PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you notice that the deep balls.....

Thick
11-28-2020, 08:52 PM
Pretty much stopped after we stopped putting Guidry in the defensive backfield? Just curious , and I do agree with Coach about the game. The outcome (score wise was respectable) didn?t truly define the game. The only way this offense will work in the SEC is we have to have better/smarter WRs (understand how to get open vs zone coverage), and we have to have 2 RBs that are tough, mean, and cannot be tackled by one defender. Will is the future, but he has to be surrounded with good, solid talent. Love our DC, and our defense should get better and better with solid recruiting.

Commercecomet24
11-28-2020, 08:53 PM
Now this is a good post. Very accurate. Not overly negative, not overly positive, just a rational assessment. Thanks.

Percho
11-28-2020, 08:55 PM
I agree. We looked like a team that needs a lot of reps in order to understand what is being offered.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 08:56 PM
Yeah. I'm not going to bash Guidry too much. He was only out there because of our roster situation. He shouldn't be on the field and should be a special teams guy.

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 08:57 PM
And at least he didn't quit the team or try to pull a Jarrian Jones.

Coach34
11-28-2020, 08:58 PM
Pretty much stopped after we stopped putting Guidry in the defensive backfield? Just curious , and I do agree with Coach about the game. The outcome (score wise was respectable) didn?t truly define the game. The only way this offense will work in the SEC is we have to have better/smarter WRs (understand how to get open vs zone coverage), and we have to have 2 RBs that are tough, mean, and cannot be tackled by one defender. Will is the future, but he has to be surrounded with good, solid talent. Love our DC, and our defense should get better and better with solid recruiting.

agree 100% as usual. We also need another guy like you in the offense to be a little physical in the offense

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:59 PM

Will better improve his arm strength or Will Rogers will run him off the field in 2 years

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 08:59 PM

Good post Thick

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 09:00 PM
And at least he didn't quit the team or try to pull a Jarrian Jones.

I'm not even upset about Jones leaving anymore. There's no way his ass would've survived 5 games this season. None

Thick
11-28-2020, 09:11 PM
Will better improve his arm strength or Will Rogers will run him off the field in 2 years

I totally agree with you as well. The only negative I see in Will is his arm strength, but that should improve immensely once he gets completely involved into the strength program.

KOdawg1
11-28-2020, 09:11 PM

WOW he must be really good to take his own job**

Joebob
11-28-2020, 09:29 PM
I totally agree with you as well. The only negative I see in Will is his arm strength, but that should improve immensely once he gets completely involved into the strength program.

I'm not sure you can really improve arm strength. Not sure why, but most quarterbacks ( and pitchers) either have a strong arm or they don't. Maybe it's a factor of your fast twitch muscles (which don't respond well to strengthening attempts). It's probably similar to why you're either fast or you're not.

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 09:31 PM

Maybe a little. Arm strength can improve but he'll need to do some weighted ball stuff

ShotgunDawg
11-28-2020, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure you can really improve arm strength. Not sure why, but most quarterbacks ( and pitchers) either have a strong arm or they don't. Maybe it's a factor of your fast twitch muscles (which don't respond well to strengthening attempts). It's probably similar to why you're either fast or you're not.

It can improve but not totally change. Guys go from throwing 92 to throwing 98 all the time. The good thing for Will is that he hasn't hit puberty yet.

hp22
11-28-2020, 09:34 PM
The line has to be consistent and we have to be able to get the tough yards. But these last two weeks have given reason for optimism.

There are freshman all over the field making good plays. And the defense is outmanned for a variety of reasons yet they brought it every play.

I'm glad we have two more games to play.

Our freshman QB is a gamer. He has some young weapons on the outside too. Who knows how next year goes. I know I'm more optimistic about it now than I was a month ago. I think spring practice can really help this team given we went from run dominant to throwing 60 times a game.

SPMT
11-28-2020, 09:47 PM

That?s nonsense. Fast twitch responds extremely well to strength and power training.

You can most definitely improve velocity throwing as well as running. It?s highly unlikely to go from 4.8 to 4.3 or 88-95, but there are numerous cases of people going from 4.8-4.6 and adding a few mph to a pitch. There a State pitchers that have gone from 90-95.

I?ve personally trained myself o drop .2-.3 off of a 40.

All of that being said, Will can add velocity and distance barring injury and using power training.

SPMT
11-28-2020, 09:48 PM
It can improve but not totally change. Guys go from throwing 92 to throwing 98 all the time. The good thing for Will is that he hasn't hit puberty yet.

As he said.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2020, 10:27 PM
It?s not 35s fault at this point. It?s on us for putting him out there and it?s on us for continuing to scheme like we do at safety

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2020, 10:28 PM
Will has plenty of arm strength. that is the least of our concerns

Jack Lambert
11-28-2020, 10:33 PM
I just think if Hill was still on team we beat GA and Ole Miss. His experience and strength is dearly missed coming out of the back field.

Jack Lambert
11-28-2020, 10:35 PM

My son goes to Brandon and he was in the camp that Will was only good with good recievers. He has changed his tune about that.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2020, 10:36 PM
I just think if Hill was still on team we beat GA and Ole Miss. His experience and strength is dearly missed coming out of the back field.

Hill bailed out. He was exposed to be what he always was

Jack Lambert
11-28-2020, 10:37 PM
Hill bailed out. He was exposed to be what he always was

I agree with that statement but if he had kept his head on, he would have been a difference maker out there. Not taking away from the two RB's we have but you have to learn how to run the ball in SEC. They will learn and they will get better and stronger.

BuckyIsAB****
11-28-2020, 10:40 PM
They dressed out double what we did tonight and it took a fumble at the foot line to beat us. I can promise you there are at least 2 OM players that are strongly considering comin here

Cooterpoot
11-28-2020, 10:40 PM
I mean, Will didn't play poorly. Why the hell people beating him up? He's good in this system. The worst thing he's done is be a little late with the throw here and there and he's a freshman. He'll be in the weight program without a Covid shut down this next year. He and the younger guys all need it.

Lord McBuckethead
11-28-2020, 10:42 PM

maybe, but imagine signing for one coach, playing for another, and then having to play for another. It is a tough position to be in as a player. I do believe he would have had a better outcome if he would have stayed in the offense for just a couple more weeks than he did. Hope he goes on to have a hell of a career, somewhere.

I really wish he would have finished the year, or opt out from the beginning. Either way, wish him the best going forward and hope he is a good ambassador for the school forevermore.

TALL DAWG
11-28-2020, 10:45 PM
They dressed out double what we did tonight and it took a fumble at the foot line to beat us. I can promise you there are at least 2 OM players that are strongly considering comin here

I won?t ask what positions they play but are they offensive or defensive players?

Cowbell
11-28-2020, 10:57 PM
From their perspective, why are they considering? Just curious the reasons

Thick
11-28-2020, 11:35 PM
Clarification please........bc this year was shortened due to the China Virus. Does this mean then first, does this year count toward eligibility, and can a player transfer anywhere (even within their conference) this upcoming year?

Todd4State
11-28-2020, 11:44 PM
Clarification please........bc this year was shortened due to the China Virus. Does this mean then first, does this year count toward eligibility, and can a player transfer anywhere (even within their conference) this upcoming year?

I don't know about transfers but I do know that this year doesn't count towards eligibility.

Technically you could have guys eligibility not expire until 2025.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2020, 08:58 AM

You talking about Mingo and the safety/LB? GTFOH.... no way they transfer

ShotgunDawg
11-29-2020, 09:05 AM
You talking about Mingo and the safety/LB? GTFOH.... no way they transfer

Mingo is meh. He's not a difference maker for us. Heath is a better version of him.

msstate7
11-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Mingo is meh. He's not a difference maker for us. Heath is a better version of him.

You just made Bucky's list

Dawgfan77
11-29-2020, 09:16 AM
Bucky over here trying say both players from Brandon coming to state. Ain't happening if you know the people that that the job done for him and Ealy in Rankin county. Also Ealy is from Walnut Grove but ended up at Prep... I could go on

Jacksondevildog
11-29-2020, 09:23 AM
Ealy also "lived" with a pro-MSU family in Rankin County while attending Prep and we couldn't get that deal done.

Dawgfan77
11-29-2020, 09:28 AM
Ealy also "lived" with a pro-MSU family in Rankin County while attending Prep and we couldn't get that deal done.

You are correct. Joe blew them off then Huff left for Bama and deals got done

FISHDAWG
11-29-2020, 09:42 AM

Yep ... I saw him hurl it 50 yards or better with a high arc on the last play of the game... the arm strength is there I think... I also don't want him throwing a football 70 mph on a 10 yard pass either

Cowbell
11-29-2020, 11:27 AM

This has got to be sarcasm right??

Coach34
11-29-2020, 02:41 PM
Rogers will be a solid SEC QB. He just needs some innovation put into the run game to help the offense