PDA

View Full Version : Apple cup/egg bowl

msstate7
11-29-2020, 10:11 AM
Leach is 1-8 in rivalry games losing last 8. It's just 1 in egg, so no reason to freak out yet, but you can't lost to rivals like that in sec and last. Hell, auburn isn't dominated by saban like that

Captain Falcon
11-29-2020, 10:56 AM
How he does in the Egg Bowl will definitely be important, but I?m not sure it?s fair to view it as a continuation of his Apple Cup record. UW/WSU is one-sided from a resources and talent standpoint, whereas the Egg Bowl rivalry is pretty even.

He lost his last 7 Apple Cups by double digits when he had mostly good WSU teams, and in his first Egg Bowl he took a below averages, undermanned team and lost a close game that could?ve been a win if not for 2-3 key moments.

It?s a totally different dynamic here than what he had previously, so I feel like you have to view things independently.

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2020, 11:06 AM
Leach is 1-8 in rivalry games losing last 8. It's just 1 in egg, so no reason to freak out yet, but you can't lost to rivals like that in sec and last. Hell, auburn isn't dominated by saban like that

Agree. This year was an odd situation.

Next year he needs to start winning these

Leroy Jenkins
11-29-2020, 12:57 PM

If Leach was as UW instead of WSU the record would be reversed. The schools are not as comparable as State and OM.

HoopsDawg
11-29-2020, 01:30 PM
If Leach was as UW instead of WSU the record would be reversed. The schools are not as comparable as State and OM.

Well, he won the first year. Then Washington played the 3-8 and he lost 7 in a row.

This year he is 1-6 vs the 3-8. The 1 win came against Vandy by 7 points when we were +5 in turnovers.

So I don't agree with your statement.