing they were about to bust their ass for four or five years and if they're lucky, get a 7 win season and a 6 win season and two losing seasons. They presumably mostly could have gone to a successful G5 program but chose a much more difficult route, presumably to either get a degree or to compete in the SEC.

And they get rewarded by having a girls soccer player who hasn't been through the grueling practices or weightlifting and doesn't get hit giving them a speech about cheering near the end of a brutal year for them.

Jack Lambert
12-01-2020, 09:23 AM
Makes you wonder why we can't just bring in players to fill roster needs whenever we want. We're the ones barely able to suit up a team. It was a PR stunt in a PC culture and no other way explaining it.

Never seen the movie Water Boy?

Matt3467
12-01-2020, 12:31 PM
Never seen the movie Water Boy?

We'd take Bobby Boucher any day

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2020, 02:05 PM
Well, it looks like she may play again. She's travelling with the team to UGA - https://247sports.com/Article/Sarah-Fuller-Vanderbilt-Commodores-football-will-travel-to-Georgia-game-unclear-if-she-will-kick-Todd-Fitch-155769259/

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Well, it looks like she may play again. She's travelling with the team to UGA - https://247sports.com/Article/Sarah-Fuller-Vanderbilt-Commodores-football-will-travel-to-Georgia-game-unclear-if-she-will-kick-Todd-Fitch-155769259/

I wonder if she will be voted a team captain?

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2020, 03:09 PM

One question I do have from the article, it said that there was no one else that could kick but they did have a punter that punted 7 times with a 43.3 average. We have had guys do both and especially kicking off. Why wasn't the punter an option?

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2020, 03:27 PM
One question I do have from the article, it said that there was no one else that could kick but they did have a punter that punted 7 times with a 43.3 average. We have had guys do both and especially kicking off. Why wasn't the punter an option?

Kicking and Punting are different. They are mechanically very different, and if you are not used to doing the other regularly you risk an easy injury. In Vandy's case, an injury to the Punter would put them at a bigger disadvantage - because they punt a lot.

Gutter Cobreh
12-01-2020, 04:36 PM
Kicking and Punting are different. They are mechanically very different, and if you are not used to doing the other regularly you risk an easy injury. In Vandy's case, an injury to the Punter would put them at a bigger disadvantage - because they punt a lot.

They could technically punt the kickoff and go for two if they ever scored a TD, so having a kicker isn't a necessity like say having a QB (see Broncos game this weekend).

BrunswickDawg
12-01-2020, 04:43 PM
They could technically punt the kickoff and go for two if they ever scored a TD, so having a kicker isn't a necessity like say having a QB (see Broncos game this weekend).
That's true, just like the could drop kick the extra point or FG attempt - you don't see any of those very often.

Tbonewannabe
12-01-2020, 06:51 PM
That's true, just like the could drop kick the extra point or FG attempt - you don't see any of those very often.

Would attempting a drop kick fg be better than someone who has never kicked fgs before? I don't think I saw her attempt anything past 2-3 yards warming up. One fg looked like crap but the other looked pretty good. It was interesting that they never really showed her attempting anything that would even be an extra point since it would have been 7 yards further back.

Gutter Cobreh
12-01-2020, 07:50 PM

Good point. Forgot about the drop kick extra point. Saw it done earlier this year in a clip from a high school in KS

Ari Gold
12-01-2020, 08:05 PM
I would love for Vandy to have a 25 yard fg to win the game this weekend and they trout out the punter to take the kick..

turkish
12-01-2020, 08:23 PM
Kicking and punting are different. But girls’ soccer and SEC football ... pretty similar.

TUSK
12-01-2020, 09:38 PM
I would love for Vandy to have a 25 yard fg to win the game this weekend and they trout out the punter to take the kick..

This fvcker has the correct interrogative....

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2020, 02:21 PM
Sounds like Vandy is having players opt out due to not wanting to be part of the social justice, woke, shit-show. I expect their game to be canceled due to "COVID".

ShotgunDawg
12-04-2020, 02:26 PM
Sounds like Vandy is having players opt out due to not wanting to be part of the social justice, woke, shit-show. I expect their game to be canceled due to "COVID".

you go woke, you go broke. It's that simple. And that's not a Rep vs Dem thing. I know many Dems that aren't woke.

Sorry to see her Heisman campaign end because, with a FG or two, you know damn well there would've been a push to get her to NY

Leroy Jenkins
12-04-2020, 02:32 PM
Apparently Kirby was asked if he had addressed his team on what his players should do if she was involved in a play. How embarrassing.

coachnorm
12-06-2020, 02:44 PM
I wonder what the Las Vegas odds would be that there would be ONE of ONE HUNDRED on the team that could kick the ball off. My last coaching position at Southwestern College in San Diego had skill guys kicking off just for fun?

Leroy Jenkins
12-06-2020, 06:31 PM
I wonder what the Las Vegas odds would be that there would be ONE of ONE HUNDRED on the team that could kick the ball off. My last coaching position at Southwestern College in San Diego had skill guys kicking off just for fun?

That's the thing that makes it soooooo damn frustrating that this is manufactured, literally ANYONE on the team could squib the ball if that's all they needed.

What would the story be if the kickoff had been returned and somebody broke her neck?

TimberBeast
12-07-2020, 12:45 AM
That?s why it should never happen. The other players wouldn?t hit her. If you can?t get hit you can?t be on the field.

bulldawg28
12-08-2020, 06:59 AM
That's the thing that makes it soooooo damn frustrating that this is manufactured, literally ANYONE on the team could squib the ball if that's all they needed.

What would the story be if the kickoff had been returned and somebody broke her neck?

That story would be called "Game Over!"

FISHDAWG
12-08-2020, 08:40 AM
That?s why it should never happen. The other players wouldn?t hit her. If you can?t get hit you can?t be on the field.

not all players ... I would have leveled her ass then told her to bake a cake, but that's just me .... and yes I'm married, and for 38 years to the same woman who can't bake a damn cake

KentuckyDawg13
12-08-2020, 09:13 AM
She has more balls than most of the wimps here bitching about her.

TimberBeast
12-09-2020, 01:34 AM

How so?

parabrave
12-09-2020, 02:35 AM

My 92 year old mother can go out there kick a grounder and get back to the sideline as fast as goalie babe did. Whats so fing hard and special about that. Most 139 lb kickers go downfield to at least get in the returners was or fall down infront of them. This girl is probably bigger than most male kickers.

Matt3467
12-09-2020, 08:57 AM
I read an article recently where Vandy QB Mike Wright said players were "giddy" to have a girl on the team and that after the kick players were crying on the sideline.

Johnson85
12-09-2020, 09:01 AM
I read an article recently where Vandy QB Mike Wright said players were "giddy" to have a girl on the team and that after the kick players were crying on the sideline.

He's setting up an argument that the entire team has low T and should get a medical exception to take steroid injections. That's the benefit of recruiting smart players.**

Tbonewannabe
12-09-2020, 07:37 PM

I understand there are glass ceilings that women and different minorities are still breaking but I just don't understand this one.

There are plenty of men that don't get those opportunities to play football. Will we congratulate the first heterosexual male that wants to play women's softball? There are probably guys at MSU that are not good enough to play baseball and could probably make the team in softball. Softball also has full scholies where baseball doesn't.

R2Dawg
12-09-2020, 10:16 PM

Ha, Ha. If true that tells you all you need to know about why Vandy football is what it is. What a dumpster fire they are. And Vandy women will not come out for national anthem. I'm fine with Vandy leaving the SEC, what an embarrassment.

R2Dawg
12-09-2020, 10:20 PM
I understand there are glass ceilings that women and different minorities are still breaking but I just don't understand this one.

There are plenty of men that don't get those opportunities to play football. Will we congratulate the first heterosexual male that wants to play women's softball? There are probably guys at MSU that are not good enough to play baseball and could probably make the team in softball. Softball also has full scholies where baseball doesn't.

Part of the left revolution. When you offer counterfeits it cheapens the real thing. Fake men or fake women or fake money or fake marriages (same sex marriages), it devalues the real men, real women, real money, and real marriage (between man and woman).

What is behind this? If it outright rebellion against the Creator and what He says is right and wrong. They shake their fist at God and His law. They want none of it. One day they will get their wish and it will not be at all what they think.

Matt3467
12-09-2020, 10:53 PM

There aren't full ride scholarships in college baseball??

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2020, 07:42 AM

I doubt that anyone in the SEC has a full scholarship in baseball. It would have to be a team like LSU with their scholarship advantage getting a first rounder to skip the draft or maybe Vandy with their private school scholies.

Johnson85
12-10-2020, 09:15 AM

I think most players get a third of a scholarship and then they try to find some other money they qualify for to supplement it.

Cooterpoot
12-10-2020, 09:24 AM
It's pretty pathetic that some of internet tough guys are still bitching about a girl. And no, softball doesn't give out full scholarships either. Most are half or less.

Leroy Jenkins
12-10-2020, 09:28 AM

There are 11.7 scholarships to be parted out among a roster. Each player must get a minimum of 25% the average per player is around 1/3rd scholarship.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2020, 09:52 AM
It's pretty pathetic that some of internet tough guys are still bitching about a girl. And no, softball doesn't give out full scholarships either. Most are half or less.

I don't have a problem at all if the girl actually went out and was the best kicker. This however seems to be completely different. She didn't "earn" anything. Even her playing time (which there are walk ons who go through the same practices and off season program and never get on the field) was given to her and not earned. She then is given an award for her play.

She is being praised for just showing up and getting everything handed to her.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2020, 09:57 AM
I don't have a problem at all if the girl actually went out and was the best kicker. This however seems to be completely different. She didn't "earn" anything. Even her playing time (which there are walk ons who go through the same practices and off season program and never get on the field) was given to her and not earned. She then is given an award for her play.

Cooter is just being Cooter ... College football is no 17'n place for women

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2020, 10:21 AM
Cooter is just being Cooter ... College football is no 17'n place for women

There might be some women that could beat out men for a position like kicker. My opinion is that if you want to truly be equal then you can't complain if women don't get the opportunities because of lacking ability.

If you want to get on the team then walk on like every other kicker and earn it in the off season.

Cooterpoot
12-10-2020, 10:28 AM

Who gives a shit? Let the kid have her time. You crotchety old 17rs bitch about the oddest things. Shes not taking anything from anyone or hurting anyone doing what she did. It's fine to say it was a publicity stunt, but to rant for a couple weeks is beyond embarrassing for a grown man.

AROB44
12-10-2020, 11:40 AM
Who gives a shit? Let the kid have her time. You crotchety old 17rs bitch about the oddest things. Shes not taking anything from anyone or hurting anyone doing what she did. It's fine to say it was a publicity stunt, but to rant for a couple weeks is beyond embarrassing for a grown man.

Rep Given!!!

Matt3467
12-10-2020, 01:02 PM

This is very much an ongoing story because it didn't stop after she "squibbed" a kick. She chastised a team during a halftime speech that she never put the time, sweat, and effort into like everyone else. Vanderbilt players are supposedly "giddy" and crying because of her according the their QB Mike Wright but it looks like there's some blow back within the team because many have been said to be considering opting out and Clay Travis says it's due to players being disgusted by the "girl kicker stunt and are disgusted by it." The Georgia game was cancelled and blamed on covid. If Vandy does field a team this week and she's in it look for her to be the center of attention again on a team that's 0-8.

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-players-considering-opting-out-of-final-game-at-georgia-another-kicker-joining-team/

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1334164212143230978

This woman won co-Sec special teams player of the week for one 30yd kick (tell me that wasn't pc). She's being heralded as an answer to "toxic masculinity" by some publications.

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2020, 01:20 PM
This is very much an ongoing story because it didn't stop after she "squibbed" a kick. She chastised a team during a halftime speech that she never put the time, sweat, and effort into like everyone else. Vanderbilt players are supposedly "giddy" and crying because of her according the their QB Mike Wright but it looks like there's some blow back within the team because many have been said to be considering opting out and Clay Travis says it's due to players being disgusted by the "girl kicker stunt and are disgusted by it." The Georgia game was cancelled and blamed on covid. If Vandy does field a team this week and she's in it look for her to be the center of attention again on a team that's 0-8.

https://www.outkick.com/vandy-players-considering-opting-out-of-final-game-at-georgia-another-kicker-joining-team/

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1334164212143230978

This woman won co-Sec special teams player of the week for one 30yd kick (tell me that wasn't pc). She's being heralded as an answer to "toxic masculinity" by some publications.

Clay Travis offers no proof in his article. He is creating shit out of thin air and speculation. No quotes. No proof. Which is par for the course with Travis. Whereas, you have a QB on record saying

“Trust me when I say no one on the team is offended, nor upset,” he tweeted Friday, closing with, “And the people who believe this is an issue . . . look in the mirror and you’ll see the actual problem.”

Once the game ended, Wright said, “I can 100 percent ensure that Sarah was accepted with open arms. Like I said in the tweet, and I just want to make sure that everybody knows that I meant every single word by that tweet, we were excited that Sarah joined the team. Most people don’t know, but Sarah gave a speech during halftime. I mean, you can take a leader out of their sport, but at the end of the day she’s still a leader.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/28/sarah-fuller-vanderbilt-kicker/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I trust the player over Travis any day of the week.

StateDawg44
12-10-2020, 01:33 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/26ufg3YDXyxICY42Q/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2020, 03:13 PM

But she did take something from someone that might have had a chance to get on the field. You don't know if they really gave everyone a chance since they were just planning on making "herstory". When I was in school, I had classes with some walk ons that went through the shit just to have a chance to get on that field.

Tbonewannabe
12-10-2020, 03:18 PM
Clay Travis offers no proof in his article. He is creating shit out of thin air and speculation. No quotes. No proof. Which is par for the course with Travis. Whereas, you have a QB on record saying

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/11/28/sarah-fuller-vanderbilt-kicker/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Well, I change my opinion. She seems to have more balls than the rest of that team. If it takes someone not on the team to provide leadership then no wonder they were 0-8 and Mason got fired.

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2020, 03:38 PM
But she did take something from someone that might have had a chance to get on the field. You don't know if they really gave everyone a chance since they were just planning on making "herstory". When I was in school, I had classes with some walk ons that went through the shit just to have a chance to get on that field.

Well, I change my opinion. She seems to have more balls than the rest of that team. If it takes someone not on the team to provide leadership then no wonder they were 0-8 and Mason got fired.

The article talks about how the reason they went to the soccer team is that the student body had already left campus. Something a lot of people miss too is that all players have to be cleared to compete by the NCAA. Even if they had had students on campus, getting them cleared by the NCAA in less then a week wouldn't happen - especially not during a short holiday week. Where I thing Vandy screwed up was by having her pooch kick it. Let her blast it. She has a decent leg:
https://twitter.com/vuhustlersports/status/1328788019181187080?s=20

Matt3467
12-10-2020, 03:49 PM

“Trust me when I say no one on the team is offended, nor upset,” he tweeted Friday, closing with, “And the people who believe this is an issue . . . look in the mirror and you’ll see the actual problem.”

Once the game ended, Wright said, “I can 100 percent ensure that Sarah was accepted with open arms. Like I said in the tweet, and I just want to make sure that everybody knows that I meant every single word by that tweet, we were excited that Sarah joined the team. Most people don’t know, but Sarah gave a speech during halftime. I mean, you can take a leader out of their sport, but at the end of the day she’s still a leader.”

I see what you're saying but the initial tweet by him was before the game and even after what he said after the game a lot can change and apparently it did since they didn't play the following week. You can say covid, they were scared of a GA beatdown, or whatever but the reason wasn't specifically given other than due to opt outs they didn't have enough players (they felt) to be able to field a team. So something happened in a weeks time.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/georgia-football-vanderbilt-canceled

BrunswickDawg
12-10-2020, 03:56 PM
I see what you're saying but the initial tweet by him was before the game and even after what he said after the game a lot can change and apparently it did since they didn't play the following week. You can say covid, they were scared of a GA beatdown, or whatever but the reason wasn't specifically given other than due to opt outs they didn't have enough players (they felt) to be able to field a team. So something happened in a weeks time.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/georgia-football-vanderbilt-canceled

Yeah, they fired their coach. After that, what is the point of finishing out this season - especially under current circumstances. Same thing is happening to LSU (due to losing, not firing the coach). Hell, it happened on our own team mid-season. If they quit because the girl called them out, then she was 17'n right about them.

The opt out was a terrible idea by the NCAA in how they implemented it. The opt out should have been at the start of the season only, unless you had a medical condition that made it necessary later.

Matt3467
12-10-2020, 05:56 PM
Yeah, they fired their coach. After that, what is the point of finishing out this season - especially under current circumstances. Same thing is happening to LSU (due to losing, not firing the coach). Hell, it happened on our own team mid-season. If they quit because the girl called them out, then she was 17'n right about them.

The opt out was a terrible idea by the NCAA in how they implemented it. The opt out should have been at the start of the season only, unless you had a medical condition that made it necessary later.

Right there I agree with you. How they didn't foresee players taking advantage of that is beyond me.

R2Dawg
12-10-2020, 10:54 PM

Cooter sorry but you are doing the same thing. Pot meet kettle. If you don't like it just let it go. Is there a time limit or post length limit on certain subjects? I see some people post the same topics 25 different threads and few complain if they agree. Just an opinion board.

Quaoarsking
12-12-2020, 04:35 PM
Looks like her speech might have worked. Champions tend to have a magnetic effect like that.

RocketDawg
12-12-2020, 05:00 PM
She made a PAT.

Tbonewannabe
12-12-2020, 05:24 PM
She made a PAT.

I don't understand why she didn't attempt the fg. Not watching it so was there some reason.

Leroy Jenkins
12-12-2020, 05:30 PM
She made a PAT.

Don't hey have their regular kicker back now? Do backup/emergency kickers typically attempt PAT's? Bowl bid stunt?

Quaoarsking
12-12-2020, 05:45 PM
Don't hey have their regular kicker back now? Do backup/emergency kickers typically attempt PAT's? Bowl bid stunt?

I would assume they wanted to give her a chance to score a point since their team full of losers (other than her) not only couldn't score last week, couldn't even get into field goal range...

parabrave
12-12-2020, 06:42 PM
I don't understand why she didn't attempt the fg. Not watching it so was there some reason.

They had a guy make the 39 Yarder/

Doggie_Style
12-13-2020, 01:19 AM

So you are afraid the PC police will burn your house down also....LOL

TimberBeast
12-13-2020, 02:25 AM
I still don?t understand why no one is addressing the issue of her getting hit? That?s the entire problem here. The guys can?t actually play the game because she?s on the field.